Buttons reversed for Mail Retrieval.

Kyrra_T

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job increasing the space between the buttons but you reversed the buttons. How many people are going to delete money coming from sales on the gtn when they try to pull their money.

With my first character I noticed that, but forgot with the second. :rolleyes: If you have items in the mail then the system asked if you really want delete the mail and the items. Don't know when you only have credits in it.

But would be nice to change it back.... please. It's the second time I accidentally deleted old mails I want to keep :o

Good job increasing the space between the buttons but you reversed the buttons. How many people are going to delete money coming from sales on the gtn when they try to pull their money.

You would have to actually click the wrong button AND then click yes on the warning pop-ups to actually lose anything. While I'm sure some people will make the mistake a few times early on.. it's not fatal and those annoying popups will quickly condition even the densest of players to pay more attention to the buttons and do it correctly.

Edited by Andryah

You would have to actually click the wrong button AND then click yes on the warning pop-ups to actually lose anything. While I'm sure some people will make the mistake a few times early on.. it's not fatal and those annoying popups will quickly condition even the densest of players to pay more attention to the buttons and do it correctly.

depends on your definition of fatal....if it doesn't impact you then I can see how you'd say "no big deal", but some will still feel the sting. Someone just said in discord that they mailed their 248 set gear over and made this mistake, and mistakenly clicked the confirm button. Yes it was his error, but in the meantime he deleted his 248 set gear.

Edited by curulz

Well I did it on my very first email sending credits from one toon to another. And I went to open a ticket to see if I could get it back, but can't even open a ticket (fails to open in game). And yes, I clicked through the warning, but still....

Whoever changed this in development is a real butthead and I hope your milk goes rotten and your girlfriend leaves you and your dog runs away. You suck.

/thread

Clicking "no" on 19 popups in a row wasn't cool.

Yeah and it was in the patch notes:

• Updated the mailbox user interface button layout. “Get all attachments” is now next to “select all.” Additionally, there is now more space between the “get all attachments” and “delete all” buttons.

I'll eventually get used to the new way. I've just made it a habit for now of just slowing down when collecting.

I feel like we naturally go a million miles a minute due to muscle memory.

Edited by Nightblazer

I feel like we naturally go a million miles a minute due to muscle memory.

We do. In practically everything we do in our daily life. Just like everything else in this game it's something we can get used to, as you say, but why should we need to? Such an unnecessary change.

We do. In practically everything we do in our daily life. Just like everything else in this game it's something we can get used to, as you say, but why should we need to? Such an unnecessary change.

I'm not disagreeing. I'll get used to it either way. It doesn't really upset me. Annoyed yeah but nothing I can just get around.

depends on your definition of fatal....if it doesn't impact you then I can see how you'd say "no big deal", but some will still feel the sting. Someone just said in discord that they mailed their 248 set gear over and made this mistake, and mistakenly clicked the confirm button. Yes it was his error, but in the meantime he deleted his 248 set gear.

I clear hundreds of mails per day from the GTN. I have yet to lose anything with this change, nor did I lose it pre-patch when/if I spaced out and hit the wrong button (which I have done on occasion).

Edited by Andryah

I clear hundreds of mails per day from the GTN. I have yet to lose anything with this change, nor did I lose it pre-patch when/if I spaced out and hit the wrong button (which I have done on occasion.

I deleted several million credits before I had realized what i had done.

On a side note... I did not see this in the patch notes (did I miss it?) ... but you can now list on the GTNs for 3 days.

I see no point in doing that. At that amount of time your going to get easily out priced. Sure I guess as a temporary storage but your items is just going to be out priced within a day if it doesn't sell.

I see no point in doing that. At that amount of time your going to get easily out priced.

Depends. If you price things in the market to current fair market values (ie: you know the current fair market price ranges on your server and stick to them) ... someone may undercut you... but they will sell out and then you will pop in the listings. Works pretty well for me vs undercutters as I work items that are not currently fresh drops from packs.

I have a half a dozen GTN alts that I work daily. I also have another half a dozen I only check every couple days after listing expires... so this allows me to extend that one more day.

Edited by Andryah

I get that there are confirmation pop ups, and as it is they saved me some item/credit loss

WHY WOULD ANYONE SWITCH THEM???

What purpose did it actually serve?

It seems like on the programming angle it would take MORE WORK to switch them and add the space then just adding the extra space and leaving the rest alone.

Edited by Darev

I don't get it. Seems like everything is fine to me, the button to collect your credits is still on the lower left on the mail. How are people confused?

it's the two buttons you use with the "select all" function, not in any specific single e-mail window.

Not going to lie - ALMOST deleted my legacy gear and read the pop up.. ***

Please make them BIGGER or something and why did you swap them around?

Exactly. They are switched around.

Either we are the victims of serious trolling or this was a plan to get people to delete their gear, items and credits so they have to spend more money on the cartel.