Sin vs Opertive Survivablity

assatrap

Maybe it's the lag f'ing me up trying to defend against them.

I know the ability isnt game breaking and I know it doesn't make Operatives OP.. I just hate it and think it's a stupid mechanic that isn't needed.. anyway that's just a personal gripe.. I'm sure we all have them.. ie, some people hate Hutt Ball.

#nerfoperatives

Heh, understood.

For me it's the little differences between the classes like this that make them interesting. Operative is fun to play for me exactly because it's got these different mechanics.

Maybe it's the lag f'ing me up trying to defend against them.

I know the ability isnt game breaking and I know it doesn't make Operatives OP.. I just hate it and think it's a stupid mechanic that isn't needed.. anyway that's just a personal gripe.. I'm sure we all have them.. ie, some people hate Hutt Ball.

#nerfoperatives

Oh trust me it's the lag. I get quite a bit of lag. I find it extremely frustrating trying to time and land operative abilities because of it. A lot of times I can have backstab showing that it can be used but I cannot execute it for the life of me. Same for crippling slice. I am certain I am directly behind them but I still get attacked. It goes both ways haha. My response to any time when I can't execute an ability *toss frag grenade* due to lag or rather this crappy swtor engine as I don't see this issue in other games I play...seems like in swtor is just more unbearable.

To be fair, hidden strike used to knock down the target much like spike...but it was also unbearable. I honestly think crippling slice is a better utility than the knockdown aspect...but not the damage.

I like crippling slice, but over effectiveness of low slash is leap and bounds better. Apply at range, allows for positioning. Prevents them from damaging, interrupts their enemies ability.

Edited by VixenRawR

I like crippling slice, but over effectiveness of low slash is leap and bounds better. Apply at range, allows for positioning. Prevents them from damaging, interrupts their enemies ability.

Breaks on 1 damage. Although there is a ~1 second recovery animation that must play first if damaged within the first 2 seconds of application.

Anyway, you shouldn't really compare abilities 1:1 like that. Classes are vastly different.

I.E. Just because Sins have a Spike doesn't mean you should have one too.

Edited by Evolixe

Breaks on 1 damage. Although there is a ~1 second recovery animation that must play first if damaged within the first 2 seconds of application.

Anyway, you shouldn't really compare abilities 1:1 like that. Classes are vastly different.

I.E. Just because Sins have a Spike doesn't mean you should have one too.

Operatives HAD hidden strike, which was like spike.

And yah just because sorcs had phasewalk sins shouldn't get it either...wait a min..=/

Crippling slice doesn't break on 1 dmg...which means you have the ability to do at least something. xD

All cc is annoying in the end.

Other than blatantly forgetting the damage output and misrepresenting the dcds of sin (deflection buffed is pretty amazing 50% absorb and 50% reflect for 12 seconds). The OP forgets the most important aspect of sins is that unlike operatives they have a flat 10% defence chance (5% for ops), on top of that a deception sin has almost always (if he knows how to play) 15% additional DR due to dark embrace so on passive sturdiness deception and darkness are so much better than operatives. Edited by ilfiriel_azurian

Don't forget operatives have no damage reduction on stun utility. I've died in 2-3 seconds from 100% hp while stunned with 2 dps on me. If you get caught in the stun you are dead with no team support. Edited by Zindoki

Don't forget operatives have no damage reduction on stun utility. I've died in 2-3 seconds from 100% hp while stunned with 2 dps on me. If you get caught in the stun you are dead with no team support.

No, ops can roll while stunned. They never die. They have 50 stuns too. Plus they can one shot without leaving stealth!