balance between melee and range dds is an joke

Uebli

Hello, i play an marauder in pvp , wich dosent make fun anymore. In most games i played before the melee classes had heavy armor and good defense because they jump into enemies , and the range dds has middle or light armor because they has the advantage of range attack.

In this game its totaly different !! heavy arnor by commandos / mercs , they also can heal them self with heavy cds and skills. i played an merc with 242 gear ... he heals up to 16000 with an skill ....as DD !! Energy shield heals him up completly too. In the endresult the commando makes 3 mio dmg and 900.000 healing points. What is this .... an damage healer ;-)

Sniper is nearly not killable in 1 on 1 from melee, has healing from shield too, absorbs 60% dmg, switch places with skills, kicks you away .

Last i had games where 5 range DDs on one side and 6 range DDs on other side ...they build 2 frontlines and as melee you have only the choice to jump into them and die or throw sometimes the saber ;-) ....

so melee classes are useless in this game , dont know wht juggs thinks about that point !?

Edited by Uebli

The game has been skewed very much to ranged since at least 5.0, especially given that aside from arenas and hutball, the objective for each WZ is having to cap something which means you're forced into one place while trying to get said cap if on offense, or even worse for melee classes, when you're on defense, you forced to be close to the thing you must defend, and you're a sitting duck for the ranged.

It's very frustrating trying to take down these ranged classes, obviously some are tougher than others, but in general, not a pleasant experience in PvP these days.

Ummm... Why do you think there are only about 200 ppl left who play.... the Merc face tanking and the spam slows killed this game. For all the smoke and mirrors they still did nothing to fix... by the time 11/28 gets here for the utility changes the population will be down another 50%. Good plan to wait until 5-6 highly anticipated games come out then plan some fixes 30 days later.... Strateegery Edited by Glocko

I would disagree, Melee players have all sorts of gap closers now plus they have major burst damage which range doesn't have. As a 248 Sniper I've been shredded by Marauders due to their Defensive CD's and their OP burst damage... now once their defensive skills go on CD then yeah there fairly easy to kill but the same can be said with Snipers, once their shields and evade goes on CD they're easy targets also.... Now if Marauders use that exploit to reset their CD timers then they can kill anyone they want easily...

The only advantage snipers have is if they're ignored they can do a ton of damage but as far as staying alive melee have just as many Defensive abilities as the sniper does and with all the gap closers they have, being range has no advantage anymore... The one that has to many defensive abilities are Juggernauts, if everything is off CD, they can stay alive for a good 20 seconds + and that's with people focus targeting them... If their also skank tank they can do major damage to....

Edited by Monoth

I would disagree, Melee players have all sorts of gap closers now plus they have major burst damage which range doesn't have. As a 248 Sniper I've been shredded by Marauders due to their Defensive CD's and their OP burst damage... now once their defensive skills go on CD then yeah there fairly easy to kill but the same can be said with Snipers, once their shields and evade goes on CD they're easy targets also.... Now if Marauders use that exploit to reset their CD timers then they can kill anyone they want easily...

The only advantage snipers have is if they're ignored they can do a ton of damage but as far as staying alive melee have just as many Defensive abilities as the sniper does and with all the gap closers they have, being range has no advantage anymore... The one that has to many defensive abilities are Juggernauts, if everything is off CD, they can stay alive for a good 20 seconds + and that's with people focus targeting them... If their also skank tank they can do major damage to....

lol.. JUGG to much defense.... poor snipers they are in such a bad place compared to Juggs... Either you're not very bright or you stopped playing around 2012-2013

Yeah all 2 gap closers, and all 1 stun.

Meanwhile ranged have 1/2 knockback(s), 1 stun, 3 slows plus 1-2 roots.

Keep in mind a root is effectivly a stun in a melee vs ranged situation. So are the 80% slows.

If you think there is a balance between ranged and melee you are sorly mistaken.

Yeah all 2 gap closers, and all 1 stun.

