The Sanctuary of Regret

Lunafox

I actually thought it was quite humorous, and sat here questioning my own sanity trying to recall if Luna ever wrote of an Eliza or if I ever mentioned Darmas lol. Hugs! Don't feel too bad, it's happened to me before, I was only quicker with the 'oh sh.it' edit. ;)

Actually, worse yet, I was writing earlier a scene that involves Jonas and Lana and I almost wrote something out before I remembered; "wait, they're not married in my story..." so, :rolleyes::D

Edited by JennyFlynn

Wow, that was great from start to finish. I forgot my cold while reading :)

I love the introduction with the description of the even less nice parts of Nar Shaddaa and the comparison to Jonas.

Darmas at his best. At least I think Joans isn't underestimating him. Full throttle, trouble ahead :)

Looking forward to the next part. <3

Thanks! I hope you feel better soon. I'm happy I was able to make you forget for a little while though. ^^

I'm glad you enjoyed the start of it and the descriptions of Jonas and the uglier parts of Nar Shaddaa. You're right, I don't think Jonas is underestimating Darmas, he's being very careful, he knows what his old man is, and he also understands that he likely has some sort of trick up his sleeve, because Darmas has a knack for coming across harmless, when he's really the sharpest tool in the box. I like that saying, 'full throttle, trouble ahead,' that about sums it up. Again, I hope you feel better very soon and thanks for the great comment. ^^

NOT THAT GUY!

Please tell me that's not One!! :mad: Lana killed him and cut off his head for good measure! Just how many lives does that man have?! Unless I'm wrong in which case carry on as you were... but... :o Damnit. LQ-D8, liquidate? Hell, I hate that man and yet if it is him, I'm kinda giddy about it too. Ugh.

I loved your descriptions of Nar Shaddaa, very vivid and it really set the tone. Shoulda figured Doc wasn't too happy seeing Balkar again but he can get over it, pff. Of course, Darmas couldn't mind his own business but still, at least it got Jonas' objective completed though now he's stuck with his dad... that's going to be interesting company returning to Odessen bearing potentially bad news.

Very exciting chapter Luna I enjoyed every second of it!

Yep, that guy! :D Lana did kill him quite thoroughly. But this is 'iteration Besh' as mentioned in the last bit of Spy Vs. Spy. Hopefully, you'll love to hate iteration Besh even more. And yes, his droid servant is 'liquidate' :D

I reckon Doc is the sort that if he never saw Balkar again, it'd be too soon, but I think he also knows that he's skating on very thin ice and it's only a matter of time before he gets capped, so between death and Balkar, I think he'll take Balkar. As for Darmas joining the crew on Odessen, I hope it'll make for interesting times ahead. :)

Thanks for the lovely comment! :)

My, oh my, that's quite a witches brew of people you're putting together for the peaceful planet of Odessen *laughs*

Lia's ex-husband, Doc, with his new spouse, Kira. f/k/a Lia's best friend,, and none other than the infamous Darmas Pollaran and his "bag of tricks". Did I read that wrong, or was Darmas part of the Star Cabal?

I'm also puzzled about the mystery man whose head was supposed to have been cut off by Lana! I must have forgotten something here.!:)

Great chapter as always, looking forward to next week's!

He hee, we'll see how peaceful it'll stay on Odessen with that lot running about. :D And yes, you read that right, Darmas admitted to being a part of the Star Cabal. As for the mystery man, well he's from Spy Vs. Spy...sort of. This guy is a copy of One. So far, I'm referring to him as 'iteration Besh' which is what I called him at the end of Spy Vs. Spy. It was my hope to combine both of the stories into this one, so that it really is just one huge story. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the lovely compliment. ^^

Wonderful chapter.

The descriptions were so spot on with Nar Shaddaa and especially Balkar's struggle with his addictions and the 'mileage' beginning to show. Spy work does take a toll, both physically and mentally.

I had to go back and read the last chapter of Spy vs Spy to verify the mystery cybernetic dude. Well now, that's an interesting twist. I was always a bit amazed that the Star Cabal never came up again, in game, they had so many tendrils woven throughout the universe I don't feel they'd ever truly be gone. Nice resurrection, both on One and the Cabal.

Yeah, Darmas on Odessen. Considering he tried to kill Eliza, (gah, I meant Lia) if I recall correctly, and wasn't he in the employ of Ravage? It's been a while. And just what does Darmas think he can bring to the table? I'm sure he has a card or two up his sleeve. Anyway, an intriguing mix of spices you're adding to the brew. It can only get better from here.

As always the dialogue was superb and truly engaging. The writing flows so nicely and paints wonderfully vivid pictures.

Sorry for the name booboo, I wasn't quick enough to edit before Jenny caught it. I'll be more careful in future. It in no way detracts from my other comments though, or at least I hope not. Sometimes the errors stand out more than good intentions.

A week is too long to wait.

Thanks Misha! I'm very happy that you liked the descriptions of Nar Shaddaa and the metaphor for how Balkar is feeling these days. Both are quite run down and feeling it. Like you, I always felt that the Star Cabal would have more fingers and feelers out than it seemed in the game. They were mostly in the Agent story, though you see mention of the various members in the other stories, you just don't get to find out that they're Cabal members. How many times did we go see Kolovish on Tython with our Jedis? Never once did I suspect she was anymore more than just a settler...not until the agent story. I don't think the Cabal will ever be truly gone. Some members might think they're the last, but they'll keep the fires burning and recruit others.

Darmas didn't try to kill Liaseph, but he did try to take advantage of her, and he didn't do anything to help her out. She told him she needed help and to contact Marr, and he didn't do much about it, he wrote her off as some crazy pet. In fact, what he did made it worse for her with Ravage (cause Darmas was in his employ for a time, while he was still an Imperial and I was calling him Damars.) Ravage was quite awful after that encounter, as he forced himself on Liaseph in the kitchen of their apartment in 'Marr.' As you say it's been a while and there are a lot of stories, that are really just part of one big story really. Sometimes I have to go back and check facts in my own stories lol. Darmas is always looking to better deal himself, so we'll have to see what he gets up to.

It's ok about the name booboo. Things like that happen, and like you say when you read stories back to back. It's no worry at all. :) Thanks for reading and for the lovely compliment. ^^

I actually thought it was quite humorous, and sat here questioning my own sanity trying to recall if Luna ever wrote of an Eliza or if I ever mentioned Darmas lol. Hugs! Don't feel too bad, it's happened to me before, I was only quicker with the 'oh sh.it' edit. ;)

Actually, worse yet, I was writing earlier a scene that involves Jonas and Lana and I almost wrote something out before I remembered; "wait, they're not married in my story..." so, :rolleyes::D

Haha, nope, no Eliza in my stories. Though being as my actual name is Elizabeth, well, close enough lol. I'll take it as a compliment that you're so engrossed and entertained by my stories you start thinking they're canon lol Yep, my version is the REAL canon, so there Bioware lol. :eek::o:p:D I'm not worried, mix-ups happen to everyone. :)

Edited by Lunafox

Hello everyone :)

I'm afraid tonight's installment won't be available tonight, owing to circumstances beyond my control. I lost a hefty chunk of the story today during an unexpected power outage. I was already behind owing to holiday events I had to attend this week and then this happened. I was almost done and poof. I expect to have the completed chapter up hopefully by Monday night (hopefully sooner). Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for understanding. :)

~Luna.

