New Mount Speeds NOT Working

foxxycandy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other disappointing thing about this perk is that, there was a perception that this would be a Legacy Perk and not a Character Perk. It would be nice if the could in future clarify issues like this before releasing them live.

The increase isn't alot but at least it is something. lets hope they fix it soon as not much point adding to other characters at this time.

The original system is that players receive speeder piloting rank from trainers as they level up, while the perk makes the ranks available at a lower level. This means that the perk is only an advantage for someone who's leveling up a character, while characters that have already reached level 70 should receive speeder piloting 4 and 5 from trainer after logging into patch 5.2.2. But that did not happen. My level 70 characters are still at rank 3. This doesn't make sense according to the original system. Edited by Lirtoo

When is 5.3 scheduled for? Are you seriously going to force us to wait that long to fix this new feature? Something like this needs to be hotfixed ASAP!

Is waiting really that difficult, just relax. It'll come. ^‿^

The speeder piloting is free and trainable at your skills trainer. You buy the character perk, if you want to have access to the various speeder piloting (speed boost) before you are of the required level to do so. For example, you can train speeder piloting level 1 when you reach level 10 or you can buy the character perk that allows you to use it from level 1.

So, it's not the same thing as saying you can ONLY access speeder piloting 1, if you buy the character unlock, which is the case with levels 4 and 5. And the announcement was misleading. If it is a character perk, then it should have the same characteristics as the speeder piloting 1-3, trainable at your skills trainer. You can't have it both ways. Otherwise, they should have their own tab under the global unlock.

TL;DR: If it is a character perk then it should be trainable, like speeder 1-3, at your skills trainer. If not, then it should be under a different tab in the global unlock sections.

The speeder piloting is free and trainable at your skills trainer. You buy the character perk, if you want to have access to the various speeder piloting (speed boost) before you are of the required level to do so. For example, you can train speeder piloting level 1 when you reach level 10 or you can buy the character perk that allows you to use it from level 1.

So, it's not the same thing as saying you can ONLY access speeder piloting 1, if you buy the character unlock, which is the case with levels 4 and 5. And the announcement was misleading. If it is a character perk, then it should have the same characteristics as the speeder piloting 1-3, trainable at your skills trainer. You can't have it both ways. Otherwise, they should have their own tab under the global unlock.

TL;DR: If it is a character perk then it should be trainable, like speeder 1-3, at your skills trainer. If not, then it should be under a different tab in the global unlock sections.

Like I said. The perk is something for people who wants to unlock the speeder piloting at earlier levels. If the system is still like that, then it is logic that a level 70 who has unlocked rank 4 and 5 perk travels in the same speed as other level 70's who have not unlocked them. Since they are travelling in the same speed, both of them got rank 5, or they are both still at rank 3 because of a bug. Either way, it seems to be a bug.

Bug type 1: As level 70, if we received rank 5 without the need of training, the bug could be that we all are travelling at 130%, but the certificate in the abilities sheet wrongly says rank 3 while being rank 5 in reality.

Bug type 2: As a level 70, rank 4 and 5 should have popped up in the abilities sheet as trainable abilities when we logged into 5.2.2, but didn't, which means we are all still travelling in 110% speed.

HAHA!! SWTOR says: "Suck it Polution! Go Green or Get Left Behind!" :rak_09:

Have you seen some of this creatures?! I'm sure they produce more methane and other gases in a day by farting than the whole population of coruscant... :D

LEGACY PERKS imply that it's Legacy wide. This is why the patch notes are misleading since they added 2 levels of Character Perks.

This is the exact quote from the patch notes :

•New mount speed Legacy Perks are available for purchase, Speeder Piloting 4 and Speeder Piloting 5. They increase mounted speed by 120% and 130% respectively.

Character perks are a sub-category of legacy perks. They are and always have been.

Fine wait till 5.3, but make it a legacy unlock as advertised and not a character unlock.

"Legacy Perk" means it is granted through the Legacy system, not necessarily a Legacy wide purchase. You made the Purchase on the Character Perk screen. That should have told you it was per character.

Hey folks,

After some digging we have determined what appears to be going on. There is a bug present in certain mounts which is preventing them from being affected by the Rank 4 and 5 speed increases. This is affecting most forms of speeders. This bug is not affecting creature mounts however, so using those is a work around in the interim.

We are looking to get this fixed in our next patch, which based on the current schedule is 5.3. I will provide any additional updates as I get them.

-eric

Hey Eric,

I've posted this on the Reddit but I'm not sure if you've caught onto it. Not every creature mount works.

One that I have confirmed works is the Hinterland Whitefang (for everyone else here).

What about tooltip that says about being available at 30 and 35 levels? Is it wrong?
It's not wrong.

