Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Warzones need WAY more CXP

tavrinDosa

you can farm hammer station in less than 10 min and get twice the cxp compared to a warzone that could take twice as long to finish. yeh you can get components but barely. the gear grind as a pvper is insane.

that is all

PVE bores me. I PVP because i like it not because it gives a meager amount of components.

you can farm hammer station in less than 10 min and get twice the cxp compared to a warzone that could take twice as long to finish. yeh you can get components but barely. the gear grind as a pvper is insane.

that is all

Than farm hammer station heh. CXP is not an issue in PVP and they have massive CXP boosters that you can buy very cheaply with tokens and credits. One is a 25% gain and the more expensive one is 100% gain. They make a huge difference.

I would like to see a restructuring of the reward system. Make it a little more complicated. This is an MMO.

Components: 1 per 2 medals for a win, 1 per 4 medals for a loss, no medal cap. Rounded up. Also include merit-based perks: winners get 1 extra component for top dps, kills, objective score, hps, and protection for a maximum of 5 extra components (per team, not per warzone; high performers on losing teams should get some decent rewards as well). This could lead to 13-14 components per win in some cases - a MUCH better rate. Perhaps include a base of 2 components, regardless of win or loss. That way backfillers get rewarded in kind.

Apply this to CXP as well. 2500 base cxp for a win, 1000 base cxp for a loss. Add 300 cxp per medal (no cap), as well as 300 cxp for top obj points, kills, dps, hps, and prot (per team, not per warzone, this way losers can get some decent rewards as well).

For every 100 mvp votes you get, bioware should mail you a crate containing 10 components, a vmc, and some medpacs/adreanals. Just a nice little touch. There should also be comparable valor rewards every 10 levels, increasing to every 5 levels after valor 75. Valor 100 rewards would be a sort of new alt starter kit: 10 vmc, 1,000,000 credits, 25,000 cxp, and 500 components. Make valor mean something, especially if components are going to be leagcy-wide.

Edited by Hoppinswtor

I would like to see a restructuring of the reward system. Make it a little more complicated. This is an MMO.

Components: 1 per 2 medals for a win, 1 per 4 medals for a loss, no medal cap. Rounded up. Also include merit-based perks: winners get 1 extra component for top dps, kills, objective score, hps, and protection for a maximum of 5 extra components (per team, not per warzone; high performers on losing teams should get some decent rewards as well). This could lead to 13-14 components per win in some cases - a MUCH better rate. Perhaps include a base of 2 components, regardless of win or loss. That way backfillers get rewarded in kind.

Apply this to CXP as well. 2500 base cxp for a win, 1000 base cxp for a loss. Add 300 cxp per medal (no cap), as well as 300 cxp for top obj points, kills, dps, hps, and prot (per team, not per warzone, this way losers can get some decent rewards as well).

For every 100 mvp votes you get, bioware should mail you a crate containing 10 components, a vmc, and some medpacs/adreanals. Just a nice little touch. There should also be comparable valor rewards every 10 levels, increasing to every 5 levels after valor 75. Valor 100 rewards would be a sort of new alt starter kit: 10 vmc, 1,000,000 credits, 25,000 cxp, and 500 components. Make valor mean something, especially if components are going to be leagcy-wide.

That's a great friggen idea Hoppi. Gives incentive to put effort in, not just stand on the sidelines or by a 3rd unneeded guard, it doesn't make limited contributions have no rewards, just less based on performance, doesn't screw over backfillers, that could really work well. Also addresses the ALT situation that many pvpers are unhappy with in this meta, I'm sure a lot of peeps would be happy with such a provision.

Best idea i've heard so far about how to improve PVP incentives and give things to strive for beyond just DPS/Heals/Protection.

Put that in the suggestion box Hoppi. That one's a keeper.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Sure you're completing all the PvP dailies and weekilies OP? coz if you have, you should be swimming in CMD tokens and UCs.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it was designed to encourage you to grind. Unfortunately you might need to grind harder.

-The system sucks, but that's a whole other discussion.

PVE bores me. I PVP because i like it not because it gives a meager amount of components.

Same, but I think that's the point. With the current gearing system we have a gear gap, so if they aren't ever going fix Bolster to close the gap, the only other solution is to increase CXP or components to let's us gear faster.

I'd pvp naked, actually I've done it in the past (just not in the game 😂 )... but all jokes aside... pvpers like us will pvp because we enjoy it, we don't need incentives to play more or stay subbed to pvp... the gear grind and gap has actually made me play less.

Edited by Icykill_

The CXP rewards are fine. The problem is that Hammer Station is the newest in a line of "most efficient" CXP paths:

1. heroics golds and champions - that got the nerf bat real fast
  2. KP starting area trash - took them longer but it got nerfed
  3. PvP/GSF - yes you read correctly, at one point PvP was the BEST CXP/time
  4. Uprising "Fractured" - the bug on the last boss is what made this so desirable, they fixed it and nerfed the CXP reward
  5. Hammer Station - be it VM or MM this FP has a lot of skippable content and the bosses are at best "tank and spank with adds". Somehow someway this FP will get the CXP nerf bat.

But then players will find the next most efficient CXP path. This will be a never ending struggle. BW made this bed now they and we have to live with the unintended consequences; BW wanted a system where all aspects of play would be "useful", but what they failed to realize was that too many players would actively seek the "most useful" no matter how slight the advantage is.

Edited by psandak

Please not just a blanket "more CXP" for warzones. There are already enough people who just show up to farm CXP and don't do anything but go hide in the corner.

