Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

If someone is connecting Lana to a Theron conversation we have just as much right to voice our own thoughts. I'm not even touching Shae again because it's not about her, it's about Mandalore, big difference. Okay I just got through Copero and Lana's letter so I hate her hard right now. 

As for Theron I'm gonna write a short piece about that elevator ride because it gives me wonderful inspiration to dive into why he and my BH work, despite their differing allegiances.

Can everyone please just take a deep breath, step back and give it a break?

Can this thread also get back on topic, which is a Theron appreciation/love thread? Personally, I don't care what other characters are in any particular scene, and how they act or react in conjunction to Theron - it is the player character's actions and reactions to Theron that should be the priority.

No one has the definitive, unarguable *canon* about a Theron romance - it is purely up to each individual player character how they construe it and what works for them.  It's nice being able to share different perspectives on the relationship with others. I've learnt a lot about how other players see their romance with Theron - it has certainly expanded my own character's contexts.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

I'm not even touching Shae again because it's not about her, it's about Mandalore, big difference.

Somehow I just KNEW this would come up as a petty jab at me for asking to can the Lana hate because you seem to completely misunderstand my stance on the topic despite me repeating myself multiple times.  So because I'm feeling in a "be thorough and get these topics gone" mood I am going to repeat myself one last time because this Shae debate is also tired af and it is way off topic of this thread (my own fault, I take full responsibility for bringing it up in the first place) but I want to make it absolutely 100% crystal clear and lay it to rest:

I do not hate Shae, I was not hate talking Shae, I have never once said "I hate Shae" because I don't.  My personal opinion is that she was acting poorly and rude, particularly to Theron, in that one scene, but my complaint was not even about her or her behavior, but about the fact that my character was not able to refuse her demands.  I hate how the character decision RESPONDING to Shae was written in that scene, I do not hate her character, and the motives for her behavior and whether she was right or wrong to behave that way in the scene are irrelevant to what I took issue with.  We obviously disagree on whether she was right or wrong, but I gave up debating that because it was pointless and irrelevant to my actual issue.

Hopefully that was clear enough finally because I don't think I can make it any clearer and I'm never touching this topic in here again.  Continue to rage about how wrong my opinions are all you like, but I'm done.

5 minutes ago, TziganeNZ said:

Can everyone please just take a deep breath, step back and give it a break?

Can this thread also get back on topic, which is a Theron appreciation/love thread? Personally, I don't care what other characters are in any particular scene, and how they act or react in conjunction to Theron - it is the player character's actions and reactions to Theron that should be the priority.

No one has the definitive, unarguable *canon* about a Theron romance - it is purely up to each individual player character how they construe it and what works for them.  It's nice being able to share different perspectives on the relationship with others. I've learnt a lot about how other players see their romance with Theron - it has certainly expanded my own character's contexts.

I take full responsibility for taking a lot of things off topic 🥺  I apologize 🥺 

For what it's worth, getting back to Theron love/appreciation and dropping these negative topics is all that I want rn. 😢

• Like 2

But the reason we don't get agency is because she is Mandalore that's part of the narrative. PC isn't god in the story we can't have total control even Theron defies us in Echoes Of Oblivion if we tell him to stay put. Destroying our choice. I didn't tell him to stay put but I was shocked when I saw he didn't after telling Kira and Scourge he'd follow orders from PC. So, the point is its more real when we can't have the choice.

On the subject of pure Theron appreciation, I'm on vacation this week and have Theron's "Vacation, I just love the sound of the word. Vacation" running through my mind all the time

There are a lot of little lines in the game that I love, but thats definitely a favourite.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

But the reason we don't get agency is because she is Mandalore that's part of the narrative. PC isn't god in the story we can't have total control even Theron defies us in Echoes Of Oblivion if we tell him to stay put. Destroying our choice. I didn't tell him to stay put but I was shocked when I saw he didn't after telling Kira and Scourge he'd follow orders from PC. So, the point is its more real when we can't have the choice.

Don't care, not interested, this has nothing to do with Theron appreciation which is the topic of this thread.

3 minutes ago, JenaSalton said:

On the subject of pure Theron appreciation, I'm on vacation this week and have Theron's "Vacation, I just love the sound of the word. Vacation" running through my mind all the time

There are a lot of little lines in the game that I love, but thats definitely a favourite.

So true! It's the long, drawn out "Vay-caaaaaation" that makes me smile every time!

Umm Theron was the point of my answer he is a character and potential lover who does not care to always follow our choices over the story and I appreciate not being in god mode and that even if Married to PC he's still completely his own character in his own story. Whether you care or not is your own thing.

11 minutes ago, JenaSalton said:

7 minutes ago, TziganeNZ said:

So true! It's the long, drawn out "Vay-caaaaaation" that makes me smile every time!