Thanks guys! Much appreciated. I have auto save...not sure why it didn't actually...auto save. But perhaps it's for the best, I wasn't entirely pleased with that section anyway, so maybe it's a sign from the universe. Of course a couple of hours ago, I was fit to be tied and locked in a padded room lol. :eek:

The Sanctuary of Regret

Chapter Seventeen

The milky crystals Liatrix found in the cave were still warm to the touch days after she’d found them. Though they were twins in appearance, each had a unique soul—wholly unspoiled and thrumming with the power of the living Force.

She named the crystals—something she had never done before. Through them, her children would always be with her and through them, she would gain the power she needed to defeat the Eternal Empire. Tears welled in her eyes and she hastily tucked the crystals into a square of purple lashaa silk, shutting them away in her desk drawer with the rest of the components needed to construct two new lightsabers.

Another day, she thought.

She expected Valkorion to appear and scold her for procrastinating, but when he didn’t she found herself strangely at odds. “Five years and you choose now to leave. If you’ve left,” she muttered. “Now when I talk to myself, I just sound crazy.”

She stood and peered out the window at Odessen’s nightscape. Beyond the silhouette of the jagged spruce trees, where the sky and water met, the current rippled the reflected starlight over the surface and she thought of her father.

He was out there somewhere. With her.

Through the lens of building tears, her reflection blurred until she no longer saw herself, but Satele Shan, her beady pale eyes smug with triumph.

Damn you. Liatrix punched the glass as hard as she could again and again until she couldn’t stand the excruciating pain spreading across her hand and lancing up her wrist. She drew a staggered breath and stared down at her shattered and rapidly swelling hand. A bruise formed, darkening her skin in hues of red and pale purple, topped with a black-purple as dark as the sky outside.

She cradled her ruined hand and raced from her quarters. Despite the fog of curious questions and concerns from her people, she continued without saying a word.

At the infirmary, Liatrix lingered in the doorway. Inside, Malavai stood leaning over his desk, his arms spread wide, the plans for the new hospital wing unfurled between them. One careless movement reminded her why she was there. She sucked in a sharp breath through gritted teeth and went in.

“My lord, this is a surprise, I wasn’t expecting—you’re injured. What happened?” he asked, reaching for his scanner. “Sit here please,” he added, indicating the examination table.

“My hand collided with the window in my room—a few times,” she snapped, stepping up to sit on the table.

“That glass has been tempered to withstand heavy artillery.”

“Probably why it didn’t break.”

He scanned her injury and inspected the readings. “Unfortunately, I can’t say the same for your hand. You have several fractures across your fourth and fifth metacarpals.” He glanced at her and averted his eyes, careful to keep his focus on preparing the kolto injection. “Clearly something or someone upset you.”

“Someone did, yes. Tell me, what do you do when someone disappoints you beyond imagining?”

“My lord?” he asked, brows furrowing. “I’m afraid I don’t understand. Is your upset to do with my early departure from my promotion ceremony the other night?”

“I told you to call me Liatrix, or Lia—anything but ‘my lord.’”

“Then you are angry with me.”

“No. But while we’re on the subject, I’d swear you’ve been avoiding me. Is there a reason?”

He applied a numbing agent on the injection site. “Apologies, my lord—erm, Liatrix.” He cleared his throat and kept his eyes down as he injected kolto into the fleshy webbing between her thumb and index finger. “This will sting, but you should be fully recovered in a day or two. I’ll bind it to keep it immobile overnight and prescribe something for pain.” He finished treating her and returned to his desk to prepare the prescription.

Liatrix hopped off the examination table. “Why did you leave the party early? I was hoping we could spend some time together.”

“Yes, about that. Please don’t misunderstand, I’m honoured by the promotion and gratified that those in attendance enjoyed the post-ceremony celebration—especially once I’d retired for the evening, or so I heard—”

“—But…”

“This isn’t easy for me to say, but, I think it would be best if we kept our distance from one another.”

“Why? Have I done something? Whatever it is, we can talk about it.” She rounded the desk when he held up his hand to stop her half way.

“Please, don’t,” he said.

“What’s wrong?”

He sighed. “There’s something you need to know. It’s time you were told the truth. Please, sit.”

“I’m not going to like this, am I?” Liatrix lowered herself into the chair, cradling her hand.

“No, I don’t imagine this’ll be easy for you to hear, but in keeping it secret, I’d be doing you a grave disservice.”

“You’re really breaking up with me.”

“Yes, my lord—but not for the reasons you think. You’ve done nothing wrong. The situation being what it is, I doubt you even could. Take a look at this,” he said, pushing his data pad toward her.

She studied the data and shook her head. “If I’m understanding this properly, a few of these genetic sequences don’t look right—in fact, they’re downright abnormal. Whose are they?”

“They’re yours.”

“Mine?” She looked up flabbergasted. “But how? What’s this mean? I’m not dying am I?”

“Far from it, thankfully. How much do you know about your mother?”

“Very little. Why?”

“The irregular nucleotides were passed down to you from your maternal side. You’ll note the nitrogenous order is unusual and it appears they’ve mutated somehow. This isn’t my field of expertise, but, it appears your mother was genetically modified for some reason and somehow, she passed several of these traits to you when you were born.”

“What sort of traits?”

“Adaptive pheromones…many near-human species like the Zeltrons and Falleen have them. It appears these traits serve to make you virtually irresistible to many members of the opposite sex. I suspect the effect is initiated through proximity—the more time you spend in someone’s company, the more likely they’re to be affected. Distractingly so, as I’m sure you’ve noticed over the years.”

Liatrix stared straight ahead, dumbstruck. She stood, aimlessly wandering the office without saying a word.

“Clearly, this is a shock,” Malavai reached across his desk to pour water into a tumbler. He pushed the glass toward her. “Are you all right?”

She ignored the glass. “So…what you’re telling me, is that,” she said clasping her forehead, “every relationship I’ve had, including ours, wasn’t based on love or friendship, but was nothing more than a chemical response? Is that what you’re telling me?”

“Yes—I mean, no, not exactly. I would imagine some were genuine,” he winced at his own words and poured a glass of water for himself, only to down it quickly and wish it were something stronger.

“How am I supposed to know what’s real?” She shook her head incredulously. “Why would you do all this? Is the idea of being with me so repugnant that you’ll grasp for any reason to avoid it?”

“No—but I would think you’d prefer to know the truth. If I were to continue to allow us to deepen our relationship, it would be a lie. I would rather not lie to you. You deserve better than a man solely interested in you because he can’t help himself.” He clasped his hands behind his back. “Before I met you, I had no thought of any woman except my wife. You’re both very much alike—it was easy to—grow confused. I had to put a stop to it—before we acted regrettably.”

“Stop. I get it,” she pressed the heel of her good hand to her forehead and stood very still. “Is there a way to undo this?”

“I’m afraid not. There’s no way to alter your genetic code without leaving you damaged—it’s a part of who you are.”

“That means I’ll never know if any of it was real. How could I have been so stupid?” She flung the data pad across his desk and watched it skitter across the surface until his files broke its momentum.

“My lord, you couldn’t have known, though I am astonished that it went unnoticed for so long.”

“What the hell do I do now? Become a hermit? I have a job to do. I come in contact with hundreds of men a day. This is…ridiculous.”