That only means you need to be at least that level to be able to purchase (directly in your legacy window) or use it (item from the CM), not that the ability is automatically granted at that level.

If you want to use credits to purchase it in your Legacy window, there's an additional minimum Legacy level required to purchase it - IOW, you need both Character level 30 and Legacy level 10 if you want to purchase Speeder piloting 4 with credits, and you need character level 35 and Legacy level 12 to purchase piloting 5 with credits. But if you are paying with cartel coins, only the minimum character level applies.

Fine wait till 5.3, but make it a legacy unlock as advertised and not a character unlock.

Or at least give us an option to unlock this Legacy wide like we have with other stuff. Outfit Designer, Legacy Storage, etc.

I personally have no issue with the purchase of the "access earlier" unlock being on a per-character basis; after all, that is how the unlocks for earlier access to speeder piloting I, II, and III function, so it stands to reason that IV and V would work the same. The issue that I have is that the placement of these unlocks in the exact same location, and in the same normal "progression", if you will, as the 3 prior unlocks, makes it seem like it would behave the same: you can either purchase these unlocks to gain access to faster speeder speeds earlier, or you can just level up and gain them at the normal level via the skill trainer.

This does not seem to be the case. The skill trainers do not have these skills to train, at any level. They don't appear in your list of skills, even after purchase (I was an idiot and dropped the 1.8 million on my main immediately after patch). I think some additional clarification on these skills is of paramount importance: are these two unlocks required to get the speeder access, or do they perform in the same way as the three old ones, only allowing access earlier in the leveling process?

Very disappointing these are character perks and not legacy. For years we've been told the engine couldn't handle higher speeds (well maybe it was true after all, considering it's not working), and now we have to spend 50+ million to get up to speed again? This should really have been a legacy-wide purchase to unlock 4 and 5 on the trainer.

Totally agree, if they can make the additional CXP bonus a Legacy Perk, why not the two additional speeder speeds? Stupid to have to pay to increase each toon separately.

• 1 month later...

I need to make some things very clear, and to do so, I will quote the actual in-game text of a few items, and their raw implications:

Cartel Market Listing: Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting V

Details:

This grants the ability Speeder Piloting V at level 35, allowing the use of all Speeders. Speeder Piloting V increases your movement speed while on Speeders by 130%. This ability is usually available at level 70.

• Requires Level 35.

• Speeder Piloting V increases your movement speed while on Speeders by 130%.

• Unlocks the corresponding item in your Legacy.

What this listing tells me are the following:

This will give me an item that will grant me speeder piloting rank 5 as early as level 35 (provided I have unlocked Rank 4 by this time), which will subsequently increase my speeder's movement speed to 130%. If I don't buy this, I won't get Rank 5 until level 70.

What actually happens: it gives you the item Improved Speeder Piloting V.

Details:

Requires Level 35

Use: Applies the selected unlock to your Player Character.

Immediately grants the player Speeder Piloting V. This will unlock the matching Legacy Character Perk.

What this item tells me:

If I am able to use this item, I will have Speeder Piloting Rank 5 (which means I am level 35 or higher and already have Rank 4 unlocked on this character). Why did I buy this item when I could have just bought it and used it in one action via the Character Perks tab in my legacy window?

My points to be made:

1. The Cartel Market Listing is the only source that mentions that Rank 4 and 5 Speeder Piloting are normally available at levels 60 and 70 respectively, yet this is completely untrue! Ranks 4 and 5 are only obtainable by paying for it via the CM or the Legacy tab.
  2. These Piloting Ranks can be purchased via the Character Perks tab (as they are now undoubtedly intended) when you have the proper credits/CC and meet the other requirements, or you can buy the item off of the CM (why?), which does the exact same thing, only it creates a bound item in your inventory.
  3. The Cartel Market Item listings for both Speeder Piloting 4 and 5 differ greatly in their descriptions from Speeder Piloting 3, in that the level required mentioned is the same for Ranks 5 and 3 (level 35), and all 5 are misleading in that they unlock the corresponding item in your legacy.
  4. Speeder Piloting Legacy Perk listings in the CM are the only listings that use "Legacy Perk" in their item name, while other item listings that actually provide Legacy-wide unlocks use the prefix "Legacy Unlock".
  5. Other CM listings mention Account-wide unlocks, which is different to Legacy-wide unlocks (see Global Unlocks Section of Legacy Window), and vastly different from Character Unlocks.