YES SAME!  I love when he says stuff that makes him sound like a big ol' beautiful nerd, like that vacation one, his "I do not like Tatooine, but I do like to say Tatooine" (might be slightly misquoting that one, it's been a while haha), and of course the ever most glorious "should I say it like a spy?", just to name a few favorites.  😁

I love him and the silly random lines he says, he is adorable.  🥰

37 minutes ago, TziganeNZ said:

That's definitely a my favourite part of the line too.

25 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

YES SAME!  I love when he says stuff that makes him sound like a big ol' beautiful nerd, like that vacation one, his "I do not like Tatooine, but I do like to say Tatooine" (might be slightly misquoting that one, it's been a while haha), and of course the ever most glorious "should I say it like a spy?", just to name a few favorites.  😁

I don't get the Tatooine line often, so I had forgotten about it. But between that and how he says vacation, I wonder if one of Theron's hobbies revolves around linguistics or etymology. After all, he is a nerd like you said.

5 minutes ago, JenaSalton said:

That's definitely a my favourite part of the line too.

I don't get the Tatooine line often, so I had forgotten about it. But between that and how he says vacation, I wonder if one of Theron's hobbies revolves around linguistics or etymology. After all, he is a nerd like you said.

The Tatooine one is from the Tatooine Star Fortress, I have only played it once, I should probably play that to get the line recorded because I love it ❤️

And yesss, I am a linguist myself (not professionally, but I have a bonafide useless college degree in it, and I do it as a hobby haha) so that is why I LOVE that he has multiple dialogue lines that are nerdy about words or how words sound, I seriously love it so much, I definitely like to think he dabbles in linguistics nerddom 😂 

• Like 1

Speaking of nerdy/dorky lines from Theron that I love, playing through Iokath rn and this is one of my favorites ❤️  (also the "boo!" bit from earlier in the scene haha) edit: actually, Theron's reactions to both versions of this moment are great, the aforementioned "boo!" and also the "nightmare fodder" one (the third option is lame, I recorded it but didn't include it lol)

I love the whole Iokath storyline so much (as long as you choose republic! 🥺), there is SO MUCH Theron, he's literally companion for the entire thing, and he has so many great moments like that one.  This is the number one story I wish I could just replay over and over, fractured alliances is my favorite storyline of the whole game, and Iokath is my favorite bit because so much Theron. 😍

Edited by cannibithobbal
  • Like 1

Just dropping by real quick to leave meditating with Theron here💖

And a .gif of it too😍 (that's a fellow Theronmancer I met on my server. player has some serious style. even Theron's blasters are red!)

I love the meditation shrines! 

Also, finally hit 53 and have been spending most of my time deciding what colour to wear for Shadow of Revan. 🤔 I keep changing my mind. 😩 First impressions are forever!

Edited by yenzin
edits

5 minutes ago, yenzin said:

Just dropping by real quick to leave meditating with Theron here💖

And a .gif of it too😍 (that's a fellow Theronmancer I met on my server. player has some serious style. even Theron's blasters are red!)

I love the meditation shrines! 

Also, finally hit 53 and have been spending most of my time deciding what colour to wear for Shadow of Revan. 🤔 I keep changing my mind. 😩 First impressions are forever!

omg I didn't even know you could activate the meditation shrine with Theron on!  I.... might need to make use of this knowledge. 😍

ooh the blue one on the left is very nice!  if you're taking votes, that's my vote 😏

4 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

omg I didn't even know you could activate the meditation shrine with Theron on!  I.... might need to make use of this knowledge. 😍

ooh the blue one on the left is very nice!  if you're taking votes, that's my vote 😏

Yup! That Theronmancer knows all the tricks!!! I'm learning dancing and walking side by side and meditation. 🎉

And I am taking votes. I seriously keep changing my mind. I am never going to actually start the expansion at this rate. 😅

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, cannibithobbal said:

Speaking of nerdy/dorky lines from Theron that I love, playing through Iokath rn and this is one of my favorites ❤️  (also the "boo!" bit from earlier in the scene haha) edit: actually, Theron's reactions to both versions of this moment are great, the aforementioned "boo!" and also the "nightmare fodder" one (the third option is lame, I recorded it but didn't include it lol)

I love the whole Iokath storyline so much (as long as you choose republic! 🥺), there is SO MUCH Theron, he's literally companion for the entire thing, and he has so many great moments like that one.  This is the number one story I wish I could just replay over and over, fractured alliances is my favorite storyline of the whole game, and Iokath is my favorite bit because so much Theron. 😍

Those are some great lines! I didn't get that first line on my BH. Nice that it was different for a Force user. And the temperature line! I don't remember that one. Theron is so cute and sweet!! I'm gushing now. Thank you for sharing! 💖

• Like 1

Just now, yenzin said:

Those are some great lines! I didn't get that first line on my BH. Nice that it was different for a Force user. And the temperature line! I don't remember that one. Theron is so cute and sweet!! I'm gushing now. Thank you for sharing! 💖

I did notice when you showed us your whole video of imp side that you didn't have the temp line, did you kill SCORPIO? 🥺  Because you have to let her merge with Iokath to get that line, I always let her do it since I have only taken fully light Jedi + agent who she was companion for through the story and none of them would kill her, and I regret nothing because I get great lines like that one (there are a few other references to her throughout Iokath too which are great) ❤️

And yeah, I do love the force users one, I had actually never picked it before because I always picked "boo!" (JK version of that is my favorite of the three too, since he's straight up cackling, I love it), but I went crazy recording alt lines this playthrough 😅  I have gotten almost every single dialogue option on Iokath post-choosing a side.  I actually discovered there is one where you can get Theron to point a gun at Acina!  only one of the three dialogue choices gets it too!  It wasn't what I picked for my official version but I have it, I was actually going to clip that and forgot (will do it tomorrow!)

Anyway, I'm rambling, but  ya know, gushing about Theron on Iokath, can't stop won't stop 😉

Sorry, i'm late to the end of the Lana talk, but a girl needs to sleep too.

All i'm going to say is that if she's talked about regarding a scene involving Theron, people are allowed to say what they liked about it, but also what they didn't like. For the latest scene, i'd have had no problem with her in this one if they didn't make her interrupt yet another romance scene (all they had to do was let Theron and the PC look lovingly at each other for a few seconds and stop to get back to business on their own, i'd even have been fine with Theron being the one suggesting to focus on what they had to do this time around, i'd even have been fine with Lana throwing a little comment after they stopped like "thought i'd have to get you a room" or something like that, because at the very least she'd not be the reason they had to stop), i actually quite liked the rest of the scene and how both of them reacted to Shae. In fact, i would have no problem with Lana in general (again i actually liked her at first) if not for all the waking up to her face, worried looks and concerned tones that she gives all PCs (whether they have a romantic/very friendly relationship with her or a definitely not friendly one) when they can't have even half of that from their actual LI (even when said LI is standing right there) or interrupting romance scenes (and unfortunately Threon's romance is the one suffering the most from her interruptions, even though she does it to some other romances as well), but the people in charge have decided that our characters were going to treat her like the center of their universe, whether they actually do or not whenever the player has a choice, and that's what irritates me the most about her.

For the people who only want to see loving things said about her you can always make your own "Lana love thread" (there may even be one burried somewhere on these forums), i promise i won't go there or go over to the SWTOR subreddit, it's full of Lana fans over there, who can't stop talking about how much they love her and how great she is, so you'll be in good company.

3 hours ago, yenzin said:

And I am taking votes. I seriously keep changing my mind. I am never going to actually start the expansion at this rate. 😅

I prefer the blue and black one personally.

2 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

I did notice when you showed us your whole video of imp side that you didn't have the temp line, did you kill SCORPIO? 🥺  Because you have to let her merge with Iokath to get that line, I always let her do it since I have only taken fully light Jedi + agent who she was companion for through the story and none of them would kill her, and I regret nothing because I get great lines like that one (there are a few other references to her throughout Iokath too which are great) ❤️

You know what, i didn't like SCORPIO at first and then i actually suprised myself with that choice. When i got there, i thought i'd kill her, but i actually sympathized with her and decided to let her merge (did help that my first characters to go through KOTET were LS and an IA who was also LS anyways), and in the end it was pretty satisfying, and i like that she's talked about sometimes and that she even did send a coupe mails, that is one of the choices that makes things a little different and i like it.

2 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

And yeah, I do love the force users one, I had actually never picked it before because I always picked "boo!" (JK version of that is my favorite of the three too, since he's straight up cackling, I love it), but I went crazy recording alt lines this playthrough 😅  I have gotten almost every single dialogue option on Iokath post-choosing a side.  I actually discovered there is one where you can get Theron to point a gun at Acina!  only one of the three dialogue choices gets it too!  It wasn't what I picked for my official version but I have it, I was actually going to clip that and forgot (will do it tomorrow!)

I always picked that one, but i think i'll pick the "boo" one on my next recording playthrough, but both are quite nice.

I'm really curious to see what choice leads to Theron pointing a gun at her. I always picked the dialogue option to try to reason her (i suppose it's at that part where he can point his gun at her), because that's quite in line for my JK, but i should try to see if other choices would fit better or not. I really like that if you play a SW who sided with the Republic and try to reason her, Quinn will also try to convince her to stop and she'll Force push him into a wall or something like that before activating the weapon, that's also a nice variation of the scene.

Edited by Goreshaga

I can take the game letting us say "no" once, but the NPC still do something anyway. Sometimes it shows us the NPC's personality. But by the Force, letting us say "no" three times and be denied is ridiculous and a d*ck move.