“As I said, proximity seems to be a requirement, however, there is a vaccine that acts to inhibit the pheromonic effect. According to my research, something similar has been used to free Killick joiners from their captors. I believe it requires regular boosters or its efficacy diminishes over time. It would be prudent for the men to receive such an inoculation.”

“Now you’re making me sound like a disease. I can just imagine how this’ll go, ‘welcome to the Alliance, oh and by the way, you need a shot so you don’t fall in love with me. Seriously?” She moistened her lips and glanced toward the door. “Do you have any idea how humiliating this is?”

“I know if our situations were reversed, I would be utterly mortified.”

“Mortification doesn’t even begin to cover it. If I’m to maintain authority over the troops, I need to preserve my dignity. Synthesize the vaccine. I don’t care what you tell them, so long as it’s not the truth.”

“I’ve managed a prototype—I’ve used myself as a test subject and while the effect has been countered to a degree, it’s not completely effective. This is not my field. It would be advisable to recruit someone with a specialty in developmental pharmacology.”

Her eyes narrowed. “That’s one of Doc’s fields. He said he was top of his class.”

“Then perhaps it would be prudent to wait until Ms. Beniko has located him.”

“She knows you prefer the military over medicine—she thinks keeping you in the infirmary is a waste of your talent, and I agree.”

“I’m a strategist—field medicine was merely a way to distinguish myself and better serve the Empire.”

“You’re the only one I know who can do both. You’re invaluable to the Alliance and to me. One day the Empire will be ours again—we’ll be able to go home.”

“I appreciate that my lord.”

“I mean it, but this whole thing—is bizarre. Why would you even think to look for this? Something must’ve provoked you. Normal people act on feelings—they don’t go looking for reasons not to.” She eyed him dubiously, refusing to let up until he answered.

“As I said, I don’t wish to lie to you, my lord—it wasn’t something, but rather someone who came to me. In all fairness, I believe it was their intention to protect you—I don’t believe any harm was intended toward you.”

“Who was it? Tell me.”

“I was informed of your condition by none other than Agent Shan.”

“Theron…” Her eyes widened as realization set in. “How long has he known?”

“That’s a question you’d have to ask him—though I suspect he’s known for some time.”

“Oh you better believe I’m going to ask him—the nerve of that man!” she grumbled and stalked out of the infirmary.

Theron rubbed his eyes to clear away the sandy fatigue building in them. He forced his focus on the monitor, idly sipping the caf that had gone cold on his desk as he watched the text scroll up.

“Be a spy. It’ll be fun they said,” he muttered through his yawn. Despite his fatigue, he still caught the motion blur reflected in his monitor and swiveled his chair toward the door.

“How dare you,” Liatrix growled before storming inside the monitoring station. “You have no right to meddle in my private life.”

“I see he didn’t waste any time telling you. Why, am I not surprised?” he said, folding his arms, the contempt thick in his voice.

“Unlike some people, Quinn thought I had a right to know the truth.” If she arched her eyebrow any more sharply, she might’ve taken out his eye with it.

“So now you know,” he grunted.

“The question is, how long did you know and why didn’t you tell me?”

“I’d think the answer to that is pretty obvious. I figured it would undermine your relationships. You already had severe trust issues—I didn’t want to add to that. Can you blame me?”

“How long have you known?” she asked, putting emphasis on every single word.

He sighed and ran his hand over his jaw. “Remember when you almost died on Belsavis?”

“How could I forget?”

“The dart I used on you during the arrest was a paralytic agent. Normally, it knocks people out for about three hours—it’s harmless. Your reaction told me there was something really wrong—that’s when I found out my darts had been tampered with. They were laced with a substance that’s lethal to people like you.”

“People like me…”

“Yeah, people with adaptive pheromones. Long story short, I investigated, found out your mother was a genetically enhanced pleasure slave. Zane had it out for your family for a long time and that included you.”

“Wait, what?” Dismayed, she stared at him, mouth agape. “My mother was a pleasure slave? Where did you hear that?”

“You didn’t know,” he said, hanging his head. His tone softened, “Before you were born, that’s what she did—according to the SIS.”

“My father said she was the lady of House Teraan—they met on Alderaan and loved each other almost at first sight.”

“Hey, who am I to argue with what your father said. That’s not what’s important anyway.”

“No—what’s important is that I’ll never know what’s real, nor will the person I’m with.”

“That’s exactly what worried me. No one deserves to go through life wondering if someone really loves them.”

“You knew all this time—but only now decide to tell Quinn? Why tell him and not me?”

Theron stood and took a few steps toward her. “You’re right. I should’ve come to you sooner, but no time ever felt like the right time.”

“You still didn’t answer my question. Why now, Theron?”

He heaved a deep sigh and nodded. “A’right. I saw how he looked at you and I didn’t like it. I knew there was the chance that he was affected and I didn’t want to see you get hurt.”

“How could you know for sure what he felt wasn’t real?”

“I didn’t. I took a chance. I figured if I told him about it, he’d investigate and being the overachiever he is, he’d find a way to counter it—and hopefully, back off before hurting you.”

“Oh, he backed off all right and it hurts, but at least he was acting according to his conscience. What hurts me more is that you’d go behind my back. That you’d keep secrets from me. After all, we’ve been through, this is what it comes down to. I see now what we had was never real. You were affected by these stupid pheromones just like everyone else.”

“That’s not true.”

“Hmph. How would you know?” She held herself and looked away.

He moved in closer and gently turned her to face him. “I know because I’ve loved you practically since we met. I didn’t believe anything like that was possible and then I learned the truth about you. I had to be sure what I felt was real. I wanted to go in with my eyes open, so when the opportunity presented itself, I had a vaccine made.”

“Great—you wanna call them up and see if they take bulk orders? ‘Cause I can’t risk the troops becoming affected. If we’re going to beat Arcann, everyone has to stay sharp.”

“I believe Lana’s already working on that—she’s sent out feelers to find Doc. He was the one who synthesized it on my request.”

“I should’ve guessed. So who else knows?” she snapped.

“Uh, yeah. Scourge, Jonas—I think Doc was planning on giving your entire crew a shot.”

“Wait a minute—was this when we were given that ridiculous shot for, what was it? It was something stupid,” she said, snapping her fingers, “the Rodian Creeping Mudfever?”

“Maybe? It was just before you confronted Arkous and Darok on Rakata Prime.”

Liatrix nodded. “Sounds about right—just after that clone died.”

“Yeah. Seems like a million years ago.”

“Must’ve been nice going into a relationship with your eyes open. Too bad I never got the chance. Makes me wonder if we ever knew each other at all. I guess it doesn’t matter that you had the vaccine—with that many secrets, I doubt you ever loved me.”

“For what it’s worth, I never stopped.”

“It’s been a long, tiring day. I’m going back to my quarters,” she said, turning away.

“Wait—”

She stopped and glanced back at him over her shoulder.

“You never said how you hurt your hand. Are you okay?”

Her lower lip trembled and the unwelcome tears coated her eyes with a glossy sheen.

“You’re not okay,” he murmured and dashed for her, gently folding her against him. She didn’t fight his embrace, but she didn’t she return it either. She shook in his arms and sobbed into the crook of his shoulder.

He held her close for a long time, before whispering, “Do you want to talk about it?”

Her lips twisted miserably and she nodded.