Meanwhile ranged have 1/2 knockback(s), 1 stun, 3 slows plus 1-2 roots.

Keep in mind a root is effectivly a stun in a melee vs ranged situation. So are the 80% slows.

If you think there is a balance between ranged and melee you are sorly mistaken.

flat out ********...

infi shadow has 3 stuns.... guardians sents and vanguards have 2..concentration and focus have like 3 gap closers.. concentration has the best burst combined with stun immunity.. keep in mind roots dont mean anything nowadays as there are like 50 utility points which counter them...

sometimes i believe all the players just want to hit the 1 button....

learn what your skills actually do ...

As far as marksman snipers goes, there easy to defeat, the only big attack they have is Ambush which has a long cast time, you can easily interrupt it, if they're entrenched you have plenty of time to hit a defensive ability and absorb the hit or even use your gap closers to run away and line of sight or get out of range, you can also go invisible. Their Ambush then goes on a pretty long CD timer.

The only time a Sniper can kill a marauder 1 on 1 is if the marauder player just sucks or has really bad gear. A lot of crappy marauder players try to face tank a sniper....

Now a Sniper Engineer is annoying with their flame attack which does damage and brings you to a crawl, but one can also argue that an operative or marauder who's running around at Mach 10 is also annoying.

Edited by Monoth

As far as marksman snipers goes, there easy to defeat, the only big attack they have is Ambush which has a long cast time, you can easily interrupt it, if they're entrenched you have plenty of time to hit a defensive ability and absorb the hit or even use your gap closers to run away and line of sight or get out of range, you can also go invisible. Their Ambush then goes on a pretty long CD timer.

The only time a Sniper can kill a marauder 1 on 1 is if the marauder player just sucks or has really bad gear. A lot of crappy marauder players try to face tank a sniper....

Now a Sniper Engineer is annoying with their flame attack which does damage and brings you to a crawl, but one can also argue that an operative or marauder who's running around at Mach 10 is also annoying.

Lol :rak_03:

Just a lil observation of all mmo's i have played over the past 35+ years. DEvs will always end giving the advantage to ranged/casters over tanks. reason...they want more players so the lowest common denominator wins..the lil abused fat kid in his moms basement want the IWIN button.

I wouldnt say its that impossible. Sure if the rdps has skill its a hard one. However playing a Sentinel skillfully you always have a chance to win a 1vs1, its just not about direct attacks, there are cases where you really need to run away to get out of combat to heal up etc.

I haven't played a sentinel, but as a vigi guardian i certainly have issues killing a sniper 1 on 1. They have at least as many get out of dodge abilities as I do get in range abilities, and can nullify my best one (My leap).

Mercs can just face tank my vigi guardian and heal to full 2 times over while I'm wondering what happened to my focused defense.

But hey they're both eating a nerf hammer to defensives in 5.6 so we'll see how it goes now.

Just a lil observation of all mmo's i have played over the past 35+ years. DEvs will always end giving the advantage to ranged/casters over tanks. reason...they want more players so the lowest common denominator wins..the lil abused fat kid in his moms basement want the IWIN button.

Like you ive played every major MMO in the last 20 years so, and there is no class in this or virtually any other game that is sufficiently hard enough that any kid or adult in any basement couldn't play it.

Playing it well has always been about the person behind the keyboard far more than the class itself or ranged versus melee.

To blame the so-called "lowest common denominator" is self serving nonsense. Especially in a game where everyone wants to be Luke or Vader.

I haven't played a sentinel, but as a vigi guardian i certainly have issues killing a sniper 1 on 1. They have at least as many get out of dodge abilities as I do get in range abilities, and can nullify my best one (My leap).

Mercs can just face tank my vigi guardian and heal to full 2 times over while I'm wondering what happened to my focused defense.

But hey they're both eating a nerf hammer to defensives in 5.6 so we'll see how it goes now.

