Starting to believe the reviews now?

Doomsaga

before the game release alot of reviews gave it bad reviews and the ppl here didnt like them. After playin the game a bit i can tell those reviews were pretty accurate and u see less of the ppl who said this game was "awsome" and more ppl unsubing. this game clearly wasnt ready

Adios amigo.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've experienced a few major bugs - all to do with my own set up. I had to get my machine totally up to date and change the graphics card - now there are tiny odd little niggles - and I'm having the best MMO experience that I've ever had.

I just cannot see what people are complaining about!

The people who love the game are not here... they are busy playing the game.

Haha exactly, i just tapped out while eating a sandwich, and i see its the same stupid threads again and again.

If the game is really that bad, just dont play, it is as simple as that.

User "reviews" anywhere on the internet are a cesspool of trolling and fanboyism and should under no circumstances be taken seriously.

Mainstream reviewer praises game I like: "See, [reviewer] thinks it's good, that means it's good and if you think it's bad then you're wrong!"

Mainstream reviewer praises game I hate: "Clearly they were bribed into giving this a good score as that's the only reason why anyone would say something nice about it!"

Mainstream reviewer bashes game I like: "Well I suppose [publisher] actually had some integrity and the reviewer got pissed that he wasn't bribed enough to give it a good score."

Mainstream reviewer bashes game I hate: "See, even [reviewer] thinks it's ****, that means it's **** and you're **** for liking it!"

The truth: Yes, some mainstream outlets certainly are bribed (directly or indirectly) into giving games good scores. But more often than not if a game gets a higher score than you think it deserves it's because the reviewer genuinely liked the game more than you because his/her standards of what's good and what's a gamebreaking flaw is different than yours.

So you didn't hear about the reviewer who got fired from Gamespot for giving Kane and Lynch a bad review after the developers threatened to remove advertising?

before the game release alot of reviews gave it bad reviews and the ppl here didnt like them. After playin the game a bit i can tell those reviews were pretty accurate and u see less of the ppl who said this game was "awsome" and more ppl unsubing. this game clearly wasnt ready

Ahem

5/5 G4TV

95 Ausgamers

93 PCGamer

92 3DJuegos

90 Gamereactor

90 Vandal Online

90 Cheat Code Central

90 XGN

90 Gamers.at

89 VentureBeat

88 Ten Ton Hammer

80 Guardian

80 Gameblog.fr

80 Eurogamer Italy

:rolleyes:

Haha exactly, i just tapped out while eating a sandwich, and i see its the same stupid threads again and again.

If the game is really that bad, just dont play, it is as simple as that.

It's the "if I don't like it, then I'm going to convince everyone else that it's rubbish" brigade - I buy a game that I don't like, I might email them my displeasure - and then stop playing. If I didn't like a game, I sure as hell wouldn't be spending my time on their forums trying to convince people that are enjoying the game that they're not happy!

Game's amazing. All the naysayers are here on the forums, while the general opinion ingame is positive.

What about the naysayers who just up and leave without voicing their opinion? It happens with a lot of games, happens with WoW, Lotro, Rift, Age of Conan, all of them this will be no different, I am voicing my concerns because I want this game BETTER.

What about the naysayers who just up and leave without voicing their opinion? It happens with a lot of games, happens with WoW, Lotro, Rift, Age of Conan, all of them this will be no different, I am voicing my concerns because I want this game BETTER.

What about the 1m+ people who are happy with the game?

What about the 1m+ people who are happy with the game?

Do you know they are all happy? What happens when the "Oooooo this is a nice new game" feeling wears off? It happened with every single MMO that has come out, look at Rift and others.

What MMO, save Rift (and all 20 people that play it) was "ready" at launch.

I was there when the titan of MMO's, WOW, first launched. Took off work for day one.

Servers down.

No endgame content.

Broken combat.

No LFG.

No global LFG.

To me, purchasing an MMO at launch is a gamble. Always. Game may improve and be something special. The game may tank completely. But regardless which one occurs, NO ONE can tell after 9 days post-launch.

When I get an MMO at launch, it goes without saying that I'm going to give it a few months to pick up and get more content/fixes patches in. If you're not willing to give it a chance, why did you give it a chance and purchase it at launch?

Figured I'd use my first post to chime in...

I love this game! Very immersive. Love the story so far. There is tons to do...and in a good way. It feels like KOTR, and I loved those games.

Only way I could be happier is if they got the fps issue under control. Having said that, mine isn't too bad most times, so I'm fairly happy.

Love the game, glad I got it, can't wait to log back on tomorrow.

I also love the game. Haven't had this much fun since WoW EU launch (which was by the way horrible, horrible train wreck). There are warts and all but nothing I can't wait to get fixed. Few days to max level and then I'll take bit easier, maybe get back to playing BF3 too on the side. Have already alt though that needs attention and can't wait to see the smuggler class story.

I played beta & launch for Asheron's Call, SWG, WOW & AOC. This is by FAR the most polished MMO at release I have ever been a part of. People that make posts like this are either new to MMO's, clueless or trolling...

They said that about Rift also.

I'm having fun. But, adios y via con dios.

Careful man. Folks in Vanguard said that. Warhammer and AoC too. Wishing for all the "complainers" to leave will get you exactly what you asked for; a game with population problems lol.

A better solution is to try and address the biggest issues people are dissatisfied with and improve the game some.

Thats what I would prefer.

Careful man. Folks in Vanguard said that. Warhammer and AoC too. Wishing for all the "complainers" to leave will get you exactly what you asked for; a game with population problems lol.

A better solution is to try and address the biggest issues people are dissatisfied with and improve the game some.

Thats what I would prefer.

No doubt. Legit complaints and issues should be kept at the fore front in the hopes that the devs address them.

There is the contingent of people trolling for the sake of trolling and regardless of what the devs will address are here in the community to flame and troll. it happens every game since WoW hit its stride.

Wishing them their merry way is quite appropriate since they are only here for one reason.

I actually think that things will calm down a lot in a few days - people like myself will stop being on the game 25/8 (well, that's what my GF says - but that's mostly because she hasn't got her machine up ready to play yet) - and the holidays will have finished, so work/school/college etc etc will reduce the numbers playing - should help queues and FPS both!

I've experienced a few major bugs - all to do with my own set up. I had to get my machine totally up to date and change the graphics card - now there are tiny odd little niggles - and I'm having the best MMO experience that I've ever had.

I just cannot see what people are complaining about!

Their complaints can simply be summed up one of two ways.

1: They are fanboys who come here to bash and degrade any game that doesnt fit every single thing from that other game they wanted to see. Whether the game they came from was WoW or any other game on the market, they are just trying to ruin everyone elses fun to no success as the rest of us love it.

or

2: They put unrealistic expectations on the game, namely things that were never promised to anyone like free roaming space combat ala SWG or a LFD (LFF in this case). So instead of enjoying what the game does have like everyone else they decide to come onto the forum and whine about it to the caring of well no one.

Either way, best not to feed the trolls all it will do is have them come back later and make this thread a 5000th time.