Still no ETA on Server Transfers?

foxxycandy

Also, what does 90 // 150CC mean? I thought the old price was 90CC. So what’s the 150CC stand for?[/color]

The old price for transfers within your region was 90 CC, and transfers between regions (Europe vs. North America) was [EDIT:] 150 CC. That's what he means.

Edited by ChadCloman

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because if you want to start on another server and haven’t done all the class stories yet, you do not get any of the class buffs. Which really sucks and makes a big difference in things like pvp.

Transfer a character from your existing legacy over to the other server. Then create a new character on that server (or do it in reverse order, what matters is that they're both on the server at the same time). The new toon will get all of the legacy from the original server, including class buffs. Then move the existing character back. The legacy stays.

I've done this. It works.

150 was for moving internationally, so from Europe to US and vice versa

When did they ever offer this, I remember checking Swtor.com and Dulfy quite regularly for the day they would offer a discount on the regional transfers, but that never came. I remmeber them doing a second 90 CC limited transfer discount a while ago shortly after they had just enabled regional transfer, but the discount was never publicly stated for the international one, despite asking several times... and this is surprising cos if it happened earlier on, they've effectively missed out on a lot of subscription money and play time from me, not to mention the stuff I would have spent on the cartel market.

Never saw the international discount get one, but if that happens this time round, I'll be sure to take advantage.

The old price for transfers within your region was 90CC, and transfers between regions (Europe vs. North America) was 1500CC. That's what he means.

Yes it was 1500 CC, never 150 CC, which is why I couldn't move and why I stopped playing and subscribing - it was too much to move my whole legacy - as the way I played actually involved moving around and utilising a vast array of toons and i had gathered way too much stuff that would simply be lost or unable to be recovered, let alone the amount of money and CC i had spent on certain items across several toons.. So I just gave up. Their greed and refusal to do a package deal to transer legacies or offer a cross region transfer at a discount effectively lost them my subscription and since I was the only person holding the interest of several IRL friends to swtor, once I stopped playing, they stopped playing. There was also the complication of new friends, because i was on a US server, and they would role on an EU server to avoid large pings, we couldn't play together, so down went the motivation to get more friends playing as guess what, all my friends are here in the UK, and if you can't play with your friends, why would you press them into joiing you on a game you can't enjoy together?

When you say “limited time”. Are we talking a week, two weeks, one month, two months?

Can we please get some confirmation on this because some people with lots of characters will need to plan ahead to budget moving 30 characters x 90cc.

Maybe you missed this even though you quoted it:

I will let you all know on Monday if we are still on track for transfers to go live again on Tuesday and the exact timing for the sale pricing.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Yes it was 1500 CC, never 150 CC, which is why I couldn't move and why I stopped playing and subscribing - it was too much to move my whole legacy - as the way I played actually involved moving around and utilising a vast array of toons and i had gathered way too much stuff that would simply be lost or unable to be recovered, let alone the amount of money and CC i had spent on certain items across several toons.. So I just gave up. Their greed and refusal to do a package deal to transer legacies or offer a cross region transfer at a discount effectively lost them my subscription and since I was the only person holding the interest of several IRL friends to swtor, once I stopped playing, they stopped playing. There was also the complication of new friends, because i was on a US server, and they would role on an EU server to avoid large pings, we couldn't play together, so down went the motivation to get more friends playing as guess what, all my friends are here in the UK, and if you can't play with your friends, why would you press them into joiing you on a game you can't enjoy together?

They've done 150 a couple times. I think the most recent may have been for 1500, but they have definitely been at 150.

When did RP become a problem? Anyway, isn't that easy to solve? You can tag RP like you tag PVP or PVE and the computer server would just load you into an instance dedicated to RP, like it would do for PvP and pvE - that way RP people don't have to put up with non rps and vice versa, just like pvp people can enjoy pvp instances to themselves, and pvE can too despite all being on the same server.

Transfers should be reserved for people like me, who have to move region because of pings/latency or others who basically after merge had x toons on one server and y toons on another and wanted to bring them all together on one.

It's not a problem for me if RP happens. But a ton of RP folks think that they are destined to be harassed into being unable to partake in said RP... and typically threw in some "I hate Harbinger players" to boot. They also like to come here proclaiming one server the "official" RP server. I'm not sure why there is a need for any of that - you should ask them.

When you say “limited time”. Are we talking a week, two weeks, one month, two months?

Can we please get some confirmation on this because some people with lots of characters will need to plan ahead to budget moving 30 characters x 90cc.

Also, what does 90 // 150CC mean? I thought the old price was 90CC. So what’s the 150CC stand for?

Edit: someone explained the 90 // 150 CC thing,

He said he would have details about the timing on the sale pricing on Monday, and whether or not they would still be able to manage to put this in on Tuesday. It was at the end of his post that you quoted.

Yes it was 1500 CC, never 150 CC, which is why I couldn't move and why I stopped playing and subscribing - it was too much to move my whole legacy

Sorry to tell you... but you are 100% incorrect on this point.

https://vulkk.com/2016/11/24/swtor-server-transfers-are-on-sale-again/

Note: the two rates quoted (one for within region 90cc, and one for cross region 150cc) in this notice of the sales going on indefinitely beginning in November 2016.

Edited by Andryah

It's not a problem for me if RP happens. But a ton of RP folks think that they are destined to be harassed into being unable to partake in said RP... and typically threw in some "I hate Harbinger players" to boot. They also like to come here proclaiming one server the "official" RP server. I'm not sure why there is a need for any of that - you should ask them.

Well there has been (for a bit after the mergers) of people in general chat trolling telling roleplayers to leave on Star Forge so it was a problem at the beginning. I am not sure as of late as I don't make a habit of hanging out on the fleet as I have better things to do and the last time someone on the fleet told me I couldn't rp I reminded them they don't pay my sub.

