Maintenance: August 31st, 2017

EricMusco

Again, like I said, only some people got to DL the patch. It was those same people that experienced the multiple bug that got everything messed up. ;)

So there was indeed a patch. The problem is that

- Not everyone got it

- Those who got it just had this line added :

Simple enough ;)

I get that. :) My question is:

When was the last time they patched?

I was current, as were guildies as of this morning and none of us got any data xfer (patch) which makes me think that this was truly an update (server side, not serve to client).

I'm not arguing that some folks got patched. I'm wondering WHY...were they not up to date as of today or were they? This is a real mess but I'm curious due to the apparent randomness of who got their client updated and who didn't.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, are folks having the issues using the old good launcher, the crappy BitRaider launcher, or is it mixed?

Might be another diagnostic data point and with some patching and some not, the patch method itself may play a role.

Edited by docbenwayddo

Out of curiosity, are folks having the issues using the old good launcher, the crappy BitRaider launcher, or is it mixed?

Might be another diagnostic data point and with some patching and some not, the patch method itself may play a role.

Grrr. Mine is back to the damnable streaming launcher. I guess I need to go bludgeon it again.

Oh and no data was transferred to my client so put me in "no patch" despite 3 restarts of the client since the servers came down.

I get that. :) My question is:

When was the last time they patched?

I was current, as were guildies as of this morning and none of us got any data xfer (patch) which makes me think that this was truly an update (server side, not serve to client).

I'm not arguing that some folks got patched. I'm wondering WHY...were they not up to date as of today or were they? This is a real mess but I'm curious due to the apparent randomness of who got their client updated and who didn't.

Well, I don't really know.

The thing I know for sure though, is that they released this patch as soon as they "finished" it (Being carefull with the "finished" word here).

Though, they could have released it after testing it. But hey, "game-breaking bug" are more important than a whole game broken. :rak_03:

Well, I don't really know.

The thing I know for sure though, is that they released this patch as soon as they "finished" it (Being carefull with the "finished" word here).

Though, they could have released it after testing it. But hey, "game-breaking bug" are more important than a whole game broken. :rak_03:

I don't know either. Only thing I can think of is those who did get client xfer either had corrupted data files or hadn't been in game for awhile and, obviously, would need to be patched. We were all up to date and didn't get any data pushed.

Now...what that all means? Hell if I know. I didn't have any problems with the DecoUI etc. despite two restarts of the client. I don't envy them sorting this one.

Or, some of them just like to see how the dev-team can't succed in " coding " :rak_03:

Well, the issue is more about the game that is made in a really messy manner. There wouldn't be such problems if the code was organised. But fixing it now would require months of work, which would push the release of new content into an unknown date. So they just deal with it.

waiting......................................................................waiting...............................waiting................................waiting.....................................waiting.........................waiting.............................waiting.............................waiting..............................waiting...........................waiting.............................waiting................................waiting.............................waiting

waiting......................................................................waiting...............................waiting................................waiting.....................................waiting.........................waiting.............................waiting.............................waiting..............................waiting...........................waiting.............................waiting................................waiting.............................waiting

When can we play again? I have wated the whole day to play, and iam still waiting. How long are u going to work with the new uppdate and the buggs?..Cause i subscribe my account today, and i cant play. It would be great if u gave us new update to us players. :(

its not okej to make us just wait all day and dont give any new information about the work you guys do. We want to know when we can play again.

The servers should have been up 7 hours ago. A roll back should have taken less time once one realized there was an issue with the update. Well there goes my one of my days off to game. Perhaps you can reward us with Cartel Credits. Say 1000/hour the game was down. They don't really cost the company anything, and it would make the players, especially the subscribers quite happy. Just a though.

Anyway if you could post an update with an ETR on the front page, that would be wonderful.

The servers should have been up 7 hours ago. A roll back should have taken less time once one realized there was an issue with the update. Well there goes my one of my days off to game. Perhaps you can reward us with Cartel Credits. Say 1000/hour the game was down. They don't really cost the company anything, and it would make the players, especially the subscribers quite happy. Just a though.

Anyway if you could post an update with an ETR on the front page, that would be wonderful.

I think there was a problem with the rollback idea due to some people not being patched and some people were. Eric posted about it in the mega-thread if you want to go have a look.