The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

With all the new NPCs we've been getting, Indigo is someone I wouldn't mind seeing more of, even if he was just a quest NPC. I found him interesting and appealing despite the very brief interaction. Who knows what he might be under that helmet? Always strikes me as interesting when new content hits a similarity with fiction we, or someone we know, is working on. Shine on!

If nothing else it has inspired me to keep writing. Someone out there is reading. ;)

Ah I guess I was lucky with onslaught

While the moral outrage was a bit much for my DS people I didn't like the bombing civilians choice anyway. It's pretty stupid when if you pick the moral outrage choice Acina points out that's more sensible targets to hit. Why the PC couldn't get that as a neutral option in a loyalist playthrough is beyond me. That said I picked it anyway because my loyalist agent is pretty tired of the Sith indiscriminately killing masses of people like they have no sense so he got his kiss at the end. (Lmao at Lana's cough too).

My agent Sab also picked that choice. That said my sab had Mek-Sha work out for the empire. Still got a job well done at the end so it worked for them. (And yeah they still get smooches since they also picked the mass slaughter is bad choice.)

Really should've had a neutral option there that pointed out target priority is a thing.

That said Theron getting mad there doesn't really surprise me? I'm pretty sure he said something similar to the empire could win the war without grinding the republic into dust so him getting upset over a bunch of unnecessary civilian deaths is fitting even if it's not the player's fault.

Ah I guess I was lucky with onslaught

While the moral outrage was a bit much for my DS people I didn't like the bombing civilians choice anyway. It's pretty stupid when if you pick the moral outrage choice Acina points out that's more sensible targets to hit. Why the PC couldn't get that as a neutral option in a loyalist playthrough is beyond me. That said I picked it anyway because my loyalist agent is pretty tired of the Sith indiscriminately killing masses of people like they have no sense so he got his kiss at the end. (Lmao at Lana's cough too).

My agent Sab also picked that choice. That said my sab had Mek-Sha work out for the empire. Still got a job well done at the end so it worked for them. (And yeah they still get smooches since they also picked the mass slaughter is bad choice.)

Really should've had a neutral option there that pointed out target priority is a thing.

That said Theron getting mad there doesn't really surprise me? I'm pretty sure he said something similar to the empire could win the war without grinding the republic into dust so him getting upset over a bunch of unnecessary civilian deaths is fitting even if it's not the player's fault.

Theron's reaction definitely makes sense. In fact, I felt kind of bad for dragging him along to do all this stuff for the Empire, knowing there'd be certain things I'd not be able to prevent and that actively striking against the Republic would be hard on him despite everything. I've seen people argue he has no right to throw a tantrum due to his own actions with the whole Traitor arc but still... I couldn't blame him for being angry with my Warrior and stomping off. I just don't think players had anticipated being robbed of their flirt/kiss moment due to these choices even if it does make sense. Especially saboteurs who are actually working to aid the Republic. It's pretty standard to receive your flirt option if one exists/if you're in a relationship so it hinging on choices here rubs a little.

Screw a kiss moment. I dont care about it. The problem is, that the LS choice there was not any more logical as a way how to prevent a massacre. And I dont want to be uncovered too soon as a saboteur by going full LS in front of an Emperor/Empress and full Dark Council. And previously I even made few DS choices so that Onderon and Mek-Sha dont go under imp rule (and sith councilors died along the way). I still dont understand, how these were DS. If you compare it with the situation above. If it is all about choosing the lesser evil, at least dont make it chaotic. On my saboteur agent Theron has influence level 50. I really dont want to loose him because of some dialogue chaos Bioware made. Not to mention that he walks off angrily and then speaks again about how happy he is, that the Alliance is keeping a distance from the Empire.

Hell I dont even understand, why I have to play the saboteur crap, after my agent served SIS for years and even backed the Republic on Iokath. Empress died because of it. Why am I still an imperial?

Edited by Lukas_H

Ah damn....I should have continued reading this. I didn't want to be spoiled so of course dumbly following the saboteur led to that unhappy ending. On my main :( I chose saboteur because I thought she might give Jonas a heads up but no. Nothing. No communication. That was not the ending I wanted.

Also is anyone else starting to feel bad about these saboteur choices? Like I felt a few pangs watching Anri and the men....and then after I had Lana do a kill at the end on Mek Sha....and you get the gratitude letter. Hoo boy.

I feel like it'll be hard to keep Theron. All those promises of forever by your side, out the window. Ugh.

