Do you still use any of the classic armor sets/pieces?

Eshvara

I myself have been feeling very "Sithy" lately:rak_03:, so I decided to look for the Jadus armor set.

I can't find the lower robes at the moment, so the current one is just a placeholder.

I also like wearing the Dark Acolyte robes because nostalgia! It made me reroll empire back near launch because the armor here was so awesome and dark.:rak_03:

http://i.imgur.com/YV5V9r2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/X8Bs2X9.jpg

What about you?

I think the classic armor pieces are pretty underrated, especially if you throw the classic in with the CM stuff. You can create some sweet looks.

They really are underrated! They have so much detail and a very different feel compared to the CM items. Not that the CM stuff isn't nice, but there's something special about the vanilla sets.:)

They really are underrated! They have so much detail and a very different feel compared to the CM items. Not that the CM stuff isn't nice, but there's something special about the vanilla sets.:)

Eh, most of the CM are pretty meh, I only really like the KOTOR stuff. Do you remember if that vanilla set you linked in your op is "bind on pick up" or if they're "bind to legacy" or sell-able on the GTN? I should book dulfy's page, they should have a complete list of those vanilla pieces XD

Eh, most of the CM are pretty meh, I only really like the KOTOR stuff. Do you remember if that vanilla set you linked in your op is "bind on pick up" or if they're "bind to legacy" or sell-able on the GTN? I should book dulfy's page, they should have a complete list of those vanilla pieces XD

I just picked mine up today from the GTN, for maybe 200k total. The chest is a purple piece and the rest is green. I'm not at my pc ATM, but I think the chest was called Primeval seeker's robe(?)

Edited by Eshvara

Having only been in the game for just over a year and still being much too poor to afford the ridiculous prices that the popular CM outfits command on the GTN, I definitely have an appreciation for classic dropped/vendor/crafted pieces.

Dark Acolyte is really awesome for that understated Sith look, Troopers can't go wrong with TD-17A Colossus and my Bounty Hunter still hasn't found better than RD-07A Vendetta.

Some of the basic orange quality sets you get out of Command Crates are also nice; my other Bounty Hunter is rocking Concealed Hunter.

There are still other classic outfits in the game worn by NPCs that I really wish they'd make playable. Republic Snow Trooper gear and Vaverone Zare's outfit, I'm looking at you.

The classic armours is a bit of a funny thing for me. The one shown by the OP I also like but there was very little variation and the endgame armours tended to look rather weird most of the time (that hasn't changed for sure).

So there's a few that are cook but mostly people were complaining that there weren't enough cool armours as in variation. Of course as it goes with BW, they went from very little to way too much. We've got an overkill in armour sets and because of some of the standard stuff they keep doing like crotch and butt flaps or odd looking capes, there are still too many combinations that would look great without those flaps that can't be done.

BW tends to do too much of some things and too little of other things at the same time. I never quite understood why they are like this. It's like people wanting more companions and suddenly we got like 50 new ones or something. Nobody asked for that, but they just overshoot.

Some of the older sets have been brought back via the CM in the mean time or the DS/LS vendors and stuff. It's all a bit odd I guess.

One of my agent still has the old level 50 Columi chest, though she is wearing the lookalike from armormech with the hood down now, I wanted to see her face and hair again ;)

As my synthweaver is able to craft the old battlemaster sets that look like the dread masters, the headpieces and the skirts are part of a lot of my assassins outfits. Thermoweave gloves are also one of my all time favourites.

All in all, after the time and credits I invested to collect almost all custom recipes back during classic, with only some of the PvP stuff missing, I surely look through them before turning to CM, when ever I'm in need of a new outfit.

CM is nice and all, but sometimes things a little less fancy have the better effect. Especially as dyes tend to work wonders with the simple sets.

first sorcerer pvp set (dread master first gen ) is just the set to have :o

but i agree, some old skin stuff are just really hard to find again, or near impossible, like an old headgear skin i have. i didn't see it ever again since 2 years + in gtn.

Edited by Thaladan

https://i.imgur.com/ascLrmf.png

My good old synthweaver still wears this. I show the head slot when I want her to look especially maniacal.

I never really felt anything for that set, but it looks pretty cool here! I think I'll pick one up too now.:D

The classic armours is a bit of a funny thing for me. The one shown by the OP I also like but there was very little variation and the endgame armours tended to look rather weird most of the time (that hasn't changed for sure).

So there's a few that are cook but mostly people were complaining that there weren't enough cool armours as in variation. Of course as it goes with BW, they went from very little to way too much. We've got an overkill in armour sets and because of some of the standard stuff they keep doing like crotch and butt flaps or odd looking capes, there are still too many combinations that would look great without those flaps that can't be done.

BW tends to do too much of some things and too little of other things at the same time. I never quite understood why they are like this. It's like people wanting more companions and suddenly we got like 50 new ones or something. Nobody asked for that, but they just overshoot.

Some of the older sets have been brought back via the CM in the mean time or the DS/LS vendors and stuff. It's all a bit odd I guess.

I agree, balance is hard to find.

Edited by Eshvara

I'm so happy that I still have my olde synthweaver Juggernaut, who has access to a whole lot of old recipes, that look so much better then what synthweavers will get now. I like those classic armor sets very much.

There are two current synthweaver sets I like:

* Pub-side Shadowsilk Aegis (the "tanky" Tier 1 set).

* Imp-side Charged Hypercloth Force-Expert (requires-61 set); the Dread Masters should have looked like this.

All the rest are meh at the best. And the Pub-side Charged Hypercloth FE is uglier than ugly.

I gravitate towards simple outfits so I use a lot of the older armor. This one uses the Hoth social vendor chest piece.

I love that armor. I just wish they would make social points legacy wide, because pretty much only my main has enough points to wear things, and everyone else is left out in the cold. (So to speak, ha ha. Love those winter look outfits.)

I still regularly wear some of my old rakata and columi pieces on my gunslinger, and I also have that old PVP set that they used to give away for free when you hit end game. They all have a nice look to them that I love. Sometimes the coolest pieces can be found from simple green drops as well. Often they are close replicas of later CM pieces that are much more expensive. One of my favorites is that Han Solo vest the Black Bisector quest used to give out as a smuggler reward on Corellia. The look is still out there, but it's hard to find.

Edited by CloudCastle

I don't know if it counts, but I am a huge fan of the Clandestine Officer set and I use it on almost every one of my multiple agents. Absolutely the best purchase I've ever made in the game.

To that effect I also like the other Imperial uniform sets that one can craft- they're very snappy and elegant and frankly, they do everybody some justice, lol!

They've removed so many of the good armor sets from the game. Rakata/Columi/Centurion/etc kind of make sense (progression and all that) but removing nice armor sets like the former Flashpoint armor sets is kind of annoying. I still use the Maelstrom Guardian and Marauder sets on those respective characters. I also wish there were more crafters making old armor sets too for the looks.

I definitely enjoyed the earlier armor aesthetics and class archetype armors of Vanilla SWTOR more so than all this abstract Outlander/Iokath/Umbara stuff.

Edited by JediJuliusDavin