Lag spikes

Eloi_BG

Yes. Thank god the Garbinger is shutting down. Had this happen in PVP several times in operations a few times and today while I was on my ship had some server latency not at my end (wasn't red barred). This problem was far worse a few months ago especially during APAC primetime today was the first I had experienced it for a while.

Get ready for more lag. They moved our West Coast servers the east coast. Goodbye ping and hello lag. They never even told us they were considering dropping the West Coast servers. 5 epics servers they said. Losing our Aussie and Asia players now. This sucks, BioWare please bring back the West Coast servers.

Not talking about ping tho. Happened again tonight, though only in Gods From The Machine. 2 seconds raid wide lag spikes. Both prog groups in our guild experimented the same thing, but not in any other operation. Wiper phase with some 2 sec lag spikes is close to impossible (when the timing gets wrong). Really annoying.

Sadly enough - I'm having that kind of @#$^ happen even in solo play leveling a character through the chapters. A couple times last night over 250ms and just now had a spike over 18000 (yeah - not a type) followed by a boot.

Im from Australia I am used to playing with a ping of 159 but since they moved them my ping at best is 299 and worst so far is 599 and I am on the fastest broadband in this country I have friends that aren't and they are getting at good times in the 700+ im staying but will likely be just for story updates not even going to attempt anything ranked in all honesty I love the game wich is why im staying but not telling us they where doing this is not good business practice makes a lot of people wonder what else there not telling us and are going to surprise us with but as some1 erlier said you will lose most the aussie and asia players this lag is intolerable i looked forward to the server mergers but this is like saying o by the way we will merge the servers so there is more people but to make it fair you will not be abel to react until a few seconds after everyone else so in GSF and pvp u are likely dead before u shoot or hit back =( so sad they did this sadder they chose to not tell us on purpose.