The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

i would like to report an error on the cartel market !

banimoka

- today i felt like using a different dye for my armor and i went to the cartel market to buy a dye for 150 cartel coins

BUT

- the Dye costs 1500 cartel coins instead of 150 cartel coins

- i think someone might have added a forth " 0 " by mistake , if u could correct the price i would be ever so gratefull

Edited by banimoka

- all dye modules should be maximum 150 cartel coins , they are in the end consumed on use

You're going to lose that argument. The high price (1500 *is* the intended price) of the Black/Black dye is a form of (artificial) economic rationing - they are expensive in an effort to keep them rare. The same applies to White/White (although to a lesser extent) and to Black/White and White/Black to an extent that is lesser still.

If you get cantina crates on new characters, you will find that you sometimes open them and get bound black/black dyes (over the years I've had three of them at two tries per character, giving a drop rate on the order of 2-3%, maybe a bit more). So if you have an outfit scheme in mind for a new character, persist with "create, go to open mails, open cantina crates" until one of them drops the black/black module you want.

And Black/Black dyes will sometimes drop from other sources:

* Cartel market random dye packs.

* Grand Chance Cubes.

• 5 months later...
hi , just wanted to say that the error is still present ,

- one of the cartel market dyes costs 1500 cc , while the rest cost 150 cc

- can u please fix ?

Priced as intended. And no, none of the rest are 150cc. The Grand Dye pack is 150, while the direct sale dyes are 165, 240, 600, 1000, and 1500.

@SamuraiYann, he's talking about Black/Black dye.

Edited by beattlebilly

hi , just wanted to say that the error is still present ,

- one of the cartel market dyes costs 1500 cc , while the rest cost 150 cc

- can u please fix ?

Black/Black's price *IS* 1500. If it is some "coloured" dye module, then tell us which one it is. White/White is normally 1000, I think, and Black/White and White/Black are normally 750.

Priced as intended. And no, not all the rest are 150cc. The Grand Dye pack is 150, while the dyes are 165, 240, 600, 1000, and 1500.

It would be more accurate to say that NONE of the rest are 150cc.

The Grand Dye pack is 150, while the direct sale dyes are 165, 240, 600, 1000, and 1500.

- there is a big difference between 165 and 1500 , clearly someone added an extra "0" at the end by mistake

Priced as intended.

- there is no justification for selling a Dye Module at the price of 1500cc

- you simply cannot sell a color for 1500cc , not even if u write " EA " on your forehead .... oups :D , roasted you a little there:rak_04:

Edited by banimoka

- there is a big difference between 165 and 1500 , clearly someone added an extra "0" at the end by mistake

No, on purpose. And of course there's a big difference between 165 and 1500. Have you never heard of the idea of "economic rationing", of making something behave as if it is scarce by the simple expedient of making the price high?

- you simply cannot sell a color for 1500cc , not even if u write " EA " on your forehead .... oups :D , roasted you a little there:rak_04:

Clearly they *can* sell Black/Black at that price(1). I would agree that Medium Pink/Light Gray is unlikely to sell at 1500, or, indeed, at almost any price, but Black/Black is in high demand from the people who don't get that often Black/Deep Red and Black/Dark Purple look better, and who want to be all edgy and black-clad.

There's a separate argument about whether they *should* lower the price, but it is clearly unnecessary in their view. If you don't like the price, don't pay it.

(1) If nobody bought it at that price, they would reduce the price. They haven't, at least not permanently, so people *do* pay that much.

• 2 weeks later...

Why are some weapons, armor sets, mounts, more expensive than others? The black/black dye is a platinum CM item. It's cost is higher than a bronze, silver, or gold CM item of the same type.

FYI, those dye module are good sellers at that price.