208 pvp gear vs Tier one 230 gear for Sorc.

Icykill_

This is based on a Sorc, but should also work on other classes.

If you have the old 208 gear just use it till you get tier two or higher gear as it bolsters better with secondary stats and will allow you to sacrifice equipping any accuracy because it will Bolster it to 105%.

This means you can stack more Crit or Alacrity enhancements (if you have them. It's important not to mix the internal shells with different rated items or it negates it).

It also means you can probably add an extra power or mastery Augment too.

You will only have about 100 less health and about 10 less Primary damage stats. This is more than made up for with the higher crit and Alacrity.

For it to work you need to have all 208 items including ear, implants and relics. Also wait till you can equip 242 or higher weapons and don't use 230 or 236.

You will be tempted to add higher gear as you get it, but what I've found is you can nerf your damage output significantly. It's better to actually wait till you have 242 gear.

Anyway this is based on my experience. I'll leave it up to you to see how it translates for you.

Déjà vu

It has been tested and posted previously. Thought this was common knowledge. Have so many left and a few fresh replacements that this was missed?

Always keep your old armorings.

I know jugg tanks that still use the intercede heal set bonus.

Vindicator PvP 2-piece - Intercede or Guardian Leap heals you for 8% of your total health (from1.0)

Edited by Liquor

Déjà vu

It has been tested and posted previously. Thought this was common knowledge. Have so many left and a few fresh replacements that this was missed?

Always keep your old armorings.

I know jugg tanks that still use the intercede heal set bonus.

I never saw any other threads and I'm on here daily.

How did you find this out? Can you show proof? Does this work for all classes? Have you tested it? I am skeptical but intrigued.

What sort of proof do you need?

It's pretty easy to test. Next time you get a ear or implant drop that is 230. Swap your 208 one for it in a match and watch your stats go lower.

How did you find this out? Can you show proof? Does this work for all classes? Have you tested it? I am skeptical but intrigued.
its stupid, but true. i have tested it with the bolster thing on the fleet and 242 barely has better stats than 208s in warzones. so not only is tier 1 worse to use in warzones, but also tier 2. i skip it and go right to tier 3 when upgrading from 208s. Edited by mitchsts

its stupid, but true. i have tested it with the bolster thing on the fleet and 242 barely has better stats than 208s in warzones.

But when you compare it to 248 there is a massive difference. It's why Bolster needs to be made 248-250 or we are going to see exactly the same thing with even when it's 242

I am all up for bolster 250 so the gear difference in warzones is depleted and gearing to be meaningfull only for operations on hm and nim modes.

But the other face of it,people will say that now grinding for gear all this time for nothing is a stab in the back.

We can't please everyone can we?

This is based on a Sorc, but should also work on other classes.

If you have the old 208 gear just use it till you get tier two or higher gear as it bolsters better with secondary stats and will allow you to sacrifice equipping any accuracy because it will Bolster it to 105%.

This means you can stack more Crit or Alacrity enhancements (if you have them. It's important not to mix the internal shells with different rated items or it negates it).

It also means you can probably add an extra power or mastery Augment too.

You will only have about 100 less health and about 10 less Primary damage stats. This is more than made up for with the higher crit and Alacrity.

For it to work you need to have all 208 items including ear, implants and relics. Also wait till you can equip 242 or higher weapons and don't use 230 or 236.

You will be tempted to add higher gear as you get it, but what I've found is you can nerf your damage output significantly. It's better to actually wait till you have 242 gear.

Anyway this is based on my experience. I'll leave it up to you to see how it translates for you.

When people still don't know common knowledge since 5.0 and feel the need to post a thread about it to seem like they're the creator of said knowledge almost 4 updates later....

P.S. Just because you can't find a thread about it doesn't mean people don't already exploit and abuse the living **** out of the bolster system. There's ways to make the stats from a relic proc constant while giving you 2k+ more health as a full 248 aug'd player. Abusing the bolster system isn't new my friend...

if you have an old 208 pvp gear, just keep it until reach the bolster cap (including relics !)

and for players who, for example played sniper in 4.0 and was obliged to full customed their 208 gear to max stamina in order to survive arenas..bolster now is just golden ;) (130k life for quasi free)

Edited by Thaladan

I am all up for bolster 250 so the gear difference in warzones is depleted and gearing to be meaningfull only for operations on hm and nim modes.

But the other face of it,people will say that now grinding for gear all this time for nothing is a stab in the back.

We can't please everyone can we?

A stab in the back because they didn't get an unfair advantage that others got?

By that logic we should leave all exploits in game until everyone gets to use them :rolleyes:

Anyway I had heard this 208 thing in the past but it was in the context of an RNG whine so I didn't put much stock in it.

So basically in my 236 toons I have the lowest stats of anyone?

Terribad devs; time to go play EVE getting my skills for black ops battleship this week, not the greatest ship but fun to have :D

Did I miss an announcement?

Nah just another one of her "Oh I'm quitting the game next month when my sub runs out unless the Devs follow all of my orders from me, the community spokesperson, to 'fix the game'" announcements. But it's ok. She'll be back like always.

When people still don't know common knowledge since 5.0 and feel the need to post a thread about it to seem like they're the creator of said knowledge almost 4 updates later....

P.S. Just because you can't find a thread about it doesn't mean people don't already exploit and abuse the living **** out of the bolster system. There's ways to make the stats from a relic proc constant while giving you 2k+ more health as a full 248 aug'd player. Abusing the bolster system isn't new my friend...

Why are you always such a .... I posted for others, not myself or you...

Its also not abusing Bolster to point out that it's better to keep your 208 gear and bypass 230... with the current gear gap and stupid Bolster lvl that Bioware implemented it is beneficial to understand how broken it is.

Maybe instead of abusing people you could try helping the community or just climb back under the rock you came from

A stab in the back because they didn't get an unfair advantage that others got?

By that logic we should leave all exploits in game until everyone gets to use them :rolleyes:

Anyway I had heard this 208 thing in the past but it was in the context of an RNG whine so I didn't put much stock in it.

So basically in my 236 toons I have the lowest stats of anyone?

Terribad devs; time to go play EVE getting my skills for black ops battleship this week, not the greatest ship but fun to have :D

Not completely the lowest, but you will be close to 208 stats. It just seems such a waste of unassembled components to use them on 236 items. I've put 236 stuff in my weapons and I've seen stats drop a tiny amount. But I'm not going to waste 100k in credits to remove them. So as soon as I can I'll swap them for 242 and see what happens.

Done more testing, spent about 2 mil removing and adding things.

So far best set up pre 242-246 gear with out wasting unassembled components is -

236 main hand w/228 aug

208 off hand w/228 aug

208 head w/228 aug

208 chest w/228 aug

208 hands w/228 aug

208 legs w/228 aug

208 feet w/228 aug

Waist 208 armor and 230 mod w/228 aug

Wrist 208 armor and 230 mod w/228 aug

208 ear, implants and relics with 208 Augments