Devs - what were you thinking.

Squirlphinn

Devs,

My subscription started on January 5, 2012. Not a single month went by without my payment (two accounts - one for my son, one for me) making its way into your bank account. Over these years, my personal financial support of this venture has exceeded $2000. My account was hacked one time in these five plus years, and you responded quickly and efficiently. I live in Arizona.

Yesterday, with no warning, you removed the hardware on the west coast of the United States. My game play experience, with a 1Gbps connection, went from 30ms to 80ms. When I played the one Warzone I could stand last evening, it was as if my character was swimming through water to get to, and hit, the opposition. This experience is not what I pay, and have paid, to attain.

Please, point me to the announcement, prior to yesterday on the Dev Tracker, which outlined the concept of all servers being located in a new physical location. Now, please explain to me why you made no attempt to ensure subscribers knew this change was happening. As a long time, uninterrupted, financial supporter of this service, I do feel entitled to an answer. I have been monitoring the Dev Tracker since yesterday afternoon, and have expected a reasonable response every time I refresh the screen. To no avail.

Please tell us what you were thinking, in an honest and straight forward way.

Thank you,

And yet, you can. :D

I have been playing PVP since my subscription started. When my delay reaches near 100ms, I know I am destined for a disconnect. Other personal experiences may vary. Thank you, though, for your input.

Edited by Squirlphinn

Could you maybe try and find some patience? The server merges are a complex process. Issues will happen and they will be fixed.

This knee jerk outrage is really starting to get on my nerves.

Also you really can't tell a 50ms difference in a game with a GCD. What you were describing sounded more like straight up packet loss to me.

I'm sure they were thinking,"it's less expensive to house all the servers in one location on the East Coast." And it's as simple as that.

I live in LA and my ms is about 80ish and I honestly cannot tell the difference. But then again, all my toons have always been on EC servers. Some of you are making it sound like your ms is like 100k or something. It's not that bad.

Placebo effect, you cannot tell the difference from 30ms to 80ms, it's impossible. nice try :D

80 is what you get standing still on fleet sending a tiny test packet.

Join a WZ and get a bunch of people in one spot where some real data is being passed and it degrades to unplayable.

80 is what you get standing still on fleet sending a tiny test packet.

Join a WZ and get a bunch of people in one spot where some real data is being passed and it degrades to unplayable.

Like I said, I've been playing on EC servers for years. The only time I notice any lag is when my latency gets up to over 100. Then it's an issue. But at 80ish ms I'm fine. And that's doing FPs and WZs.

If 80ms is honestly unplayable for you then you either live in Oceania or have a really old PC.