The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

I like how you described them. The one with the ships is interesting. And I really like the description of the one on his chest.

It is funny, I have 1 tattoo on my arm, and I have 7 ideas for future tattoos and placements. But I just can't commit to 1 for Jen or Theron, lol. But my SW, who would never get a tattoo before Kotfe, because Quinn would worry about all the risks, is the one that has one. Go figure.

I like how you described them. The one with the ships is interesting. And I really like the description of the one on his chest.

It is funny, I have 1 tattoo on my arm, and I have 7 ideas for future tattoos and placements. But I just can't commit to 1 for Jen or Theron, lol. But my SW, who would never get a tattoo before Kotfe, because Quinn would worry about all the risks, is the one that has one. Go figure.

My SW (a white-skinned Twi'lek) is covered, head to toe, in organic striping. It's often described as reminding people of a krak'yja cat. Consequently, so is her twin sister (my Knight), which is odd considering they were separated at birth. Theron almost fell over when he met Akori'ira on Yavin Four because he thought she was my Knight (Raz). The tattoos aren't identical, but they're close enough to be creepy.

Edited by Dracofish

That's how the story seemed to play out for me. :)

Mostly the same for me. My headcanon and fiction do stand somewhat apart because in the freedom of fiction I've kinda driven in-game events away from how they normally play out.

Essentially, headcanon-wise, my Light Side Knight was pretty much living by the code though she has enjoyed many a conversation with Lord Scourge about attachments, relationships, love, and passion. Something she'd begun to open up to post class story but at the same time, there wasn't really anyone who caught her attention. There was a draw to Lord Scourge but, well, that's problematic and she was never sure whether it was the idea of him, and his enticing words, or actually him that she felt a pull for. Maybe even a combination of all of the above.

Enter the preludes and meeting Theron, who caught her eye immediately on a superficial level. She warmed at the look in his eyes. Found him easy to get along with and pleasant to have in her ears during the operations. As time goes on, Manaan, Rakata Prime, Manaan again she finds she's actually looking forward to meeting up with him again even if the reasons for doing so are less than ideal. When he disappears between Manaan and Rishi to go off the grid with the others, she starts to realize her feelings for him go beyond just enjoying his company as she does with her crew. It's more and once reunited on Rishi, her heart's damn near jumping out of her chest it's beating so fast. Then the biggest kicker comes when Lana has him abducted and my Jedi who's normally fairly calm and reasonable finds this aching urge to Force-choke the hell out of Lana. Once he's been rescued she confesses her feelings, as he does his.

Rishi is where it really blossomed for her and Theron and by Yavin, they're seeing each other on the down-low but there's a history of constantly losing touch as well. Throughout SoR when he has to go into hiding, his radio silence leading up to Ziost, the events of Ziost itself putting quite the dampener on their growing relationship due to outside circumstances and then, of course, KOTFE happens. Their love is solidified and becomes pretty much official once they reunite on Odessen but there's still a war looming over their heads.

After Vaylin and Valkorion have been dealt with and my JK takes the throne, she believes it's finally time for them to really enjoy their relationship. The big threats are gone, there are no scrutinizing stares from other Jedi or even Theron's mother and they can finally move forward and have a future. And then the betrayal happens.

Needless to say that once he proposes, regardless of the timing and whether it seems rushed, she's more than ready, they both are. They want to be together always, they know how short life can be, they know the next threat or war could be lying just around the corner trying to split them up again so that moment of peace and quiet needs to be taken advantage of and lived. To take that step forward.

• Like 1

But my SW, who would never get a tattoo before Kotfe, because Quinn would worry about all the risks, is the one that has one. Go figure.

My Quinns are all dark horses who would probably buy their warriors tattoos for their birthdays! :D

Mostly the same for me. My headcanon and fiction do stand somewhat apart because in the freedom of fiction I've kinda driven in-game events away from how they normally play out.

Essentially, headcanon-wise, my Light Side Knight was pretty much living by the code though she has enjoyed many a conversation with Lord Scourge about attachments, relationships, love, and passion. Something she'd begun to open up to post class story but at the same time, there wasn't really anyone who caught her attention. There was a draw to Lord Scourge but, well, that's problematic and she was never sure whether it was the idea of him, and his enticing words, or actually him that she felt a pull for. Maybe even a combination of all of the above.

