Will Darth Hexid and the new pet be subscriber only rewards?

jacquelee

I didn't want to post this in the Darth Hexid thread, since it is not directly related to that thread but rather a side note question for the devs (or anyone who is more knowledgeable in reading disclaimers than I am).

In the blog it says to simply log in to earn the pet and to do the achievements (which are possible to do for pref players, not sure about F2P) to earn Darth Hexid. But then in the disclaimer under that article it says in the last sentence: "PAID SUBSCRIPTION OR PAID GAME TIME CARD REQUIRED TO ACCESS SOME GAME CONTENT".

While this sentence seems to be completely unrelated to either getting the pet or the companion, Keith himself said to read the disclaimer, which seems to hint on some hidden information there.

Am I reading too much into this? Are those rewards supposed to be subscriber rewards? Which would obviously not be a problem at all, it would just be nice to know, since it isn't said anywhere in the description of how to attain them, there is just this ominous line in the disclaimer.

I'm just wondering, since there will be no possibility to check whether or not a pref or F2P player actually can get the pet / companion before the time of getting either is already over, since both will arrive via in game mail after the 28th, so after the possibility of getting them is gone.

Would be nice to get something by simply playing the game / getting the achievements but on the other hand it would also be a nice incentive to sub if it is supposed to be one. Either way, it would be good to know which one it is beforehand.

I didn't want to post this in the Darth Hexid thread, since it is not directly related to that thread but rather a side note question for the devs (or anyone who is more knowledgeable in reading disclaimers than I am).

In the blog it says to simply log in to earn the pet and to do the achievements (which are possible to do for pref players, not sure about F2P) to earn Darth Hexid. But then in the disclaimer under that article it says in the last sentence: "PAID SUBSCRIPTION OR PAID GAME TIME CARD REQUIRED TO ACCESS SOME GAME CONTENT".

While this sentence seems to be completely unrelated to either getting the pet or the companion, Keith himself said to read the disclaimer, which seems to hint on some hidden information there.

Am I reading too much into this? Are those rewards supposed to be subscriber rewards? Which would obviously not be a problem at all, it would just be nice to know, since it isn't said anywhere in the description of how to attain them, there is just this ominous line in the disclaimer.

I'm just wondering, since there will be no possibility to check whether or not a pref or F2P player actually can get the pet / companion before the time of getting either is already over, since both will arrive via in game mail after the 28th, so after the possibility of getting them is gone.

Would be nice to get something by simply playing the game / getting the achievements but on the other hand it would also be a nice incentive to sub if it is supposed to be one. Either way, it would be good to know which one it is beforehand.

They said if you get one of the achievements you get the companion. I don't know about the restrictions for f2p or preferred players but if you can access and play warzones or at least SM flashpoints via group finder you should be ok. But yes- would be good to have an official statement on this.