Merc Nerfs a Joke

Icykill_

realy ? no Def CD nerfs ?

your freaking joking right ?

Well, technically this is a dcd.

I honestly think this is good the way they are going about it, in the past it was always a knee jerk reaction to balancing, and it resulted in a class going from OP, to absolutely useless. This is a step in the right direction in my book. Not perfect, but this is the way balancing should be approached.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you ppl plz stop with the Nerf me this and Nerf me that, and instead we should all focus on class balance, and everything that is broken and needs to be fix. Look at the PT. Its at the lowest right now, juggernauts too.. this game as some mayor issues that need be address and corrected immediately. Nerf a class is the easies thing a developer can do to avoid true responsibility while everything else gets ignore.

Right now they're getting ready to systematically Nerf Mercs to the ground. How many classes before the Merc we had see being nerf to the ground i.e Maras, Juggs, PT, and Sorcs, along with classes that are barely holding their own. Some classes can be categorize in either group. Depending on who's prospective.

Classes Holding Their Own

Assassins

Maras

Sorcs(subject to player skills)

Obsolete Classes

PowerTech

Juggernauts

Sorcs

Assassins(subject to player skills)

Classes that Aren't Broken

Operatives

Snipers

Mercs

Other mayor game issues that need to be address are bugs, hackers, premade, and the queue system for Rank and UnRank warzones.

Lets all focus on getting developers attention so they can fix what needs to be fix , instead of focusing on things that aren't broken.

Would you ppl plz stop with the Nerf me this and Nerf me that, and instead we should all focus on class balance, and everything that is broken and needs to be fix. Look at the PT. Its at the lowest right now, juggernauts too.. this game as some mayor issues that need be address and corrected immediately. Nerf a class is the easies thing a developer can do to avoid true responsibility while everything else gets ignore.

Right now they're getting ready to systematically Nerf Mercs to the ground. How many classes before the Merc we had see being nerf to the ground i.e Maras, Juggs, PT, and Sorcs, along with classes that are barely holding their own. Some classes can be categorize in either group. Depending on who's prospective.

Classes Holding Their Own

Assassins

Maras

Sorcs(subject to player skills)

Obsolete Classes

PowerTech

Juggernauts

Sorcs

Assassins(subject to player skills)

Classes that Aren't Broken

Operatives

Snipers

Mercs

Other mayor game issues that need to be address are bugs, hackers, premade, and the queue system for Rank and UnRank warzones.

Lets all focus on getting developers attention so they can fix what needs to be fix , instead of focusing on things that aren't broken.

Did you just said that sorcs can hold their own and that mercs and snipers are balanced well ?

Omg dont post about ballance when you have no idea what that even means....

Did you just said that sorcs can hold their own and that mercs and snipers are balanced well ?

Omg dont post about ballance when you have no idea what that even means....

I play Rwz almost everyday, and had see some deadly dps Sorc players. Its why I categorize it as "subject to player skills"

And as Healers had also seen some players that have mastered their kiting skills, making it a loss cost trying to aggro them.

I am only trying to be constructive, but anyone is welcome to follow their own personal agenda.

Edited by VIZIOO

I agree TR needs to go. but this dmg nerf is going to make a big difference.

The only DPS nerf to them that I think was appropriate was the critical damage bonus provided by Target Tracking, every other spec in the game lost this in 4.0. Enough with the 35K heatseekers. But that's as far as it should have gone. No one ever complains they do too much DPS overall, just the heatseeker craziness you see people comment on, but even that is livable [so to speak =p].

They are still going to overperform in PVP, when you have three lives to tend to do more consistent DPS. They should have gone at the obvious offending areas with their defenses that everyone knows by heart. If they weren't addressing utilities at this point, than they should have just waited until they do address them, or what would have made more sense was to start with the utilities first and see how those things effect DPS first before you start messing with the DPS at all.

Classic BW, totally bassackwards and beyond comprehension.

Since they already made their intentions clear regarding bringing Damage inline and then later adjusting utility once they gather some data with the new damage in place this sounds about right.

PvE damage...Well I guess we will see on that one.

In this case I think the DCD adjustments will come a bit later down the road if they are still needed...which is very likely.

Edited by Soljin

Since they already made their intentions clear regarding bringing Damage inline and then later adjusting utility once they gather some data with the new damage in place this sounds about right.

PvE damage...Well I guess we will see on that one.

In this case I think the DCD adjustments will come a bit later down the road if they are still needed...which is very likely.

Yep, pretty sure that's how it will go. Then there will be much salt.

Mercs being op for another 6 months confirmed. I hope that some other class receives a huge buff to become the next fotm. I tried to play all other classes with a lot of frustration but now I will just go back to my main, a merc, I guess. I always liked to play merc. I used to be the underdog and I thought I would be again in 5.3. But now I will just be one of 4 to 8 in my team.

maybe you guys missed it since you don't play merc but yes they did nerf a DCD. My chaffe flare is down to 2 from 5. THATS HUGE! I may not survive all those heatseekers coming at me from other mercs now!

Exactly. The "nerfr" is just a joke. They prove they never play. They cannot even identify the merc icon in 4 vs 4 mercs.

Mercs being op for another 6 months confirmed. I hope that some other class receives a huge buff to become the next fotm. I tried to play all other classes with a lot of frustration but now I will just go back to my main, a merc, I guess. I always liked to play merc. I used to be the underdog and I thought I would be again in 5.3. But now I will just be one of 4 to 8 in my team.

I play Elite W merc from 2012. That plague of merc rerolling is bad for dedicated mercs as well.

It is prohibiting to even play IO anymore. It is pointless.

Edited by Aetideus

so your saying mercs selfhealing themself to 100% HP 24/7 thx to the low cd is fine ?

okay......