While I can be polite and nice, I can also stand my ground so I am not worried about some trolls telling me what I can or can't do.

Unfortunately this person seems unwilling to accept correction on this point. They've made the same claim in at least one other thread I've seen and replies pointing out the truth don't seem to have done any good, so everyone trying to convince them the other way is probably wasting their time.

Edited by Estelindis

Well that sucks, I have 30 toons on SS, no way I am paying to move all of them to SF to be with my toons from EH, and no way in hell a I playing on harbinger 2.0 with all the idiots and trolls there.

No I am not a rper, I just like rp servers because they were adult servers with very little kids crying over pvp.:mad:

OK...what's going on there? First you announce you'll be doubling our existing UC's and now you're keeping transfer prices low for us to move? This is like, the exact opposite of everything you've done all year.......I could get use to this Eric...

If they are going "all charity" it could only mean...... the end is coming :D

https://vulkk.com/2016/11/24/swtor-server-transfers-are-on-sale-again/

Note: the two rates quoted (one for within region 90cc, and one for cross region 150cc) in this notice of the sales going on indefinitely beginning in November 2016.

I don't know how I missed that one, especially since the winter is gaming season, and last winter I was playing ... and I have been on the look out for 150 CC transfers for cross region for like ages. Dunno how it happened.

But if it's happening again, I'm going to take full advantage of it.

How do you move a legacy successfully without losing all your perks? Do you need to make sure you have no characters on the server you are going too then transfer which toon? your main one? I'd be transferring all of them.

Edited by Macetheace

I don't know how I missed that one, especially since the winter is gaming season, and last winter I was playing ... and I have been on the look out for 150 CC transfers for cross region for like ages. Dunno how it happened.

But if it's happening again, I'm going to take full advantage of it.

How do you move a legacy successfully without losing all your perks? Do you need to make sure you have no characters on the server you are going too then transfer which toon? your main one? I'd be transferring all of them.

When you transfer a character (or multiple characters), they merge your legacy progress, taking the highest achievements from each legacy and keeping the highest legacy between characters on a server and a character transferred to said server. This appears to have worked pretty well and without issue via character transfers over the last couple years.

Keep in mind... Legacy cargo does not transfer... you will have to actually pick-up all contents from legacy cargo that you wish moved in a character transfer.

Also, appearance tabs and UI perferences get cleared and do not transfer either. These did transfer in the merge though.. so maybe they have now addressed this (don't know yet since character transfers have been off line since before the merge).

Here is a couple of helpful FAQs on the topic, and keep a lookout for any updated FAQ info when they turn transfers back on since they may have addressed some prior issues with transfers:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-character-transfers/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=883288

I have a few comments on transferring legacies:

To avoid some potential confusion in the previous post, note that your saved UI layouts are still available. What is lost is your choice of which layout you're using. All of your toon's character-specific settings are reset to default values by a server transfer, including things such as groupfinder role choice(s) and custom chat colors. This is because character-specific settings are in a file that includes a server-specific code in the filename. Fortunately it's simple enough to make a copy of that file and rename the copy to indicate the new server. Instructions are here—note that instead of renaming the original file, you should make a copy and rename the copy.

Let's discuss the concept of a legacy merge. When you transfer a character from an existing server with an existing legacy to a new server, the legacy on the new server (if any) is updated to include everything that's in either legacy. The character that was moved, as well as any preexisting characters on the new server, now have the merged legacy. [NOTE: If you transfer the character but haven't already created a legacy on the new server, you may need to bring up the legacy window (type 'Y'), at which point you will be asked to name your new legacy.]

To transfer existing legacy unlocks, achievements, etc., send a character with the existing legacy to the destination server. The legacy merge will then occur. Whether or not you have any preexisting characters on the destination server is immaterial, because the legacy exists separately from your characters. The merged legacy will stay on the destination server even if you remove/delete all of the characters on that server.

Edited by ChadCloman

Well there has been (for a bit after the mergers) of people in general chat trolling telling roleplayers to leave on Star Forge so it was a problem at the beginning. I am not sure as of late as I don't make a habit of hanging out on the fleet as I have better things to do and the last time someone on the fleet told me I couldn't rp I reminded them they don't pay my sub.

While I can be polite and nice, I can also stand my ground so I am not worried about some trolls telling me what I can or can't do.

There are tons of fleet chat trolls on all servers - and if they weren't being crappy to someone about RP, it'd be politics, or them throwing out racist remarks trying to engage someone in a fight, etc. General Chat is the cesspool of the game, and I tend to ignore it entirely. It has never hindered me finding a group when I needed to, but 99% of what is said in that channel is never helpful or kind to anyone in any way.

But good for you for standing your ground, and even better not giving them any say in what you do or how you do it.

Alright folks, here are the updates as I mentioned yesterday!

• Pricing: By popular request, we are going to bring transfers back at the pre-United Forces pricing (90 // 150CC) for a limited time. After that time they will go up to their new standard pricing of 1,000CC.

I will let you all know on Monday if we are still on track for transfers to go live again on Tuesday and the exact timing for the sale pricing.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

I would give free transfers for limited time since they only going to used to fix up server mergered characters

PS: on one server my legacy has complete disappeared and reset to start a new

I guess I do not understand the urgency to get transfers back. Where are you going to move, and why?

I have a few characters on EU that I made to play with a group of friends, but they left and our group play never really materialized. For that reason, I want to move 'em to US servers. In addition to doing that, I should also end up missing only one class for legendary status :D

So has Eric confirmed yet whether transfers are going to be available tomorrow? And are things like our settings, legacy banks etc going to move with us? any new modifications to the transfer policy system?

Why would your legacy bank move with you?

Edited by Eshvara