Punish Wintraders on Planetay PvP Achievements

leonlotus

I suggest SWTOR deal with wintraders for PvP achievements on planets.

Its a disrespect with players who spent several hours doing real PvP to get them, as everybody should.

The first thread i cannot acess anymore, but people were openly discussing wintrading.

In the second thread, on of the guys (MasterMizrahi) who had admited it that will continue the practice, is asking for Duels to count for achievements.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=930974

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=930567

OBS: i also miss the opportunity to get some achivements. The game went in a direction opposite to open PvP, sadly. But this kind of behavior should be punished still. I suggest reset their counts, at a minimum.

Its hard to deal with this, its a dark part of the game.

You have to imagine you have paying customers here with which you have contracts. Sure there are those who are made to suffer but it takes a lot of effort and time to fix this all manually, thats why its not being done. My friend for example asked Customer Support for a rating reset as he lost 7 matches, one after another, due to a component farmer in his team.

Now what would you do? I mean he ruined the game for 3 players but made 4 players happy. Would you go on calculating the ratings that were handed out and put them back? You would go crazy doing this. Live agents would be one solution, but again, doing something is hard as the person can fight back. If there is a obvious wintrader yes, but if he makes it look real, its hard. He can always arguement he is playing the game as he wants etc.

Its hard to deal with this, its a dark part of the game.

You have to imagine you have paying customers here with which you have contracts. Sure there are those who are made to suffer but it takes a lot of effort and time to fix this all manually, thats why its not being done. My friend for example asked Customer Support for a rating reset as he lost 7 matches, one after another, due to a component farmer in his team.

Now what would you do? I mean he ruined the game for 3 players but made 4 players happy. Would you go on calculating the ratings that were handed out and put them back? You would go crazy doing this. Live agents would be one solution, but again, doing something is hard as the person can fight back. If there is a obvious wintrader yes, but if he makes it look real, its hard. He can always arguement he is playing the game as he wants etc.

Well, imo those who wintrade in ranked PvP and those who purposedly die in PvP instances on some planets like Oricon in order to give a specific achievement to a friend or else aren't the same thing.

Wintraders in ranked sure are a bad thing and this should be avoided at all cost. Just like Component farmer or everything that ruins the ranked play.

As for the other situation who have nothing in common with ranked pvp(let's go back to the point shall we), where two friends might play "kill your friend" on a pvp instance in a certain planet for the sake of unlocking some achievement, I don't believe you could call this "Wintrade" or something else. Achievement have nothing to do with Ranked or something else. On some empty servers it's impossible to do them without a friend to back you up. I don't see why this could be a bad thing. It promote "group" content, dedicated time and patience.

Would you punish two friends if they teamed up together to farm a planetary veteran pnj for conquest point ? I doubt it. Sure it can sounds unfair for those who reached them "legit". But this isn't ranked pvp, there isn't "legit" or illegal way to obtain these achievement. The only way to unlock them without being "legit" would be to use CS. If you don't like the way it is now, just think that maybe if the game was made in a way where every content everywhere would attract players at anytime then maybe this wouldn't be legit.

Now we play on a game that is so desperately trying to survive that it will force player to play a FP multiple times in order to obtain a stronghold. I won't say this game is dead, but it's slowly beginning to reach that direction. So "unfair" isn't the term imo. It's sad to see that these peoples must do this in order to achieve things that were clearly doable without trouble at the time. But it isn't unfair in any case. :rolleyes:

I would find it unfair however if they do what they've began with the Dark/Light token vendor, who bring back old ranked PvP set and sell them. This isn't fair to those who gained those set. I didn't get the Furious Set at the time, I wouldn't get it now if it was sold by these vendor. This is cheating the system, earning something that you shouldn't get or didn't deserve. Playing the game like it must be, by slaying peoples -or friend- on PvP instance, isn't cheating.

Ya know, if you wanted someone to farm these with you this badly you could have just asked :rak_03:

*jk*

Edited by supertimtaf

I'm all for people going on to planets that have farm bots on the pvp instance and getting their achievement by farming the farm bots. It's like a community service. More people should do it and they should be rewarded with an achievement.

I don't really have an opinion on the other. It may be a sorry way to "earn" an achievement, but is it any different than having someone help you complete a Master Mode chapter or an Ops group carry you in an Op or world boss fight so you can get an achievement?

Well, imo those who wintrade in ranked PvP and those who purposedly die in PvP instances on some planets like Oricon in order to give a specific achievement to a friend or else aren't the same thing.

Wintraders in ranked sure are a bad thing and this should be avoided at all cost. Just like Component farmer or everything that ruins the ranked play.

As for the other situation who have nothing in common with ranked pvp(let's go back to the point shall we), where two friends might play "kill your friend" on a pvp instance in a certain planet for the sake of unlocking some achievement, I don't believe you could call this "Wintrade" or something else.

I undestand your point. But the argument that the only exploitation that can be considered a "wintrading" is what involves Ranked, is a very contextual justification. For example, they do hurt those who along the way, preferred Open PvP than any kinds of arenas. A time ago, when entire guilds fought in the worlds, this would certainly be treated as a serious matter.

