Lazy writing, meaningless decisions, motion sickness, and betrayal

Bothan

I must say, I agree with the part where you say, being in a long term relationship with Theron and then let you flirt with his dad.

I really hope they aren't planning to drop flirt options for the sake of having flirt options. Although it seems like that's exactly what they're doing.

I do remember being being able to flirt with Senya, although I think that wasn't serious, the same with Senya. But flirting with Jace while Theron being around was just weird.

Who does that.:rak_03:

I have a toon that shouldn't be in a relationship with him, it was a mistake and there's no break up option so far. She fights with Theron each time I get the option, yet he still says "I love you".

So I welcome the new flirt options, because maybe, just maybe, he will get the hint and break up with her. I doubt it, so I'm starting a new operative that will replace her. Thank god her command rank isn't that high...

This time I'll go after Vector and the chiss guy from Hoth --just in case we can start a relationship with him in Copero... in that case, bye Vector!

My male BH is with Lana, yet he flirted with Acina :D sometimes toons aren't born to be faithful.

Not really. When "old fat slobs" watch football, they aren't participating in the match, when a player plays a story and feels like things don't connect, they still experienced it more than any sports spectator ever would.

You mean like some of us were here when SOR and ROTHC launched and people for the most part hated them, and now those expansions are the good old times?

Or like people longing for Empire vs. Republic, that stopped with Ilum in 2012, and was nowhere to be seen in any expansion?

Or is like the players that say PVP is the heart of SWTOR ignoring the fact that PVP servers were the first to die and PVP instances are always empty?

Players tend to follow the herd, i still remember all the threads about how WIldstar was going to be the end of SWTOR with its' hardcore tough guy gamer experience that was what players really wanted.

You mean like some of us were here when SOR and ROTHC launched and people for the most part hated them, and now those expansions are the good old times?

Or like people longing for Empire vs. Republic, that stopped with Ilum in 2012, and was nowhere to be seen in any expansion?

Or is like the players that say PVP is the heart of SWTOR ignoring the fact that PVP servers were the first to die and PVP instances are always empty?

Players tend to follow the herd, i still remember all the threads about how WIldstar was going to be the end of SWTOR with its' hardcore tough guy gamer experience that was what players really wanted.

So you're saying us players are like sheep?

Edited by Eshvara

So you're saying us players are like sheep?

Baaaaah

I mean yes.

Just look at how opinions are too similar, do you think two different people decided that KOTFE reminds them of a soap opera, and then both decided to use the name of a reality show to mock KOTFE, reality shows and soap opera are very different things, how the hell did more than one person came to the exact same misguided idea?

Just look at Star Trek, how many dark side fans does ST have? Why does SW (or HP) have more fans of the evil faction? Because people tend to follow other people, looking at the forums you would think everyone loves Quinn and that he's more popular than Jaesa.

It's called confirmation bias, i dislike vpvp, and someone posts about how much he also dislikes pvp, and all the people that dislike pvp post there and you get this idea that everyone dislikes pvp, which is not necessarily a reflection of how popular pvp really is, after all the most popular games are pvp games.

Valylin's area spell that knocks you back is very difficult to see

Rubbish. It's trivially simple to see that she's casting it. She stops attacking you and curls up in a ball and floats in the air with a standard cast bar running.

The edge is *clearly* marked with a little red fence. Sure, it's far away, but it's reachable on ALL classes, but you have to say, "Oh, Lleh, she's casting that thing again! RUN THE ----ING ---- AWAY!"

I genuinely liked the ROTHC story.

SOR, the new operations were nice, but story was not. SOR story was a herald of things to come, disappointment, failure, betrayal.

Whether you stopped Revan, or didn't, in the end it didn't matter.

In KOTFE, nearly everything you do ends in failure or dissapointment, there are very very few sparse moments of actual accomplishment to claim.

