EA/BW I Returned Because Of The New Stronghold...

Just thought you might want to know why a player who has been off and on since launch has returned. You mentioned a new stronghold. I own every single stronghold, paid cash for the big ones. I am all in on the new ocean view one but I, like many others, would love an Alderaan one. I know people who would return to the game if there was an Alderaan stronghold.

I'm sure I'll catch sh...since people are all about free stuff but I am more than willing to pay for strongholds and decorations over those damned cartel packs which I refuse to buy.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

Just thought you might want to know why a player who has been off and on since launch has returned. You mentioned a new stronghold. I own every single stronghold, paid cash for the big ones. I am all in on the new ocean view once but I, like many others, would love an Alderaan one. I know people who would return to the game if there was an Alderaan stronghold.

I'm sure I'll catch sh...since people are all about free stuff but I am more than willing to pay for strongholds and decorations over those damned cartel packs which I refuse to buy.

Motherkriffing signed! Both on wanting an Alderaan stronghold (I would LOVE a fancy noble hall with courtyards and gardens with a mountain vista view to decorate) and on being more than happy to spend money on strongholds and decorations over gamble packs any day of the week!

If EAWare started releasing a bunch of new strongholds every couple of months or so (a la ESO), they would get no small amount of money from me! :cool:

Signed here. I love strongholds, and I love spending money on decorations! I returned because I heard about the new stronghold on the road map. I only wish there were more decorations available on GTN, because the selection isn't very good right now; many decorations are missing.

Signed here. I love strongholds, and I love spending money on decorations! I returned because I heard about the new stronghold on the road map. I only wish there were more decorations available on GTN, because the selection isn't very good right now; many decorations are missing.

I've always thought that adding a new stronghold each year is a good incentive to subscribe in order to purchase, unlock rooms etc. I'd also like to suggest adding a new stronghold decoration vendor that is accessible only while currently subscribed. This would help to increase the variety of standard decorations obtainable outside of packs. A few new items could be added to this vendor each quarter in order to maintain the incentive.

I don't think Manaan has been confirmed to be the SH, although it is heavily implied to be Manaan. I mean, "a great ocean view" could probably be a number of worlds, and I'm sure Alderaan would have an ocean, I mean, for all we know "the great ocean view" could be Naboo. :p Edited by TyonYlle

Signed here. I love strongholds

Me, too! I have all of the existing Strongholds. I fully unlocked and decorated my Tatooine Stronghold (95% complete, but that makes it fully decorated for my taste, ~192k prestige). I decorated the entry area and two rooms of my Nar Shaddaa SH (five rooms unlocked), but don't have enough interesting decorations to do the rest of it. I unlocked a couple of rooms of my DK Stronghold, but again, I don't have the decorations to fully decorate it. My Coruscant SH is barely decorated, same situation as my DK SH. I unlocked my Yavin SH to get to the great outdoor area, and the secret cave. I've been putting many of the centerpiece statuary in my Yavin SH. I love Yavin's outdoor area -- the secret cave, the waterfalls.

I used to do so many Flashpoints for the decorations. I'd love for decorations to return as regular drops in Flashpoints. I used to go back to planets I had long stopped visiting, going for datacron decorations, which also seemed be missing or the drop rate harshly nerfed. I also ran Star Fortress heroics for decorations, and only did the six Star Fortress H2's for the achievement decoration. I used to purchase PvP decos from the GTN (before valor restrictions were put in place on decos). I don't PvP. I got the deco; the PvPer got some credits. win/win. I hope to see more unique decorations made regularly available. I hope a vastly improved way to get a larger variety of decorations is put in place, and soon.

Edited by Nmyownworld

If EAWare started releasing a bunch of new strongholds every couple of months or so (a la ESO), they would get no small amount of money from me! :cool:

What I'd like to see is The Story head back to the planet's we've already had - maybe to put down an uprising (or to foment an uprising on Other Faction planets), deal with a Renegade Zakuul Knight (a la Heart Of Darkness), maybe return a Companion or two, or if we have to continue with this interminably boring and lacklustre Iokath nonsense a Iokath Purifier Invasion Pod. And tie in that "new" part of the Story to a new Stronghold on that planet.

Have a new Daily Area on the planet that awards Rep with that Planetary Government, and once a certain Rep level has been obtained allow us to buy a Stronghold. For each Planetary Stronghold have a "Keynote Decoration" that can ONLY be obtained via A Master Mode FP or even an Op. Heck they could even go so far as to add a PvP Area on each Planet and victories there Add to the Planetary Rep. Only at Max Rep for that faction would you be able to buy all Room Unlocks for Credits, but could buy them with CC regardless of Rep standing.

The Planets are already there, landscape and architecture done, and most of those planets have Compounds, Bases, Factories etc that could - with minimal effort - be re-tasked to this purpose.

Give us a unified arc to the content, and a way to earn access to the new Stronghold via that content.

Tie EVERYTHING for a 6-8 Month period into that New Story / Op / PvP / Stronghold.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

Honestly I'm surprised they didn't roll out at least one new stronghold a year.

And for the many guilds that ran out of things to do once they finally unlocked the guildship why not a spaceport or landing dock for the ship or as I've mentioned in other threads a Zakullian castle. I've been in three different conquest guilds that went mostly inactive after the ship was completed. If there was an extra stronghold or bigger/better ship to upgrade to I think those guilds would still be grinding away.

Not for the personal stronghold: They don't always have to be majestic just creative, for example:

1) Rishi Boardwalk interconnecting apartments

2) Quesh Gas mining facility

3) Hutta swamp hideout

4) Hoth Fortress of Solitude ( from Superman 1978)

5) Balmorra Resistance Cliff dwelling

Now that I think of it I'm convinced that a stronghold with an OCEAN view is here to accomodate fans of episode VIII with Luke's Green Jedi Island in the middle of Nowhere.

Wait and see...

Closest in-game would be Alderaan - a part never seen.

Edited by BenduKundalini

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.