Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

DvL victory state is now 18 hours?

Screaming_Ziva

I think there is also a problem in how Dark and Light is calculated. I was logged into Shadowlands today from 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM, and it did not once switch from balanced. Others had said it was the same for several hours before that. There should be some movement in that time.

That said, going back to an hour isn't good either. I think a good balance is somewhere around 3 to 4 hours.

Agree wholeheartedly. Fix the math in what it takes to gain traction for either side, as it is taking FOREVER to get the bar to move, let alone get all the way dark/light. And 4 hours seems to be more than enough time for the victory status for all the reasons previously mentioned. 18 is just too much.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll find out next week when double CXP is gone.;)

Everything you can do to accrue cxp also feeds the DvL meter so not sure what we'll see when the double event goes away.

Like others have posted. I'm noticing the meter crawling once the victory state ends. Really need to adjust the rate gains for it.

Please feel free to add my voice to those who feel that EIGHTEEN HOURS is beyond overkill. Seems to me that 4-6 hours would be more than sufficient, so I'm curious as to why the sledgehammer method was applied to this (non) issue...

Why does there never seem to be anything done in a "happy medium" fashion? It always seems to be one extreme or the other. :(

I agree that 18 hours does seem a tad overboard.

I'm not sure WHY it was changed beyond folks asking for the bosses to show up more often.

I think 3-4 hours is a sweet spot that allows those in the evening to potentially leverage the change on DvL status.

That is because the devs have no idea what 'balance' or 'tweak' means. There are only 4 ways they use to handle a change in the game.

1) Nerf something so hard no one uses it any more. (Class balance, slot machine)

2) Hit it with a hammer and knock it so far out of kilter it is a joke. (18 hour DvL).

3) Ignore it and hope the players will eventually stop complaining (Romance gifts, bugs since 5.0 let alone launch)

4) State it is working as intended and is a feature. (25% 'per character' CXP boost)

I know I sound like a cynic, but I like the Star Wars universe. The game up to 4.0 wasn't perfect, but it was better than everything since. The devs since 4.0 either can't or won't work a gradual change into anything, they will just throw out a solution that anyone that plays the game could tell them is screwier than an Cathar on catnip.

Everything you can do to accrue cxp also feeds the DvL meter so not sure what we'll see when the double event goes away.

Like others have posted. I'm noticing the meter crawling once the victory state ends. Really need to adjust the rate gains for it.

You'll see that 18 hours is exactly what it will take to grind up a high level rank of CR is what I mean.

15% of not much is not much. I haven't even got that 25% bonus from legacy either.

You'll see that 18 hours is exactly what it will take to grind up a high level rank of CR is what I mean.

15% of not much is not much. I haven't even got that 25% bonus from legacy either.

Yes but prior to the change in duration, the victory message would instantly be the other side when the old ended. If not instantly then at 4 and winning shortly thereafter. They had to change the rates when they changed the length for so dramatic a change in turnovers. As mentioned by other posters, the victory message has shown maybe twice since the maintenance was finished on some servers. Aside from the auto-victory at server start-up that is.

That is because the devs have no idea what 'balance' or 'tweak' means. There are only 4 ways they use to handle a change in the game.

1) Nerf something so hard no one uses it any more. (Class balance, slot machine)

2) Hit it with a hammer and knock it so far out of kilter it is a joke. (18 hour DvL).

3) Ignore it and hope the players will eventually stop complaining (Romance gifts, bugs since 5.0 let alone launch)

4) State it is working as intended and is a feature. (25% 'per character' CXP boost)

I know I sound like a cynic, but I like the Star Wars universe. The game up to 4.0 wasn't perfect, but it was better than everything since. The devs since 4.0 either can't or won't work a gradual change into anything, they will just throw out a solution that anyone that plays the game could tell them is screwier than an Cathar on catnip.

I agree- personally I think the most prominent long-running problem with a lot of MMOs is that developers have no idea how to take advice in increments. Either they completely remove something, or they go the whole nine yards whether that's what anybody wanted or not.

Let's be perfectly candid here; if this game wasn't Star Wars, it would be long dead and gone by now, and likely faded into obscurity.

Edited by SourOrange

• 2 weeks later...
What's wrong with 18 hours?

Apparently having more time to do stuff is worse than having less time.

It seems the amount needed to move to a victory state has been altered along with the duration. Now victory ends and nothing happens for extended periods of time.

You must be a troll.

....confirmed with your signature.

18 hours is clearly ridiculous.

Yep, that is indeed a troll. In fact, it's the infamous Tracer Missile Guy, who has gone on record that he doesn't play at all anymore, and just keeps paying a sub (and buying new copies of the game when he gets banned from here) so that he can troll the forum and complain about a single Bounty Hunter animation being changed over five years ago. Your forum experience will be much improved if you just put him on ignore. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.