please add Imperial trooper and republic SIS

EvilNomad

As much as i am in agreement with you, it will most likely not happen due to the voice acting and 1-50 content they would need to introduce. in fact, I have been in agreement with you since before the game officially started. I always felt that there should be:

• Trooper: Imperial/Republic
  • Agent: Imperial/Republic
  • Bounty Hunter (i)/Regulator®

the Jedi/Sith classes are taken care of, mostly, but would have also liked to see the Combat Medic (trooper) use a rifle instead of a cannon which seems to me would be more at home on the tank version of the trooper. and that giant, "healer over here" green line...wow.

in fact, would have been interesting to see weapons independent of classes; and for Jedi, hilt style, as well.

As much as i am in agreement with you, it will most likely not happen due to the voice acting and 1-50 content they would need to introduce. in fact, I have been in agreement with you since before the game officially started. I always felt that there should be:

• Trooper: Imperial/Republic
  • Agent: Imperial/Republic
  • Bounty Hunter (i)/Regulator®

the Jedi/Sith classes are taken care of, mostly, but would have also liked to see the Combat Medic (trooper) use a rifle instead of a cannon which seems to me would be more at home on the tank version of the trooper. and that giant, "healer over here" green line...wow.

in fact, would have been interesting to see weapons independent of classes; and for Jedi, hilt style, as well.

I think you left out smuggler though it could either be pirate for imps even though it is the same thing there are a few that are closer to being imps than they are being pubs. though i would argue that bounty hunters by nature should be neutral faction based. they make the most sense for that. they like to fight the pubs but they are closer to side with the pubs than the imps actually. but also the mandalorians fight whomever has the strongest armies at the time if its pubs than its the pubs, if its the imps than its the imps, and thus is how they get into it with zakuul. could technically create a neutral faction playable like "hero class" force user because i couldnt find a better word for it. they don't have as much flexibility with classes as people think they do. basically those 8 are the only 1s they can possibly do. since they have the 16 from classic.

Why not continue the theme of betrayal and just have agents go to the Republic and join up with the SIS while troopers leave for the Empire and join the troopers. Then you won't have to worry about past content and only future content. In the agents' case, there's already the door open for some depending on how your story goes and if the Alliance is to end then it makes perfect sense. Even in the trooper story it starts out with the treason of some assumed troopers betraying to the Empire. Lets just take that storyline further. Its not an ideal solution but I'd love to get my agent into the SIS since I'd already abandon him for a Republic agent character if it were available.

I think there's a way they could work this in without doing the whole 1-50 original story thing. Just have those two classes start say... after SOR or something. Maybe just give them one starter planet together and then boom!, Kotfe. :D Yeah, a starter planet Kashyyyk.... about the size of Tython. Both would start a quick story there... ooh

VA? They're off strike aren't they? They could do one starter planet.... Maybe go cheapie and use recycled voiced from Kotfe and forward. Just get Jen Hale and Blum or someone who's currently available. Maybe Jack Black. :D ... for both. :eek:

This game would be even better if there were 10 classes by adding the Imperial trooper and the Republic SIS agent that would make this game so much fun.

Heck yeah! That would totally rock, assuming they went through the effort of going back and adding new class stories, companions, and all of the associated voice work. Considering that would involve far more voice actors than just 3 for the new classes and 15 for new companions, I doubt it will happen.

But it would be AWESOME.

Edited by Xina_LA

I see your point. However, personally I feel like the smuggler already does a lot of SIS-ish things (I could definitely imagine them getting up to some of the hijinks Theron did in the Annihilation novel, lol). And the way the Empire's structured, I doubt that an Imperial trooper would get the level of autonomy and leeway that the Republic trooper gets, which would seem to force them into a boring story of following orders.

Why not continue the theme of betrayal and just have agents go to the Republic and join up with the SIS while troopers leave for the Empire and join the troopers. Then you won't have to worry about past content and only future content. In the agents' case, there's already the door open for some depending on how your story goes and if the Alliance is to end then it makes perfect sense. Even in the trooper story it starts out with the treason of some assumed troopers betraying to the Empire. Lets just take that storyline further. Its not an ideal solution but I'd love to get my agent into the SIS since I'd already abandon him for a Republic agent character if it were available.

Only if it is OPTIONAL and doesn't block my Commando from future content. (And my main Agent despises the SIS, and isn't particularly fond of the Sith either, so he'd need it optional as well.)

Only if it is OPTIONAL and doesn't block my Commando from future content. (And my main Agent despises the SIS, and isn't particularly fond of the Sith either, so he'd need it optional as well.)

