Late to the Party....AGAIN

SolarSaenz

Last night, I logged in to the game for the first time since the server merges were complete.

When the U.S servers came online after the merge, it was like midnight or very very late at night. The day/night of server merges, around 10PM local time, I decided to just forget about trying to login to the game and went to sleep. So, yesterday afternoon/evening was the first time I logged in.

Everything was just fine with all my characters and legacies after the merge. Nothing was missing, thankfully, though I do understand some people are missing some stuff. I didn't lose any names. No character was stuck. I was a little concerned since I left most of my characters in their strongholds.

I realize this was likely a big undertaking, so thank you SWTOR team for pulling the server merges off with not too much problems, aside from the extended downtime and that some people are missing some stuff from their legacy storage.

I don't want to belittle the missing stuff problem; I also think things COULD have gone a lot worse.

My ping went up a little. I went from about 20ish something to about 40ish something. I know that's nothing to complain about especially when some people, like this in the APAC region, have a ping north of 200. And, I'm not complaining; I was just making an observation. I was able to complete 3 WZs (to get the DarthHexid achievement) with no lag problems.

Good job to BW/EA on the server merges. I know some people have some problems, but I'm sure they will work to resolve those in time.

I'm not saying by any stretch of the imagination that BW/EA can do no wrong or that I've forgotten about their past mistakes. But, for the server merge specifically, I think they did a good job.

I *hope* this means now that the server merges are complete, the SWTOR team can give this game at least a little bit more love, but my hopes aren't set high.

We'll have to wait and see what comes

I hope too that they would put more of their attention to this game, considering that Star Wars in general is doing really well (especially after the announcement for new film-trilogy and tv-series coming in 2019). The sad part is though that they are understaffed and more focused on putting more effort to other games. Which in a way is understandable since those games are/will be new, but that doesn't exlude SWTOR from there. Edited by Rebamcfan

100% more CM content, 0% in game content is what's coming mostly

Well, Charles tweeted in late October that he was back again in Los Angeles to do more voice recording. So, we at least are getting cut scenes!

I actually think that now the coup d'etat to remove Ben is complete there are bright days ahead. Not ESO or WoW kind of bright in terms of content -- but at least a positive turnaround.

Dasty

P.S. Solar, as a fashion queen, I can tell you that it is always wise to arrive a little late to the party--fashionably late, of course -- I trust your entrance was grand.

Edited by Jdast

Let's hope!!! New CM sales always bring back players and attract new ones...:rolleyes:

That's the main problem. You makes this sound good, but it is really not. New players should be attracted not by CM sales, but adding new content to the game itself. SWTOR lacks high-lvl PvE content so much. When other MMOs give you 2-3 raids (dungeons) per year, Bioware released only this story mode and pretty much that's it. New raid on Iokath cant be called a raid right now. CM is sooo over-weighted right now with reskins and visual stuff that could be awarded via in-game rewards. And instead of getting new quality pve and pvp content they just re-release a pack. Great job.

That's the main problem. You makes this sound good, but it is really not. New players should be attracted not by CM sales, but adding new content to the game itself. SWTOR lacks high-lvl PvE content so much. When other MMOs give you 2-3 raids (dungeons) per year, Bioware released only this story mode and pretty much that's it. New raid on Iokath cant be called a raid right now. CM is sooo over-weighted right now with reskins and visual stuff that could be awarded via in-game rewards. And instead of getting new quality pve and pvp content they just re-release a pack. Great job.

My reply was 110% sarcasm...I agree with you entirely.

100% more CM content, 0% in game content is what's coming mostly

To be honest, I don't mind CM stuff that much.

NO, WAIT! PLEASE PUT AWAY THE TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!!!

If real content takes front and center stage, having some cosmetic items released along side or in the background of the new content is fine with me.

But, what I, and I hope everyone else, do not want is to (continue) to see the CM take priority over real content.

I don't mind CM direct item sales, such as buying armor sets. I just bought one armor set that I thought looked pretty good. Mind you that I used CC obtained through the monthly allowance instead of buying them directly.

I just don't want to (continue) see RNG CM packs take the spotlight of SWTOR development attention.

I hope too that they would put more of their attention to this game, considering that Star Wars in general is doing really well (especially after the announcement for new film-trilogy and tv-series coming in 2019). The sad part is though that they are understaffed and more focused on putting more effort to other games. Which in a way is understandable since those games are/will be new, but that doesn't exlude SWTOR from there.

Doing generally really well and yet forced to merge servers is a contradiction.

EA has fought merging servers because it means one thing and it is clear as your head on your shoulder.

Though generally doing well maybe your head isnt clear. I knoiw Mine isnt anymore and never will be.

But If we have the millions playing as some think we do there would be NO way EA would fund new servers to horde so many people into a few servers. Those servers are costly that hold a 100,000 and more.

EVEs one massive server is not cheap and they are still growing after all these years...Well when you put money into something you make it better and bigger. They have changed their engine twice to keep up with the times.

Yeah in huge battles it looks like a data sheet...but you can go into a ship and fight that way just harder to see the big picture.

WE are not dead but we are not doing so well either The game is very sick and there is only one cure and that wont happen. EA is the sickness of most games it touches and WE ALL KNOW THAT..

But if we have MILLIONS and MILLIONS of players then watch this short video and watch Ewok dudes reaction as he laughs announcing swtor and the very scared face of James even saying what he is...

Len...

"Her last act of love was to take my anger rage and hate to save me from myself"

My words of my wifes last act of love before she died on Jan 20 2017

I have no more anger or hate or rage...since that date...It disappeared instantly

Doing generally really well and yet forced to merge servers is a contradiction.

EA has fought merging servers because it means one thing and it is clear as your head on your shoulder.

Though generally doing well maybe your head isnt clear. I knoiw Mine isnt anymore and never will be.

But If we have the millions playing as some think we do there would be NO way EA would fund new servers to horde so many people into a few servers. Those servers are costly that hold a 100,000 and more.

EVEs one massive server is not cheap and they are still growing after all these years...Well when you put money into something you make it better and bigger. They have changed their engine twice to keep up with the times.

Yeah in huge battles it looks like a data sheet...but you can go into a ship and fight that way just harder to see the big picture.

WE are not dead but we are not doing so well either The game is very sick and there is only one cure and that wont happen. EA is the sickness of most games it touches and WE ALL KNOW THAT..

But if we have MILLIONS and MILLIONS of players then watch this short video and watch Ewok dudes reaction as he laughs announcing swtor and the very scared face of James even saying what he is...

Len...

"Her last act of love was to take my anger rage and hate to save me from myself"

My words of my wifes last act of love before she died on Jan 20 2017

I have no more anger or hate or rage...since that date...It disappeared instantly

That's a gloomy outlook, but I have reached a similar conclusion about this game.

It's not a fun fact, but it is what it is.

As you alluded to, we didn't get server merges because there is an overabundance of players.

I fear SWTOR's tombstone will read "Best Expansion to date".

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/992/401/e37.png