Not that we have any agency except to kill companions nowadays, but still...

3 hours ago, eabevella said:

I can take the game letting us say "no" once, but the NPC still do something anyway. Sometimes it shows us the NPC's personality. But by the Force, letting us say "no" three times and be denied is ridiculous and a d*ck move.

Not that we have any agency except to kill companions nowadays, but still...

I've stopped threatening to kill characters a long time ago for this reason. The PC just ends up blowing hot air and not acting on anything. As SCORPIO herself says, "Promises, promises".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Goreshaga said:

I'm really curious to see what choice leads to Theron pointing a gun at her. I always picked the dialogue option to try to reason her (i suppose it's at that part where he can point his gun at her), because that's quite in line for my JK, but i should try to see if other choices would fit better or not.

Yup, it is at that dialogue option, and I too have always picked the "reason with her" option because it fit my characters.  It is option 2 that gets Theron to point a gun at her, and it's actually also a really good line, I was so tempted to use it in my final version.  The third option has no bonus Theron sadly but it's a hilariously savage back and forth between my JK and Acina 😅 

Here is that promised clip, I included all three dialogue options for anyone curious!

5 hours ago, Goreshaga said:

I really like that if you play a SW who sided with the Republic and try to reason her, Quinn will also try to convince her to stop and she'll Force push him into a wall or something like that before activating the weapon, that's also a nice variation of the scene.

OMG that sounds amazing!  I really need to stop waffling about my SW dating Theron and just let her do it and just live with knowing it's my least good version of the romance so I can get through the story, because I really want to get to great stuff like that with her returning companions!

11 minutes ago, yenzin said:

I've stopped threatening to kill characters a long time ago for this reason. The PC just ends up blowing hot air and not acting on anything. As SCORPIO herself says, "Promises, promises".

Ya know, I have never played a character through the whole story who is one who would goes around threatening to kill NPCs (even with people they do end up killing like Vaylin I pick every single dialogue option to try and give her a chance, which ultimately leads to the last line which I really like: "I've given you every chance, Vaylin, but you've left me no choice, you can't be saved"), which is my long-winded way of saying I never even knew that SCORPIO line existed, but that's a great line 😅  and indeed apt for most scenarios (although ironically, SCORPIO and Arcann, the two people your agent threatened there, are two people you CAN kill soooooo 😶  potentially not idle threat)

The one time I always always always have a character threaten a character and then not follow through is having my JK tell Atrius "I'll tear you apart for what you did to Theron!" since in my mind he really did brush with the dark side there for a minute and meant it when he said it because even though he could feel he wasn't dead yet, he was so scared for Theron, but then once the fight was over and Lana told him they could still get him help in time, he was able to push back that dark side impulse and not follow through.

Oh, and, my agent threatened that to Atrius and DID follow through, he doesn't threaten people often but when he does, he doesn't make idle threats ☺️

57 minutes ago, yenzin said:

There are actions other than an kill option that give us agency, but alas, it's BW, in their collective mind they think an kill option is the only way to display agency so yeah, SCORPIO is right on this.

5 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

Yup, it is at that dialogue option, and I too have always picked the "reason with her" option because it fit my characters.  It is option 2 that gets Theron to point a gun at her, and it's actually also a really good line, I was so tempted to use it in my final version.  The third option has no bonus Theron sadly but it's a hilariously savage back and forth between my JK and Acina 😅 

Here is that promised clip, I included all three dialogue options for anyone curious!

Oh thanks.

Yep it's a good line too, dunno if i'll stay with the "try to reason her" option or pick this one on my next playthrough, i'll probably record both and see what i keep as my canon version.

OMG that sounds amazing!  I really need to stop waffling about my SW dating Theron and just let her do it and just live with knowing it's my least good version of the romance so I can get through the story, because I really want to get to great stuff like that with her returning companions!

I really liked that little change, and a SW who sides with the Republic is the only character who can get both Elara and Quinn as companions, which is nice too.

The one time I always always always have a character threaten a character and then not follow through is having my JK tell Atrius "I'll tear you apart for what you did to Theron!" since in my mind he really did brush with the dark side there for a minute and meant it when he said it because even though he could feel he wasn't dead yet, he was so scared for Theron, but then once the fight was over and Lana told him they could still get him help in time, he was able to push back that dark side impulse and not follow through.

Oh, and, my agent threatened that to Atrius and DID follow through, he doesn't threaten people often but when he does, he doesn't make idle threats ☺️

That's how i played my original JK at that moment, and for pretty much the same reasons.

But, she also doesn't make promises or threats lightly so i think her clones will actually kill him, especially since after thinking about it, bringing him back to Odessen is both a risk and a waste of ressources, and letting Zakuulans deal with him is risky too, as there's no guarantee he could never be a threat again both to Theron and to the Alliance as a whole.