Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

First, make sure you have checked my most recent status update here.

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric

Sure Eric...or you could just PM them to me...that would work too!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric

I think the codes are FUN, and I am refreshing like a rabid wombat! :)

Bring the codes, it's a fun minigame to play while we are all waiting. ;)

-eric

For some no matter what you do they will complain. For others they know it is just for fun and take it that way. For me it is fun whether or not I get the code soon enough (which normally is not since I do other things)

Hey folks,

Quick update. The team has a possible fix for the issues that cropped up this morning. To get them in place for testing is going to take approximately 2 hours from now, and then we can begin running that patch through testing. It is likely that over the next 2 hours I won't have much in the way of updates until we get into testing. Should that change, I will let you know.

-eric

key word possible

2nd keyword approximately

time frame 2 hours to analyse

2 hours to test

conclusion see ya tomorrow lol

-eric

I think it's nice to get free things and it keeps us busy. So...uh...can I have a tawnfawn for my unwavering support? :D

-eric

Unless you plan on making sure everyone getting screwed over is going to get something stop insulting us by rewarding the trolls that sit here refreshing every 2 minutes.

Hey folks,

Quick update. The team has a possible fix for the issues that cropped up this morning. To get them in place for testing is going to take approximately 2 hours from now, and then we can begin running that patch through testing. It is likely that over the next 2 hours I won't have much in the way of updates until we get into testing. Should that change, I will let you know.

-eric

Well that'll give you two hours to talk (beat) some sense into whoever it was that thought just 50 codes of give aways of a product that COSTS YOU NOTHING was sufficient for all of the players affected by your incompetence.

All The Best

You DO understand this is prime-time for Europe players, and we AGAIN will lose one day of subscription, this is certainly not the first time. This is not charity institution, but it looks like it more and more.

Will we ever get hardware upgrade on Red Eclipse, server having a lot of hickups during last week. Not sure for real stats but on mirror.torstatus.net it looks like RE is even more populated then "The Harb".

Just show little respect for Europe players, at least once.

Codes are nice but if you step away to do something else you miss them. must be a better way to distribute them. as I went to the middle right after you posted them and they where all used seconds after you posted them

Eric, I've been checking swtor forums every hour or so for the "rain" of codes and they don't even work! was it really a first come, first serve basis? I'm more disappointed that I was promised codes just for them to not work. In that case you shouldn't have promised anything I would have been less upset.

-eric

I believe you would make things worse my doing more 1 time codes

Well you guys never do any compensation, its not like this is the first time it happened.. How about working on that.. ? I mean the codes are nice, but it goes way too fast.. So now people are annoyed about not being able to play, see codes they aren't able to get. And know that you wont compensate what however,.. while an ingame pet or a few cc coins wont change anything for you, it would for your customers.

But respect for you Eric, its not your fault we all know that

-eric

Would be nice if the codes were on a timer-say 1 hour till they're 'used'. Then the people who are missing out on playing would be able to have some compensation.

-eric

Stop posting codes, and make them for all affected, not the fastest, throw in a day or more playtime so we dont feel like we are letting a group of muggers rob us blindly.

-eric

Do a global code. One that everyone can use.

Rain is requested, rain is received. These are all unique codes (1 redeem per person), and I know there are concerns about bots. I am gonna put them into spoiler tags so that should there be bots (which I haven't seen evidence of, just fast people) they can't scrape them as easily.

450 CC

5S7K-2M2S-Q7YD-X699

GABP-FJKT-RZ9R-8CGZ

7VCH-MHFN-QQLY-UNNB

9XN3-FSC7-6F9Z-X4WH

EGTM-2WFD-4SHT-M7Y9

TaunFawn Mini-pet

77BT-P9U9-LNAA-U779

BFQH-ZKJP-JK9P-FGHF

2J8K-SJBR-ES29-2SFS

5HFT-VLGZ-7Z8N-HW9Y

6YW5-XHVD-L5DH-ZY8J

GZWH-GQYX-HYUW-7KRQ

7AZ9-V9HF-3RVF-387N

8GDG-MP7S-VMPU-PHXV

439U-6BN2-ECY8-CSE4

7SP6-99ML-QQGA-VK75

M8-3R Mini-pet

39FL-7KWM-BBAW-NQ8Y

9L76-5BT2-84A7-54PL

78KM-4H22-7LV8-GZWX

CEMR-AZ7D-ZKVK-EHE6

F48J-VGHT-M477-4QFK

HTYR-J8FA-L32T-K3PK

D8DN-QLTY-NMSC-G2NV

3GSM-LGM3-M78Q-LWPV

CGA9-MC7M-JHRR-ECNC

8XBR-B57G-QRAJ-S892

Good luck!

-eric

Really 25 codes total? What a crock of ****. How about 1 of each code to every subscriber? Just another slap in the face to use by the dev team. Community manger my ***, only thing you manger is to piss people off with lame bandages like this.

-eric

Everyone would be happy if u gave codes that can be used by everyone for a time like the cantina codes.

Honestly, when crap like this happens, it would just be better to give everyone in your game a few hundred free cartel coins. Other games I play do that. It doesn't seem like it should be a big deal to make your paying customers happy when you screw something up for them so badly.