Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Walmart PreOrders

Ruei

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All charges to our cc are actually just a hold. The actual charge will go through when they ship the game. You will then get an email with your tracking number. No walmart CE orders have shipped yet. Nor will they until 12/20/2011 unless BW/EA and walmart fix this issue.

Was charged 12/9 hit bank on the 10 and is still there, it would have fllen off by now

Just off the phone with Walmart and was informed that my CE was indeed cancelled after holding my breath for a few weeks with the "status update" bug. I was also informed that they, and other retailers namely Amazon and Best Buy, had to cancel a lot of orders because they were told the wrong amount of product they were going to get. So someone, EA, BioWare, their distributors, told retailers you will get X number of product, then called back the other day and said: ya we were wrong and that number is a lot smaller. Any chance that BioWare could be the bigger company here and offer some kind of compensation (CE store access would amazing) for those that had CE cancelled on them if we forward you the email or something?

Just off the phone with Walmart and was informed that my CE was indeed cancelled after holding my breath for a few weeks with the "status update" bug. I was also informed that they, and other retailers namely Amazon and Best Buy, had to cancel a lot of orders because they were told the wrong amount of product they were going to get. So someone, EA, BioWare, their distributors, told retailers you will get X number of product, then called back the other day and said: ya we were wrong and that number is a lot smaller. Any chance that BioWare could be the bigger company here and offer some kind of compensation (CE store access would amazing) for those that had CE cancelled on them if we forward you the email or something?

Why would they make more CE Pre-Order codes than actual CE's? Shouldn't they just have one CE code per CE?

Edited by LycanXIII

Just talked with a supervisor at Walmart and she personally has talked with BioWare and said that the current status is Walmart will not be receiving any CE boxes for their 40,000+ orders. How does that even happen?

Just talked with a supervisor at Walmart and she personally has talked with BioWare and said that the current status is Walmart will not be receiving any CE boxes for their 40,000+ orders. How does that even happen?

What?

This has to be the most jacked up, stupid, insane product launch Walmart has ever done. They should be ashamed and I will never order with them again.

That said, I still want my CE that I was ordered and was promised....and I want it on or before 12/20.

Okay so I just got of the phone with Chris S. from EA concerning Collectors Edition pre-orders, etc...

Here's the breakdown:

• All retailers should have their copies by the 15th and be shipping "expeditiously"
  • All people who registered their CE PreOrder codes with SWTOR are in the EA system
  • THEREFORE All people who pre ordered the CE SHOULD GET IT, according to EA's system

So it looks like EA has actually been in touch with their retailers (he specifically mentioned GameStop as already having theirs and Best Buy with WalMart, etc...) and that as far as EA is concerned, they had the stock and if you got a CE preorder code, you have a CE waiting for you that should be with the retailer on the 15th AND SHIPPED AFTER IT ARRIVES.

Here's hoping that's all true.

Email I received today.

We are writing to inform you that due to a system error, your order was showing as a "partial cancel." However, your items are still expected to ship and your account has been updated. We apologize for any inconvenience regarding this issue. We strive to deliver the best experience possible and appreciate your understanding that certain conditions sometimes prevent that from happening. If you have additional questions regarding this issue, please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-966-6546. We?re available to assist you from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM CDT, Monday through Friday and 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM CDT, Saturday and Sunday. Sincerely,Walmart.com Customer Care

Okay so I just got of the phone with Chris S. from EA concerning Collectors Edition pre-orders, etc...

Here's the breakdown:

• All retailers should have their copies by the 15th and be shipping "expeditiously"
  • All people who registered their CE PreOrder codes with SWTOR are in the EA system
  • THEREFORE All people who pre ordered the CE SHOULD GET IT, according to EA's system

So it looks like EA has actually been in touch with their retailers (he specifically mentioned GameStop as already having theirs and Best Buy with WalMart, etc...) and that as far as EA is concerned, they had the stock and if you got a CE preorder code, you have a CE waiting for you that should be with the retailer on the 15th AND SHIPPED AFTER IT ARRIVES.

Thanks for giving me more hope than anyone at BioWare or Walmart has been able to give me.

Here's the breakdown:

We'll know tomorrow I guess.

Here's the breakdown:

What about people, like me, who pre-ordered digital then canceled it for a CE after imputing the early access code? I couldn't change my code or use my new one.

I just hope this all settles down and something good comes of all this mess, and I dont get that bleeding ulcer I have been courting.

I just want it to ship please. I could be on here crying and whining about I WANT MY BOOOOOXXXXX. But no I patiently wait. Just ship it wal mart. I will never not pre-order another game on day one ever.

I will always pre-order in a local store and amazon for a big CE. I learned my lesson.

What about people, like me, who pre-ordered digital then canceled it for a CE after imputing the early access code? I couldn't change my code or use my new one.

I'm crossing my fingers for you. When I had to re-order my CE from Walmart I got a new Early Access Code so I registered another account and activated that code just incase something like what you describe above happened :(

Why would they make more CE Pre-Order codes than actualy CE's? Shouldn't they just have one CE code per CE?

As a software engineer (for a very long time) it makes sense there would be a 1:1 match. Further, my EGA code IS a CE EGA code. Bioware knows I ordered a CE.

I didn't order from Wal Mart last night because the order page said they were going to MAIL me a pre order code and mail me the game on the 20th. Everyone in the world knows that's a bad business transaction so I broke down and ordered from Origin. I hope Wal Mart comes through for everyone, but their employees are very misinformed and who knows if that's just their superiors failing them or a lack of care for video games in general.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.