“A’right. C’mon, we’ll sit down right here,” he said, urging her toward the chesterfield against the monitoring station’s far wall.

She dragged the tears from her cheeks and dabbed at her eyes with her fingers. “I’m not being fair. I’ve kept things from you too.”

“Like what?”

“I never told you what happened after my confrontation in the woods with Valkorion.”

“Why not?”

“Same reasons you kept things from me. It hurts like hell and I didn’t want to do that to you.”

“Okay. Y’know we gotta stop doing that,” he said, managing to crack a smile. “The truth from now on? No matter what?”

She nodded and glanced over at him. “When I regained consciousness—I saw your mother and we spoke.”

“You saw Satele? What’d she say?”

“Just that she’s been shacked up here on Odessen all this time with my father.”

“What?”

“I saw them both. At first, I thought I was hallucinating, I didn’t want to believe it, but it was really them. My father told me something, only he and I would know.”

“Do you think it might’ve been a trick? Valkorion isn’t above head games.”

“No. I wondered that myself, at first, but it was them. I mourned him every day I was trapped in carbonite. I called out to him…begged him to answer me and nothing. And why? Because he was with her.”

“You were awake?”

“Not awake, exactly—it was more like a dream, but I was aware of things that were really happening and I felt everything. It’s not the peaceful, mindless sleep everyone thinks. Or maybe Valkorion made it that way.”

“I can’t blame you for being upset, but maybe Valkorion had a way of keeping your father out? No one knows what all he can do. He might’ve been blocking your father from answering you.”

“I don’t know. It didn’t sound that way to me. He called her his equal. Can you imagine?”

Theron ran his hand over his face, feeling the bite of stubble against his palm. “Did they say what they wanted?”

“They want to stop the war and to do that, they said, I have to rule the Eternal Empire.”

“Well, they’re not wrong. Did you tell them, we’ve been working toward that?”

She shook her head. “No. I was livid. She’s there, beside him, looking all smug. Acting like she’s better than she was, even said as much to me. I wanted to punch her.”

“Something tells me, that’s what you were thinking about earlier,” he said, glancing down at her broken hand.

“You know me so well,” she snorted. “I told them both to go to hell and rule Zakuul themselves—that I was done, and then I left. They’re still out there somewhere—I can feel them.”

“Did they say anything else?”

“They wanted to prepare me for the battle ahead. They wanted to complete my training. Which is ridiculous. What could either of them teach me? I was both Jedi and Sith.”

“Maybe you should hear them out. Maybe they’ve learned something new—being a part of the Force and all.”

“I want nothing to do with them. He wanted to be with her, not me. I don’t belong there. I’d just be interfering.”

“Lia…I think that’s just anger talking. We both know how you feel about Satele. It might’ve been different if it was just you and your father. Satele being there, felt like an intrusion. She should’ve let him talk to you alone.”

“She’s always stuck her nose where it doesn’t belong.”

“Maybe you should try reaching out to him.”

“I don’t know.”

“I think we both know that if it was anyone else in your shoes, you’d tell them to suck it up. Put aside your personal issues and do what you have to for the alliance.”

“Did you just call me self-indulgent?”

He smiled. “Hey, if the lightsaber fits…”

“You’re probably right. I just need some time.”

He sighed and nodded.

“What?”

“Oh…nothing,” his gaze dropped to his hands. “I envy you, in a way—that you could see them. I wish I could—but as you know, I have no Force ability.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t think of that.”

“Don’t give it another thought. I would’ve just liked to see Satele one more time.”

“You know…that reminds me. Whatever happened to your Peko-Peko chick?”

Theron lifted his head, his eyes wide. “Th-that was you?” he stammered. “Trixie?”

“That’s what you’d call me.”

“Why didn’t you say so before?”

“Because I only remembered a short while ago—I dreamt about it. I just can’t remember what I called you.”

Theron chuckled. “You called me Tron.”

She snorted. “I remember now.”

“As for our feathered friend, Master Zho took care of him after I left to train with the SIS. Last I heard, he and Master Quilb, were hoping to find him a mate.”

“Did they ever?”

“I don’t think he ever got over his first love,” he quipped.

“Aww, poor thing.”

“But if they find their way back together, I hear they mate for life.”

Liatrix smiled and rose. “I hope they do,” she said, heading for the doorway. “Good night, Tron.”

“Don’t let the buzz bugs bite,” he yawned, sprawling over the chesterfield.

((to be continued…))

Edited by Lunafox

Finally!

Oh how relieved I am Quinn's told her the truth, that someone finally has, it was about time! I don't envy Lia one bit and no doubt this is going to be something she'll struggle with but at last, now she knows though, as she rightfully points out, it's a bit humiliating and awkward. "Welcome to the Alliance, oh and by the way, you need a shot so you don’t fall in love with me." -- I'd likely wish the ground would swallow me whole.

Pff Theron, don't be having an attitude over the fact Quinn was more honest with her than you were. I get he wanted to protect her and spare her feelings but she had a right to know and I have to wonder, if it weren't for his jealousy, would he have told Quinn or would they both still be in the dark now?

At least things are coming out into the open now though, and what a discovery for her about her mother. I don't recall but did Marr know about the pheromones? I think he did, right? Saw the footage of her capture and the surgery? But that was in death, did he know in life? Either way not something you just tell your child, the memories she does have of her mother were difficult enough. Lia really needs to go find him and have a proper conversation with him this time, and Satele needs to butt out.

Cute ending though, recalling their childhood friendship like that and I got a feeling that little snippet discussing the chick and his mate was a bit of a metaphor, I liked it.

Very nice chapter, well worth the wait and looking forward to the next. :)

Truth will out.

What a revelation and a burden. I don't expect that the full brunt has hit her yet, and likely won't until she's had some time alone for reflection. I do not envy Lia at all having to look back over her life and loves and trying to decipher anything meaningful, especially where Scourge and Theron are concerned. I bet she'll have a few choice words for Doc when he finally arrives.

As for Theron, he has no right to take any moral high ground here. He knows what kind of man Quinn is and likely knew that Quinn would tell her, an easy out. I kind of wanted to smack him, just a little. And then to drop the bomb of her mother's past on top of everything else, not his fault, but still.

I agree with Jenny that Lia needs a heart to heart with daddy Marr, sans Satele, to set many records straight. There are too many questions and not enough answers.

The little walk down memory lane was a nice distraction from the misery, and I suspect some veiled meaning in the whole 'mate for life' comment, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Lovely chapter and worth the wait.

In be4 the fan club!

Great chapter Luna! I'm enjoying the dramatic developments going on on Odessen, although I have to ask if it's all just going to be focused on Alliance characters. It wouldn't hurt to have some cutaways to Zakuul if that fits your vision. Otherwise, carry on as you were!

Thanks, Mayhem :) I prefer to focus on the Alliance characters because they're more dear to me and more interesting. I never had any interest in those Zakuulan mustache twirlers they call villans. They have all the depth of an evaporated puddle and are about as fascinating as the residue that puddle would leave behind, so, no, I won't be devoting any POV chapters to anyone like Arcann or Vaylin. That's not to say they won't be appearing in the story, but I'm not going to waste my time dedicating chapters to them or their thoughts and feelings.

