The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Next Animated Series

MajorZuma

Hey SWTOR community, since the 4th season of rebels is confirmed to be the last I was wondering what everyones theories/ideas are for the next animated series by the Dave Filoni crew.

Personally I think one following Luke and co. after ROTJ is a good place. There are decades of unexplored potential material now with the new canon, the show could certainly help fill in the gap. And we could see the Jedi that Luke recruited if they choose to make it closer to the Sequel trilogy instead of the OT. They could also just have it closer to the OT sort of kind of as an adventure crew like Rebels but instead it's Luke, Han, Leia, and chewie.

And I also thought maybe a series right before the phantom menace with Qui Gon and Dooku would be pretty dope and it would have dooku's turn to the dark maybe in it.

Edited by MajorZuma

A series following Poe Dameron and BB-8 would be pretty interesting. Maybe a series following Poe and Finn set in between 7 and 8.

But I just want either filoni or some authors to explore the time in between 6 and 7. There is literally decades where Luke became a Master, created the New Jedi Order and recruited new Jedi, took in Ben Skywalker and trained him to a certain point and then Ben was turned by Snoke and slaughtered the Jedi order with the First Order and became Kylo Ren. And Luke exiled himself out.

Han Solo lost the millennium falcon and Leia stopped being a senator and became a general because it came out Vader was her father( Bloodline book). And no knows where Lando is.

Edited by MajorZuma

The most likely course of action would be between 6-7. Nothing of any significance could happen between episode 4-6 that isn't explained enough in the films. But there are years and years of time between 6 and 7. A series in that timeframe would be far more interesting than one set anywhere else. But honestly, I'd still rather see an old republic era series.

Post 6 will be most likely, though it'll probably be a set of new characters with old/important characters popping in from time to time.

I'd be really interested to see a Luke/Ezra meeting. Especially if season 4 goes into the interesting places I suspect it will.

Post 6 will be most likely, though it'll probably be a set of new characters with old/important characters popping in from time to time.

I'd be really interested to see a Luke/Ezra meeting. Especially if season 4 goes into the interesting places I suspect it will.

Never thought about Luke and Ezra joining forces. Oddly enough they would be around same age which is pretty crazy. Wow I definitely see a possibility of seeing Luke in rebels now, or maybe a cameo. Though they missed the opportunity with the Kenobo scenes and Maul had some dialogue that referenced Luke

I'd like to see them keep moving forward in time, set the next one in the timeframe between Ep IV and Ep V. After that has its run they can do one bridging the gap between Eps VI and VII.

I really like your thinking there:) even though I've been thinking the same thing. We did get the Shattered Empire comic, while a good story, a bit disappointing tho. We didn't get nearly as much Skywalker story there as I hoped, but there were some new characters presented.

But a big concern has been the many turns and twists of the new main movies, Solo - a Star Wars story being the most explicit example. There seem to be a uncertainty of how, why, and all other question mark surrounding a new Star Wars movie/storys, there really doesn't seem to be any consistency in the trail off thoughts that are behind the new Star Wars stories.

I have come to view TCW as a Star Wars master piece, both in characters created and portrayed, Rebels has really been the villains and Ashoka playground, the new hero characters has been hard to find that special love toward, from my point of view.

Another concern is that most of the new stuff put out there has been aimed at really young audiences, where the money grabbing philosophy has been so painfully obvious. (read; there's too much of this Lego gibberish).

Do they dare to put the main characters in a new animated series? But I agree; what happens up to the point where Luke gets his vision of Yoda and Dagobah? Does Obi-Wan train luke in a form of a Force ghost? How does Han and Chewie deal with soldier life? Or do we yet again get a whole new set of friends?

Edited by t-darko

I really like your thinking there:) even though I've been thinking the same thing. We did get the Shattered Empire comic, while a good story, a bit disappointing tho. We didn't get nearly as much Skywalker story there as I hoped, but there were some new characters presented.

But a big concern has been the many turns and twists of the new main movies, Solo - a Star Wars story being the most explicit example. There seem to be a uncertainty of how, why, and all other question mark surrounding a new Star Wars movie/storys, there really doesn't seem to be any consistency in the trail off thoughts that are behind the new Star Wars stories.

I have come to view TCW as a Star Wars master piece, both in characters created and portrayed, Rebels has really been the villains and Ashoka playground, the new hero characters has been hard to find that special love toward, from my point of view.

Another concern is that most of the new stuff put out there has been aimed at really young audiences, where the money grabbing philosophy has been so painfully obvious. (read; there's too much of this Lego gibberish).

Do they dare to put the main characters in a new animated series? But I agree; what happens up to the point where Luke gets his vision of Yoda and Dagobah? Does Obi-Wan train luke in a form of a Force ghost? How does Han and Chewie deal with soldier life? Or do we yet again get a whole new set of friends?