Enter the preludes and meeting Theron, who caught her eye immediately on a superficial level. She warmed at the look in his eyes. Found him easy to get along with and pleasant to have in her ears during the operations. As time goes on, Manaan, Rakata Prime, Manaan again she finds she's actually looking forward to meeting up with him again even if the reasons for doing so are less than ideal. When he disappears between Manaan and Rishi to go off the grid with the others, she starts to realize her feelings for him go beyond just enjoying his company as she does with her crew. It's more and once reunited on Rishi, her heart's damn near jumping out of her chest it's beating so fast. Then the biggest kicker comes when Lana has him abducted and my Jedi who's normally fairly calm and reasonable finds this aching urge to Force-choke the hell out of Lana. Once he's been rescued she confesses her feelings, as he does his.

Rishi is where it really blossomed for her and Theron and by Yavin, they're seeing each other on the down-low but there's a history of constantly losing touch as well. Throughout SoR when he has to go into hiding, his radio silence leading up to Ziost, the events of Ziost itself putting quite the dampener on their growing relationship due to outside circumstances and then, of course, KOTFE happens. Their love is solidified and becomes pretty much official once they reunite on Odessen but there's still a war looming over their heads.

After Vaylin and Valkorion have been dealt with and my JK takes the throne, she believes it's finally time for them to really enjoy their relationship. The big threats are gone, there are no scrutinizing stares from other Jedi or even Theron's mother and they can finally move forward and have a future. And then the betrayal happens.

Needless to say that once he proposes, regardless of the timing and whether it seems rushed, she's more than ready, they both are. They want to be together always, they know how short life can be, they know the next threat or war could be lying just around the corner trying to split them up again so that moment of peace and quiet needs to be taken advantage of and lived. To take that step forward.

JennyF what a wonderful "headcanon" :) I completely agree with your views on the player character, Theron and Rishi. I always consider Rishi to be 'Theron's place" and I can't wait to get the

Rishi stronghold. (I'm not sure if that's common knowledge or a rumour hence spoiler tags)

I intend for that to become my main's & her Theron's new house (at the moment they are hanging out in the Tatooine stronghold).

I didn't think the proposal was rushed; I thought it really suited Theron's character. And since my main is a Sith Inq I liked how they made her upfront about asking him if that's what he meant.

My Quinns are all dark horses who would probably buy their warriors tattoos for their birthdays! :D

JennyF what a wonderful "headcanon" :) I completely agree with your views on the player character, Theron and Rishi. I always consider Rishi to be 'Theron's place" and I can't wait to get the

Rishi stronghold. (I'm not sure if that's common knowledge or a rumour hence spoiler tags)

I intend for that to become my main's & her Theron's new house (at the moment they are hanging out in the Tatooine stronghold).

I didn't think the proposal was rushed; I thought it really suited Theron's character. And since my main is a Sith Inq I liked how they made her upfront about asking him if that's what he meant.

haha xD I have my SW's quinn completely flabbergasted by the fact she has so many sith-tattoo's , she still "feels" the memory of the pain she went through getting them. She got hers via Ziost's sith pincerbugs' burning venom rather then ink, and were forced by her mum because ancient tradition (mostly head canon, I think they're mentioned once somewhere in Legends and I just ran with the idea xD )

On Rishi, yup that's Theron and Saf's place. Very important to my lady warrior lol, in terms of their relationship starting there and she wants to be married there.

really looking forward to that stronghold!! if it's any good it'll be my main house on my warrior too.

I always envisioned Rishi as the lead-up, and Yavin Four as the actual hook-up, lol.

My headcanon is a bit more dark, where I had Theron questioning everything he'd always believed about the war and the differences between the factions. He never expected to meet a Sith like her (considering he's assassinated two other Dark Council members). My SI is very much like Marr, he's actually her father figure, so she's honorable, and wants to see her people into the future and move away from old, time-worn traditions. She has no patience for games and backstabbing, and can't stand the idea of Imperial bootlicking (she came to the whole Sith gig at 18, so the groveling thing just makes her uncomfortable). Theron saw that, and told her that he wanted to go with her, that he would have left it all behind, but she wouldn't let him ruin his life for her. She ripped off the band-aid and told him no...and then left, thinking she was doing the right thing by him. It broke both of their hearts, and sent him on a rather drunken shame spiral. Enter what I've said already in this thread about Theron being afraid of opening his heart and getting hurt.