Profit and Plunder was probably the only "fun" chapter in it all, the closest to feeling successfull in all the KOTFE chapters. The others, even if they got close, are just heralds of failure/betrayal, such as the Darvonis chapter.

On top of this, you have a gear system that has been made to match the story content. A few once in a while items you actually wanted, followed by trashing whatever you earned over and over.

&Said in agent vendor voice*

Betrayal, disappointment, failure: these are our tools.

I've been on pause/play ever since 4.0 hit, but perhaps its getting time to consider the stop/eject button. I was hoping a new face at the front would turn around the past 2-3 years of betrayal, disappointment, and failure; yet this isn't what I'm seeing.

The only good part of this game is GSF, which just got an update to be even better.

But outside GSF, its not that great.

Making a big bonus for queing randomly is just going to serve up another helping of disappointment, as players end up getting people in their group finder that don't want to run the content it chose. Or can't actually complete what it chose, etc. That is gonna be a mess unless they can unlump all the FP's and setup real progression again; and the fact they are making a big do all random bonus for itin the road map tells me no.

Just look at Star Trek, how many dark side fans does ST have? Why does SW (or HP) have more fans of the evil faction? Because people tend to follow other people, looking at the forums you would think everyone loves Quinn and that he's more popular than Jaesa.

The Republic is hypocritical. The Federation still has my respect.

That's why I play imperial side here and all my pub toons sided with the Empire after Iokath.

In STO I play all three factions, but you can't consider any of them evil. They're not. I love the romulans :D

You're making assumptions. Not token, and I know the class mechanics damn well. This has been my main since launch. Inquisitor has been secondary.

You HAVE to have been playing veteran or master or something at least? I just don't understand how anybody has trouble with that fight on story or any fight really as long as you're geared and ESPECIALLY if you use your healer companion. You're basically invincible then. I rolled over Vaylin like she was nothing on every class. Not trying to make fun of you or anything I'm just genuinely surprised anyone could find it hard as it is. Even if you don't keep Dramath from the holocron for the final Vaylin fight for the healing or don't have Arcann's help it's still simple as heck with all the healing orbs floating around for you and they even stun her if she walks through them instead of you. All you need to do really is avoid her knockback and run for heals everytime you hit half health.

I personally haven't had any trouble with any combat in this game since I figured out how to gear myself like 2 years back xD In the sense that I haven't had to struggle to beat any opponent. The only times I've died is from knockbacks over ledges and drawn out fights where I have my comp on DPS instead of heals when I shouldn't and end up dying stupidly haha. Never died while actually trying my hardest against an enemy.

I actually loved this fight as it offered a challenge for a change (I'd like it if they put all the original class boss fights back to being champions),

They were Champions??! Why the heck would they change that!!!!! :mad: They die SOOOOOOOOOOO easy now it's such an anti climax. At least Champions can take a beating before they go down. Not like they actually pose ANY threat to a geared player with a companion ANYWAYS like. Why cater to the people who don't know how to play the damn game!!!! Because seriously if you can't beat a champion, ONE champion, with no adds and your companion then you shouldn't even be playing this game imo.

Really? Because if it's not there for people who romanced Theron, it shouldn't be there to begin with no?

It's there for everyone who feels like they want to use it. If you like it great, if you don't that's fine. All I'm saying it's odd that it's there, it's an opinion.

Nobody is really making a big deal out of it, it's just odd that's all!

I think they just put it in there because you could flirt with Acina, to make it a bit more fair.

It was there for Theronmancers too.

Sometimes things just make little to no sense in the story, like Koth not caring that Arcann is your new right hand man! (Sortta) I figured he'd throw a fit, but nah.

If it makes it any better, I didn't even romance him!🎅

Wasn't Koth possibly dead by the time Arcann joined? Kind of makes sense he wouldn't have an opinion either way with the way BW treat potentially dead/saved characters.

I think they just put it in there because you could flirt with Acina, to make it a bit more fair.

