Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

We can finally talk about Date Night! 🥳 Thank you so much for this Valentine's Day gift, Devs! ❤️

There will always be someone who disagrees, but in my opinion, this is the perfect thing to spend resources on. Aside from lightsabers, the one thing that sets SWTOR apart and makes it special in comparison to newer, better-funded MMOs is the companions. The more Dev love shown to them, the better!

I'm so glad that ALL the romanceable companions will eventually have their own moment to shine. I realise some people will have to wait a while for their faves, but I think it'll be worth it to have a scene that feels truly unique to each companion (as Ashley and Caitlin described it in the Stream). I do think it makes sense to start with Arcann, Lana, Theron and Koth since, as they also pointed out, their romances are available to all classes and genders.

A few Arcann-specific thoughts in the spoiler tags (I'm only writing about things that were revealed in the Live Stream yesterday, but in case anyone hasn't seen it yet):

Spoiler

I'm so glad that Arcann's date night takes place in the Odessen Wilds! Not only is it a meaningful location for him and our character, as it's where their romance began, but I personally think natural surroundings are so much more romantic than the urban locations and interiors we glimpsed for Lana, Theron and Koth (all of which I'm sure will suit their characters perfectly, but still).  And can we talk about how gorgeous that image they revealed in the Livestream is?? The waterfall and the moonlight coming down from above - OMG! 😍 It also made me very happy to see Arcann standing in his signature pose with his hands clasped behind his back, slowly turning around to face us 🥰 I think we can already tell that the Devs knocked this out of the park with the cinematics! I'm super excited to see the animations/cinematic for the actual sparring!

Another of my favourite moments from the Stream was when Ashley and Caitlin joked about Arcann "being unable to flirt like a normal person, so of course it's fighting" - and how "giving you armor means 'I love you', so lightsaber sparring also means 'I love you'" 😂 But in all seriousness, I'm very happy that they commented on how sparring practice with Arcann will recall some of those past life-and-death lightsaber duels with him. Sounds like the perfect way to add character development to the romance and hit that bitter-sweet enemies-to-lovers note, which I personally adore so much in his story.

Having listened to the stream again, I'm actually also super stoked about Koth's Date Night, because the devs said it would be an opportunity to learn more about Zakuulan culture. I'm not a fan of Koth, but I am a fan of Zakuul 😉

12 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

It'd be really cool if Senya were to show up for a moment. I really want to see the dynamic between the three.

I never thought I would disagree with that statement, but this might be the one time! Normally, I always want more Senya, but I definitely don't need mom to turn up for Date Night! I adore Senya, but... her son is a grown man and needs some alone-time with the love of his life 😉

Edited by witchglove
  • Like 1

Oh @witchglove  LOL! First, I haven't seen the Stream yet so I didn't have context. Second, I just meant a moment when she was coming or going somewhere else! Not be there for Date Night. Yes Arcann is an adult who needs private time, but as you know well, the love of your life usually comes with family. Now I think we should all be grateful that the potential father-in-law is gone! LOL

5 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

Oh @witchglove  LOL! First, I haven't seen the Stream yet so I didn't have context. Second, I just meant a moment when she was coming or going somewhere else! Not be there for Date Night. Yes Arcann is an adult who needs private time, but as you know well, the love of your life usually comes with family. Now I think we should all be grateful that the potential father-in-law is gone! LOL

LOL 😄 I think all our characters are extremely conscious of the fact that love comes with family in this particular case 😂

Spoiler

Vaylin's comments in Echoes of Oblivion still freak me out - I prefer not to think too much about how they can be interpreted as our characters having carried around some part of her spirit while we were romancing her brother 😬😂

All of which is to say that my JK really needs alone-time with Arcann at this point 😉

YESSS the natural environment is so beautiful! Also, I find it interesting because Arcann is from a very urban environment. It really has to be Odessen, the place of his rebirth. 2nd date on Voss? 😉

Livestream specific:

Spoiler

Looks like it starts out in the same place as Unmasked Regret. I love this location because he's connected to the natural, balanced environment of Odessen, and still connected to the Alliance, with the Alliance base in the background. Then we go to the more private and romantic waterfall environment.

