The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

I don't think they talked about companions at all during the presentation. Early on they asked Theron fans to cheer... and then asked for the people who killed Theron to cheer. That was about it. Personally I get kind of annoyed when they act like being able to kill companions is a good thing. Especially since it's a complete lie that people who choose to keep them aren't affected by it.

Thanks for the update.

Cheer if you killed Theron... :rolleyes: I missed the very beginning so didn't even see that part. Glad to see we're all just a big joke to them for those who do like characters who can be killed. Surprised they didn't say, 3 cheers for all you awesome peeps who killed Theron, Koth and Quinn!! I stand by my statement earlier in the thread that any new male companion in the future is just living on borrowed time because they'll be killed off to.

My subscription is almost up. But I wanted to share with you what I wrote as my reasons. Below is copy/paste of my final words with Bioware:

You treat female straight players like we are an anomaly. From the beginning of this game female players mostly had boring or not interesting romances. There was always something wrong with the love interest that was a major turn off. You made sure though to give MALE players BETTER romances, good looking love interests and multiple love interests/triangles. They didn't have to deal with love interests with issues. You made sure that NO ONE betrayed the male player's love. There are exceptions. At least the writer for the bounty huntress was good with Torian. Doc was good too. Quinn would have been good if you didn't make him a betrayer. Then we finally get Theron - he is for everyone. No flaws, problems, quirks, weirdness and good looking. I guess he was too perfect because you decided to KILL him off! You have literally put kill options in for MOST of our male love interests.

You RUINED Theron Shan's character and completely cut him out of future content. In Jedi Under Siege, I got a stupid flippin' hug from him while anyone who romanced Lana got a sunset walk and two kissing scenes!

You don't listen to your players who have threads upon threads in your forums sharing their disappointment with how you have treated love interests.

I don't see the reason to keep playing or paying a subscription fee for weak content, boring stories, lack of interaction with companions I like, and being forced to basically only have one companion to converse with -Lana.

Bring back my killed-off-through-story love interests and write them into interesting content, then maybe I will subscribe and play again.

Additionally, there are numerous upon numerous bugs in the game that have been there for so long and never get fixed. Then when you get around to fixing one - you break another part of the game that worked just fine before. Do you even have a QA team to test anything before launching it?

Edited by Swingkittie

My subscription is almost up. But I wanted to share with you what I wrote as my reasons. Below is copy/paste of my final words with Bioware:

You treat female straight players like we are an anomaly. From the beginning of this game female players mostly had boring or not interesting romances. There was always something wrong with the love interest that was a major turn off. You made sure though to give MALE players BETTER romances, good looking love interests and multiple love interests/triangles. They didn't have to deal with love interests with issues. You made sure that NO ONE betrayed the male player's love. There are exceptions. At least the writer for the bounty huntress was good with Torian. Doc was good too. Quinn would have been good if you didn't make him a betrayer.

You know, I actually feel the exact same way. Correct me if I was wrong but BH LIs were equal and put on the same level as each other. Torian even has more content than Mako though with the price of him potentially getting killed off. I don't even want to talk about Doc

because he is so controversial I don't want to derail the thread but I really liked him as well.

and my problem with Quinn was just how the writing handled the betrayal in vanilla SWTOR. As you said, Theron did seem to be the first sign of things finally going well for non-straight male players. But recent developments had showed us to not be the case. I'm interested in the new expansion that they announced but would be the point of me going through it if Theron is not going to be around like how he was for Jedi Under Siege?

I don't think they talked about companions at all during the presentation. Early on they asked Theron fans to cheer... and then asked for the people who killed Theron to cheer. That was about it. Personally I get kind of annoyed when they act like being able to kill companions is a good thing. Especially since it's a complete lie that people who choose to keep them aren't affected by it.

I can see why people would cheer for killing their companions, basically it's perfect for them, they get to get rid off companions they don't like without any ill consequences for them.

But why would people who basically lost all their LIs cheer about them ? In the end we lost everything : we chose not to kill them, but they disapeared anyways.

Seriously seeing Aric, Torian and Koth (even if he was not one of my main's lover) disapear was bad enough, but Theron was the one last male LI, and the only one for my main.

I also feel really bad for gay characters, all their potential LIs have kill options and Theron was the only one of them who actually had a decent amount of content.

And now, what's the point to even think of going into a new romance with a potential new male LI as he'll probably get a kill option at some point anyways :(

You made sure though to give MALE players BETTER romances, good looking love interests and multiple love interests/triangles. They didn't have to deal with love interests with issues. You made sure that NO ONE betrayed the male player's love. There are exceptions. At least the writer for the bounty huntress was good with Torian. Doc was good too. Quinn would have been good if you didn't make him a betrayer. Then we finally get Theron - he is for everyone. No flaws, problems, quirks, weirdness and good looking. I guess he was too perfect because you decided to KILL him off! You have literally put kill options in for MOST of our male love interests.

