Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Player on Top of Pillar in Ancient Hypergates

Kurj

I recently encountered an enemy sniper perched up on the pillar next to the "imp side" pylon. I have 2 questions:

1. How do you get up there?

2. How do you, as a melee toon, get a sniper with entrench down from there?

I recently encountered an enemy sniper perched up on the pillar next to the "imp side" pylon. I have 2 questions:

The pillars have offset stones so you can jump up to the 3rd one, it's not that hard. Unless your talking about them being even higher, then in that case I can only guess their using an exploit or teleport hack. I just recently saw a Operative get across to the other side with both bridges still down. he was able to plant the bomb before any of us were over there. So there's defiantly some cheating going on.

The pillars have offset stones so you can jump up to the 3rd one, it's not that hard. Unless your talking about them being even higher, then in that case I can only guess their using an exploit or teleport hack. I just recently saw a Operative get across to the other side with both bridges still down. he was able to plant the bomb before any of us were over there. So there's defiantly some cheating going on.

Op's/Scoun can use holo-traverse to an enemy player (or ally), more than likely you had a team mate waiting on a pull or just standing there in which Ops/Scoun or Sins/Shadows can holo-traverse over and thus cap the door. Just like a sorc/sage can pull players back over or jugs/guardians can leap or use intercede.

I think I know what you're talking about. The answer to the question is, you don't. Remember what happened to Anakin when Kenobi had the high ground? Don't try it!! Seriously, just don't.

It's a great strategic position for a Sniper. The only way to win that fight is to never engage.

Edited by teclado

I think I know what you're talking about. The answer to the question is, you don't. Remember what happened to Anakin when Kenobi had the high ground? Don't try it!!

Kinda like Darth Sidious taking the high ground in Return of the Sith aka poor Yoda..😁

Edited by Caeliuxrules

The pillar was super tall. I'll try to get a picture of the one I mean tonight and post. As far as Anakin and the high ground...let's just say my efforts to remove him were less than successful. Edited by Kurj
typo

Not necessarily. I've been blown onto, upto, into some weird places in this game. I once got blown from one hypergate all the way over to the other hypergate when I was pushed back by a sniper. I literally went for a fly and could see the whole map I was so high. I've had similar experiences in other maps.

There are a couple of possibilities based on wether they could get back to that same spot after each pylon explosions.

1. They are good at jumping and getting the exact spot to jump climb to that spot. The same as you can do in most pve maps.

2. A Sorc got up there using method 1. or got blown up there. Then they put down phase walk and pulled up the sniper, then after each explosion the Sorc would phase walk there and pull up the sniper.

3. Possible hack.

As for the OP in Void star, there is a bug that allows OPs to get across. But I can also leap across on a Mara, Jugg or PT if people are near the edge. I believe Sins can to if they time it as they jump off.

I'm not saying it wasn't a hack. I've seen people open the first door before we are even out of the respawn, I've seen them open the bridge while the first doors are closed still.

Here's the pic. I am looking directly at the pillar he was up on.

http://imgur.com/a/OFS7f

Edit: Some more details. He only got up there once, at the end of the game when they were already going to win. He was on the second step from the top, so the top step was at his back as he faced towards the pylon. I have no idea how he got up there, I didn't see that.

Edited by Kurj

Here's the pic. I am looking directly at the pillar he was up on.

Edit: Some more details. He only got up there once, at the end of the game when they were already going to win. He was on the second step from the top, so the top step was at his back as he faced towards the pylon. I have no idea how he got up there, I didn't see that.

It's not hard at all to get on that pillar. And it doesn't really give you an advantage. You can still get slept there

It's not hard at all to get on that pillar. And it doesn't really give you an advantage. You can still get slept there

If a Sniper gets up there and you can't leap to him, that gives him an advantage because there is no way you are getting up there without him filling up with wholes and even if you did, he'd just knock you off.

A sniper shouldn't be able to have that kind of impinged field of fire. Especially if it's high enough that it's between 31-35' from the ground because than even other rDPS [save lightning] couldn't hit him up there but he could hit them.

That's a huge advantage for a Sniper.

If a Sniper gets up there and you can't leap to him, that gives him an advantage because there is no way you are getting up there without him filling up with wholes and even if you did, he'd just knock you off.

A sniper shouldn't be able to have that kind of impinged field of fire. Especially if it's high enough that it's between 31-35' from the ground because than even other rDPS [save lightning] couldn't hit him up there but he could hit them.

You can still hit him there. Most good snipers prevent you from leaping to them anyways. Its really not that great of an advantage as you think. Otherwise pylons would always be defended by a sniper up there. And theyre not.

I have accidentally rolled up on pillars with my sniper when entering cover. You know when you have an enemy targeted and a "green" spot shows up where you roll into cover automatically. This way you can reach pretty weird places both in pve and pvp

Its a sniper, it should try to find places like that to sit. Just like a stealther can stealth unimpeded. All you do is avoid them, they cant hit you if you go to the far side of the pylon. So theyll have to jump down.

I just recently saw a Operative get across to the other side with both bridges still down. he was able to plant the bomb before any of us were over there. So there's defiantly some cheating going on.

I planted like this a lot of times on my operative, its only possible if enemy dumb enough to stay near speed buff on the edge. So you can use holotraverse while stealthed and cap door. Always fun to see ppl complain about hacks, while not knowing how classes work in that game.

I planted like this a lot of times on my operative, its only possible if enemy dumb enough to stay near speed buff on the edge. So you can use holotraverse while stealthed and cap door. Always fun to see ppl complain about hacks, while not knowing how classes work in that game.

YA that's the key. Much easier as stealth. Some of the Non Stealth Leapers will wait on the other side hoping a passerby will come in range. If you're stealth they usually don't even see you as you leap to them and cap the door.

I've seen this guy, it is not the regular "3 jump" pillar.

Okay i tested it and IMO you cannot crawl on it alone without help even if you are the best datacron master in this game.

You either run into the low ceiling or must leap for like 5m.

http://imgur.com/a/hAFwn

:)

Maybe he was pushed by Jugg/Guardian. Maybe he rolled here to "cover". Maybe he is a cheater. Maybe im not so good in 3D games. Who knows. :p

Edited by Glower

• 5 weeks later...

Here's the pic.

I am looking directly at the pillar he was up on.

I think he or she used the force jim...

The subclasses (Mercenary, Sniper) have major roll movements to reach hard to reach areas.

On Harbinger, just recently I have witnessed what OP had seen: Atop the spawn area's middle high point was perched the other team's mercenary who sat out the match as their team was losing.

On Ebon Hawk's Orbital Arena, our team's sniper managed to get into part of the spawn area which did not auto-kick them, thus sitting out the match for the daily.

Edited by jimmorrisson

Never seen anyone here for erm... 4+ years. IMO, it's not so easy.

As I stated. It's not cause it isn't easy. Takes me all of 4 seconds to get up there. You don't see people up there cause it has no tactical advantage. Ie it is pointless.

As I stated. It's not cause it isn't easy. Takes me all of 4 seconds to get up there. You don't see people up there cause it has no tactical advantage. Ie it is pointless.

Please, can you make a screenshot from there?

You can upload it on http://imgur.com/ , also you can hide UI with ALT+Z.

Edited by Glower

Well to be fair it's not as obvious as a jugger jumping over and throwing you down the edge before capping. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.