I like some of the participation ideas though. Especially the one where we would get something based on MVP votes. Sure, that would be open to abuse, but everything in this game is open to abuse. Besides, I like to think that those of us who mostly solo queue actually earn our MVPs, either by doing something noticeably useful, or by back filling and getting the pity vote. :p

Sometimes I wish we could have a "Least Valuable Player" vote, and they would lose rewards. It would be me plenty, I'm sure, but still totally worth it.

Same, but I think that's the point. With the current gearing system we have a gear gap, so if they aren't ever going fix Bolster to close the gap, the only other solution is to increase CXP or components to let's us gear faster.

I'd pvp naked, actually I've done it in the past (just not in the game 😂 )... but all jokes aside... pvpers like us will pvp because we enjoy it, we don't need incentives to play more or stay subbed to pvp... the gear grind and gap has actually made me play less.

Only problem with that ICY is the drop rates for 248 in Tier 4 crates is abysmally low. I've opened about 300 Tier 4 crates, I got one 248 gear piece I could use [i get a ton of 248 clicky and Devistating Vengeance relics which are totally friggen useless though heh] and got 2 doubles I just could use.

They really just gotta up the Bolster, it so silly and such a waste of time, it's not like the PVPers are going to change their minds about this. It's just not what they want. Why make a whole segment of players unhappy with the style of play that they have not been into all along. Even if you speed it up, there's always gonna be some new people coming on the scene whether as new players or new alts, like this there will always be people who are effected by the gear gap.

Are you just not doing 70 PVP at all Icy? Just lowbie and middbies?

But then players will find the next most efficient CXP path. This will be a never ending struggle. BW made this bed now they and we have to live with the unintended consequences; BW wanted a system where all aspects of play would be "useful", but what they failed to realize was that too many players would actively seek the "most useful" no matter how slight the advantage is.

Not all players share the same preferences. Some prefer credits and alliance crates, some prefer conquest, some prefer specific gear pieces, some prefer unasssembled components, and some prefer getting the most CXP per hour.

That said, PvP is low on the CXP reward front and isn't very alt-friendly. I propose adding a CXP pack to PvP dailies to address both issues.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Only problem with that ICY is the drop rates for 248 in Tier 4 crates is abysmally low. I've opened about 300 Tier 4 crates, I got one 248 gear piece I could use [i get a ton of 248 clicky and Devistating Vengeance relics which are totally friggen useless though heh] and got 2 doubles I just could use.

I haven't gotten a single appropriate relic from the Tier 4 crates. Much like you, I could probably build a medium-sized museum out of the garbage relics drops though. Quite frustrating really, but I suppose that's what PvP is for, since you can only run Tyth HM once a week per character.

I want 1 warzone to give enough cxp to go from rank 1 to 300.

Who else agrees with me?

Inventory overflow! Maybe like 20 per warzone haha.

I like Hoppin's idea. I just get a little sad for classes like Mara that have a harder time earning medals (no taunts or heals for protection or healing medals).

They really just gotta up the Bolster, it so silly and such a waste of time, it's not like the PVPers are going to change their minds about this. It's just not what they want. Why make a whole segment of players unhappy with the style of play that they have not been into all along. Even if you speed it up, there's always gonna be some new people coming on the scene whether as new players or new alts, like this there will always be people who are effected by the gear gap.

Are you just not doing 70 PVP at all Icy? Just lowbie and middbies?

Oh, I agree with you 100%, Bolster needs to be increased again, gearing speed isn't good enough, but I'd take it over nothing.

I'm also hardly playing much of anything. I'm so disheartened by the whole situation that I can't be bothered. I've got a few lvl 70s up to about CXP 70. Most of the time I've played lately is with my partner on other servers making new alts and playing the vanilla story.

So....What people are proposing is a faster CXP route, and items/comms that are legacy wide so you can quickly gear up your main character by PVP ing with your alts,

OR gear up your alts by PvPing with your main.

OR using your lowbie/ midbie matches to count toward gear when you get to level cap.

Either method keeps you playing and not getting so bored. And you're rewarded whatever you're doing. It's a win/win!

- Just like they had prior to 5.0.... Before they scrapped it for this abortion of a system.

:rak_04:

Edited by Storm-Cutter

The system they had before was amazing (even though i had to mail my alts instead of putting tokens into legacy)

i would definitely settle for more unassembled components dropping, or cheapening the costs of gear through unassembled components. the grind for 248 is too much for a pvp'er (and no the solution is not getting pvpers to raid more)

If they set bolster to 250, problem solved. PvPers over time get some basic gear for missions and flashpoints if needed; but you almost have to raid to get OR NEED 248.

Plus they could tweak bolster on a per class basis to account for balance instead of nerfing everything, for example make mercs bolster 249, j/k :)

If they set bolster to 250, problem solved. PvPers over time get some basic gear for missions and flashpoints if needed; but you almost have to raid to get OR NEED 248.

Plus they could tweak bolster on a per class basis to account for balance instead of nerfing everything, for example make mercs bolster 249, j/k :)

this game isn't competitive and gear progression should still exist in pvp so players feel rewarded for time invested

this game isn't competitive and gear progression should still exist in pvp so players feel rewarded for time invested

Gear progression never existed in PVP prior to 5.0. Full PVP BIS gear was the work of a few days previously. There is no precedent for gear progression in PVP in this game, unless it existed in 1x era, but I never heard that about 1x era pvp.

Killing people and winning is the only reward most hardcore PVPers seek for their time investment.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.