What is your favorite SWTOR species and why? A positive thread <3<3<3

keetrazor

Hey guys, positivity thread pt 5! Star Wars is nothing without it's aliens, they are a huge part of what makes it amazing. In my opinion, BW did a pretty damn good job with these species' in SWTOR! As the title says, what is your favorite SWTOR species (playable or not,) and why?

Mine has to be the Chiss hands down. Prior to playing SWTOR, I read all of the books that had anything to do with the Chiss species. When I saw that Chiss was playable, i instantly threw down the cash and got it :D It's just so satisfying when no one knows who you're looking at, all they know is that you look like a cold, deadly af killer :eek: The Chiss NPCs are awesome too. I love their no-nonsense attitude and dry humor. So that's my opinion, what's yours?

May the Force be With You

-Catherine Skirata the Pure

There are so many intriguing species in Star Wars universe but there are few that stand out in my mind.

1. The Chiss. My favorite species most likely, I find their society and cultural norms fascinating, as well as the species itself; the naming convention, the Ruling Houses, the xenophobia and belief of superiority to other species. The fact that they come from farther reaches of Galaxy than other species makes them very interesting. They are so calm, and they're calculating. Once I read the Thrawn Trilogy I began truly to love this bit mysterious species.

2. The Mirialans. I find their connectivity to Force, as well as their daily rituals interesting. Luminara Unduli was the reason why I like the species so much.

3. The Cathar. Their culture, search for home, life-mates and history are fascinating, as is their language, the Catharese. They're like big kittens who you can caress and play with ^^ There's certain tragedy behind them, but they just continue to move on despite all the harsdships they endure. The Empire Taris planetary storyline is a sad end for their another attempt to find new home :( The Cathars are fascinating to RP, though I'm not too interested on it. One of my friends really loves Cathar and he always has new ideas for them.

Honorable mentions: Twi'leks and Togrutas: Both are very interesting and cool species, with their own physiological traits that separate them from others.

I adore the Cathar......always have. But I can't help but feel that they are a bit too human. The race could benefit greatly from a specialized feline attack (like a pounce) and one or two emotes like a hiss or a growl.....and definitely claws, not flat Human finger nails. Edited by cmcougar

Human, and only because I like making my characters look like me as much as possible for whatever reason. The only exceptions in my 18 years of playing MMOs have been playing a Chua in WildStar and a Lalafell in FFXIV. If I could somehow be a Chua in SWTOR, I think that would be amazing. :D Regardless, I like humans in SWTOR/Star Wars in general because they're the most relatable... however, all the species as a whole makes an awesomely diverse galaxy. Edited by Edyn

Oh.. humans and twileks I suppose. I used to play twileks all the time but got kind of bored with them, I guess because they never added anything new for the race - no new skin colors or headbands, zero new patterns or hood options.

So I just play human anymore, they get the most new stuff. I can't say I try to make them look like me, my hair isn't really an option and I find myself dull anyway. But there's a couple looks I'm happy with so I recreate them over and over.

Edited by grania

The more alien the better! Ithorians, Ortolans, Whiphids, Selonians. I would happily give up romances for new alts if I could play some really cools aliens. I think they half-assed the Cathar & Togruta. They could have been much better had they stayed truer to the NPC looks, instead they went for painted human instead.

My most played races are human (because, frankly, the rest runs out of different kinds of looks too fast) followed by Sith.. not sure why, actually. Though my favorite species in the game are Nautolans (Oric <3). Still hoping we'll get those playable at some point...

Just deleted an entire rant about the use of 'af'. I guess it's not worth it to get worked up about things like that, but I despise it, and especially when it circumvents filters--no, that bugs me, but 'especially' is not the right word.. no.. I think I just wish people would start using words again, instead of just letters. Guess I started ranting again after all.

Edited by cyrusramsey

Mirakulan - Video game avatar eyes staring into the distance doesn't look right to me.

Mirakulan's have built in shades.

Although the species does not have access to all the human hairstyles that Chiss, Mirialans, and Purebloods do.

Edited by jimmorrisson