One of the biggest mistakes I think the writers made, was to give those two as much screen time as they did, at the cost of our own characters and those who interest them. Had Bioware kept the villains more mysterious, they would have been far more interesting, especially if the answers to our curiosity about them had been doled out sparingly, but watching those two during and after each chapter cackling maniacally and rubbing their hands together about how they're going to 'get fah-tha and his meat puppet...' got really old after a while. As you can probably see I have strong feelings about the caliber of these so-called one-dimensional villains. Let's just say Mojo Jojo on The PowerPuff girls was more interesting. :eek: I'd like to think I can do better with my villains, I love villains. :) Thanks for reading and commenting, I appreciate it. :)

Finally!

Oh how relieved I am Quinn's told her the truth, that someone finally has, it was about time! I don't envy Lia one bit and no doubt this is going to be something she'll struggle with but at last, now she knows though, as she rightfully points out, it's a bit humiliating and awkward. "Welcome to the Alliance, oh and by the way, you need a shot so you don’t fall in love with me." -- I'd likely wish the ground would swallow me whole.

Pff Theron, don't be having an attitude over the fact Quinn was more honest with her than you were. I get he wanted to protect her and spare her feelings but she had a right to know and I have to wonder, if it weren't for his jealousy, would he have told Quinn or would they both still be in the dark now?

At least things are coming out into the open now though, and what a discovery for her about her mother. I don't recall but did Marr know about the pheromones? I think he did, right? Saw the footage of her capture and the surgery? But that was in death, did he know in life? Either way not something you just tell your child, the memories she does have of her mother were difficult enough. Lia really needs to go find him and have a proper conversation with him this time, and Satele needs to butt out.

Cute ending though, recalling their childhood friendship like that and I got a feeling that little snippet discussing the chick and his mate was a bit of a metaphor, I liked it.

Very nice chapter, well worth the wait and looking forward to the next. :)

Thanks :D I'm glad you felt it worth the extra bit of time this took because of that nonsense with it going blip. I'm also happy that you felt her reaction was realistic and relatable--I would think that learning something like that about yourself would be mortifying and yes, wishing the earth would swallow you up, fits very well with what she's feeling.

I'm inclined to think Theron would have eventually told her...some year lol. He probably wouldn't have gone to Quinn if not for his feelings. I think spies learn how to use people's good and bad qualities to their advantage and I think that's what Theron did here with Quinn. He played a bit dirty, something he doesn't do very often.

Marr knew about the pheromones and what they did to Liaseph. He saw what her own family did on their security vids and how she was taken away and treated by those who took her. He had a vision in the pyre about the slaver facility and that's how he knew where to go and who to go after to avenge her...it's where he met Keeper, if you remember. I know it might have been a bit confusing, because Marr was mixing memory of actual events with what he was learning through the Force after death. I couldn't see Marr seeing any point in telling Liatrix about her mother's ordeal, he saw no value in dredging that up. I agree that Liatrix needs to speak to her father alone, Satele needs to stay far away if they're going to salvage anything.

I'm also pleased that you enjoyed Theron learning the truth that they were friends when they were small, he hadn't made that connection yet, so now, most of the cards between them, are on the table. :) Thanks for the lovely comment and for reading.

Truth will out.

What a revelation and a burden. I don't expect that the full brunt has hit her yet, and likely won't until she's had some time alone for reflection. I do not envy Lia at all having to look back over her life and loves and trying to decipher anything meaningful, especially where Scourge and Theron are concerned. I bet she'll have a few choice words for Doc when he finally arrives.

As for Theron, he has no right to take any moral high ground here. He knows what kind of man Quinn is and likely knew that Quinn would tell her, an easy out. I kind of wanted to smack him, just a little. And then to drop the bomb of her mother's past on top of everything else, not his fault, but still.

I agree with Jenny that Lia needs a heart to heart with daddy Marr, sans Satele, to set many records straight. There are too many questions and not enough answers.

The little walk down memory lane was a nice distraction from the misery, and I suspect some veiled meaning in the whole 'mate for life' comment, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Lovely chapter and worth the wait.

I think you're right, she hasn't quite had time to process and have everything sink in. Hopefully the reunion with Doc and Kira will be interesting :D Theron did earn a thwap to the head here, he used his spy skills on Quinn, sized him up accurately and predicted him on how he'd behave. Mission accomplished. We don't often see Theron play dirty but he does on occasion. The thing about her mom, well he couldn't have known that she wasn't aware of it, so I don't really blame him for that, but yeah, what a way for it to come out. :/

I like to think that even in the darkest times there are moments of goodness and light, or how else would people cope. Everyone needs something good to cling to, to buoy them. :) I'm glad you liked the chapter and I thank you for reading and commenting. ^^

Well.....at the risk of repeating myself...."what Jenny said" and "what Misha said" is exactly what I think too:) Thank you guys for putting the words into my mouth again;-)

Great chapter!:)

Well thank you :D I appreciate that you took the time to read and comment, it means a lot to me. I'm glad you're still enjoying the story. ^^

The Sanctuary of Regret

Chapter Eighteen

Three weeks on Nathema passed like three years. Scourge’s pulse pounded inside his ears alternating between sloshy leaden beats to the tinny kind that tempted him to cleave open his own skull just to make it stop.

A deep growl vibrated in his belly. He tugged the last crumbly strip of nerf jerky he’d been saving from its foil wrapper and stuffed the salty meat into his mouth. After chewing for what felt like decades, he choked the wad down and coughed as it scratched its way down his gullet.

He dropped his hydrospanner onto the parched soil and slumped next to the abandoned Sky Princess II. The crust that had formed around his mouth cracked as he rang the last drops of moisture from the bantha hide waterskin he’d found aboard the pirate’s ship.

I may as well have eaten the canteen, he thought, wiping away the residue on his lips with the back of his hand.

He could’ve eaten an entire nerf and emptied a small lake, but there was a decided absence of both on the world.

The ship’s hull served as a pillow and he rested while taking stock of his accomplishments.

After thoroughly scrubbing the engines, he installed a set of makeshift filters and patched the hull. He’d drained the fuel injectors and cleared out the dust inside. Work that should’ve taken hours, had taken days. His head lolled forward involuntarily and jerked back just as quickly as he fought to stay awake. Exhaustion was a persistent enemy and the moment he agreed to shut his eyes, he was beaten.

Somewhere beyond sleep came a low buzzing sound as persistent as a blood-sucking insect. He tried swatting at it without success and the buzz grew into a voice, loud enough to drown out the sound of his rushing pulse. He muttered something unintelligible and his body jerked in response.

Startled by his own noises, he woke and squinted through the swirling dust. Before his senses had fully gathered he thought himself back on Dromund Fels and his first instinct was to find Toska. His brows met, forming a deep chasm between them and then he remembered. He was no longer on Dromund Fels, Toska was dead and his companions had left him behind.

No doubt they believed he’d been crushed under the weight of the collapsed temple—and briefly, he had been. A sizeable chunk of stone had knocked him unconscious as he fled and when he woke, a fine sift of dust and pebbles covered him on the opposite side of the massive cave in. The scab where the rock had connected with his head itched and he cursed to himself, wanting nothing more than to rip it off.

The voice haunting his dreams gathered into a command. ‘Come,’ it said.

His eyes snapped open as if someone had suddenly branded him with a hot poker and he sprang to his feet.

