Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I have come to GLOAT!

Zidovain

Credits are becoming legacy bound? What's this about? :confused:

"A cool change we are delivering with A Traitor Among the Chiss is the ability to add Credits to your Legacy Bank. You will retain the ability to have credits on your character, so this will work very similarly to how you use your Guild Bank, but it’s for all your Legacy characters."

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002-0

Edited by cyrusramsey

"A cool change we are delivering with A Traitor Among the Chiss is the ability to add Credits to your Legacy Bank. You will retain the ability to have credits on your character, so this will work very similarly to how you use your Guild Bank, but it’s for all your Legacy characters."

It remains to be seen how that will be implemented, however.

I would expect that it will require a character to visit a legacy bank to deposit credits, but will it require a character to visit a legacy bank to withdraw credits? Will characters be able to spend "directly" from the legacy bank?

How will the legacy bank be implemented with regards to preferred and F2P and their respective credits caps?

What will happen if a subscriber drops to preferred? What happens to any credits they may have had in their legacy bank?

We shall have to wait and see exactly how it is implemented.

Derp, completely glossed over that with everything else. Neato.

Hahahahaha I love this post. Great job OP.

Remember when everyone said you shouldn't be able to respec?

Remember when you couldn't sprint until level 16?

Remember when you couldn't ride a speeder until level 25?

Remember when they said SWTOR would never be F2P?

Remember when they said SWTOR would never have micro-transactions?

Remember when you had "encumbrance" and couldn't equip an entire set of armor?

Remember when you couldn't call your pet inside of a city?

etc. etc. etc.

etc. etc. etc.

The pleasure is mine. I share your cruel amusement. :csw_deathstar_un:

It remains to be seen how that will be implemented, however.

I would expect that it will require a character to visit a legacy bank to deposit credits, but will it require a character to visit a legacy bank to withdraw credits? Will characters be able to spend "directly" from the legacy bank?

How will the legacy bank be implemented with regards to preferred and F2P and their respective credits caps?

What will happen if a subscriber drops to preferred? What happens to any credits they may have had in their legacy bank?

We shall have to wait and see exactly how it is implemented.

The guild bank which has this feature allows for repairs if the GM deigns to grant permission, and allows some the ability to "G-Summon". Possibly this will allow all toons in a legacy to repair and use their ship to travel between planets?

The guild bank which has this feature allows for repairs if the GM deigns to grant permission, and allows some the ability to "G-Summon". Possibly this will allow all toons in a legacy to repair and use their ship to travel between planets?

That is a possibility, but again, it remains to be seen exactly how it is implemented.

My advice is to expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised, rather than expect the world and be disappointed.

I fully expect that, starting tomorrow, we will have numerous threads crying and whining about how "legacy credits" were implemented, though.

To everyone who said this CANNOT be done or this WILL NOT happen, I'll rub it on all your faces! --

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=926064

:rod_tongue_p:

Yes, I have to agree. Gloat away :D

Here is an example of the responses this OP received when they made a thread about making credits legacy bound

the credit thing can't be done because of the f2P/preferred players money cap.

do a little more research before posting please.

So, the OP should gloat after being rudely attacked for a sensible idea.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• 2 weeks later...
Not much to gloat about, people have wanted legacy credits since launch....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=320580&highlight=legacy+credits

You just made my point. The older the idea is simply implies that players have thought of it as a sound idea that should have been applied.

Rather late than never, and that validates it, I still have come to gloat!

What are you gloating about? Having the same idea that people have had since launch? That'd be like gloating that you thought of putting 2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions on a sesame seed bun and suggested to MacDonalds that they should call it a Big Mac within the last 4 months. :rolleyes: Edited by PorsaLindahl

What are you gloating about? Having the same idea that people have had since launch? That'd be like gloating that you thought of putting 2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions on a sesame seed bun and suggested to MacDonalds that they should call it a Big Mac within the last 4 months. :rolleyes:

Yeah cause we didn't ask for this right from when the game launched or when legacy banks were introduced.

You ain't got no gloating rights....you're over 5 years too late for that.

Please. Ignorance truly is bliss! I've come to gloat because what they said WILL not happen or CAN not happen, WILL happen (thanks SWToR devs, can't wait for the update). And I've come to gloat even more seeing that common sense is no longer common. I wouldn't waste another moment to point out the obvious. Sadly even that, players like you two cannot even see.

Your succeeding posts will be ignored. Unless constructive or even close to meaningful.

I support your gloating, given the type of responses this place is capable of generating.

There's still more to go in tearing down elitism, but this is a huge step.

Many thanks. I shall savor every bit of it. Furthermore, I totally agree with your statement. A good example of such are the next two posts made below yours.

Please. Ignorance truly is bliss! I've come to gloat because what they said WILL not happen or CAN not happen, WILL happen (thanks SWToR devs, can't wait for the update). And I've come to gloat even more seeing that common sense is no longer common. I wouldn't waste another moment to point out the obvious. Sadly even that, players like you two cannot even see.

Your succeeding posts will be ignored. Unless constructive or even close to meaningful.

Many thanks. I shall savor every bit of it. Furthermore, I totally agree with your statement. A good example of such are the next two posts made below yours.

So a few people told you "no" erroneously. It still doesn't change the fact that the part of your request that's being implemented is something that has been asked for a dozen times since launch.

And just because your post just happens to be the "freshest" one when the announcement came out, doesn't mean your request had any sway in the decision to put credit storage in the legacy bank. In order for them to release that with the next patch, they've had to have been working on it for months before your post.

If you want to gloat to those that told you no, go back to your original post and gloat in there. Don't create a new thread. That's just trolling.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

etc. etc. etc.

Relics from a LESS civilized age.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.