Ah damn....I should have continued reading this. I didn't want to be spoiled so of course dumbly following the saboteur led to that unhappy ending. On my main :( I chose saboteur because I thought she might give Jonas a heads up but no. Nothing. No communication. That was not the ending I wanted.

Also is anyone else starting to feel bad about these saboteur choices? Like I felt a few pangs watching Anri and the men....and then after I had Lana do a kill at the end on Mek Sha....and you get the gratitude letter. Hoo boy.

I feel like it'll be hard to keep Theron. All those promises of forever by your side, out the window. Ugh.

Yeah I'm really not liking the saboteur option. We don't act rationally (like giving Jonas the information on the bombings or other info as you said) and we're super obvious in our betrayal, like every mission we go on is a catastrophic failure which contradicts our known extremely high level of competence and we just make lame excuses like a little kid caught with his hand in the candy jar (Malgus even sends us an email to this effect). There are moments like when fighting Gnost Dural or Tau where it would make sense to switch sides and fight against Malgus but nope, we help him beat up and capture or kill the Republic's heroes. Why? We are doing more harm than good for the Republic when working inside the Empire (haven't done the Republic saboteur) and we're on the verge of getting ourselves killed with our obviousness. We'd be much more effective if we openly supported the Republic and didn't kill Republic troops etc...

will say this -- and I am not one to be a "fan girl" if you have ever read my posts ..

but The Game is not over yet ... and yes, I made that awful choice too -- not real happy, but like I said -- it isn't over;

lesson learned -- and not to be made again ( I am keeping a list of things not to do with my agent -- I quit with her on Nathema for a reason )

Theron's reaction definitely makes sense. In fact, I felt kind of bad for dragging him along to do all this stuff for the Empire, knowing there'd be certain things I'd not be able to prevent and that actively striking against the Republic would be hard on him despite everything. I've seen people argue he has no right to throw a tantrum due to his own actions with the whole Traitor arc but still... I couldn't blame him for being angry with my Warrior and stomping off. I just don't think players had anticipated being robbed of their flirt/kiss moment due to these choices even if it does make sense. Especially saboteurs who are actually working to aid the Republic. It's pretty standard to receive your flirt option if one exists/if you're in a relationship so it hinging on choices here rubs a little.

Well it's about time we got actual consequences in romances tbh. I don't really mind that as much.

Yeah I mostly am doing the sab option by being competent and blaming the sith (which works rather well lol). I'm not taking every sab option cause yeah need my cover to maintain. So it's working for me but I can see why other people wouldn't go well with it.

(Also screw being forced to be a double agent. Why on earth would my warrior ever agree to that. She's as subtle as a hammer. I ended up having her stay loyalist because the double agent thing doesn't work at all for her. Least I was able to stay independent with her so she's not forced back into a role she outgrew.

But I don't mind dragging him along empire side he was warned and could've dipped out if it bothered him that much :p He made his choice on Iokath lol.

Right? When I met him I was like okay that is kind of cool, but when I found out he was voiced by Troy? Yeah, too strange.

I know we haven't see under his helmet, but please can he be a Chiss? That would make it even more amazing, lol.

I think his neck looks blue.What you think?

Well it's about time we got actual consequences in romances tbh. I don't really mind that as much.

Yeah I mostly am doing the sab option by being competent and blaming the sith (which works rather well lol). I'm not taking every sab option cause yeah need my cover to maintain. So it's working for me but I can see why other people wouldn't go well with it.

(Also screw being forced to be a double agent. Why on earth would my warrior ever agree to that. She's as subtle as a hammer. I ended up having her stay loyalist because the double agent thing doesn't work at all for her. Least I was able to stay independent with her so she's not forced back into a role she outgrew.

But I don't mind dragging him along empire side he was warned and could've dipped out if it bothered him that much :p He made his choice on Iokath lol.

I agree with stronger consequences, my problem is that it wasn't presented as a choice but rather a comment. I had no idea we could prevent the bombings until I went on the forums afterward.

I agree with stronger consequences, my problem is that it wasn't presented as a choice but rather a comment. I had no idea we could prevent the bombings until I went on the forums afterward.

Ah that's fair. I have escapitis so I usually check each option before deciding on one. xD

I have an IA romancing Theron who in response to that choice,

chose the [saboteur] option over the LS option because although she cares for Theron and knows he wants to avoid as many Pub causalities as possible she knows that sometimes when you're playing deep undercover you have to make hard decisions to protect that cover. Does she regret civilians died? Of course but to her it was necessary to protect herself, she can't fight for the "greater good" if she loses that cover too quickly.

