Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

I am good without a wedding in game too, I have already written it, but haven't shared it yet. It isn't a private affair, everyone is there, even Satele. Someone has to hold the baby, lol. Edited by rachetsw

Ah headcanons vs BW writing... Well I guess that we all have our interpretations of the characters anyway and the way they would react to our own characters. It totally makes sense, and it totally not manageable. I dream of that day in the future where AI will be able to handle answers that WE decide and the reactions of the fictional characters accordingly. Maybe someday...

Andronikos proposal made me twitch as well. How comes Mr. Pirate comes bluntly to my Sith Girl and ask her to marry him. What?? As you serious? I thought you have a nice open relationship with lots of good time but no bond intended?

And now I am all Arcann with my main and can't bear some of the self-shaming he is constantly doing. Come on, wake up boy! You know who you are talking to?

But I probably have a different conception of what is romantic and what is not. :p

Now that I have seen pretty much everything regarding Theron, I can create a character that will be fitting him. But I know the frustration well...

Yeah, there are the characters BioWare created...but they interact with our original characters. So a Theron who is in a relationship with a Jedi Knight is not going to be the same Theron who falls for a Sith Inquisitor...and so on and so forth. Not to mention the variations we can play within those classes. It's still Theron...just a Theron who has grown and adjusted to that player character. That's all I was getting at.

And yeah, the last couple of conversations with Andronikos in the class story felt very out of character for him. I can see him wanting attachment, though not necessarily in the traditional sense. "So, we gettin' married, or what?" just...didn't fit him. At all. He and my Sith Inquisitor have a...I suppose it would be considered open relationship...they don't like to use labels, lol...they do what they do but feels are only for each other. There are a lot of ways to love someone...and they are very devoted in their way. But in the end, it becomes an OT3 (with Theron).

Oh god Revel suddenly wanting to get married and have kids made my poor Inquisitor choke on her spit. Like there's only a handful of LIs that made sense busting out the baby talk. Quinn, Jaesa and Corso. Everyone else that does it is pretty ??? inducing at best or creepy as **** at worst. (well I'm disregarding trooper because I didn't do Trooper romances other than Dorne).

I didn't feel the marriage proposal for Theron was that out of place though. <3

Edited by Raynezazki

Yeah I agree on no wedding scene, just give us a scene where they adress each other as a married couple. I already did the wedding in the stronghold XD. Simple headcanon, waited for Theron's hair to grow back and we got married among our close alliance group. Arcann best man after that scene on Nathema story and Lana maid of honor.

No wedding, and the "proposal" scene goes something like this -

Theron not only has to seek forgiveness from his girlfriend, but also from his best friend, Andronikos. It's an OT3, a closed poly relationship, if it needs to have a label (none of them likes labels, lol). He and Nik aren't involved romantically (at least I don't see it going that way, but they'll tell me what they want to do when I get there - they do what they want and I'm just along for the ride, lol). But, the trio does share their lives with each other. For the two men, it's a close bond of friendship forged over the five years Darth Nox was locked away in carbonite. They hated each other at first, but their mutual affection for her forced them to get over their differences and work together...and things just went from there. I'm not saying it was easy, and that it didn't take a lot of work...because it did...and it still does...but they figured it out, and they work on it every day. They're a family, for sure.

Theron - *gets down on one knee*

Nox - *audible groan*

Theron - "Look, I know marriage isn't your thing and it's not my thing and that's not what I'm asking..."

Nox - *sigh of relief*

Theron - "You're the only thing in this effed up galaxy that matters to me. I want my family back...and if you give me the chance, I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you." *looks at Andronikos* "To both of you..."

Nox - *awkward silence*

Theron - *starts fidgeting*

Andronikos - "Hey, if you're not gonna forgive him, I will..."

Nox - "I thought you weren't big on forgiveness..."

Andronikos - "Well just look at him...he's like a puppy...how could I not?" *shrugs*

Theron - *fidgets even more*

Theron - *more fidgeting* *scrubs hands through hair*

Nox - *laughs* I know, I'm just letting him grovel a bit. The view is so worth it..."

Theron - "Soooo....does that mean you'll give your idiot spy boyfriend another chance?"

Nox - "Get up, you numpty..."

Theron - *gets up and rubs nervously at the back of his neck* "You're so gonna rub this in and make me suffer, aren't you?"

Nox - "Oh, oh yes..."

Nox - "But somehow, I don't think you'll mind..."

:D

I completely don't buy that Theron couldn't figure out a way to tell her, so in my head, he does. And in my head, he doesn't throw trains at her because there's no way he could ensure her safety there, Sith or not. So anyways, it's easier for her to forgive him because he'd been in contact on and off. She was still pissed, because he just up and left without warning, but he didn't leave her in the dark for long.

They're already for all intents and purposes "married" anyways. At some point there's a drunken trio of matching tattoos that happen. Cheesy, but effective, lol. Nobody needs an actual ceremony or a checkbox on a form to somehow validate what they have. It works for them. I have other characters who get married (my JK and Scourge do and it's a gorgeous ceremony performed by Sana-Rae)...I just don't see it for my OT3.

Edited by Dracofish

Yeah I agree on no wedding scene, just give us a scene where they adress each other as a married couple. I already did the wedding in the stronghold XD. Simple headcanon, waited for Theron's hair to grow back and we got married among our close alliance group. Arcann best man after that scene on Nathema story and Lana maid of honor.

I'd like a wedding scene, even if I have my own ideas about it. The JK is the only one in the game who gets a wedding scene and they're not even technically allowed to get married.

I'd not only appreciate a wedding to Theron, but I think they ought to work out a Sith wedding too, and include it. Jedi Knight shouldn't be the only one to have a marriage scene. And if they're going to allude to a 'harvest festival' well they'd better have one of those too lol.