It was there for Theronmancers too.

Wasn't Koth possibly dead by the time Arcann joined? Kind of makes sense he wouldn't have an opinion either way with the way BW treat potentially dead/saved characters.

He was, yes that was probably it. Still sloppy though. I wonder how much it would take to have a pissy Koth say a couple of lines. Or send you a mail, like they did with Arcann about Theron being a traitor.:rak_02:

They're little things, not anything to make a big deal about, but it would make companions seem a bit more life like as they show emotions!

He was, yes that was probably it. Still sloppy though. I wonder how much it would take to have a pissy Koth say a couple of lines. Or send you a mail, like they did with Arcann about Theron being a traitor.:rak_02:

They're little things, not anything to make a big deal about, but it would make companions seem a bit more life like as they show emotions!

I agree it's a bit lazy when an email would take a few minutes at most to come up with. They manage just fine when it's your LI that could be dead for others, not to mention Arcann sends an email to players if they don't kill him. So even if they don't want to add a little something to a cutscene they could have done it a bit better.

Regarding a flirt option with Jace Malcom... from a real world ethical standpoint, it's pretty revolting. But, having said that... there are plenty of people who have sampled the apple and then climbed the tree it fell from -if you know what I mean.

...and let's not forget that plenty of people who are playing this game might be looking for that Dark Side option. Sure, maybe you're romancing Theron... romancing his dad is just the kind of horrific stunt that gets you up in the morning.

...but that still doesn't excuse the lazy writing. If someone was romancing Theron, and also flirted with Jace... did he take time to get mad at you? Or sulk? Or Cry? None of my toons ever romanced Theron, so I don't know. My Inquisitor might have romanced Theron and then flirted with his dad, just to feed off his anguish, because she's brutal that way... if I'm gonna take the time and make the effort to hurt the ones ... er, who love me... am I getting the pay-off from the writers?

Regarding a flirt option with Jace Malcom... from a real world ethical standpoint, it's pretty revolting. But, having said that... there are plenty of people who have sampled the apple and then climbed the tree it fell from -if you know what I mean.

...and let's not forget that plenty of people who are playing this game might be looking for that Dark Side option. Sure, maybe you're romancing Theron... romancing his dad is just the kind of horrific stunt that gets you up in the morning.

...but that still doesn't excuse the lazy writing. If someone was romancing Theron, and also flirted with Jace... did he take time to get mad at you? Or sulk? Or Cry? None of my toons ever romanced Theron, so I don't know. My Inquisitor might have romanced Theron and then flirted with his dad, just to feed off his anguish, because she's brutal that way... if I'm gonna take the time and make the effort to hurt the ones ... er, who love me... am I getting the pay-off from the writers?

Apart from some commentary, Theron doesn't even "disapprove" or at least I haven't seen it on any YouTube videos.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.🎅

I'd find it pretty disgusting if I had a bf who started hitting on my mom... Yuck! But for some people this is hot or normal I guess.:rak_03:

In terms of in game, a proper conversation between you and Theron be suitable. "I'd appreciate if you didn't do that again" Or something. Make companions seem more lively!!!

Or even the lazy way and send a mail. Still better than whatever it didn't get.

Edited by Eshvara

That isn't contradictory at all.

I was very critical of RotHC and I very much felt like I was in the minority howling into the wind, so quite a few people really liked it. Despite it flaws, I think it was significantly better than FE/ET. (Vanilla >>>SoR>RotHC>>>FE/ET) Both of those expansions did a good job of providing a well rounded experience for most types of players, which FE/ET completely failed at.

If you are going by the story rather than the fights, this is utterly false. The entire premise of RotHC was Imp. vs. Pub. It was still a race for resources to aid in the war. The cooperation in SoR only exists briefly and is strained at best, the war was still going on and very much present. (Hello Saresh attacking Ziost!) In contrast, the Imp. vs Pub war is so far in the background in FE/ET is hard to remember it exists.