Prediction: The Merc utility nerf won' t make anywhere near enough of a difference so Juggs/Guardians can 1v1 them with ease.

Hello, i play an marauder in pvp , wich dosent make fun anymore. In most games i played before the melee classes had heavy armor and good defense because they jump into enemies , and the range dds has middle or light armor because they has the advantage of range attack.

In this game its totaly different !! heavy arnor by commandos / mercs , they also can heal them self with heavy cds and skills. i played an merc with 242 gear ... he heals up to 16000 with an skill ....as DD !! Energy shield heals him up completly too. In the endresult the commando makes 3 mio dmg and 900.000 healing points. What is this .... an damage healer ;-)

Sniper is nearly not killable in 1 on 1 from melee, has healing from shield too, absorbs 60% dmg, switch places with skills, kicks you away .

Last i had games where 5 range DDs on one side and 6 range DDs on other side ...they build 2 frontlines and as melee you have only the choice to jump into them and die or throw sometimes the saber ;-) ....

so melee classes are useless in this game , dont know wht juggs thinks about that point !?

Agreed. Ranged cooldowns are far too strong. As a carnage marauder I need to stack 3 rootbreaks just to get close to a sniper or merc. On the small chance we get close, their defensives, shields, and heals still topple us. I like to think if myself as a pretty capable player who has played both sides to this conflict. Ranged is far superior right now :(

I know right. I mean every WZ I see sorcs and sages just tearing those poor melee to pieces. A sorc just looks at a jugg he bursts into flames and falls over dead. Just does not seem fair. Saw a sage attack a mara and I believe he was killed so fast that his account was even deleted. Fear the range for they are coming for you. Or maybe it is just mercs and snipers because in none of the replies do I see sorc sage even mentioned.

Nerf sorc and sage in ranked, they are just killing it there.

Every time I read a thread like this I think to myself "Does the OP not know about gap closers and stuns?"

Please tell me how badly mercs are suffering at the hands of PT and guardian dps. As for the upcoming changes to guardian defensives, vigi seems to probably be more or less the same, focus gets a buff to where vigi is. So yeah still squishy. I don't play VG dps (My VG is only useful as a pve tank), but based on wz they are possibly even more squishy. Meanwhile the non-tank capable range class can laugh off their damage while repeatedly healing himself to full

Snipers are possibly even worse since they mitigate my leap with cover and have a relatively short cool down that makes them immune to stuns. And by the way since they largely don't appear to need to run around without cover, my slows and roots are also practically useless.

Snipers are possibly even worse since they mitigate my leap with cover and have a relatively short cool down that makes them immune to stuns. And by the way since they largely don't appear to need to run around without cover, my slows and roots are also practically useless.

Snipers can go down pretty quickly. Just make one and read all utilities - you don't even have to play it, but understanding is first step. There are soooo many people who try to stun snipers when their big shield is up (not going to work). 4 - 5 people fighting inside the ballistic shield, trying to kill the healer who is in it, not realizing that for each enemy inside the shield sniper gains more health over time.

As for slow - that usually doesn't help, but not because "they just hide behind their shield" - they need to constantly reapply their cover for a fresh 3 stacks of ballistic dampeners (or what's it called). And usually people LOS you. Nope, it doesn't work because there is an utility that is usually a "must have" that makes you run faster when entrench (big shield) is up. That you need to dodge the "anticover and antiroll" grenade from other snipers.

I won't argue that snipers are pretty awesome. And if one team has 4 halfway decent ones they have a huge advantage usually. But most of the whole OP talk comes not from that, because 4 times mara are also really bad since the buff allows your team to kill everything in seconds (and with 4 maras you can do that pretty much all the time). Nope the OP talk comes from people who don't undestand how the class, they're up against, works :p

Mercs... I never played one - never will, don't like the class so no opinion on that one besides yeah they feel op but why, can't say. dunno how they work. So I won't complain (but the fact that so many people reroll for it, seems to be a good indicator that something is too good about them) :p