(It also threw a major wrench into her relationship with Andronikos because even though they for all intents and purposes had an open relationship up to that point, Feelings™ for another had never come up before...it turned into a giant mess but worked out in the end for them...actually resulting in their relationship moving to another stage with the "L" word and more defined perameters)

Lelu assumed she'd never see Theron again...and then Ziost happens. I don't like how BioWare did Ziost as a whole, with Theron having Magic Plot Armor™ that makes no sense, etc. so I'm going to be changing it up a bit. In the end, Theron winds up on Lelu's ship...with her and Andronikos. Awkwardness ensues, conversations are had, decisions are made, yada yada...and then she winds up in carbonite. Theron and Andronikos are left behind...and that's how their friendship starts. I'm actually planning on writing my own version of what happens during the five year span, and the foundations of the Alliance, since we were never really given much to go on. That way, I get to develop the bromance with Theron and Andronikos...as well as other characters I've written, such as Pierce and my Warrior (Pierce is also good friends with Nik), Scourge and my Knight, and a whole slew of other original's.

Speaking of strongholds, I'm still waiting for Alderaan. I'd gladly give up all of them short of the DK apartment just to have one in the alpine mountains.

Edited by Dracofish

My character simply realized how much she cared about Theron on Rishi, before they even "get together" briefly at end Rishi/during Yavin 4. It was the feelings, caring about someone else other then Vette and being drawn to 'the enemy' that made Rishi incredibly important to her.. to both really, as they both struggle through the opposing factions, and sith stuff. they weren't 'together' but there was so much going on to lead them to forward to Yavin 4.

Part of me still wants a resort on Makeb xD other then that Rishi and Zakuul palace were my only other wishes in the stronghold department.

Thank you, the romance makes me so happy. ♥

I too am looking forward to Rishi. I like the aesthetics of the planet anyways but the history there with Theron... yeah, it's our place always. So I was *thrilled* when Charles announced it.

I always envisioned Rishi as the lead-up, and Yavin Four as the actual hook-up, lol.

Speaking of strongholds, I'm still waiting for Alderaan. I'd gladly give up all of them short of the DK apartment just to have one in the alpine mountains.

I feel the same for my JK and Theron, Rishi is where they realize that the attraction is mutual, and Yavin is where they loose every bits of control they still had over their feeilings.

And I'm all for an Alderaan stronghold too, considering my JK is from Alderaan, that'd be perfect for me.

So far, they're just hanging out in my Yavin stronghold, event though i haven't unlocked everything and my stuff in there sucks a bit :'(

Edited by Goreshaga

I feel the same for my JK and Theron, Rishi is where they realize that the attraction is mutual, and Yavin is where they loose every bits of control they still had over their feeilings.

And I'm all for an Alderaan stronghold too, considering my JK is from Alderaan, that'd be perfect for me.

So far, they're just hanging out in my Yavin stronghold, event though i haven't unlocked everything and my stuff in there sucks a bit :'(

I have all of the strongholds (except the train *shivers*) and they're fully unlocked, but the only one I've bothered to go crazy with decorating is the DK apartment. I really love that one, and that's where my SI and Andronikos called "home" for years, when they weren't away.

But, in my story Andronikos knows how much she loves to just blend in and get away from being "Darth Nox", if only for a while, and they also have a Nexu that needs room to run, so he bought a lot of land on Alderaan up in the mountains (she doesn't know about it yet). They have a lot of good memories on that planet, so it made sense to him.

Theron also prefers it over Dromund Kaas (for obvious reasons). He's been to the apartment on DK a few times and his descriptor for it is "sharp", lol. But you would never guess a Sith (or a pirate) lived in the cabin on Alderaan -

From my one-shot, Petrichor, which is from my Knight, Raz's, perspective. She and Scourge took a few days off after his cure and spent their time there because Scourge was...less than able to be seen in public... :p

She did have to admit it though, the house was stunningly beautiful, and the last place she ever expected a Sith, or a pirate, or a spy for that matter, to call home. Black leather, vinyl, lots of red, maybe some sharp objects and a view of a darkened city skyline, absolutely. But not the floor-to-ceiling polished woodwork, the airy rafters, and the warm stone fireplace she saw before her, not to mention the lavish, earth-toned rugs topped with furniture that just begged to be curled up into with a blanket and a holonovel. And most certainly not the giant, wall-sized window with an ostentatiously unbroken view of the snow-capped Juran Mountains. And pine trees. Pine trees everywhere. As far as the eye could see. It was a literal vacation poster.

