Why is it still very hard to get HK-51

HisShadowX

The only "hard" part is the patience required for searching for the parts. Which...isn't really all *THAT* terrible. Time-consuming, yes, but not "hard." Every bit of the quest line can be done completely solo, even the flashpoints.

What's your complaint, exactly...? I don't understand.

The only "hard" part is the patience required for searching for the parts. Which...isn't really all *THAT* terrible. Time-consuming, yes, but not "hard." Every bit of the quest line can be done completely solo, even the flashpoints.

What's your complaint, exactly...? I don't understand.

SWG players can't understand why is why games made for them eventually die or go free to play. A SWG or Everquest formula type of game were a lot of people have settled onto this game you guys can't understand. It's like me wondering how a masochist can get pleasure out of pain like you all do with your 'accomplishment'

SWG players can't understand why is why games made for them eventually die or go free to play. A SWG or Everquest formula type of game were a lot of people have settled onto this game you guys can't understand. It's like me wondering how a masochist can get pleasure out of pain like you all do with your 'accomplishment'

Never played SWG or Everquest, never want to. :)

So...still not understanding your complaint... You just don't like running around looking for HK-51 parts? You can group up with other people who are also searching for the parts, and since everyone can search at the same time, that'll drastically increase your chances of finding those parts a lot sooner.

What specifically is your complaint? That a quest that takes maybe 5 hours is too time consuming? Do you really not remember that the most famous questline in SWG, becoming a Jedi, took 1000's of hours and massive amounts of luck? So no, this quest is in no way comparable to that sort of pain.

This may be the longest "single quest" in SWTOR but it is absolutely a modern style quest. It takes far longer to unlock premium things in an FPS or mobile game so this complaint just seems silly to me.

Edited by annabethchase

I thought the developers want millions to come back from those they lost and not the hundreds of SWG players

... and you think this HK-51 mission is the only reason people aren't coming back? Are you for serious right now?

You're just another troll who wants something but doesn't want to do what it takes to get it and so you come here and make a whine post with made-up facts to try and get your way.

How is it "hard", exactly? It's not.

Thankfully, we aren't that stupid, as you can see by our replies, we know what you're up to and I know I won't be upset if you leave permanently just cuz you don't want to do what is probably one of the most-awesome missions in the game.

O_o

I always laugh when I see these threads. I always run the Hk mission to get hk-51...It never takes me more than 2 hours to complete. This includes both FP's. Finding the parts is very easy as long as you understand how the scanner works. Just look on dulfy for the likely areas to search and start with those. You will almost always find it in those places.

Also, I almost never group to find parts. This is because there is never anyone looking at the same time I am.

Well, I have no idea what the OP means by hard. It can be tedious to find the bloody parts on the dig sites, but certainly not hard.

On my server it might take a few days of waiting in the queue to get specifically into the Maelstrom Prison (Master Mode) given how bad the state of the server population is, finding a group might actually be the hardest part.

On my server it might take a few days of waiting in the queue to get specifically into the Maelstrom Prison (Master Mode) given how bad the state of the server population is, finding a group might actually be the hardest part.

The flashpoints can be done solo, actually. :) The quest log still says you need to do the hard mode/master mode, but that's outdated.

Edited by Jagaimee

Tip: You can do Maelstrom Prison solo mode and get the part in under 20 minutes with a stealth character.

However I call BS to the guy that claims he did the entire questline in 2 hours. First two parts of the quest are like 20 minutes each as is the last part and you don't want to skip the dialogue as it is awesome. Then you have the Maelstrom Prison Flashpoint to do. That is leaving about 10 minutes to find each part. Totally unreasonable estimate. I used Dulfy and was as careful as possible but some parts (Hoth!) still took at least an hour to find.

Well, I have no idea what the OP means by hard. It can be tedious to find the bloody parts on the dig sites, but certainly not hard.

The thing is......Master mode is not required to get the part. Both FP's can be done in Story mode for the parts. It has been like this since level sync.

Tip: You can do Maelstrom Prison solo mode and get the part in under 20 minutes with a stealth character.

However I call BS to the guy that claims he did the entire questline in 2 hours. First two parts of the quest are like 20 minutes each as is the last part and you don't want to skip the dialogue as it is awesome. Then you have the Maelstrom Prison Flashpoint to do. That is leaving about 10 minutes to find each part. Totally unreasonable estimate. I used Dulfy and was as careful as possible but some parts (Hoth!) still took at least an hour to find.

You can call BS all you want. I time it everytime and my average is 2 hours.

The flashpoints can be done solo, actually. :) The quest log still says you need to do the hard mode/master mode, but that's outdated.

Well, I obviously haven't checked, but... the crate with the part in it just wasn't clickable in veteran mode (well, what is called veteran mode by now). When I do the Maelstrom Prison in Master Mode, I always ask whether anyone needs the part during the final conversation and show them if they say "yes".

Edited by Rabenschwinge

To be fair I failed to mention that on False Emporer I only go as far as HK-47 who drops the part, then I just leave the FP. The other one I do not do the bonuses, I just run through, avoiding a lot of mobs. Anyone can speed run a FP with just a little foresight. It NORMALLY only takes me around 15-30 mins to find the parts and I keep the TAT part in my Leggy storage for the next time I run it. Sometimes I might go and find the parts on DK and COR just so I have them. They can be put in leggy storage as long as you don't open them. This is not always the case, a lot of the times I have to go find those parts as well. Even then my average time is 2 hours. Sure there are times when a part eludes me, but that only happens every once in a while.

You must be an Everquest or SWG player I wouldn't expect you to understand since you all believe permadeath and fighting bats and rats in a group for months and months is fun and easy mode

Im from Russia.

Back then we didn't have access nor for Everquest nor SWG.

So your point is not valid, stupid and stinks like butts and dead people.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.