On that character if Theron chose to leave her because of these types of decisions or gives her an ultimatum she will chose to maintain her cover over being with him. My other characters are different (way different) but this is just from my saboteurs IA's perspective, it's her own fault for breaking her one rule of not getting attached.

I'm really enjoying reading how other people's characters who are romancing Theron whether they be loyalist or saboteur respond to story situations for their characters. I look forward to seeing how these all continue to branch out even further when more story is released.

I personally thought it would be the best way to stop it because you'd share the plan of attack first with Jonas.

My bad. I'm going to select the option to show ls and ds on the wheel so I'm aware. And escape so I know in the future.

Instead of doing a novel for nanowrimo in November - I'm going to write that she tried to warn them but that they didn't receive the message and the bombing wasn't able to be stopped and then what happened after he stormed off. It'll be a heart breaking little scene to get them back together.

I agree on the Jedi fights...I was like...and now we turn on malgus, but no. No apparently not. We just get threatening letters from Malgus on our behavior. One of these times we won't be walking back out after talking to the sith. We'll be force choked for failure. Like I have been starting to brace myself and wondering if I need things to go right for the Empire. Since I refuse to do that I have started taking ds options like killing the King so he can't be used as a pawn, killing Shaar so Mek Sha is free/not used as a refueling for the imps. I'm starting to not like where this is going.

And my efforts are only rewarded by Jonas. Who calls as you enter the audience chamber. I'm just like :eek: you want me dead? What are you doing?

Edited by americanaussie

I personally thought it would be the best way to stop it because you'd share the plan of attack first with Jonas.

My bad. I'm going to select the option to show ls and ds on the wheel so I'm aware. And escape so I know in the future.

Instead of doing a novel for nanowrimo in November - I'm going to write that she tried to warn them but that they didn't receive the message and the bombing wasn't able to be stopped and then what happened after he stormed off. It'll be a heart breaking little scene to get them back together.

I agree on the Jedi fights...I was like...and now we turn on malgus, but no. No apparently not. We just get threatening letters from Malgus on our behavior. One of these times we won't be walking back out after talking to the sith. We'll be force choked for failure. Like I have been starting to brace myself and wondering if I need things to go right for the Empire. Since I refuse to do that I have started taking ds options like killing the King so he can't be used as a pawn, killing Shaar so Mek Sha is free/not used as a refueling for the imps. I'm starting to not like where this is going.

And my efforts are only rewarded by Jonas. Who calls as you enter the audience chamber. I'm just like :eek: you want me dead? What are you doing?

My 100% LS up until that point inquisitor killed the king too because I guess DS is the only effective way to help the Republic while maintaining cover? ***? Should have killed Shaar too for the same reason :/ and yeah what the hell Jonas? The imperial guards were literally 3 feet away but I guess they can't hear anything through those helmets :rolleyes:

My 100% LS up until that point inquisitor killed the king too because I guess DS is the only effective way to help the Republic while maintaining cover? ***? Should have killed Shaar too for the same reason :/ and yeah what the hell Jonas? The imperial guards were literally 3 feet away but I guess they can't hear anything through those helmets :rolleyes:

I don't know if this is true for everyone but I had Lana as a companion for that end so it gave me the option to have Lana kill Shaar. Then hilarity ensues as everyone Anri and Theron both walk in. Anri and Lana have a bonding moment which is nothing short of hilarious. I cracked up.

It goes like this:

Anri: woah...um...you know what I'm not going to ask.

Lana: oh she's a clever one.

Anri: is this the part where I back talk and you kill me too?

Lana: do you think that's what happened to her?

Anri: no. I think you had to kill her just to get a word in.

Lana: oooh I like her.

Me: me too.

Theron strolls in

Theron: I was bored waiting in the shuttle - woah what happened here? One of those missions huh...

Anri: I find it best not to ask

Lana: he can't ever help himself not to

Theron: yeah ok can we go? This isn't a really safe neighborhood.

Yeah definitely not safe with a decapitated sith on the ground while we all chitchat :p

Then I got Shaar's sweet message and I felt bad momentarily lol

I don't know if this is true for everyone but I had Lana as a companion for that end so it gave me the option to have Lana kill Shaar. Then hilarity ensues as everyone Anri and Theron both walk in. Anri and Lana have a bonding moment which is nothing short of hilarious. I cracked up.

It goes like this:

Anri: woah...um...you know what I'm not going to ask.

Lana: oh she's a clever one.

Anri: is this the part where I back talk and you kill me too?