Come to me,’ the voice intoned once more. It deepened into a male voice, but it was not one that Scourge recognized. He sensed no deception in it—but in this place, he could not rely on his perceptions.

He drew his lightsaber and instinct steered him toward a winding path along the cliff side. The path was wide enough for one and high enough to give Scourge pause when he glanced to his right at the canyon below.

‘Yes, yes, walk this way…’ the voice urged.

Pebbles crunched under Scourge’s boots as he rounded the last turn of the path and a monumental obsidian building came into view. Six obelisks flanked the bridge leading to the entrance, but the voice calling to him was not inside the structure, but rather beneath it.

Scourge twisted the ring adorning his left facial tendril. Who did this mysterious voice belong to? A ghost?

Perhaps, he thought, in answer to his unspoken questions.

Long ago he’d heard rumors of a secret sanitarium built to imprison the worst of the Emperor’s enemies. For a time he believed it was a cage built specifically for Revan—and later, for Liatrix, but the facility was more than a cage—it was also where the Emperor kept his most powerful and valuable possessions locked away inside a subterranean vault. Scourge retracted his weapon and holstered it.

The ghostly voice waned and fell quiet for a time, but its silent urging continued in the form of barbs trapped under Scourge’s skin. He avoided the main entrance and climbed down the ravine with relative ease—having perfected his skill during his time on Dromund Fels.

He felt his way along the bottom shelf of the rock face until he discovered an aperture large enough for him to crawl into. A rough stone tunnel no more than ten meters in length lay ahead and was marked by a dim red light at the end of it.

Find me,’ the voice whispered, as the barbs prodded Scourge in the direction he needed to follow.

Scourge shuffled along on his hands and knees. The tunnel was not man-made, but most likely the result of one of Nathema’s many ground quakes.

The tunnel culminated inside one of the many vaults the Emperor kept. He leapt from the opening and landed in a crouch. He rolled to take cover behind one of the larger statues inside and peered around it until he was satisfied he was alone.

At the center of the vault, a black and red holocron pulsed as it hovered over its elaborately fashioned base. The craftsmanship was at once delicate but sturdy, the inscriptions carved in the ancient Sith language from millennia ago.

Scourge lifted the holocron from its resting place, his touch activating an image of the being dwelling within the construct. The ghost of a statuesque pure-blooded Sith appeared. Bathed in a scarlet aura, his robes clung to his body in an elegant and ancient style, but the way he wore his hair, was a style still preferred by many male Sith.

You found me, at last,’ the pureblood greeted, his holocron pulsing with each syllable spoken.

“Who are you and what do you want?”

I am Lord Dramath. Millennia ago, I ruled this once-vibrant world, when it was known as Medriaas.

“Your name—is familiar,” Scourge began, his eyes narrowing. “I read about your rule in Darth Nyriss’s library long ago,” he said more to himself than to the ghost. “Your son—murdered you, when he was but a boy.”

Tenebrae, yes. He was the least of my children—one of many I sired. His mother was no more than a peasant.

“Clearly you weren’t selective,” Scourge muttered.

He murdered me and trapped my essence in this prison—and turned Medriaas into this shell to make himself immortal.

“He performed a similar ritual on Ziost. I knew Tenebrae, as Vitiate, my Lord Emperor—and lately, he’s taken to calling himself Valkorion. There was talk of his assassination—but I would have sensed his passing.”

My low-born son went by many names—Tenebrae, Vitiate, Emperor of the Sith—Valkorion—he wore many husks—his immortality demands it. He cannot be destroyed.

“What do you want? Why summon me here?” Scourge barked and folded his arms.

For a thousand years, he has tortured and tormented me, kept me imprisoned—salvation is at hand. Grant me my release into oblivion.

“What do I get out of this generosity of spirit?”

I can provide you with the means to defeat Tenebrae. I know his weakness.’

“You said he can’t be destroyed.”

It is true—immortals cannot be destroyed—but they can be imprisoned, just as I was. Release me and the means to bind him is yours.

“What’s to prevent me from taking you with me? I could imprison you both.”

The holocron is designed to hold only one spirit. To capture him, you must first free me. Do we have an understanding?

Scourge weighed the spirit’s words and turned the device over in his hands. “Even weakened and in hiding—so long as the Emperor exists, he is a danger to the entire galaxy. I agree to your terms, Dramath.”

Strike at him when he is vulnerable—then and only then can you imprison him.

Scourge nodded and depressed the ancient Sith engraving on the side of the cube. A rush of scarlet light beamed from the device, engulfing Dramath’s ghost.

And so it ends, at last,’ Dramath said with a quiet dignity. His spirit vanished into nothingness, leaving Scourge alone inside the darkened vault.

The holocron dimmed and reset itself. Scourge tucked the device inside his robes and with a cat-like grace, launched himself into the aperture to escape the vault and the planet.

Nox stared at the burnished bronzium urn until a shot glass filled with Dodbri whiskey landed in front of her.

Andronikos poured a shot for himself and mounted the stool beside hers. “Drink up.”

“That’s a far cry from how you asked me out for a drink the first time, do you remember?”

“’Course I do. Figured there might be some fancy protocol to it back then,” he admitted, his raspy chuckle hanging between them. “Not like I was in the habit of asking Sith lords out for drinks ‘til you came along.”

Nox lifted her shot and held it aloft. “To simpler times…”

“I’ll drink to that,” he muttered and clinked his glass against hers. They threw back the contents in unison and slammed the glasses against the ship’s bar.

“Dodbri?” she hissed and made a face. “Haven’t touched that swill since my dancing days.”

“Hey, it’s cheap and it gets the job done.”

“Can’t argue that,” she said, staring at the urn through the thick murky glass. “It was good of the Captain to drop us off here.”

Beyond the viewport, a golden world with a solitary ocean rotated before them. A wrecked starship known simply as ‘Farpoint’ functioned as the world’s capital.

“Yeah, you don’t get any more backwater than Fhost. Hmph, it makes Rishi look downright civilized—but at least there’s no battle station watchin’ our every move—and now we got a ship—we can go anywhere. I’d say that counts for sumthin.’”

“I appreciate it—I couldn’t bring myself to go home—to that empty apartment—not yet,” she whispered.

“Doesn’t have to be that way.”

She reached over and clasped his hand. “What would I do without you?”

“Probably the monster…”

Nox smirked but her focus re-settled on the urn again. “To think a man’s life—even a man like my beloved Veles can be reduced to this at the end.”

Andronikos refilled their glasses and they threw back another round of the cheap whiskey. “Figured you’d want a crack at doing some of that Sith mumbo-jumbo of yours, but there wasn’t anything we could do to get a pulse. Hmph, had that Wookiee practically drown him in kolto.”

Nox smacked her lips and tapped the base of her glass against the bar for a refill. “I know and I can’t tell you what that meant to me. I know you didn’t like him.”

“Only one reason for that, Sith. He wasn’t bad as your kind go…”

“He’d say the same about you, y’know.” She downed the drink in a gulp. “Do you suppose that’s how we’ll end up—as dust trapped in a little box?”

“What difference does it make? When yer done, yer done—and he’s done. There’s no comin’ back from it.”

“It hardly seems fair—he was so full of life—he had enough to spare for all of us. I always thought he’d live forever. All that’s left of him is in here,” she said, tapping the urn, “and I still can’t believe it.”

“At least you’re not getting all mopey about it.”