For example: i was in 5% (i guess it was that in DEVs words) that had the full ranked set, tottally modiedied for my gameplay style, when game was balanced, the PvP community was huge, and it did took a year just to complete the set. I dont do Ranked anymore, because all the situations i told before is opposite now; its not balanced, theres no healthy comunity, etc, not fun, not needed. I always preferred more uncontrolled PvP situations provided by Open PvP, but i understand your pain about Ranked even now, that i am not doing it. It hurts me when people tell about wintrading in Ranked as much as when people tell that about planetary achievs (that i will also no get now because instances are ghostly)

Edited by leonlotus

If you're gonna use the term "wintrade," at least use it in the right manner. You can't wintrade something where you can't win or lose. An achievement means nothing imo. Like "OMG YOU FARMED 50,000 KILLS FOR MANHUNTER TITLE?!" Like does anyone seriously care about that? It's something that has no actual reward that has any incentive at all and anyone who complains about people killing each other in open world PvP are just dumb minded. If you're that proud of your achievements, then be proud of something that has meaning like a timed NiM run or something. Not a stupid PvP kill achievement.

Pretty much all I have left to do are PvP achievements and if you can tell me a better way to get them I'm all ears.

Open-world PvP was a great idea that died, that's why no new areas after Section X (?) even have any cuz there's no point. I tried getting them at launch but, as I'm sure you know, it was next to impossible and I'd be willing to bet you did the exact thing you're raging against in order to get them.

So, going back to finish dead content with friends is just fine.

ah wait, I missunderstood the thread :D

Sure farming PVP kills on planets is OK

Pretty much all I have left to do are PvP achievements and if you can tell me a better way to get them I'm all ears.

Open-world PvP was a great idea that died, that's why no new areas after Section X (?) even have any cuz there's no point. I tried getting them at launch but, as I'm sure you know, it was next to impossible and I'd be willing to bet you did the exact thing you're raging against in order to get them.

So, going back to finish dead content with friends is just fine.

There are few of us that have 100% PVP achievos.

Punishing people for getting pvp and achievements by group up and do small [pvp] event on their own design on certain location thats bad thing ?You must be joking ...

Ps: i dont care about conquest,if i want participate in conquest i complete it without planetary pvp kills,if thats the fuss about ...

Maybe i litle missunderstood this suggestion,but i guess teaming up to achiev something is good for game or not ?That should be the point team up and do something together as team.

Iam unaware of Manhunter title could be achieved on planetary pvp,becoz i ve tryed and it did not count,atleast when i tryed it,and still im nowhere close to it.

Edited by REVAN_cz

If you're gonna use the term "wintrade," at least use it in the right manner. You can't wintrade something where you can't win or lose. An achievement means nothing imo. Like "OMG YOU FARMED 50,000 KILLS FOR MANHUNTER TITLE?!" Like does anyone seriously care about that? It's something that has no actual reward that has any incentive at all and anyone who complains about people killing each other in open world PvP are just dumb minded. If you're that proud of your achievements, then be proud of something that has meaning like a timed NiM run or something. Not a stupid PvP kill achievement.

Yes, its "wintrade", when 2 people that were supposed to compete for a reward (thats what an achievement is) istead help each other for mutual benefit.

Also, i am a PvPer, so... they can invent a Chuck Norris Mode, i barely care for that.

Edited by leonlotus

Yes, its "wintrade", when 2 people that were supposed to compete for a reward (thats what an achievement is) istead help each other for mutual benefit.

That's exactly what must be done to get the achievement: "Terminated by HK-55 For Educational Purposes," which awards the "Simulated Meatbag" title.

Back in the day, there were plenty of PvP server players that "earned" achievements on planets by ganking lowbies all day. Wasn't competitive at all since a lvl 25 could do no damage to a lvl 50 player. It was PvP, just not exciting or competitive by any stretch of the imagination. Kind of like farming a friend 500 times would be ... I guess.

Back in the day, there were plenty of PvP server players that "earned" achievements on planets by ganking lowbies all day. Wasn't competitive at all since a lvl 25 could do no damage to a lvl 50 player. It was PvP, just not exciting or competitive by any stretch of the imagination. Kind of like farming a friend 500 times would be ... I guess.

I totally forgot about that. I never did do the ganking myself but definitely got ganked when I was new to MMOs. Now I wish I *had* done the ganking but you're right, how is this old way not worse than "win trading" with friends now?

I'm still betting OP did something "shady" themselves and is now mad for some reason.

Edited by PetFish

I totally forgot about that. I never did do the ganking myself but definitely got ganked when I was new to MMOs. Now I wish I *had* done the ganking but you're right, how is this old way not worse than "win trading" with friends now?

I'm still betting OP did something "shady" themselves and is now mad for some reason.

Heh yeah thats how i got my Nar Shaddaa 50 kills. Had to go all the way to that point where you could reach the republic area and waited at the taxi. Was on TOFN back then as it was a PVP server and everyone was flagged. On other servers it was not possible.