Oh, of course. I'm just suggesting they diverge the story for those that want to go that route. And that's assuming we'll be getting anything ever related to a class story individually. There's no way they'll add these two classes in when the original system was so expensive to the point they'd never do class stories again. I'm hoping they meant class origin stories and not at least have some separation.

I can't imagine another story where they put us back in our factions but it tells one singular story for everyone. So if they don't do that, then I'd like to defect my agent. I feel that story line promise has been dropped since currently we still can't change factions. If the problem is changing factions means fitting the old class into the new class (bounty hunter to trooper) then don't change the class just add the new "class" as former Imperial agents now known as Republic agents and Republic troopers as Imperial. They're still really the same class just a modification of the faction tag.

Of course I have no idea how that works because even though it seems simple to change a word, I'm sure its not that simple. They might could also give them some of the smuggler missions (again if they make class specific ones) to the agent instead of doing their own thing. Not sure if bounty hunters and troopers are that similar in the end but perhaps they can just be a part of the agent story line over there. At any rate, that's a much more manageable option for them than actually adding two new classes. There's a good bit of depth we aren't getting from the current institutions in the game this could help flesh out more.

We need to see where Theron used to work and where Elara was working before her defection. Perfect chance to showcase both. This all is making the assumption they will end the Alliance which I believe is their plan. One reason is just the vibe I get from them and another is how they've not done anything to really reach the potential of us leading a major political and power force within the galaxy. I've been waiting to leverage that power since I got mine and I'm still waiting. Its a bit disappointing.

• 5 months later...

This is needed as the agent storyline is basically an espionage and spy information gathering DEapartment

We have nothing really tide to the imperial military

Plus given many players and love using the trooper abilities other public side so why can't we have a true mirror class for the imperial military this is also good for PVP reasons

As no matter what class you play on Republic side the republics I'd always loses

I don't know if you can add a story to this one would be nice but if you just wanted to create some kind of a boost token to unlock this class and introduce it to the cartel market maybe he can be a level 70 token that is the cost of 2000 cartel coins

While it would be nice, I'd settle for them just making new specs for the class.

Knight/Warrior: Dual Saber User

Consular/Inquisitor: Single Blade Melee User

Trooper: Sniper Rifle User

Hunter: Ion Cannon User

Smuggler: Ion Cannon User or Blaster Rifle User

Agent: Blaster Pistol User

Plus given many players and love using the trooper abilities other public side so why can't we have a true mirror class for the imperial military this is also good for PVP reasons

Depends on how you define "true mirror". From a point of view of how the damage is dealt out, the Bounty Hunter classes are the mirrors of the Trooper classes, even if they *look* different. The same is true of Agent/Smuggler, and even the Jedi/Sith pairs - the abilities do not *look* the same in all cases (lightning/pebbles, etc), even if the numbers are the same.

As no matter what class you play on Republic side the republics I'd always loses

In my experience this is not true. It goes both ways, depending on ... stuff.

Depends on how you define "true mirror". From a point of view of how the damage is dealt out, the Bounty Hunter classes are the mirrors of the Trooper classes, even if they *look* different. The same is true of Agent/Smuggler, and even the Jedi/Sith pairs - the abilities do not *look* the same in all cases (lightning/pebbles, etc), even if the numbers are the same.

In my experience this is not true. It goes both ways, depending on ... stuff.

Well, gunslinger has 2 guns, and agent's mirror has 1. So, this means that the damage of the "second hand gun" can vary, which is not at all the case with the agent's miror.

But, I assume that there is something similar true for the bounty hunter with 2 guns and the mirror, the commando.

Love the idea of new classes; pub SIS and imp Trooper sounds good, but would want to think about it a bit.

Post-kotxx time-frame setting so no having to go back and try to fit new stories in with old ones and no having to go through kotxx! Could have truly new basis for moving forward.

Two new starter planets (not the hallway whack-a-mole but open world): maybe Dantooine? Etti IV? Denon (rebuilding?)

New pub-imp conflicts; I think it could be great.

Not about to hold my breath though :(

They could do something like STO, where they have at least one faction that jumps in mid-original storyline.

For example, they could create a storyline for an Imperial trooper and SIS agent that starts post SOR and then continues outside of KOTFE... like, those classes take part in the 5 years that the Outlander was frozen and they wind up joining the Alliance. After that, you can just retool the KOTET stories (which is as simple as adding new dialogue options) and witness the fun. This is probs a really far fetched idea, but it'd be so freaking cool