I don't understand the hate for the Solo movie. The new director is a Star Wars Nerd, he already posted a picture of Tag and Bink in the new movie which means the popular comic series is now canon. I t hink the new movie will have tons of EU fan service and we will explore more of the underworld in the movies finally. I think we should have faith. TFA was OK but Rogue one was amazing and by no means a kiddie movie in my opinion.

I also think the Star Wars comic by Jason Aaron covers that time frame between 4 and 5 and I think it's absolutely fantastic as well as the Vader comic I'm between 4 and 5 is awesome.

We need to get AWAY from the original trilogy timeline, in my opinion. It's been done to death. Skip right on over to post Return of the Jedi. Hell, you can have Janina Gavankar as Iden Versio from Battlefront 2 campaign be in it for a story arc, just MOVE ON FROM THE OT for the love of God.

If its going to be another kid show like Rebels, then I do not care whats next.

I'd like thereto be a PG-13 animated series based in the old republic era; with Dave Filoni directing. While the kids get the GCW era and beyond.

Edited by cool-dude

This is a tad off topic but i have to ask and get your views.

Why does Chopper in SWR sound like a dude with his mouth duct tapped and trying to say words thru a microphone?

I mean i have never heard a amech droid sound like that. I mean if RD-D2 sounded like that, George Lucas would of never approved that for one thing and fired the people from his R&D that came up with that sound. Plus RD-D2 wouldnt made it past the first film. Fans would tore RD apart like they did with Jar jar Binx.

So what are your views on it?

This is a tad off topic but i have to ask and get your views.

Why does Chopper in SWR sound like a dude with his mouth duct tapped and trying to say words thru a microphone?

I mean i have never heard a amech droid sound like that. I mean if RD-D2 sounded like that, George Lucas would of never approved that for one thing and fired the people from his R&D that came up with that sound. Plus RD-D2 wouldnt made it past the first film. Fans would tore RD apart like they did with Jar jar Binx.

So what are your views on it?

My view.............

sorry, couldn't get past the RD-D2 thing

Edited by MadDutchman

?

Because it probably is a guy covering his mouth and speaking into the microphone. You'd be surprised how many voice actors do things like that, thats what the creators/voiceactors of southpark do for Kenny(the hooded one).

I know it will never happen because it's Legends now, but I have always wanted to see the New Sith Wars.

So have I. With Legends now being Legends we need a new backstory.

Marka Ragnos, Exar Kun, Revan, Vitiate, Satelle Shan and all the other guys who made up the universe before is now gone so we need a new origin story for well... EVERYTHING! It will not do to have such large blindspot in the story and just make up some kidfriendly flashpoints here and there around a single era.

The New Sith Wars was described in both the Legends and in media that I think is canon as the absolute dark ages of the Star Wars universe so it would be wonderfull if we could get a closer look at it. If not in an animated series than at least in a new canon comic series or novel because hoping for a movie set in that era is probably to much to hope for.

Edited by kepeskvaeri

I saw it mentioned somewhere that authors are currently disbarred from being allowed to write in the post-RotJ era. Probably because of preparations for Episode VIII, but possibly also because that's when the new animated series is.

That being said, I would love to see a pre-Phantom Menace series too. You have a lot of potential to bring back old characters - not just Qui-gon and Obi-Wan from the prequels (I really want to see more of Qui-gon), but ones from the Clone Wars too. Admiral Trench and Wulf Yularen faced off against each other in that time, and you could see the earliest years of Tarkin too.

They could bring back some EU stuff too for the plot - The Stark Hyperspace War, or the disappearance of the Katana Fleet. (I actually always had a "headcanon" theory about that, in which Sidious and the Trade Federation intentionally sabotaged the fleet with the hive virus because they knew if it was successful, which it would have been, it would have prevented their invasion of Naboo and their plans to begin the Clone Wars.)

In the Vader comic when he is talking to Palpatine, Old Palpatine references that the Sith were at war with the jedi and eachother and killed eachother before the Rule of two. So they have referenced certain events in legends and I think rebels also has referenced certain events from Legends. Edited by MajorZuma

Because it probably is a guy covering his mouth and speaking into the microphone. You'd be surprised how many voice actors do things like that, thats what the creators/voiceactors of southpark do for Kenny(the hooded one).

I know it is, i mean u can tell. the point is how hard would it be to make it beep and boop & click & whistle like RD-D2 does, or like any other Astromech droids. It is just a sound board that does it, man just has to put it in the right sequence.

Just saying, i wish every single episode i watch, Chopper gets blown away to bits or floated into space and lost for ever or burn up in some planets atmosphere.

Oh well if wishes were free cartel coins, i, wont bother finishing that 1....

I know it is, i mean u can tell. the point is how hard would it be to make it beep and boop & click & whistle like RD-D2 does, or like any other Astromech droids. It is just a sound board that does it, man just has to put it in the right sequence.

Just saying, i wish every single episode i watch, Chopper gets blown away to bits or floated into space and lost for ever or burn up in some planets atmosphere.

Oh well if wishes were free cartel coins, i, wont bother finishing that 1....

At least BB8 and the Alan Tudyk droid in Rogue one are good.