And for someone who rarely was able to enjoy any sort of down-time, it was also a refuge, an escape. It showed a side of the Commander that so very few ever got to see. Even so, the Sith had seemed sad being there. She'd wanted nothing to do with the master bedroom, and had offered it up to Raz and Scourge immediately. The house was hers, theirs she supposed, but technically, it belonged to someone they'd lost along the way.

The first night they'd stayed there, just the four of them, Raz had overheard her and Theron talking about Andronikos again, and how being there, on Alderaan and in that house, brought all of the pain of the pirate's absence fresh to the surface, like rubbing salt in an open wound that would never heal. Then she'd heard Theron promise to find the man, that he'd never give up looking until they could bring him home. It all sounded very much like something he'd said to her many times before. Things had gone quiet after that, and Raz had tried not to notice the distinct lack of the passionate crime-scene-in-the-making noises that typically drove everybody to avoid going anywhere near the couple during their alone time.

Edited by Dracofish

I voted for Jadus. Sorry but neither moms are all that stellar in the parenting department in my eyes. Senya, while I understand her motives for getting away from Valkorion, should have never left her children behind. She should have stayed for them, not leave them to suffer his mistreatment. And Satele... Yeah, yeah, Jedi rules etc. but maybe she should have considered those rules before spreading her legs rather than chase her hormones or passions and then abandon the consequences, her child. Edited by JennyFlynn

I voted for Jadus. Sorry but neither moms are all that stellar in the parenting department in my eyes. Senya, while I understand her motives for getting away from Valkorion, should have never left her children behind. She should have stayed for them, not leave them to suffer his mistreatment. And Satele... Yeah, yeah, Jedi rules etc. but maybe she should have considered those rules before spreading her legs rather than chase her hormones or passions and then abandon the consequences, her child.

In Senya’s defense, at that time she didn’t know Valkorion had a dark side, only that he had been distant lately. She gave the kids a choice between parents, and they chose him. The kids were old enough to understand their choice. And by that time she had already realized Vaylin was too much for her to handle.

I have no defense for Satele. Ngani Zho was a much better mother.

Hm, hard choice, neither of them was a good mother, they both abandoned their children.

Though, one of them made sure her son would have a good parent, and the other did everything she could to at least try to save her children.

I'd call it even on this one.

But, Satele is a mother figure for my JK, so i'd say that she was a better mother for her than she was for Theron.

My Jedi Knight looked up to Satele a lot and saw her as a mother figure of sorts until she found out about Theron. She doesn't judge Satele for having found love at some point (assuming it was love) but she does feel Satele could have handled it better than she did. She can even understand that Satele couldn't keep or raise him herself but she could have made more of an effort to be a part of his life, to be involved somehow and she didn't do that either. She still treats him like a mere stranger and mostly waves him off if you mention him on Odessen. So, nope.

As for Senya, it's been a while since any of my characters have had that conversation with her so I don't remember the exact details but I still do not agree with her choice either. Perhaps the kids were old enough but, speaking from some experience, it is also a really difficult choice to make as a child no matter how old you are--whether to stay with your dad or go with your mother. I'm glad she came to Arcann's aid in the end, honestly, even if that meant betraying me because that really touched me and I will never hold it against her, big reason why he always survives and my SW does look up to her but yeah, can't say I'd crown her mother of the year either.

Edited by JennyFlynn

I have a ton of respect for Satele, even if I don't like her choices it shows often that she doesn't either but she's accepted and lives with the choices she made. Not many people can be strong enough to live with the consequences of their choices, regret is everywhere in the books and comics. Can't be easy for her, she cares about her son and is proud of him. The jedi may have won, but at least she found him a father to raise him even if it wsn't his biological one.