Apart from some commentary, Theron doesn't even "disapprove" or at least I haven't seen it on any YouTube videos.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.🎅

I'd find it pretty disgusting if I had a bf who started hitting on my mom... Yuck! But for some people this is hot or normal I guess.:rak_03:

In terms of in game, a proper conversation between you and Theron be suitable. "I'd appreciate if you didn't do that again" Or something. Make companions seem more lively!!!

Or even the lazy way and send a mail. Still better than whatever it didn't get.

I don't know if he gets 'disapproves' or not as I hide that part of ui, but he definitely comments on the first, and facial expression is decidedly unhappy. So Theron doesn't just ignore it, until it's done then he does, because too much detail to add that into later dialogue.

I don't know if he gets 'disapproves' or not as I hide that part of ui, but he definitely comments on the first, and facial expression is decidedly unhappy. So Theron doesn't just ignore it, until it's done then he does, because too much detail to add that into later dialogue.

I guess the video I saw could have hidden the disapproval too, I just didn't see it. I remember him saying he's going to be sick, I think that was it.

If dialogue is however toomuch to add, a mail could have worked. I like little details like that, but some may not find it important.

Edited by Eshvara

I guess the video I saw could have hidden the disapproval too, I just didn't see it. I remember him saying he's going to be sick, I think that was it.

oh that's the not romanced line he says. romanced one is "Are you kidding me." incredibly hurt tone to the voice too. Also throws decidedly unhappy/scowly face when a romanced character flirts with his dad. I have pics somewhere.

edit: https://i.imgur.com/fqLV0Lr.png

https://i.imgur.com/iaXHGY0.png

so mostly it's ignored directly after that part of the scene, sadly. I wanted a comment from jace, though unrelated to flirting with him, about Theron LI but no such luck.

Edited by Asmodesu

Exactly! I mean Koth's opinion can be thrown out of the window, but I'd at least like to see the interaction.:mad:

He went all nuts for having Senya around, but doesn't care about Arcann in the slightest.

Maybe by the time you get to recruit Arcann he has finally learned to trust you especially if you have yelled at him for the stunt he pulled with the Gravestone (the quantum bomb) and has decided by then, especially if you been fairly decent with the people of Zakuul, like my smuggler was.

As far as my sorceress I could see him picking a fit as she was evil but by the time she recruits Arcann well Koth isn't in a position to say anything since dead men can't speak (lol)

On the Palace Investigation I believe BW really overdid the nichey stuff in Kotet. Really, really overdid the nichey stuff. Too much hotbar and me not playing my character. I think the best solution for stuff like this is whatever the SWTOR equivalent of mini-games is. Perhaps side quests for those who find it fun. I just have a problem when this kind of stuff advances the core game. It should be avoidable for those who don't like mini-games. (That's the secret of mini-games btw, they should be avoidable. Then play them if you like them--everyone is happy.)

That face is hilarious. I'm sorry, Theron, but it is.

And it was a very tame flirt. You called Jace a "strong warrior" which he absolutely is and "by my side." Not "in my bed" or "in me" hahah. I think Theron's response was perfect, cause if I were him I'd probably just face palm and move on, too.

Maybe in a game where every [flirt] has the potential to lock you into a relationship, it may seem extreme. lol.

oh that's the not romanced line he says. romanced one is "Are you kidding me." incredibly hurt tone to the voice too. Also throws decidedly unhappy/scowly face when a romanced character flirts with his dad. I have pics somewhere.

edit: https://i.imgur.com/fqLV0Lr.png

https://i.imgur.com/iaXHGY0.png

so mostly it's ignored directly after that part of the scene, sadly. I wanted a comment from jace, though unrelated to flirting with him, about Theron LI but no such luck.

Welp, detail isn't BW's strongest side. Apparently.:rak_01: "in swtor"

Edited by Eshvara