You RUINED Theron Shan's character and completely cut him out of future content. In Jedi Under Siege, I got a stupid flippin' hug from him while anyone who romanced Lana got a sunset walk and two kissing scenes !

Well romances appreciation is subjective, while it's pretty obvious they tried to make every female LI attractive while some males are not so much (but this is also subjective).

I haven't played all the male PC-female LI romances, but so far i liked none of the ones i tried, mostly due to too many power imbalance problems between the male PC and their female LI : there's nearly always the male PC in a position of power over their LI, wich is pretty distasteful for me. I think the only exceptions being Kaliyo (which i dispise), Risha, Akaavi and probably Kira and Lana too.

While imo, Aric is one of the best, he's very sweet and caring once you get past that grumpy wall. Vector is the best thing that happened to my IA, Torian, i like that romance very much as well. And Theron is just perfect for my JK. Arcann, well not enough romance content to juge, but i like it so far (even is he's very controversial as a character)

Doc on the other hand, there is nothing i find attractive about him, which made Theron even better for my JK.

For the rest, i fully agree with you though.

A kill option is the most stupid thing they ever did with Theron, he should've been as unkillable as Lana, especially since he risked everything to save the Commander and the Alliance, while Lana was all like "grr i'm going to kill him and make him suffer" (which quite tainted my JK's friendship with her), it was just supid, pointless and gratuitous :mad:

For now i'll enjoy my last days of subscription and wait as a prefered to see what's to come (the only good thing so far is Nautolans as a playable specy), and if story is good with some decent content for potentially dead LIs i'll reconsider paying a sub, but for now i see no point in paying for things i don't care about (like ops, gear or more Lana)

Edited by Goreshaga

That honestly makes me depressed. :(

While I certainly understand that we all have our favorites and non-favorites in companions, cheering that you killed someone else's favorite feels just odd, and bit awful.

That honestly makes me depressed. :(

While I certainly understand that we all have our favorites and non-favorites in companions, cheering that you killed someone else's favorite feels just odd, and bit awful.

It's tone deaf. We've been talking for years about how unhappy we are with losing our loved ones when they add in a kill option, so what to they do? They glory in it. "Have a little salt in your wounds." It would have been entertaining if they had asked how many people want to kill Lana instead. :rolleyes:

There were at least 4 Theron's last night and only 2 Lana's so ha, more Theron love. The panel did not really talk about companions. They just discussed 6.0 and all the upcoming changes. I did speak to Charles in person and passed along our love for Theron and our wish for more content with him. He couldn't give me details but it is something they are working on.

There were at least 4 Theron's last night and only 2 Lana's so ha, more Theron love. The panel did not really talk about companions. They just discussed 6.0 and all the upcoming changes. I did speak to Charles in person and passed along our love for Theron and our wish for more content with him. He couldn't give me details but it is something they are working on.

I hope you all boo'd them when they said cheer if you killed Theron.

The panel did not really talk about companions. They just discussed 6.0 and all the upcoming changes.

I find it strange that they didn't mention companions at all, the feeling I get here and in other places that discuss the game there is a lot of people wanting more time/conversations with companions and for the MIA to be brought back ASAP.

I find it strange that they didn't mention companions at all, the feeling I get here and in other places that discuss the game there is a lot of people wanting more time/conversations with companions and for the MIA to be brought back ASAP.

I spoke to Charles Boyd after the panel and brought up concerns about LI's. He couldn't give specifics because there are still original companions that need to return. But he knows that they are important and he has plans for them.

I spoke to Charles Boyd after the panel and brought up concerns about LI's. He couldn't give specifics because there are still original companions that need to return. But he knows that they are important and he has plans for them.

Who hasn't returned aside from the obvious Kira and Scourge? Alsd, tackling onto male LI vs female LI debate, did anybody else also notice how the female LI has the most plot significance within their own storylines? The very same guy I mentioned earlier who breaks this pattern once again is Torian. I wish the other writers took notes from the BH writer.

Edited by Ackerprincess

Who hasn't returned aside from the obvious Kira and Scourge? Alsd, tackling onto male LI vs female LI debate, did anybody else also notice how the female LI has the most plot significance within their own storylines? The very same guy I mentioned earlier who breaks this pattern once again is Torian. I wish the other writers took notes from the BH writer.

Tharan Cedrax and Zenith are also still missing.

D: I decided to skip straight to Ossus on my new Trooper after finishing his class story because I'd already gone through it all once with another Trooper and Theron has disappeared on him. :eek: He's nowhere to be found on his contact list despite showing at the base and showing up in the cutscene with Lana and Daeruun. Ack, if I'd known this would happen I would have slogged through all the story again. He's not on the terminal either. :confused:

This Trooper might not be romancing him but I miss him already (and I can't get 4X back either with him gone.)

D: I decided to skip straight to Ossus on my new Trooper after finishing his class story because I'd already gone through it all once with another Trooper and Theron has disappeared on him. :eek: He's nowhere to be found on his contact list despite showing at the base and showing up in the cutscene with Lana and Daeruun. Ack, if I'd known this would happen I would have slogged through all the story again. He's not on the terminal either. :confused:

This Trooper might not be romancing him but I miss him already (and I can't get 4X back either with him gone.)