After considering all of these points, and the obvious confusion (yes, even I was misled into buying ranks 4 and 5 off the CM), my conclusion is thus:

The Cartel Market Listings for Speeder Piloting I - V are not only redundant, but misleading in more than just one way. Not only are the rank 4 and 5 items blatantly incorrect about their being usually available at Levels 60 and 70 without the unlocks being purchased and used, the listings descriptions only make one very remote reference to the fact that they are strictly Character unlocks and not Legacy unlocks: "Unlocks the corresponding item in your Legacy." and this description is so vague as to its intention that it actually adds more evidence to the contrary as to what it will do. All of the listing description does is to say "Buy me now so you don't have to wait until level 70 on all your toons in your legacy to have rank 5 speed." For those that haven't seen that this item is in the Legacy Character Perk tab (and for those that haven't ever seen their Legacy Window, this is even more misleadng), this item listing is not only confusing and misleading, but horribly redundant, which makes it all the more confusing as to why it is available in the first place. This item requires the same level as Level 3 speeder piloting (huh?) and costs less than Speeder Piloting Level I (***?). The even more convoluted part is that we are able to train Speeder Piloting Levels I - III at higher levels (as intended), and we can still unlock those character perks even after we have those ranks (we can waste credits and CC on things we already have unlocked a different way). Since these inconsistencies occur in the CM, Legacy Window, and the Items themselves, many people have drawn the same conclusion that ranks 4 and 5 were intended to be Legacy-wide unlocks when purchased via the CM. What makes it worse is that many players won't see the item in the "show items" section of the listing, thus they won't see the actual item description until it is too late and non-refundable...staring at us in our inventory...with a bound timer for 36 hours. For those that concluded that they were Character perks from the start, well, congrats to you; you have probably gotten screwed over on a bad conclusion in the past, so stop the high-horse attitude that you are less gullible than the rest of us.

Should BW remove the items from the CM to stop the confusion? Most likely; they serve no purpose except to sell them for less than the credit requirement is to pay in the Legacy window. If they make it Legacy-wide for the CM items, then keep them of course.

Should BW fix the completely irrational text in the Listings if they don't remove them? They better do so if they don't want to be overloaded with tickets. They really should explicitly use the term "Character Perk" on all items that are such perks, and anything that is only going to mention "Legacy" by itself should be "Legacy Unlock", and cease using the minced term "Legacy Perk". They have alread gotten the "Account-wide Unlock" bit as explicit as it needs to be, why can't they follow the same logic elsewhere?

Should BW refund us poor saps that bought them thinking they are legacy unlocks? Maybe. If they decided to keep Speeder piloting strictly Character perks AND they don't allow us to naturally get them as subs at level 60 and 70.

I'll admit I was a little buzzed when I bought mine, but I would have arrived at the same conclusion nonetheless. However, my buzzed state of mind pushed me to further confirm my conclusion by using the Speeder Piloting rank 4 item and then subsequently toon hopping to see if it worked how I thought it would. Then came the "I just wasted some CC..."

After digging up some info on this subject and discovering that Speeder Ranks 4 and 5 currently cannot be unlocked without paying for these perks, it remains to be seen whether I wasted my CC or not. considering the credit costs (600k and 1.2m), I'd have preferred to pay in CC anyway, but speeder piloting 4 and 5 are not as useful on my level 70 as they would be on my lower level toons that are still going through storyline. If Ranks 4 and 5 are going to remain paid unlocks only, then I only wasted my rank 4 unlock and some lucky toon will have rank 5 speed at level 35, but if they make them obtainable at level 60 and 70 per the CM listing texts, then I probably still only wasted my rank 4, and I am selling my rank 5. However, if they make the CM items unlock Legacy-wide, and my prior use of my rank 4 speeder piloting item does not count as my legacy unlocking of it, then I really wasted my rank 4 item, but my rank 5 item is very much money well spent.

As a final bit of thought on the "how could you mistake this item for a legacy-wide unlock", consider the following items:

Unlock: Inventory Module.

Use: Applies the selected unlock to your Player Character.

Adds 10 additional Inventory slots. You can have a maximum of 80 Inventory slots.

Unlock: Inventory Module (Account).

Use: Applies the selected unlock to all Characters on your Account.

Adds 10 additional Inventory slots. You can have a maximum of 80 Inventory slots. This applies to all characters on the account (on all servers).

Although these two items are explicitly different, you can see that there have been items that were available for both Character unlock and Legacy/Account wide unlocks.

@kmatsumari : Two points:

First, a usability issue: can you change the dark blue text to something brighter so it's easier to read against the black background?

Second: the CM items are so that you can give one as a gift to a non-subscribing Significant Other, a friend, or whatever, or even sell it on the GTN. There is, as you say, no other reason for them to exist.

I suspect the level-60 / level-70 thing is text that was written before they decided not to have actual trainable abilities for these tiers of piloting, but wasn't modified afterwards.