“It’s not what he would’ve wanted.”

“I’ve heard plenty ‘o stories of your kind lookin’ to cheat death.”

“And they’re probably all true. Even my former master tried—I told you about that, didn’t I?”

“Hmph, yeah, I remember that. Crazy old witch was lookin’ to trade up but got stuck in the monster instead. Served ‘em both right. Brought a smile to my face for days.”

Her gaze shifted and the edge of her lip curled up fiendishly.

“I know that look. What the hell is going through that crazy head of yours?”

She turned to face him fully. “Zash tried to take over my body…and would have if Khem hadn’t interfered. If I knew that ritual—”

“—you figure you could transplant Vowrawn into another body. Well, I ain’t volunteerin’ so get that out of your pretty little skull. Besides, it wouldn’t work.”

“Why not? I know it would be optimal if Veles was alive—but remember, I’m a Forcewalker. I’d find his ghost in no time. It’s only a matter of finding an acceptable vessel—a young, virile, preferably pure-blooded Force user...”

“That’s a pretty tall order and you’re forgetting one thing—you trapped the crazy old bat and shot her out the airlock. I don’t reckon she’d take too kindly to that.”

“You could be right—she’s been stewing about it for almost a decade.”

“If you’re suggestin’ we go lookin’ for that trap—I’d say you’re one spark plug short of an engine. There’s no way she’d help you—if anything she’d be lookin’ to get even.”

“Letting her out would be a bad idea—unless I could promise her a life for a life…”

“I know I don’t like the sound of that. You’d have to find two bodies instead of just one.”

“It wouldn’t be so difficult—I’d only need my former apprentice.”

“I’m pretty sure that would go against her teachings,” Andronikos deadpanned.

Nox choked on her drink and giggled. “I’m sure it would, but if I never heard that insipid excuse again, it would be too soon.”

“What if Zash double crosses you once you’ve given her a body?”

“She’d be mortal,” Nox whispered, her lips curling up at the corners like horns. “Besides, what’s life without a little risk?”

“You’re crazy, Sith. You’ve got the old man’s fortune—and you’re Empress. Why don’t we get away for a while? Haven’t you ever thought about jumping into a ship and just…going?”

“Of course I have, but I need to do this. He would do the same for me and I would do the same for you, not to mention it’s my life’s ambition to rule. I can’t just abandon the Empire.”

Andronikos refilled their glasses. “You sure ‘bout that? Not so long ago, you were wishin’ to be a pirate, like me.”

“The life has its charm,” she oozed, “I’ll give you that. But as Empress, I’m the ultimate authority. That means no one can touch us. We both get what we want—freedom.”

They clinked glasses again and threw back the burning liquid. “Not exactly true, sweetheart. You seem to have forgotten about the Eternal Empire.”

“Believe me, I haven’t forgotten about them—or Jadus.”

Andronikos shook his head. “One thing’s for sure, life with you is never dull.”

“And I intend to keep it that way.”

“Remember how we used to fly out into the middle of nowhere and cut the engines and just drift for hours?”

“How could I forget? Shall we?” Nox slid off her stool and snatched up the bottle by its neck.

“Not so fast, Sith,” Andronikos grunted and reeled her in tight against his body.

“Looks like you have something in mind,” she crooned impishly.

“What’s that game you liked to play?”

Nox laughed, “You mean, ‘the overseer and the naughty acolyte?”

“That’s the one— now dance for me, slave.”

“Why don’t you try and make me,” she hissed breaking free, “overseer.” She ran giggling toward the bridge and the pirate followed.

((to be continued…))

Edited by Lunafox

Excellent chapter!

He's alive, thank god! I'd hoped and thought he survived but it's a relief to actually read it now and find out what happened to him. Stuck on Nathema without food or water, left alone to fix the ship and save himself... Scourge seems to have a knack for always getting stuck somewhere, having to survive alone, being the one left standing after tragedies. I hope he makes it back to Dromund Kaas and while I understand their situation, I'm still a bit miffed the others left him behind and didn't even look for him lol.

I also liked how it is Scourge who found the holocron and met Vitiate's father, freed him. Let's hope he can get that thing to Liatrix.

Nooo! Vowrawn's too handsome and sexy to be reduced to ashes!!! His pretty and delectable body... :( That's quite a daring scheme Nox is cooking up to be reunited with him though. I like it, it's very inventive and clever and I'm eager to see if she can pull it off. I also love the way you're using her origin story here, as well as the dynamic between her and Andronikos. I had to laugh at the comment about Khem and I enjoyed the little bit at the end, the Overseer and the naughty acolyte--who'd have thought Harkun could inspire such games? Lol.

Loved it and I look forward to the next chapter!

I like to take the time to sit down with a fresh cup of coffee and no distractions impending when I read your story. It's always worth it, especially when I am one part behind.

Love both the latest chapters. I could hear the companions' voices throughout each dialogue.

I, too, like the idea of Scourge finding the holocron, and the idea of this resurrection sounds in... *coughs* inspired. Looking forward to the trouble ahead. Hand me one of those shot glasses, please.

<3

Relief, sadness, and humor, what's not to like?

The desolation on Nathema and the toll on Scourge could be felt. It does seem fitting that he would find the holocron, he's waited for so long to end the emperor. Things within grasp are a relief and a curse, patience is key and Scourge has learned that lesson well.

A nice homage back to the SI story with Khem and Zash. I think your dislike of Ahsara bled through a bit here, lol and she would be more than a fitting sacrifice to get Vowrawn back. And, of course, Nox would have the temerity to try and pull something like this off. The conversation between her and Zash would be an interesting tidbit.

Our beloved Vowrawn, reduced to a jar full of ash, hardly seems fair, but death makes no distinctions.

Loved the wordplay between Nikki and Nox. I always figured they both had a few kinks, lol. Who would have thought that her time at the academy would inspire such foreplay. *snicker*

Extremely enjoyable chapter. Can't wait for the next.

Edited by MishaCantu

Excellent chapter!

He's alive, thank god! I'd hoped and thought he survived but it's a relief to actually read it now and find out what happened to him. Stuck on Nathema without food or water, left alone to fix the ship and save himself... Scourge seems to have a knack for always getting stuck somewhere, having to survive alone, being the one left standing after tragedies. I hope he makes it back to Dromund Kaas and while I understand their situation, I'm still a bit miffed the others left him behind and didn't even look for him lol.

I also liked how it is Scourge who found the holocron and met Vitiate's father, freed him. Let's hope he can get that thing to Liatrix.

Nooo! Vowrawn's too handsome and sexy to be reduced to ashes!!! His pretty and delectable body... :( That's quite a daring scheme Nox is cooking up to be reunited with him though. I like it, it's very inventive and clever and I'm eager to see if she can pull it off. I also love the way you're using her origin story here, as well as the dynamic between her and Andronikos. I had to laugh at the comment about Khem and I enjoyed the little bit at the end, the Overseer and the naughty acolyte--who'd have thought Harkun could inspire such games? Lol.

Loved it and I look forward to the next chapter!

*beams* Glad you liked it!

Scourge for sure has had a rough go of it lately, but he is a survivor and he's survived worse I think over his time. To be fair to the others, there was no conscious Force User to sense him--Vowrawn was dead, Nox was out cold due to her own injuries and strength being sapped. The smuggler's crew and Andronikos I don't think realized that there was a door on the other side of the temple, they just saw an insurmountable pile of rock and didn't hear anyone or see anyone, so they figured he was crushed under it. I think once Nox regains her faculties and has thought about it for a while, it's going to occur to her to ask about it.