Don't think I've had that bug before but I've heard others having it :(. Did the ever post a fix for it? If I remember correctly if you skip the "traitor arc" FP's the default choice I thought was that Theron lives but do you let him live and then banish him? Anyone know? I'm leveling a new JK up to 70 with double XP before jumping him straight into Ossus myself so interested to see if Theron is there.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Don't think I've had that bug before but I've heard others having it :(. Did the ever post a fix for it? If I remember correctly if you skip the "traitor arc" FP's the default choice I thought was that Theron lives but do you let him live and then banish him? Anyone know? I'm leveling a new JK up to 70 with double XP before jumping him straight into Ossus myself so interested to see if Theron is there.

I skipped my Jedi Knight straight to Ossus (she only got as far as SoR) and all my companions, including Theron, and the ones from Iokath/Copero were there (except Torian because Vette was the default save). I had to do "Find a Findsman" then it unlocked all the alliance alerts for me.

I skipped my Jedi Knight straight to Ossus (she only got as far as SoR) and all my companions, including Theron, and the ones from Iokath/Copero were there (except Torian because Vette was the default save). I had to do "Find a Findsman" then it unlocked all the alliance alerts for me.

Yeah I did the Finds a Findsman quest and I got everyone I should have from skipping (even Lord Dramath is in my contact list, I would have thought a Pub would have released him) but no Theron. Finished Jedi under Siege and that didn't bring Theron back, and even tried KOTFE 8/9 no dice, and the Theron heavy chapters of KOTET did nothing either. :( He shows in the JUS cutscene and on the Alliance base so he's clearly still alive and with my character just... not on his contacts. :confused:

Edited by Farferello

Yeah I did the Finds a Findsman quest and I got everyone I should have from skipping (even Lord Dramath is in my contact list, I would have thought a Pub would have released him) but no Theron. Finished Jedi under Siege and that didn't bring Theron back, and even tried KOTFE 8/9 no dice, and the Theron heavy chapters of KOTET did nothing either. :( He shows in the JUS cutscene and on the Alliance base so he's clearly still alive and with my character just... not on his contacts. :confused:

I'd send in a bug report though if it's a Theron specific bug I wouldn't expect it to be fixed. If it was a Lana issue it'd be fixed right away. They fixed her Nathema marriage bug by having a droid/mission to sort it out, the Theron romance/marriage bug on Nathema...well nothing they can do about that. Let's fix Lana's bug right away but Theron's? Nah. It's not like I'm still salty about it...:rolleyes:

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I'd send in a bug report though if it's a Theron specific bug I wouldn't expect it to be fixed. If it was a Lana issue it'd be fixed right away. They fixed her Nathema marriage bug by having a droid/mission to sort it out, the Theron romance/marriage bug on Nathema...well nothing they can do about that. Let's fix Lana's bug right away but Theron's? Nah. It's not like I'm still salty about it...:rolleyes:

Yup, I've reported it and sent a ticket so... I won't hold my breath. It's not a huge issue right now as this Trooper doesn't use him as a companion, but if I need to talk to him down the line for whatever story stuff, I'm out of luck. :( I'm very lucky I never had the romance issues but I feel for those who got hit for it and never got it fixed (whilst Lana had 1? 2? attempts to fix it including the marriage bit? ugh)

Well my sub ended today, so i don't know for how long i'll still be able to post.

Dunno if i'll resub in a few days, a few weeks, for the Nautolans / 6.0 (whichever comes first) or never.

It'll mainly depend on wether we'll be able to keep the Alliance or not (because there's absolutely no way my former JK is giving up on her spy to go back to being a Jedi again) and on wether our LIs (and mainly Theron) get more than 3 lines and a hug in the upcoming storylines.

It's been nice talking with you all Theronmancer, and keep the love for our idiot spy going, i'll be lurking over here, even if i can't talk anymore :D

Edited by Goreshaga

As i modified some of my JK's features (mainly haircut, haircolour and eye colour), i was re-recording some of the KOTFE chapters, and was standing next to Theron before recording one of the scnenes when this happened. He looks like he's whispering something in her ear, i though they looked cute like this and had to screen that :p Edited by Goreshaga

As i modified some of my JK's features (mainly haircut, haircolour and eye colour), i was re-recording some of the KOTFE chapters, and was standing next to Theron before recording one of the scnenes when this happened. He looks like he's whispering something in her ear, i though they looked cute like this and had to screen that :p

Be still my heart! I love that screenshot. ❤

Do you know which chapter this is from?

Edited by rachetsw

As i modified some of my JK's features (mainly haircut, haircolour and eye colour), i was re-recording some of the KOTFE chapters, and was standing next to Theron before recording one of the scnenes when this happened. He looks like he's whispering something in her ear, i though they looked cute like this and had to screen that :p

Dawww it looks awesome.