Lana: do you think that's what happened to her?

Anri: no. I think you had to kill her just to get a word in.

Lana: oooh I like her.

Me: me too.

Theron strolls in

Theron: I was bored waiting in the shuttle - woah what happened here? One of those missions huh...

Anri: I find it best not to ask

Lana: he can't ever help himself not to

Theron: yeah ok can we go? This isn't a really safe neighborhood.

Yeah definitely not safe with a decapitated sith on the ground while we all chitchat :p

Then I got Shaar's sweet message and I felt bad momentarily lol

It gave me that Lana option too but I didn't take it though lol at the result! I'm actually digging the whole Lana/Anri flirtation dynamic, it's pretty cute and it makes Lana seem more human and like she has more of a life beyond our PC.

Bruh my agent pretty much hit the roof at that part. What kind of a fool of an SIS agent did Lana connect him with?

That fool is gonna get the sab caught.

As for Shar I love that Lana part. (Also the throwback to the Sith Warrior questline made me smile).

Edited by Raynezazki

Bruh my agent pretty much hit the roof at that part. What kind of a fool of an SIS agent did Lana connect him with?

That fool is gonna get the sab caught.

lol my agent lost the plot at that point too! :D

In all seriousness, Jonas feels like an almost totally different character compared with his trooper class story incarnation. Since he was reintroduced for this saboteur plot, he feels sleazier and overall a worse secret agent. He comes across as manipulative in a bad way, as trying to manipulate but not really succeeding rather than simply being likeable or pleasantly flirty. I liked him before and I really do not like him now.

well as a "spy" -- even as a BH "spy" ..

I found I had to kill Darth Sharr ( or rather I let Lana do it) -- dead men tell no tales ... and I think after Malgus loses his "restraining bolt " so to speak, that the Empire ( and the Republic) will have a LOT more to worry about than a

possible mole in the Empire (me) ---

Also I asked Charles in a tweet why I didn't get to chose to go back to the Empire at the end (thinking I had done something wrong)

.. he basically said that only as a loyalist could I have been invited back into the Empire ... OR as a saboteur, had chosen NOT to sabotage my own faction on Corellia -- and then they would have asked me in;

he didn't say whether or not we would get that chance again, so as far as I can tell -- we don't ...

and remember, we now answer directly to the Emperor, which is sweet for any saboteur in my opinion, such wonderful possibilities !

In all seriousness, Jonas feels like an almost totally different character compared with his trooper class story incarnation. Since he was reintroduced for this saboteur plot, he feels sleazier and overall a worse secret agent. He comes across as manipulative in a bad way, as trying to manipulate but not really succeeding rather than simply being likeable or pleasantly flirty. I liked him before and I really do not like him now.

Agreed, it's weird he's like this dumb horndog humping the leg of anything that has a pulse. Definitely seems like a different character than the one we met in the trooper story.

Oh he's defo bad. I was gonna have my warrior at least try to be a double agent but he turned me right off. I could just see her force choking him to death then leaving lol. She'll just have to remain her honorable demon self with the empire lol.

Also yeah I'm shipping LanaxAnri pretty hard too lol. She should have someone instead of having to watch my PC and Theron swap spit all the time lol.

Edited by Raynezazki

Also yeah I'm shipping LanaxAnri pretty hard too lol. She should have someone instead of having to watch my PC and Theron swap spit all the time lol.

Maybe then she'll stop interrupting them lol if we get an option to "a-hem-hem can we focus" to HER I'm definitely taking it :D

Perhaps in a shocking twist Jonas is actually the ultimate big bad of the new story?

On my Imp Saboteur I get the feeling he's only working with us because it suits him and when we're of no more use to him he'll throw us under the bus.

Agreed, it's weird he's like this dumb horndog humping the leg of anything that has a pulse. Definitely seems like a different character than the one we met in the trooper story.

Agreed, he seems to have lost that real charm that made my Fem Trooper swoon all those years ago.

Agreed, he seems to have lost that real charm that made my Fem Trooper swoon all those years ago.

In my more cynical moments I think it's because the developers don't want the straight ladies and gay guys to have any attractive, fun flirts. Now, I haven't started the new story, so this is may change, but it seems there is a whole roster of appealing ladies to flirt with, but for guys we get Malgus and General Shark do, do, do do do and then they go and ruin Balkar who was one of the few solid non-romance flirts from vanilla.

More likely the writers just don't know how to right a fun, charismatic, flirty guy and never understood what was appealing about Balkar in the first place. They missed the mark on more returning characters than they nailed.