Return all quest givers, bread crumbs, and turn-in cutscenes removed in 4.0

davegl

It seems to me that what most people would want from a new expansion, in an ideal world, is a continuation of the base game (class stories etc), but the resources arent available to do that. So why have resources been wasted cutting stuff from the, gold standard, base game?

I get that farming heroics is vastly less painful with auto turn ins, but surely making it optional (or based on how you picked it up) would have been as much effort as cutting so much.

Im not even sure of the intention behind removing flaspoint bread crumb quest givers?

A lot of cutscenes dont even make sense now, as they reference people i should have spoken to earlier, but dont exist.

Im currently playing my first imperial character, and im not sure why its an improvement for me to have to keep googling the order in which i should be doing things, and where i need to go to start them.

It seems to me that what most people would want from a new expansion, in an ideal world, is a continuation of the base game (class stories etc), but the resources arent available to do that. So why have resources been wasted cutting stuff from the, gold standard, base game?

I get that farming heroics is vastly less painful with auto turn ins, but surely making it optional (or based on how you picked it up) would have been as much effort as cutting so much.

Im not even sure of the intention behind removing flaspoint bread crumb quest givers?

A lot of cutscenes dont even make sense now, as they reference people i should have spoken to earlier, but dont exist.

Im currently playing my first imperial character, and im not sure why its an improvement for me to have to keep googling the order in which i should be doing things, and where i need to go to start them.

I don't miss traipsing from this quest giver and that one to get quests. I much prefer them being all on one terminal, especially when play time is short on a given day.

I don't miss traipsing from this quest giver and that one to get quests. I much prefer them being all on one terminal, especially when play time is short on a given day.

But they should at least make it optional for players who want to see the storyline. Players could use a mission item that can automatically finish the mission if they don't want to speak to the NPC.

Edited by MrNihulus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For heroics that get picked up in fleet, I would prefer that the method here was just to offer a holo-call mechanic to any dialogue scene so it could be done the old way or a newer faster way but without removing anything. Another possible alternative would be the teleport taking you to the quest-giver though in some cases that could add to travel-grind time. I agree that I don't like the removal but also hard to see this being a priority now, so (?)

For anything else, e.g. flashpoints, where there was a story quest that went along with it, I would definitely prefer it being available the same as before. Previously if you didn't have the outside quest you could always still do a flashpoint from queue and just do the FP later again if wanting to do the wrapper quest. I feel like that should just be left the same. Nothing missed if using GF, but something extra if running around in the game world "naturally" first.

I agree with this. I really wish that they had made the turn-in cutscenes optional rather than remove them altogether.

When I'm farming heroics, I like the convenience of being able to complete them as quickly as possible. But when I'm taking any given character through a planet for the first time, I would prefer to immerse myself in the story as much as possible (even if it is something that I've already seen many times before).

One Heroic in particular that I wish still had the closing cutscene is "Search and Rescue" on Tatooine.

The guy pleads with you to rescue his daughter, and the other women in the settlement, who have been taken as slaves by pirates. It was really nice to be able to get the closure of seeing the man reunited with his daughter at the end of the mission. That's no longer possible since they removed that turn-in cutscene.

I also kind of miss the Advanced Training missions, especially the one for the Bounty Hunter. It was pretty cool to see your character taking a step up from his/her initial training to become more focused, with the aid of advanced trainers.

I get that there was probably no logical way to keep those missions in the game once they decided to have characters start out with their Advanced Classes at Level 1. It would have been nice, I think, if they had just moved the Advanced Training to the origin worlds, rather than take them out of the game completely. As in, make the Advanced Training part of the earlier storyline, along with the NPCs who tell you to go see the Class Trainer when you reach the Jedi Temple, Fort Garnik, Sith Academy, or Nem'ro's Palace.