Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

As we can only really change Arcann's weapon, what lightsabers do you lot use for him? I have him use Thexan's lightsaber for RP reasons... And I don't even RP.:rak_03: But I felt like he had to be the one to wield it! I myself use Senya's because it's awesome.:rak_03::D

I think my one is still using the default saber. If I could, I'd give him two, the second being Thexans.

Thanks for the lovely mental image.

Forget the whip, I suppose we can get some action going with the lightsabers. (enjoy the mental imagery)

Single Hilt: easy mode

Double Bladed: Moderate

Pike: Hard

Tyth's Stuck: Nightmare

I think the "Tyth's Stuck: Nightmare" mode was created for group content.:eek:

No, I will not change his sword. I like his standard sword.

Don't Arcann and Thexan have the exact same LS?🤔

Well, there is master Ranos or whatever her name is, the DVL companion.

I took my Chiss knight through Copero and I was shocked and excited that Saganu acknowledged that not only was she Chiss but she was force sensitive as well and yeah they consider force sensitive Chiss as corruptions or something like that.

Yeah you're right! I did not include her as she's not in the main story, and was only created for the event. Saganu surely has a lot of fans and understandingly so, but Valss is the only Chiss that stole my heart! I guess I took his? :p

Such a shame.😥

Edited by Eshvara

As we can only really change Arcann's weapon, what lightsabers do you lot use for him? I have him use Thexan's lightsaber for RP reasons... And I don't even RP.:rak_03: But I felt like he had to be the one to wield it! I myself use Senya's because it's awesome.:rak_03::D

his default one...with the default yellow colour crys...cause he is my golden boy lol :rolleyes:

he is just to awesome as he is..no need to change anything...except get the mask off ...hmmm :?

Oh no! It is in the mask that he has those amazing eyes, the colors of fire! More precisely, the eye.

I agree, I love that fierce look! :rak_03:

his default one...with the default yellow colour crys...cause he is my golden boy lol :rolleyes:

he is just to awesome as he is..no need to change anything...except get the mask off ...hmmm :?

I use the Yellow black crystal for Arcann, I thought it was suitable.:rak_03: I did really came to like the yellow because of them, but I like the contrast of yellow and black so yeah!

Edited by Eshvara

The only character I changed weapons for was Theron. Arcann runs around with his lightsaber, default and default crystal. my character wields Satele's one and the one she made in that cave, a white crystal and a gold one. Both rp reasons. My Agent has this awesome sniper rifle and a backup crossbow-looking one for.. reasons.. :D

I love changing weapons more then changing clothes though xD

Would anyone here ever take Thexan's personality over Arcann's? Thexan as we knew him, and Arcann as we know him, pre and post redemption.

Thexan over Arcann before being 'healed' but Arcann is more interesting to me after the Voss healing, because of how he approaches the Commander and what he's done. As well as the Mother/son relationship with Senya now, I'd take the evolution of changes with Arcann.

Would anyone here ever take Thexan's personality over Arcann's? Thexan as we knew him, and Arcann as we know him, pre and post redemption.

i couldnt...Thexan seems to...boring, honestly (and no , not because he didint kill bilions bla bla bla )....he seems too calm...too much like a jedi (of whos ideals i disagree completely)...dono why i see him like that...Arcann is flawed...he has emotions, he feels love, anger, sadness and all....that is what drew me to him...he is more like us then any of the characters in game :) ... he is not perfect, but for me he is (if that makes sense :D)

Anyhow, yeah...i guess Arcanns bagage is what i like , makes any kind of relationship more interesting :p

Nope, nope, nope! I love the scars, I love it on Arcann, I love it on Malgus! I even think Jace Malcolm looks better with scars. It adds that extra flair to him.:D and yes, Arcann is more than just a pretty face. :) But oh boy he sure is pretty.:rak_03:

We don't know enough about Thexan and I like scars so *shrug*

Yeah that's true, though I do think we got a glimpse in the short story. :)

I can take both though.:rak_03: might as well be greedy.:rak_06:

Edited by Eshvara

That's a difficult question. We know so little about Thexan, compared with what we know of Arcann. Arcann is clearly a more interesting character, based on what we've seen, so as a character I'd go with him.

As a person, I'm not quite so sure. Thexan seems like the better person. He was magnanimous towards his brother, to the extent that Arcann couldn't help loving him in spite of Thexan being better at everything. And he seems like he would've actually been a good Emperor. He did go a-conquering alongside Arcann, but by the time he was killed he'd left far less pain and destruction in his wake than Arcann has by the present day.

I will say this: Thexan's attitude towards Valkorion is hard to decipher. Arcann's hatred of Valkorion, in spite of being a dark side quality, is almost a redeeming aspect of his character when you consider how awful Valkorion was. There is also this... hard-to-explain thing... where I have incredibly deep respect for someone who repents after making serious mistakes. The worse the mistakes, the more I respect the person who can admit their wrongdoing and try to atone. At the end of the day, though, this doesn't change the millions of deaths Arcann caused. No matter how many angles I try to look at it, I end up at the same conclusion: Thexan seems like the better person.

I would like to know more about Thexan. Maybe Arcann will talk about him sometime.

Edited by Estelindis

That's a difficult question. We know so little about Thexan, compared with what we know of Arcann. Arcann is clearly a more interesting character, based on what we've seen, so as a character I'd go with him.