Spoiler

Regarding carrying around Vaylin's spirit, similarly, I wonder what Arcann's inner turmoil was with his increasing admiration and love vs. his fear that we were still carrying Valkorion's spirit. It must have taken some time to reconcile that. He'd spent years equating the two.

• Like 1

He was raised a prince and will have the manners of a prince. The title might be gone but it doesn't change who he is. I'm slightly ticked off that the new SH is not on Odessen though, I admit it. However, it is so gorgeous, it might do for my JC and Arcann until we either get Odessen or Voss.

20 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

I'm also the person who would laugh their tush off if at the end of the date on Mek'Sha with Theron we bump into Satele. I'm evil.😁

It wouldn't be so bad. Satele knows you're married. She even thanks you for making her son happy at some point (I think it's after you defeat Tenebrae)

On 2/15/2024 at 11:05 PM, JakRoanin said:

He was raised a prince and will have the manners of a prince. The title might be gone but it doesn't change who he is.

Exactly what sets him apart from everyone else and gives him so much presence in a cutscene. His voice, word choice, stance. During Old Wounds, I was so glad to see that he still has his signature stance. Glad to see it again soon.

I'm beyond hyped for Arcann's Date Night.  The dev's track record for knocking Arcann's content out of this park has been absolutely flawless IMHO.  I know that this is going to be epic, especially since they are focusing on the whole sparring practice dynamic and what that means to both characters, considering their tumultuous journey together. ❤️

To anyone that has enjoyed watching Arcann's character growth and development over these wonderful years and is just now returning to the game after a break, YOU CAME BACK AT THE RIGHT TIME!   It has never been a better time to be an Arcann fan.

All of his content has been absolute S+ tier and we now have a Date Night coming up that's bound to be spectacular.

image.gif.9f3f9f2e836dba888adf44757fd2fd9d.gif

• Like 3

Okay, with the new date night reveal, I am so excited for the Arcann romance to blossom. I romanced him on a ton of toons, but my favorite "match" for him is my JK, she's cool emotionally (she's a Jedi after all), but she sees something in Arcann that fires her up.  Besides, Arcann has an amazing voice actor whose voice melts butter . . . and Jedi Knights. 😛

• Like 1

Female JC voice is the best! So serene, but still emotional during the right times. Arcann romance scenes especially, I really get the feeling that he inspires a passion within her.

I don't like either of the JK voices. Sounds too righteous, which makes sense for the class but gets annoying at times.

Look what I made this weekend:

ArcannStandeeFront-Copy.thumb.png.c4ca8cd722c981226435e0a39d17aea2.pngArcannStandeeBack-Copy.thumb.png.5445982c1044ef73f27d7322c12586d3.png

It is around 6 feet, 4 inches high and it rules!  It isn't perfect but I really love it.  I know that I did a decent enough job as my dogs immediately started barking at Arcann when I stood it up. 😂

I butchered a Din Djarin/Grogu standee for this = worth it x1000.

I'll put up more pictures of it when I move it to my basement with all of my other Star Wars (and Arcann!) memorabilia.  🥰

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JakRoanin said:

Not Grogu!!!!! This might be heresy but Arcann would clash with my decor.

It is all good! He's being moved down into the basement in the next few days so it won't be an issue of clashing at all 😂

@witchglove btw the print shop made me some extra copies of the kit that I designed... 🎁🎉

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 9:19 PM, JakRoanin said:

I'm trying to get a Hollywood Regency/Art Deco/Chinoiserie look going. Lots of bright colors and nature. Not really the Dark Prince theme.

I don't know, that actually sounds quite Zakuulan (and really cool btw)! You just need to dedicate a pure Art Deco corner to him 😉

My geek memorabilia/gaming room is colour-coded to Arcann 😄 I'm keeping everything monochrome with gold accents. The RGB lighting in my gaming PC and peripherals (all white) is set to match the cyan on the Zakuul city sign 😉

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.