The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

TOR Wins game of the year

Jett-Rinn

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....its been out for how long? And created at least 3 total trainwrecks full of QQ so far......

The forums are full of disappointed players, and its scores by player reviews are mediocre at best.

Talk about ******** accolaids.

Game reviews thus far--

5/5 G4TV

95 Ausgamers

93 PCGamer

92 3DJuegos

90 Gamereactor

90 Vandal Online

90 Cheat Code Central

90 XGN

90 Gamers.at

89 VentureBeat

88 Ten Ton Hammer

80 Guardian

80 Gameblog.fr

80 Eurogamer Italy

The forums are not a valid location to determine approval for a game. Most people playing this game don't even know there's a forum to use, much less use it to channel their juvenile raqe about a game that's only been out for a week and people expect it to have the polish and content level of a game out for seven years.

Game reviews thus far--

5/5 G4TV

95 Ausgamers

93 PCGamer

92 3DJuegos

90 Gamereactor

90 Vandal Online

90 Cheat Code Central

90 XGN

90 Gamers.at

89 VentureBeat

88 Ten Ton Hammer

80 Guardian

80 Gameblog.fr

80 Eurogamer Italy

The forums are not a valid location to determine approval for a game. Most people playing this game don't even know there's a forum to use, much less use it to channel their juvenile raqe about a game that's only been out for a week and people expect it to have the polish and content level of a game out for seven years.

I would also like to point out that people that are really enjoying the game are far more likely to be playing the game than hanging around on the forums.

This part of their rationalization for naming it GoTY made me laugh so hard:

•Introduced dynamic PvP combat.

Umm... yeah. Bioware hasn't "introduced" a single thing when it comes to PvP. I can't think of a single thing that Bioware does in terms of PvP that isn't done better in at least three or four other games.

This part made me roll my eyes:

•Stunned them with technical innovation

Technical innovation? Really?? In what respect? Voice over?

Evidently the folks at MSNBC think Bioware invented the MMO. They might as well have said,

"these are the reason we're giving TOR GoTY;

1. We really like story.

2. The story is really good.

3. For the first time ever, we get a good story in an MMO.

4. Also, the story is great!

5. And this is the first game we've ever PvP'd in so we think TOR PvP is somehow unique."

Edited by Mannic

This made me die a little. There's no way. I'm sorry, but there's absolutely no way. Against fantastic, polished games like Portal 2, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, etc? NO. The game just came out and is missing tons of features. Maybe next year, but lol at GOTY.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....its been out for how long? And created at least 3 total trainwrecks full of QQ so far......

The forums are full of disappointed players, and its scores by player reviews are mediocre at best.

Hahahahahahahahaha!

You are correct on one thing, the forums are full of disappointed players. The 1m+ happy players are too busy playing the game to post on the forums!

I'm only here because I can't play the game right now as I'm on holiday, otherwise I would not be able to contradict your failed logic.

Hahahahahahahahaha!

You are correct on one thing, the forums are full of disappointed players. The 1m+ happy players are too busy playing the game to post on the forums!

I'm only here because I can't play the game right now as I'm on holiday, otherwise I would not be able to contradict your failed logic.

This is the point no one ever seems to understand, the number of people who frequent the forums are in the minority.

This is the point no one ever seems to understand, the number of people who frequent the forums are in the minority.

The only time I'm on the forums is when I can't play. The whiners and trolls are here 24/7 backing each other up until they are convinced no one likes this game. If you don't like this game, fine. Just stop hanging around the forums. Leave it to those who want to dicuss the game in a mature fashion.

/end rant

LOL...msnbc clearly doesn't know much about gaming. If anything, Skyrim is far more interesting and captivating to play. SWTOR is good, but far from great.

What about these guys?

5/5 G4TV

95 Ausgamers

93 PCGamer

92 3DJuegos

90 Gamereactor

90 Vandal Online

90 Cheat Code Central

90 XGN

90 Gamers.at

89 VentureBeat

88 Ten Ton Hammer

80 Guardian

80 Gameblog.fr

80 Eurogamer Italy

Dont forget to mention that SWTOR released afterwards ;)

Out of over a million users under 100 are constantly filling the forums with "disappointment" .. Nice try though.