As a person, I'm not quite so sure. Thexan seems like the better person. He was magnanimous towards his brother, to the extent that Arcann couldn't help loving him in spite of Thexan being better at everything. And he seems like he would've actually been a good Emperor. He did go a-conquering alongside Arcann, but by the time he was killed he'd left far less pain and destruction in his wake than Arcann has by the present day.

I will say this: Thexan's attitude towards Valkorion is hard to decipher. Arcann's hatred of Valkorion, in spite of being a dark side quality, is almost a redeeming aspect of his character when you consider how awful Valkorion was. There is also this... hard-to-explain thing... where I have incredibly deep respect for someone who repents after making serious mistakes. The worse the mistakes, the more I respect the person who can admit their wrongdoing and try to atone. At the end of the day, though, this doesn't change the millions of deaths Arcann caused. No matter how many angles I try to look at it, I end up at the same conclusion: Thexan seems like the better person.

I would like to know more about Thexan. Maybe Arcann will talk about him sometime.

Very nicely said! And I agree about Arcann, though after I read "Brothers" I did swoon over how caring Thexan came across. It was quite touching. and I really loved how he said, "Your dreams are mine" It's a sentence that really stuck with me since I've read it. :)

Arcann's voice actor once tweeted how he found it interesting that they were twins, and he'd like to explore that bond and connection deeper, if it was up to him. I really liked reading that. :o

Wow so much I'd like to respond......

I think Eshvara will remember some months (over a year ago? before KOTET?) when someone randomly compare Arcann shippers to want to be in an abusive relationship... I'm still stunned by that and the The Last Jedi came by and I'm starting to see some similar rhetoric...

It is about fictional characters and entirely fictional extraordinary circumstances. And the chance to explore a romance enemy-friend-lover dynamic like this doesn't come easily... especially in a Bioware game.

Unfortunately I see this kind of rhetoric everytime when there's a "problematic" male LI, Bioware games example: Anders, Solas, Quinn, I don't remember if there's one for Reyes and now Arcann. And yes The Last Jedi, I don't know if this is the place, but I can't help but notice the similarity between Arcann and Kylo Ren's character.

I'm glad that we get to experience the enemy to lover romance for the first time (at least in a Bioware game, don't know if other games have it). I didn't realize this is what I've been waiting for until they hit me on the head with Arcann.

This fierce look bribed me at the very first moments. Arсann reminded me so much of an angry cat, which hisses and growls angrily, thatI immediately wanted to pet him on the bald head.:D

A cat you say? Something I did sometime ago 1,2

i couldnt...Thexan seems to...boring, honestly (and no , not because he didint kill bilions bla bla bla )....he seems too calm...too much like a jedi (of whos ideals i disagree completely)...dono why i see him like that...Arcann is flawed...he has emotions, he feels love, anger, sadness and all....that is what drew me to him...he is more like us then any of the characters in game :) ... he is not perfect, but for me he is (if that makes sense :D)

Anyhow, yeah...i guess Arcanns bagage is what i like , makes any kind of relationship more interesting :p

I agree! I'll take Arcann any day. He's far more interesting and his emotions are very relatable to me(doesn't mean I condone what he did). He's perfect for me too, in his very flawed way.Thexan seems too perfect. The only flaw I could think of is that he might be a little bit compliant(not sure it's the right word) to Valkorion or just don't want to go against him? But that's based on very little information so it's just a guess. I do want to know more about Thexan though. Maybe there's some actual twist to his character that would make him more intersting.

As for Arcann's weapon, I used to give him Thexan's, seems fitting. Now I let him carry the vented defiant lightsaber around because it looks so good on him.

Possibly more TLJ's Kylo Ren than TFA's Kylo Ren. I definitely feel it especially during the throne room scene. :) But I think he have more obvious similarities with Revan than Arcann. And Rey have more similarities with Bastila Shan than my Wrath-Outlander... who wouldn't blind herself with hope that a man would change because her.

Funnily, in my on-going perpetually unfinished fanfic, Arcann and my Wrath did have a Force Bond like in the movie. When Valkorion tried to consume her in KOTFE's Chapter 1, part of her soul was split into Arcann and for years, Arcann kept her psyche safe while he tried to find a way remove his father from her body. It was the voice in KOTET's chapter 9.

I gave Arcann his mother's lightsaber with copper crystal.

---

The only way to know more about Thexan was through Brothers short story. Everyone remembered Thexan differently including the codex entries. I think he would be more like LS Jedi Knight; loyal, heroic, righteous.. and dull... I do think Vaylin care more about Thexan for bringing her toys than pre-DS Arcann who saved her. While I do think Thexan is the perfect older brother who Arcann would look up to and probably spend his entire life trying to live up, but Thexan seemed more comfortable to live under Valkorion's leash whereas Arcann have this fire in him which Thexan doesn't seem to understand. Of course, that blindsided him when Arcann turned to the dark side and he couldn't get through Arcann's rage which proved fatal.

I kinda have a theory that Valkorion split the twins while in the womb; Arcann and Thexan being mirrored version of the same person like Fat Charlie and Spider in Neil Gaiman's Anansi's Boys. Which is what I based my story's Thexan on.

Edited by revkashepard