It seemed fitting that Scourge find that thing while he was there, not to mention I'm not really eager to relive or revisit that crap with Vaylin and the asylum. I have my own plans with how I'm going to deal with that.

I'm also happy that you enjoyed the part with Nox, with her crazy ideas that may not be so crazy after all, you never know lol. And I figured I should make it plain that Vowrawn really is gone, but not forgotten. I'd also always felt that there were loose ends with the SI story and Khem's companion story, so I wanted to touch on that. Thanks for reading and for the lovely comments. ^^

I like to take the time to sit down with a fresh cup of coffee and no distractions impending when I read your story. It's always worth it, especially when I am one part behind.

Love both the latest chapters. I could hear the companions' voices throughout each dialogue.

I, too, like the idea of Scourge finding the holocron, and the idea of this resurrection sounds in... *coughs* inspired. Looking forward to the trouble ahead. Hand me one of those shot glasses, please.

<3

Thanks for telling me that, I'm very flattered. *blushes* I'm also thrilled that you hear the characters in the dialogue and story. I like to hope that it makes up for the lack of class stories and time spent with beloved companions that we don't get in game...so I hope it's a way of spending time with some favorites, through the story.

And yeah, I agree Nox is borderline insane/inspired lol. :D *passes you a shot of Dodbri* Cheers!

Relief, sadness, and humor, what's not to like?

The desolation on Nathema and the toll on Scourge could be felt. It does seem fitting that he would find the holocron, he's waited for so long to end the emperor. Things within grasp are a relief and a curse, patience is key and Scourge has learned that lesson well.

A nice homage back to the SI story with Khem and Zash. I think your dislike of Ahsara bled through a bit here, lol and she would be more than a fitting sacrifice to get Vowrawn back. And, of course, Nox would have the temerity to try and pull something like this off. The conversation between her and Zash would be an interesting tidbit.

Our beloved Vowrawn, reduced to a jar full of ash, hardly seems fair, but death makes no distinctions.

Loved the wordplay between Nikki and Nox. I always figured they both had a few kinks, lol. Who would have thought that her time at the academy would inspire such foreplay. *snicker*

Extremely enjoyable chapter. Can't wait for the next.

Thanks :D I've always enjoyed having a bit of everything in a story, so I try to do the same. ^^

I'm glad you could feel the heaviness and the burden Scourge was going through by having to do all that on a planet that sucks away your Force ability and with little food and water...I hoped it would feel opressive and real.

I'd always felt there were things left unsaid and undone in the SI story so i wanted to bring that in and tie it up. And yes, my dislike came through, but I think Nox and I share an impatience with her Jedi wannabe apprentice. Nox is darkside, so hearing that excuse all the time makes her want to tear her hair out.

For me I rather enjoyed Andronikos's joke about 'it going against her teachings.' That made me giggle a bit inside. :D Temerity, insanity, with Nox it all kind of blends together lol.

And you're right, death makes no distinction, it takes the great and the weak alike, those full of life and those who aren't. And it wouldn't be Feravai/Nox without some kinds thrown in and of course Nikki shares in them and has a few of his own lol. :eek::p So happy you liked it and thanks for the lovely comment. ^^

Late again, but it's a good thing this time.....

I got Scourge from Jenny's story and this story all tangled up in my head momentarily (both on Nathema even lol) and if I'd written my comment right after I'd read this chapter I probably would have embarrassed myself badly:) Oh well....such are the problems of us old folks;-)

This was a great chapter! Such a relief to see Scourge alive even if under difficult circumstances. It was an interesting twist to have him be the one to find the holocron and meet Lord Dramath. I loved Dramath's character and was sorry his appearance in the game's story was so brief.

Nox and Nikki were priceless together. And I love her scheming to pull a "Zash" on Ashara in order to find out how to bring Vowrawn back! What an amazing idea......kinda hope it works!;-) No, I didn't like Ashara much either:)

As far as any games inspired by an Overseer.....in -my- head the Overseer would have HAD to be someone other than Harkun! Geeze how I hated that man.....

Awesome chapter!! Need more!:)

Late again, but it's a good thing this time.....

I got Scourge from Jenny's story and this story all tangled up in my head momentarily (both on Nathema even lol) and if I'd written my comment right after I'd read this chapter I probably would have embarrassed myself badly:) Oh well....such are the problems of us old folks;-)

This was a great chapter! Such a relief to see Scourge alive even if under difficult circumstances. It was an interesting twist to have him be the one to find the holocron and meet Lord Dramath. I loved Dramath's character and was sorry his appearance in the game's story was so brief.

Nox and Nikki were priceless together. And I love her scheming to pull a "Zash" on Ashara in order to find out how to bring Vowrawn back! What an amazing idea......kinda hope it works!;-) No, I didn't like Ashara much either:)

As far as any games inspired by an Overseer.....in -my- head the Overseer would have HAD to be someone other than Harkun! Geeze how I hated that man.....

Awesome chapter!! Need more!:)

I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. Dramath is a fascinating character and he deserved to be explored in more depth, as I found him interesting in the game too. Maybe someday I'll do more about him. Maybe. It'll depend on if I feel there is enough interest in my stories to continue them, I have been at this for well over five years posting reliably each week with the ongoing saga of my JK, her ancestors, and descendants. Not much sense in continuing if they bring little enjoyment.

But anyway, I'm glad you were entertained by Nikki and Nox, they are fun to write and my Feravai (Nox) is such a schemer lol. It's nice to know that you also dislike Ashara. :)

Actually the games were inspired by Harkun, I did a piece a long time ago, just a stand-alone thing between my Feravai and Harkun. It was in the short story thread, here is the link if you'd like to read it and get grossed out lol.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8010151&postcount=5426

LOL, Luna thank you for that link, that was great! At least you didn't realize who it was until the end:) Gross yeah but I enjoyed it anyway;-)

You're welcome :) Glad you enjoyed it, there is a small part of me that is amused by Harkun. He's so awful. :o

I'd never read that short by you before. I never imagined for a moment that things didn't get raunchy at Ye Olde Sith Academy. An entertaining read for sure. Thanks for the link.

You're welcome :) It was so old, I figured everyone had read it by now lol. It was a start to Feravai's story I toy with from time to time.

Edited by Lunafox

I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. Dramath is a fascinating character and he deserved to be explored in more depth, as I found him interesting in the game too. Maybe someday I'll do more about him. Maybe. It'll depend on if I feel there is enough interest in my stories to continue them, I have been at this for well over five years posting reliably each week with the ongoing saga of my JK, her ancestors, and descendants. Not much sense in continuing if they bring little enjoyment.

But anyway, I'm glad you were entertained by Nikki and Nox, they are fun to write and my Feravai (Nox) is such a schemer lol. It's nice to know that you also dislike Ashara. :)

Actually the games were inspired by Harkun, I did a piece a long time ago, just a stand-alone thing between my Feravai and Harkun. It was in the short story thread, here is the link if you'd like to read it and get grossed out lol.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8010151&postcount=5426

lol that's hilarious! What I'd give to be the devil who came up with that particular torture for Feravai! XD