I have never said I'm fine with the merc self heals, I tried to explain to these people why they aren't seeing any changes to utilities and dcds anytime soon.

If they do not make significant changes to merc DCDS in the July patch, I will unsub. My play time has already fallen off a cliff in the last two months. I'm thoroughly over 6 mercs in a voidstar chain netting everything that moves.

I play Rwz almost everyday, and had see some deadly dps Sorc players. Its why I categorize it as "subject to player skills"

And as Healers had also seen some players that have mastered their kiting skills, making it a loss cost trying to aggro them.

I am only trying to be constructive, but anyone is welcome to follow their own personal agenda.

It was easy to get 2k rating as sorc dps at previous seasons, but now there are very rare people who could get even tier 1 as a sorc dps. Also there is difference between playing ranked everyday and knowing how to read the game. And, trying to be constructive with half knowladge is worse than not trying to be constructive.

You can keep repeating yourself like an answering machine but that doesn't suddenly make the proposed changes any good. It doesn't matter what they said they were going to do, because what they said they were going to do is stupid.

He's saying that the devs have said from day 1 of doing class balance changes that DCDs will not be touched this patch so I as well am a bit confused as to what you think you and Icykill creating 3 different threads and multiple forum posts crying about merc nerfs being a joke will do.

Bioware has NEVER listened to us whenever we've suggested they make a change to a plan already in motion (Galactic Command anyone?) so it's just incredibly confusing to me as to why you would rather just keep complaining that the devs are incompetent about class balance instead of trying to come up with a reasonable post explaining why they are?

But to be honest, I'll agree with you in that the devs never listen to us in class balance changes on their way even though they say to make "suggestions or comments here!" and they have never actually made a class balance change that was necessary.. Mercs were strong in 4.0 but you could shut them down. In 5.0, they gave them (arguably) the best DCDs in the game with the most OP damage and said "go get 'em".

In my opinion, Bioware wants to try fixing the damage first then seeing if DCDs still need to be fixed (which in my opinion, they will be) but I'll cut them some slack because if you are trying to fix a major problem with no fix-all solution known then it's best to try fixing it one part at a time instead of rushing out one big solution that might end up just making the whole problem worse. It's really a step up in Bioware's class balance changes ability mainly because in the past they've done major "fix-all" changes that just completely broke everything. (Sorc DPS?)

Hopefully though with our new supreme overlord Keith, we can see more consecutive small but effective class balance changes over the upcoming months that'll bring a more happy balance to the game instead of every 6 months we get a major class balance change that completely skews everything for the next year or so until the next one.

He's saying that the devs have said from day 1 of doing class balance changes that DCDs will not be touched this patch so I as well am a bit confused as to what you think you and Icykill creating 3 different threads and multiple forum posts crying about merc nerfs being a joke will do.

Bioware has NEVER listened to us whenever we've suggested they make a change to a plan already in motion (Galactic Command anyone?) so it's just incredibly confusing to me as to why you would rather just keep complaining that the devs are incompetent about class balance instead of trying to come up with a reasonable post explaining why they are?

But to be honest, I'll agree with you in that the devs never listen to us in class balance changes on their way even though they say to make "suggestions or comments here!" and they have never actually made a class balance change that was necessary.. Mercs were strong in 4.0 but you could shut them down. In 5.0, they gave them (arguably) the best DCDs in the game with the most OP damage and said "go get 'em".

In my opinion, Bioware wants to try fixing the damage first then seeing if DCDs still need to be fixed (which in my opinion, they will be) but I'll cut them some slack because if you are trying to fix a major problem with no fix-all solution known then it's best to try fixing it one part at a time instead of rushing out one big solution that might end up just making the whole problem worse. It's really a step up in Bioware's class balance changes ability mainly because in the past they've done major "fix-all" changes that just completely broke everything. (Sorc DPS?)

Hopefully though with our new supreme overlord Keith, we can see more consecutive small but effective class balance changes over the upcoming months that'll bring a more happy balance to the game instead of every 6 months we get a major class balance change that completely skews everything for the next year or so until the next one.

This 100%

If you think these are small changes I think you need to see a doctor

Well, its a smaller change than doing sweeping nerfs accross the board would be. Everyone has been asking for incremental small-ER- balancing changes instead of sweeping knee jerk changes for years now. This is a good start imo. It might not have been the BEST place to start when it comes to toning mando/mercs down, but its a good sensible place to start.

Well, its a smaller change than doing sweeping nerfs accross the board would be. Everyone has been asking for incremental small-ER- balancing changes instead of sweeping knee jerk changes for years now. This is a good start imo. It might not have been the BEST place to start when it comes to toning mando/mercs down, but its a good sensible place to start.

It's not. In 6 months you'll be screaming bloody murder when they tackle utilities.

Why? Because suddenly the DPS nerf is entirely unwarranted since the nerf to utilities will also cause DPS fallout.

Edited by Evolixe

It's not. In 6 months you'll be screaming bloody murder when they tackle utilities.

Why? Because suddenly the DPS nerf is entirely unwarranted since the nerf to utilities will also cause DPS fallout.

Yeah. Unless BW pulls off some kind of balancing miracle around the DCDs, to balance mercs in PvP they are going to need to severely clobber either/both of KO or TR, hopefully by giving one/'both to Powertech, but likely by just nerfbatting them into LOL-land.

So, when that happens, you'll have mercs sitting at the bottom of the PvE DPS charts, and squishy again.

I'd be mad too, if I mained a merc.

I'm serious about that. I've been joking along with everyone else looking forward to the the upcoming DCD nerfbat to mercs, but I did *not* expect a near-10% DPS hit for them too. I feel bad for them.

Edited by stoopicus