Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Walmart PreOrders

Ruei

got mine at GameStop! Ill be playing the 20th. Wal-Mart is not a game store they don't care if you play an mmo or that you reserved it, they just want to be off work so they can sit in their lawn chairs and drink Keystone Light, imo

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JUST TO BE CLEAR:

• We do not have the option to change shipping.
  • No one else has the CE in stock.
  • We have been told MANY different things about our orders.
  • Our orders have been cancelled and uncancelled, charged, refunded and charged again.
  • Sometimes the item is in stock, sometimes it's not, sometimes it's discontinued.
  • Most of us wanted to order somewhere else but for various reasons couldn't get in in time.

Okay? It's not something we did wrong and I'd really appreciate it if fellow gamers realized this.

Alright, I'm going to think optimistically in the fact that given most of us ordered from WalMart to get the collector's edition copies. We spent more money than most of their other customers. You would HOPE that the people who forked out the extra dough would take TOP priority compared to those who just forked out $60.

My hope is that walmart really is in the dark as far as customer service goes, as to when EA is gonna really ship them the game and that it's already been sent(given the bumped up early release anything is possible right?).

Odds are EA will probably ship the game with everyone else's products on the 16th to the distributor which would in this case be walmart, and then when walmart gets it, they'll in turn ship it, which still puts us out late...

JUST TO BE CLEAR:

• We do not have the option to change shipping.
  • No one else has the CE in stock.
  • We have been told MANY different things about our orders.
  • Our orders have been cancelled and uncancelled, charged, refunded and charged again.
  • Sometimes the item is in stock, sometimes it's not, sometimes it's discontinued.
  • Most of us wanted to order somewhere else but for various reasons couldn't get in in time.

Okay? It's not something we did wrong and I'd really appreciate it if fellow gamers realized this.

To be clear. If you received a new Charge fro the CE around the 9th. Your game has shipped. They are waiting for a new shipment to come to ship the rest.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/wmswtor.jpg/

To be clear. If you received a new Charge fro the CE around the 9th. Your game has shipped. They are waiting for a new shipment to come to ship the rest.

I know I was waiting for something to happen on the 9th - now I know what and am more disappointed it has not happened yet.

Thank you for the information however, random stranger, for you have been more informative than six calls to WalMart directly. :rod_mad_p:

I know I was waiting for something to happen on the 9th - now I know what and am more disappointed it has not happened yet.

Thank you for the information however, random stranger, for you have been more informative than six calls to WalMart directly. :rod_mad_p:

I follow and stay in contact with a WM.com employee on Twitter. He has insider info and was willing to share.

According to that, even if my order was shipped, I'd still see the "processing" message with no date ( which is all I see at the moment ).

So that means it's a still a "hope they shipped it" fiasco, along with also now being unable to track the shipment because I'd never be notified of the shipment in the first place.

Last damn time Wally World gets a dime from me, either online or in their physical stores.

Bioware customer service will be hearing from me come the 20th if I am locked out of the game.

Just a heads up man, it won't do any good. I done tried that. I was p***** about my walmart CE order too. I spoke to Walmart and they said they're not "allowed" to ship til the 20th, blah blah blah, that i had to contact the supplier/company in charge. So, naturally i contacted BioWare. Most BS hour long conversation i've ever had! I spoke to an advisor and a supervisor..all i could get. The advisor knew nothing and the super fed me crap. Tried saying they have nothing to do with the shipping and know nothing about it call walmart, call walmart, call walmart. and after i *****ed for a while saying i just did, they had me call you because you're in charge of when they get shipped, he finally said in summary, it will be shipped the 20th, bottom line, deal with it. I'm just like...***? So ya, i wish you all the luck in the world when you call man.

Edited by brittni

I really would like this to be true. If it's true then today(Weds) people will be receiving their products at home. So we should know today if people start saying they've gotten their item.

I still plan to contact Wal-Mart on the phone tomorrow and will more than likely just end up having my bank do a charge back on the money so I can just buy the original digital deluxe edition. I'm not going to play for a couple days with the early access just to have to quit playing on the 20th and wait until I receive my copy on the 29th or even later, in January 2012. Makes me want to puke at the thought of it, lol.

What gets me is that I pre ordered the CE with the comforting fact that BW said there would be a grace period. I don’t live on the forums so I was very surprised to see they reneged on that.

Try blaming the ones who preordered, got their preorder key then canceled their preorder

There was nothing but frustration talking to Amazon about it until the right people in both companies talked.

Hopefully the same thing will clear up for you WalMart preorders and you'll get yours in time as well. Best wishes, guys.

Try blaming the ones who preordered, got their preorder key then canceled their preorder

Yeah no. I'm going to blame Bioware or EA because it's them who made the choice and them who can change it still. Blaming those people does no good because it's already over. Bioware could still help us out and give us the grace period back until like January 1st.

Yeah no. I'm going to blame Bioware or EA because it's them who made the choice and them who can change it still. Blaming those people does no good because it's already over. Bioware could still help us out and give us the grace period back until like January 1st.

^^^ Pretty much this.

Or at the very least they can minimize the time it takes to get shipments to WalMart and then from WalMart to us... It's much easier for them to coordinate to fix this in whatever manner is deemed fit than it is for us to complain a lot and accomplish nothing.

All we wanted to do was support the development of a game we wished to play. Why are we being punished for it?

Or at the very least they can minimize the time it takes to get shipments to WalMart and then from WalMart to us... It's much easier for them to coordinate to fix this in whatever manner is deemed fit than it is for us to complain a lot and accomplish nothing.

All we wanted to do was support the development of a game we wished to play. Why are we being punished for it?

I totally agree! That's what i told Bioware too. I mean seriously, the ones that spent the most money on the game are the ones that get screwed out of playing with everyone else. How does this make any sense?

You will be lucky if you can cancel. Not sure which thread I read it in, but I read someone else tried to cancel their Walmart pre-order. And Walmart wouldn't let them cancel, because of it being in processing.

This is true, BUT..I have several friends and family members that emailed Wal-mart requesting their online account be closed and deleted. That seems to work. I would cancel with Wal-mart by closing your account if you are looking to cancel your order, since they give you no other option. Best bet will be to go to Wal-mart and/or gamestop/target/best buy on the 20th and pick one up, they will have plenty with people cancelling...

Roommate works at Walmart as a stockboy. He said the other day that they had received a bunch of boxes with SW:TOR in them. I can't say it for a 100% fact, because he may be mistaken, or just spewing BS, but I'd bet a large number of the stores already have the items. They just aren't allowed to tell you they have it in stock until the actual release date.

I know when I worked at GameStop during highschool that we would get big title releases days ahead of time, but were not permitted under any circumstances to tell people that we had them until the scheduled release date due to licensing restrictions.

Got this from Walmart.com site:

"When You Will Be Charged

Payment by credit, ATM, debit or check card:

The payment amount is authorized and held by your financial institution at the time you place your order. Your account is actually charged when your order ships."

I hope that policy is not subject to change like the grace period because I got charged yesterday and I was hoping to get it in time or at least before the 24th :confused:

Got this from Walmart.com site:

"When You Will Be Charged

Payment by credit, ATM, debit or check card:

The payment amount is authorized and held by your financial institution at the time you place your order. Your account is actually charged when your order ships."

I hope that policy is not subject to change like the grace period because I got charged yesterday and I was hoping to get it in time or at least before the 24th :confused:

same I was charged and it still doesn't show as shipped yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.