Senya, poor Senya, I have utmost respect for her too. The choices she went through were also less then easy, worried about her kids but they chose their father every time.

I like Satele as a Jedi, as much as I can like any Jedi, but as a person, her actions were inexcusable. She robbed both Jace and Theron of a relationship that was their right to have. Jace has a dark side? And we all don't? Sorry...not an excuse. Jace deserved to know about his son. Deserved to have a relationship with his son. We all know he would have wanted it. And Theron deserved to have a father.

Yes, Satele feels remorse for not being able to have a relationship with her son, and I don't doubt that she loves him, but as she holds him at arm's length, always dangling herself and the hope of more in front of him, she's constantly reminding him that he's not good enough (in his eyes). Can you imagine how that must feel? Knowing someone is your mother, and wanting that contact (probably more than anything else), but only getting cold, emotionless...nothing...in response? Like that's not going to majorly mess with someone's head.

And he wasn't abandoned once. He was abandoned twice. First by Satele, and then by Zho and the Order. "Oh, you're as blind to the force as a dung heap? Well, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. Toodles!" To a fourteen year old boy. That's awesome. They could have found something for him. But nope. He wasn't good enough. Again.

There's really no contest. If the choices were Satele and a rock, I'd probably choose the rock.

Edited by Dracofish

Can you imagine how that must feel? Knowing someone is your mother, and wanting that contact (probably more than anything else), but only getting cold, emotionless...nothing...in response? Like that's not going to majorly mess with someone's head.

Actually I know exactly how it feels, this is like a synopsis of my entire life. As well as how it feels to never be good enough for a mother, and never meet my biological father due to my own mother's issues with him. I don't agree with my own mother's choices either but I respect her sticking to her guns and living with them and the consequences they brought, not grovelling or changing in whiplash to please someone else. I despise her, I have all my life. it doesn't excuse the actions, or choices, never said it did. She never made excuses, she regrets a lot of it but there's no forgiveness even if I respect what she went through. I could never do that, and if I did it would destroy me.

Satele is nowhere near as bad as my mother, but there's similarities, the differences I respect, she does reach out as a friend to connect with her son more after Yavin 4, thanks to that she can feel his death. And Theron states often he moved on from that hurt and came to terms with Satele's choices as a kid, and like me that doesn't mean he likes it, and he can bring it up like I do even if it is no longer such an issue in his life. But I don't see him at all as still being hurt or "damaged" by this, he has done incredibly well and is an incredibly strong guy, who is able to just focus on himself, his career... his own life.. rather then having his entire life dictated by what happened when he was a kid. He may have been thrown aside a few times, but he picked himself up and moved on to better things every time.

Edited by Asmodesu

Satele is nowhere near as bad as my mother, but there's similarities, the differences I respect, she does reach out as a friend to connect with her son more after Yavin 4, thanks to that she can feel his death. And Theron states often he moved on from that hurt and came to terms with Satele's choices as a kid, and like me that doesn't mean he likes it, and he can bring it up like I do even if it is no longer such an issue in his life. But I don't see him at all as still being hurt or "damaged" by this, he has done incredibly well and is an incredibly strong guy, who is able to just focus on himself, his career... his own life.. rather then having his entire life dictated by what happened when he was a kid. He may have been thrown aside a few times, but he picked himself up and moved on to better things every time.

I'm sorry for what you went through. I went from a physically and verbally abusive alcoholic for a father, to a loving (and patient) step-father who I was absolutely horrible to until I was in my twenties. He is my dad, and I am lucky. I haven't spoken to my biological father in almost twenty years, and that was my choice. Not my mother's. I cut those ties.

Everything Theron has gone through most definitely has had an effect on who he is as a person. I'm not saying he's broken and dysfunctional. But, we all are products of our youth. Theron's abandonment issues are mentioned. His jaded outlook on Jedi (and the Order) is mentioned. His fear of opening up. His fear of getting hurt. How hard it was for him to put himself out there and say three not-so-little words. He openly admits that he's bad at relationships for a reason. We can even look further back at his career choice...why he's so good at being a spy, putting on masks, and playing someone else. YMMV, of course.

P.S. I wish I could find Theron's letter if you leave him for Arcann...that sums it up pretty nicely.

Edited by Dracofish