Dots back on top

chrishill

I haven't tried the new Hatred, but I don't think Madness or Pyro are going to be FotM anytime soon. Certainly not Pyro...not without any defensives. Might set a record for most deaths in a warzone, but otherwise not worth it.

deflection reflect?

If he would've hit someone with 40k deflection reflect, someone would need to hit him with 80k :D

Any chance there is same bug/thing like there is on Lethality? Everytime i try out leth, my biggest hit is like 30k even though i never hit that

Also, can just be that the enemy was without gear completely, and stars happened to align and get relic procs and autocrit assassinate. While enemy having even sundered or some debuffs

Edited by Kirpputori

impossible

You aren't even gonna hit 29k in hatred.

You can actually do some random massive hits on lots of characters. In the past it was because people didn't have expertise. I'm not sure why it happens now, but it still does occasionally.

Fluff dmg.

Also, Threat Sensors... I love them all being dots.

I'm kinda with Wimbleton here. - If the enemy is spread out, DoTs aren't scoring that high.... and small to medium ticks are easily healed through with Puddle AoE heals, Hots nd such.

Some DoT Specs got a nerf, making them sure-and-steady DDs but lacking any kind of burst and poorly performing in Arenas where you need to pressure 1 character after another.

Oh yeah, that's right. They gave operatives a reflect that was 3x better than the assassin's....even though the operative gets theirs back 3x as fast if they take the right utilities.

Meanwhile my guardian is going oh everyone has a reflect now... thought that was my thing! Lol sorry couldn't resist. I don't really have much to say on topic for once... I feel that as a vigi guardian I do contribute to damage in WZ. But then I'm not as "dotty" a dot spec as say wathman/anni sentinels/maras.

I was playing hatred sin yesterday and I don't know how I did it but, I hit someone for just under 39k. otherwise hatred is pretty fun.

Lol. All you ever talk about. Ever. With your billions of credits you prob bought someone on the otherside to help you stack buffs on him tbh. Screenshot or didnt happen Vacey. :D Screenshot or didnt happen.

Dots always been strong in pvp with right people playing it. Pressure damage isn't fluff, its damage over time. And if hatred is hitting this hard with pressure in right hands its unstoppable vs 2 on any node guard. I can only imagine what it could do in ranked and what its parsing.. Edited by Caeliuxrules

Dots always been strong in pvp with right people playing it. Pressure damage isn't fluff, its damage over time. And if hatred is hitting this hard with pressure in right hands its unstoppable vs 2 on any node guard. I can only imagine what it could do in ranked and what its parsing..

Hatred is NOT a pure dot class its half dmg come from melee abilities and burst.... and it ALLWAYS did good ( they did not even needed a buff seriously )

look at maddnes sorcs and THEN tell me dots are in a good place.... damn fluff dmg that does nothing just pads your numbers on the score board..

Edited by Zolxtren

Hatred is NOT a pure dot class its half dmg come from melee abilities and burst.... and it ALLWAYS did good ( they did not even needed a buff seriously )

look at maddnes sorcs and THEN tell me dots are in a good place.... damn fluff dmg that does nothing just pads your numbers on the score board..

Madness was always strong, weird to see it mediocre. Then again depends end of day what your good at and what is your cup of tea. Hatred to me was always a pressure spec with mix of dot spread and burst where madness was pure bleed ya and pray for a healer spec. :) Edited by Caeliuxrules

DoTs were never meant to be all your damage. Combined they make a good chunk of it, with Demolish being significant to your single target pressure, and your direct attack comes and add more pressure on a target that already as its health ticking down.

As for your definition of a pure DoT class, no class fit that. There is no class that has much more than 40ish% of their damage coming from DoTs.

Anni has one of the rotation that uses the most abilities in the game, leth has over 50% of its damage from CA, Viru from cull and Lethal shots, (or used to at least, didnt check the new viru), and jugs's "dot" spec is vengeance, where the dots are mostly a byproduct of your direct damage, not the main damage themselves.

TBH scoreboard wise DoT spec SHOULD be above the others, and SHOULD be aiming their effort to taxing the healer's and creating opportunities to trickle down someone's health for your burst dps to suddenly jump on him and get them from 60-0 instead of 100 to 0, which less more time for the healer to react.

If as a pressure sustained you are doing less dps than a burst, then what use are you?