plz make solo rwz cross faction

brutall

I disagree. It is star wars - sith against jedi, reps against imps. Dont mess up this war.

Have not you heard, we are now the Outlander alliance :p.

On a more serious note, it makes sense to do that for ques and faction imbalances. We already moved beyond that in the story were it matters. No need to hold on to it in PvP.

Faction imbalance is created by the team reward system.

The alternative is: individual effort reward, as in medals.

Simply put, you would have to pay me a lot (of UCs) to get me to pvp on the Republic side.

Its a n excellent idea. On Red Eclipse, Sith wins most games, and I think on Harbinger Republic wins most games. So this is no fun for those who always lose, but its also no for those who always win. Mixing would solve both issues. And besides, all level 51+ stuff is basically same for republic and empire, so yeah.

But they've already said that's not technically possible.

we all know thats BS, we're not living in the technical world of 1995 here. Somebody doesn't want to foot the bill for the work, thats what it comes down to. They don't want to pay, but they want us to pay. Kind of resembles Congress and Obamacare haha

Have not you heard, we are now the Outlander alliance :p.

On a more serious note, it makes sense to do that for ques and faction imbalances. We already moved beyond that in the story were it matters. No need to hold on to it in PvP.

Kotfe is a garbage not stat wars. True star wars is everything that happens before kotfe, thats why i don't like new content (and most of the people too). It is reps problem that they are unskilled. Me for example transferred all my reps chars to t3m4 where reps dominate pvp. I want to fight real enemies, not my own allies.

Besides, all current wrzs (except odessen) are related to classic story line (otherwise, why we fight in novare, alderaan, voidstar??). Most of the wrzs ate not related to kotfe content

Edited by omaan

Yes, we need cross faction 8 man WZs asap... but I don't think we need arena or ranked.. yet

No we dont need it. And Eric also stated before that Cross-faction will mess lore, and it wont be star wars anymore.

I disagree. It is star wars - sith against jedi, reps against imps. Dont mess up this war.

Every time someone posts the great idea of making all wars cross-faction there is always a dummy that argues that we shouldn't mess with the sith against jedi. The problem with your argument is: THERE IS NO SITH AGAINST JEDI ON THE GAME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

All wars are sith versus sith because the pvp doesn't really allow pubs to participate. This is because of a terrible imbalance. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD, TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.

So until the gear imbalance is fixed and pubs actually are in somewhere near 50% of the wars again you cannot use this argument.

The funny thing is, the OPs solution actually helps to restore the game to what you want, leaving it as is DOES NOT. Think before you post.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

we all know thats BS, we're not living in the technical world of 1995 here. Somebody doesn't want to foot the bill for the work, thats what it comes down to. They don't want to pay, but they want us to pay. Kind of resembles Congress and Obamacare haha

You are right this is BS. And back in the early days of gaming, even back in the ancient days of early MMO type games I wrote the server driver hooks to connect players across many vary different games and it worked fine. So its not new technology that is needed, even ancient programmers could do it. Here its just pure laziness.

They would just need to have a cross server pool for the queue, and hand player connections to each server for the actual wars that the queue lands you in. Lag/latency management can be considered for queue candidacy and players could be given an option to opt out of the multi server queue, or even could be given a different pop-up when a queue popped them into another server. This is just one of many ways this could be done. I think the devs may just be afraid to mess with the foundational server level player connections and queue handling algorithm. Hence, laziness.

Cross server between 2 exact same games is much easier than what we did in the past between very different games because there would not be a need for a compat translator, just handing player connections with (gear/inventory information) around is not hard.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

or they could pull their heads out their butts and set up cross server

That's apparently a technical impossibility at this point and will never happen.

I support the sentiment of the OP so we have no more sync shenanigans.

Every time someone posts the great idea of making all wars cross-faction there is always a dummy that argues that we shouldn't mess with the sith against jedi. The problem with your argument is: THERE IS NO SITH AGAINST JEDI ON THE GAME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

All wars are sith versus sith because the pvp doesn't really allow pubs to participate. This is because of a terrible imbalance. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD, TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.

So until the gear imbalance is fixed and pubs actually are in somewhere near 50% of the wars again you cannot use this argument.

The funny thing is, the OPs solution actually helps to restore the game to what you want, leaving it as is DOES NOT. Think before you post.

"Those are training simulations not war. True war happens when it is reps vs imps. And you want to take it away. NO THANKS, i like lore and story.

Bolster will be buffed significantly, so your gear disbalance wont work.

And it's only reps fault they are bad, no one else.

Edited by omaan