Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Ok, which one of you have been demanding an option to change Arcann armor (read undress) on Star Forge 5 minutes ago? :D Or have I found the 4th Arcann fan? :eek:

Hmm.......I'm not on SF. But I saw someone loving the Arcann customization and another asking in which chapter can they get him on Satele just now. Edit: It kind of surprised me, I rarely saw him mentioned in gen chat.

Edited by LamiaKan

I got the impression that Arcann is annoying mostly ardent fans of other LI, in the opinion of which he "takes away from their favorite pixels the time." I remember one of the fans of Theron lamented that instead of the next 100500 cutscene with Theron, he received the "Hitler's space". For him, this is undoubtedly a tragedy.

But many other players do not fall into moralizing and do not fall in hysterics from the fact that a former tyrant can be a companion. They normally accept Arcann. Many consider it an additional "prize" for the walkthrough of the KOTET.

Therefore, it's not surprising that players, not being fans of Arcann, have him in the team, and are interested in the possibilities of his improvement.

Edited by MrJunay

But many other players do not fall into moralizing and do not fall in hysterics from the fact that a former tyrant can be a companion. They normally accept Arcann. Many consider it an additional "prize" for the walkthrough of the KOTET.

Therefore, it's not surprising that players, not being fans of Arcann, have him in the team, and are interested in the possibilities of his improvement.

At this point, all I want to see is the galaxy's reaction to me keeping Arcann around.

Charles confirmed that Lana will accompany us:

Is he mocking ?! Well, I do not! I'd rather risk а walkthrough FP without a companion at all than again with this stupid blond chicken!:mad::mad::mad:

Edited by MrJunay

Charles confirmed that Lana will accompany us:

A shame but not surprising. She's the one who's been at our side through most of this traitor stuff and one of the few 'constants' alive/recruited for everyone. I just hope I won't have to put up with further hissy fits about how angry she is about the whole situation.

I hope in whatever interview that's next, someone will ask if we'll ever be able to have either different companions accompany us or choose our own! But I guess it'll depend on what happens in 5.9!🤔

Maybe it'll be fun either way... I certainly hope so.

Edited by Eshvara

A shame but not surprising. She's the one who's been at our side through most of this traitor stuff and one of the few 'constants' alive/recruited for everyone. I just hope I won't have to put up with further hissy fits about how angry she is about the whole situation.

It's Lana, it wouldn't be her unless she complained about something.

I hope in whatever interview that's next, someone will ask if we'll ever be able to have either different companions accompany us or choose our own! But I guess it'll depend on what happens in 5.9!🤔

Maybe it'll be fun either way... I certainly hope so.

The problem is that the developers instead of a normal story (as in vanilla) gave the players "Lana and Theron show." And everywhere put the cutscenes with these "sacred cows". Because of what the players can not choose a companion.

I do not know how the rest, but I'm just physically sick of Lana. I'm ready to see in FP any companion, the most hated, but not her!:mad:

The problem is that the developers instead of a normal story (as in vanilla) gave the players "Lana and Theron show." And everywhere put the cutscenes with these "sacred cows". Because of what the players can not choose a companion.

I do not know how the rest, but I'm just physically sick of Lana. I'm ready to see in FP any companion, the most hated, but not her!:mad:

Eh, not the biggest fan of her, though I certainly would like someone else for a change. :o

But this is what we can get for now so...better than nothing? :p

Let her be the back up companion or 'secondary companion' ... Let me bring my companion of choice with me! I couldn't care less if they never say anything during the FP.

I think you can do this if you replay the FP because then they remove the story cutscenes. At least with Copero I think I could run with a different companion and didn't had to use Temple.

But well, of course for the story they had to take her - I mean it is the easiest way for them - just a single companion to be voiced and not all others too that you might take. Although T7 would have been even easier + less expensive (no voice actor) but I do think Lanas reaction on Nathema as force user and having been there with you and being more involved with Theron makes more sense compared to T7 to be honest. But yes, I too would prefer to have more variation (preferably the corresponding LI) regarding companions during story chapters or FPs.

And there is still the question which role Lana played. I mean if she is really in this together with Theron she is the best actress ever.

My only hope is that in this FP my PC will be able to break the necks of "sacred cows" and end this shameful "show" forever. And disperse the Alliance

They don't have to die - they just need to find a better way for the future story that there isn't just Theron + Lana as our main quest givers and forced companions. I mean I like them and therefore I do want some content for them in the future but having just these two as main companions and quite often being forced as companion is just tiresome.

Would be funny if who the traitor is depends on your choices. So, you bring Lana, find Theron and loyal companion kills the traitor... I know, I know, LI - so it will never happen.

But still... Why it seems like Lana gets more attention then other companions? What happened to others having a line or two in briefing scene?

My only hope is that in this FP my PC will be able to break the necks of "sacred cows" and end this shameful "show" forever. And disperse the Alliance

Aww, please, no more killing spree on companions... Especially LI's.

While I find it a bit boring to always have Lana by my side and would like some change, I do like Lana and don't want her dead, and Theron even less so.

I clearly don't want any of them to end up like a plant standing in the background with nothing to do in the story anymore.

And i find the "Lana and Theron show" naming a bit unfair to Theron considering he has far less srceentime than Lana tbh.

Anyways, if Theron can be killed and becomes completely irrelevant to the plot, I'll go with headcanon that he was killed by some member of the Order of Zildrog who was then annihilated by my former Battlemaster who then disapear when realising what she had just done.

Then Arcann goes on a journey to find her and bring her back, finally finds her but she wants nothing to do with the Republic and Empire anymore, goes to Zakuul, use the Eternal Fleet to close the zakuulan space, and... end of the story for her.

And so, my main character has nothing to do in the story anymore, and so I guess I won't have to do either, which will be really sad :(

On a side note, if Theron is killable while Ashara and Jaesa are not, I think I'll be pretty pissed off.

Edited by Goreshaga

I am so over the killing stuff now, I only have Theron and Lana left because of that ridiculous thing. Leave them alone, devs.

I'm glad she's along as she was there for this entire thing too, it's a betrayal to her as well not just the PC.. but yeah, if she dares tell me again how she's going to torture my PC's beloved..

Edited by Asmodesu

Anyways, if Theron can be killed and becomes completely irrelevant to the plot, I'll go with headcanon that he was killed by some member of the Order of Zildrog who was then annihilated by my former Battlemaster who then disapear when realising what she had just done.

Then Arcann goes on a journey to find her and bring her back, finally finds her but she wants nothing to do with the Republic and Empire anymore, goes to Zakuul, use the Eternal Fleet to close the zakuulan space, and... end of the story for her.

And so, my main character has nothing to do in the story anymore, and so I guess I won't have to do either, which will be really sad :(

Agree with nearly everything in your post, and this part is almost exactly like my SW and what'll happen if he has that "choice which is not a choice at all since it forces everyone to end up with nothing, not just the ones that choose it."

Arcann / Senya was the only exception, and saving them stole some of the best flirts and romance lines for any who romanced Lana or Theron during that time.

Would be funny if who the traitor is depends on your choices. So, you bring Lana, find Theron and loyal companion kills the traitor... I know, I know, LI - so it will never happen.

But still... Why it seems like Lana gets more attention then other companions? What happened to others having a line or two in briefing scene?

I do miss more characters being in the briefings. I don't want these two specifically gone, I want more different characters involved.

Remember Vette / Torian. LI status is almost a definite "yes they'll get a kill option, except when you can just boot them."

Edited by Asmodesu