I.O./A.S. Stats

Martin

Fellow I.O./A.S. players,

I've been wondering, what are you guys running with (stats wise), and how good does it work for you ?

I currently run with 1900 crit and 1500 alacrity, and I'm not too satisfied with my numbers right now. So I'm trying to find what could be better (other than me, off course :D ).

Thanks

The optimal PVE stats for IO/AS right now is to have your crit and alacrity about even. However, this is the peak of a shallow curve. You can actually have more than a 1000 point spread between them and still achieve less than 0.5% difference in DPS.

This is based off of simulations against the target dummy. PVP may have a different optimal stat allocation.

I found that the most optimal stats for IO is the ones below. (for 248 + all datacrons)

No reason to go over 1800 crit, since there is actually a cap.

If you go over 1300 alac too much, you will break your procs and/or lose crit.

7130 mastery

4140 power

1760 crit

1270 alac

750 acc

If you are still not sure about it, look me up on parsely and see the numbers for yourself.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Edited by azamba

I saw your numbers on parsely, hence why I'm here asking!

Thanks for sharing, I'll sure give it a try. :p

I would be curious to know what others are doing too.

Edited by Martin

I found that the most optimal stats for IO is the ones below. (for 248 + all datacrons)

7130 mastery

4140 power

1760 crit

1270 alac

750 acc

If you are still not sure about it, look me up on parsely and see the numbers for yourself.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Unless you have a parse to you of the 5.3 which exceeds the 9k1 with its stats which proves the opposite to me. As much mastery is completely useless you lose too much in critical, bonus damage, and critical multiplication, while criticism and power increase more each of the 3 statistics I just mentioned.

You operate at a loss with such stats, because the curve of the master is decaying or at least not regular in gain whereas the gain of the power and the critic is rectilinear

7130 mastery

4140 power

1760 crit

1270 alac

750 acc

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Does this mean you're using Power or mastery augments (can't log right now so can't check my stats)? Also any idea how Chernova is pushing 250 more DPS than you (or anyone else). Rotations are too close imo to make such a big difference.

Does this mean you're using Power or mastery augments (can't log right now so can't check my stats)? Also any idea how Chernova is pushing 250 more DPS than you (or anyone else). Rotations are too close imo to make such a big difference.

I've been wondering that aswell.

The rotation is a bit different, but shouldn't make that much of a difference. :rak_02:

I've been wondering that aswell.

The rotation is a bit different, but shouldn't make that much of a difference. :rak_02:

Chernova also got 30k more crit damage than Chabokku, I don't know the differences in rotations (outside of they use abilities in a different order, but each full rotation seems to fit the same abilities) since I don't play io, but at first glance it just seems Chernova got much luckier. However, he was able to fit in 3 more missile blasts which will increase it more than just getting luckier.

Chernova also got 30k more crit damage than Chabokku, I don't know the differences in rotations (outside of they use abilities in a different order, but each full rotation seems to fit the same abilities) since I don't play io, but at first glance it just seems Chernova got much luckier. However, he was able to fit in 3 more missile blasts which will increase it more than just getting luckier.

Our rotations are slightly different. But that's not the reason why he was able to do those numbers.

In one word: Luck. In two words: Pure luck.

If you watch the replay, he was doing a "normal" number up till the end (around 9.7-9.8k), but in the last 30s he crit almost everything, which is almost impossible, but it happened, and that pushed his numbers in the last moments.

He can try and he will never do those numbers again. For instance, his best number before that was around 9.8k.

These situations can happen with anyone, even in boss fights, where you get extremely lucky with your crits and the fight itself is in your favor and your final numbers are beyond "normal". You seldom repeat that again.

We call those situations an Anomaly.

That being said, I still consider the limit for IO being around 9.9-10k, same for Sniper (Vir/Eng). Anything beyond that is an Anomaly and shouldn't be taken as example.

No, I don't use Power or Mastery augments.

Edited by azamba

http://parsely.io/parser/view/301103/0 Found his 5.3 parse, over 9.9k... soooooooo.

Congratulation if you look I was talking about Burst spec no DOT so gunnery and arsenal, even if it comes out of the subject, I forgot I am mereel jaster.

On the other hand, at the level of mastery, what applies in burst is also in dowry.

It should not be forgotten that the special burst is valid on 80% of the bosses whereas the Dot really only on 30%. Moreover the Dot is not really impacted by the nerf.

Edited by SabreDesJedi

Our rotations are slightly different. But that's not the reason why he was able to do those numbers.

In one word: Luck. In two words: Pure luck.

If you watch the replay, he was doing a "normal" number up till the end (around 9.7-9.8k), but in the last 30s he crit almost everything, which is almost impossible, but it happened, and that pushed his numbers in the last moments.

He can try and he will never do those numbers again. For instance, his best number before that was around 9.8k.

These situations can happen with anyone, even in boss fights, where you get extremely lucky with your crits and the fight itself is in your favor and your final numbers are beyond "normal". You seldom repeat that again.

We call those situations an Anomaly.

That being said, I still consider the limit for IO being around 9.9-10k, same for Sniper (Vir/Eng). Anything beyond that is an Anomaly and shouldn't be taken as example.

Yeah that's pretty much what it comes down to. That parse was my only one over 10k. I've had parses that were luckier up to the 3ish minute mark, but nothing else where the luck lasted the whole parse through. I had something like 18/27 big hits crit during the last minute of the parse which is around 1 in 40 chance, but I also had fairly good luck on the dots as well so it's probably actually closer to 1 in 100, and that's just the last minute. Personally I don't think there's any measurable difference between most of the top IO rotations. There's probably 6 different rotations in the top 10 parses and I'd be surprised if they had a spread of more than 100 dps on average.

And as far as stats go I'm about the same as Chabokku. Around 1300 alacrity and 1800 crit. I use a power/mastery stim so that I can swap between heal and dps spec without changing it.

Edited by Machricar

I'm not a fan of the DoT special and do not play it, but what's in the burst for mastering is for all specializations. The theory crafting shows it there is little or no addition of mastery and especially not in such quantity

The theorycrafting also assumes there's no alacrity issues with IO procs which is why it suggests higher alacrity than what most people actually use.

Edited by Machricar

The theorycrafting also assumes there's no alacrity issues with IO procs which is why it suggests higher alacrity than what most people actually use.

On 9% (924) and pretty satisfied (pvp).

Curious about adding +3 Alac augments though.

Edited by Aetideus

• 2 months later...
I've been wondering. With the high alacrity builds that seems to work well for a lot of class, and the fact that I.O. can't go over 1200 something not to mess with procs. Would it be more optimal to actually lower alacrity to somewhere around 789 ?

I've been wondering. With the high alacrity builds that seems to work well for a lot of class, and the fact that I.O. can't go over 1200 something not to mess with procs. Would it be more optimal to actually lower alacrity to somewhere around 789 ?

I remember, back in 3.x I played without any Alacrity and was really well. Maybe the ~800 built is a serious choice.