I don't need an in-game wedding. I don't trust them to do -any- expectations justice and I don't trust them not to mess it up entirely. On top of that, I'd rather see any form of resources go to actual story continuation for all than to a wedding cutscene that will never live up to any Theronmancer's expectations because that is downright impossible anyway, and that won't/cannot be enjoyed by those who didn't get engaged to him.

Theron's not my personal favourite character and never will be. However given the options in the last flashpoint means Theron's story is pretty much over regardless of which option you picked at the end. Not sure the reason behind saying thank you to BW. Personally I think BW just push him under a bus in story terms. It also makes little difference if you like, hate or indifferent to Theron as a companion his story shows BW really don't care about companions in general because they can do this to any companion. Most players will like at least one companion and as such going forward any and all companions will have similar fates. Then again look at how Revan was treated in this story, he was the player character before TOR as such any story set after SWTOR will basically do the same to each of the eight class characters.

I find these love/hate threads amusing because none of the characters are ours. If you are going to do a thank you thread at least have a reason to say thank you. You don't have a reason here with Theron.

Theron's not my personal favourite character and never will be. However given the options in the last flashpoint means Theron's story is pretty much over regardless of which option you picked at the end. Not sure the reason behind saying thank you to BW. Personally I think BW just push him under a bus in story terms. It also makes little difference if you like, hate or indifferent to Theron as a companion his story shows BW really don't care about companions in general because they can do this to any companion. Most players will like at least one companion and as such going forward any and all companions will have similar fates. Then again look at how Revan was treated in this story, he was the player character before TOR as such any story set after SWTOR will basically do the same to each of the eight class characters.

I find these love/hate threads amusing because none of the characters are ours. If you are going to do a thank you thread at least have a reason to say thank you. You don't have a reason here with Theron.

Yes, we do. We can thank for Theron's existence, for his having a story, for having a chance to interact with him. It may mean nothing to you, but it means a lot to other players.

All my favourite companions were already practically killed by devs, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the story they were given up to that point. And for that I'm thankful.

Ooooh, just stumbled on this... And even if I have not gone through Theron's romance until the end, it really made me want to do it with another character.

This is both lovely and heartbreaking. :):(

I don't need an in-game wedding. I don't trust them to do -any- expectations justice and I don't trust them not to mess it up entirely. On top of that, I'd rather see any form of resources go to actual story continuation for all than to a wedding cutscene that will never live up to any Theronmancer's expectations because that is downright impossible anyway, and that won't/cannot be enjoyed by those who didn't get engaged to him.

Nah, Theron is not the type to have a wedding ceremony. He's the type to elope. My favorite part of KOTOR 2 was running off with Atton at the end. My shadow would never do a ceremony. It would be quiet under the stars, just her and Theron pledging to each other. Save the manpower for much more important things like actually giving us a fully fleshed out sensible story.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

Nah, Theron is not the type to have a wedding ceremony. He's the type to elope. My favorite part of KOTOR 2 was running off with Atton at the end. My shadow would never do a ceremony. It would be quiet under the stars, just her and Theron pledging to each other. Save the manpower for much more important things like actually giving us a fully fleshed out sensible story.

Yep. I'd be more of the 'somewhere quiet, just us under the stars' variety too, but other fans may want a big ceremony, bells and all. A sip of arsenic for our dear mother in law. Which means Bioware, even if we were given a scene, can never make it what people want because most would want something different.

I'll headcanon mine when we get our Rishi Stronghold and depending on its look, it'll be on the beach somewhere quiet under the stars, just him and me.

Ooooh, just stumbled on this... And even if I have not gone through Theron's romance until the end, it really made me want to do it with another character.

I have that in my playlist. OMG it breaks my heart every time he says I love you too. But I can't.

My daughter teases me every time it comes on in my rotation. I have over 100 songs in my list for my fan fic, some are not concrete yet, but that one is, and will always be the song for the Umbara chapter.

Jen had a quiet Mandalorian wedding with Torian. So this time she is going all out, frilly dress, and everything. It doesn't help that my SW is planning it, and she went a little over the top, lol. Since it will be the end of Aftermath, I wanted everyone to be there, as a way to wrap up their stories.

Edited by rachetsw

Same!

That was a very nice find, thanks for sharing it. :)

Well, even if it's not a wedding with a harvest droid officiating, I'd still like something to commemorate it, something to mark the event that is beautiful and heartening.

How about an adaptive ware ring that could take the place of gloves? Than you could use it just like any adaptive ware gloves. Could have maybe three different designs of a ring that the player could choose from. Admittedly it might be too small to really get a good look at it under normal circumstances, but for cut scenes it could have an opportunity to have a better view of it.

They could make it BOP so no one could sell it on the GtN, be totally unique and available only to players who married him and only on the character's that did [so it wouldn't be legacy gearable].

Just a thought.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

How about an adaptive ware ring that could take the place of gloves? Than you could use it just like any adaptive ware gloves. Could have maybe three different designs of a ring that the player could choose from. Admittedly it might be too small to really get a good look at it under normal circumstances, but for cut scenes it could have an opportunity to have a better view of it.

They could make it BOP so no one could sell it on the GtN be totally unique and available only to players who married him and only on the character's that did [so it wouldn't be legacy gearable].

Just a thought.

This is a nice idea. I remember Dark Ages of Camelot, there were wedding rings people could acquire and wear to be bound to another player character. They could have the same thing IG: ;) By the way, they could do it for wedding with NPCs and for players wanting to play wedded characters.

Not going to lie. Little jelly over here.

Treat yourself! :)

I ordered it two days ago. :p

Nice!! I'm sure you'll enjoy :D I'm about to go sit outside with my rum and coke and the novel, and just transcend to the Theron/SWTOR world. ♥