Good counter to many Mercs queuing?

Shirvington

Some days you just end up against all Mercs in unranked WZs. So before Mercs get nerfed in some way, what would you say is a good counter class/comp to deploy against lots of Mercs in queue? Not necessarily Mercs grouped together in comms, but lots of people playing Mercs at the same time--and you want to improve your chances if you end up against them.

I asked this in /guild the other day, and someone responded, "Merc!" I'm really loathe to hop on my Merc just because everyone else is in order to win.

A good counter to Mercs are Maras or Snipers.

Anna..those are some bad mercs if they get globalled..responsive safeguard take care of that situation..unless the merc is bad and he hit responsive safeguard when he got attack or when 1st stun..then if he get white bar then he dead meat..hopefully mercs have common sense to save responsive safeguard when they get white barred..to stop from getting globalled..

As long as they have their dcd's being used properly they shouldn't have to use safeguards within their first global. Hopefully they have energy shield up...and to be honest, as long as they have energy shield up, even if whitebarred and no way to escape, you can click on the icon above your health bar to disable energy shield and get the heal out of it. I wouldn't do this instantly as you have built up no stacks, but if you are cc'd and have less than 20% life and you know you are going to die before energy shield runs its course, and before the cc wears off...disable it and get the heal from it. Sure you will have lost some duration of the dmg reduction...but more than likely you will be saved unless you popped it at 10% and then got cc'd...then it was probably a waste.

I understand your point, but it's not all encompassing. They would still have their cc breaker for the next time. Not to mention with cooldowns and the amount of cc you might not have much of a choice.

Yeah, just wasting powers when you are facing one person, or a high probability that you won't be killed in the first cc. It comes down to your judgement based off experiences.

But yeah earlier on in a fight I would more than likely use energy shield before people started stunning, though people will stun at anytime. A horde of 8 people you will just be getting cc'd at all stages. Energy shield is the only one I would use preemptively, not that I would pop it the moment I went into battle, but if I had multiple people on me I wouldn't pop it at 20% I would die before I even got to benefit. I try not to depend to much on dcd as I have other heals and kiting. If you run into every battle and plan on using every dcd just to hope to win a fight you are sure to die everytime. If you fight like you have no dcd then use them when you absolutely have to...then you will usually have a dcd up when you need it. I'm not talking about running around grabbing every medpack on the map and hiding for the entire time to self heal...but there are so many people like you said that will just waste cooldowns and get globaled.

I use safeguards to ward off enduring ganks, energy shield in response to ganks just begining to happen and Kolto when those aren't up. You always want energy shield to be your first dcd because it will quickly be back up again as long as you take the right utility. In reality you'd rather be using energy shield than your other two dcds if you can help it, cause then you can save them for when you are in a pinch.

In the end, depending on the match, or the focus, sometimes you have to use safeguards on first cc, regardless because you will die. You may have over extended, or your teammates die...and you are in the biggest gank this warzone...get that reflect up...heal and buy a little time, as you might have died even before the first cc ran its course. If you get cc'd again then pop your cc breaker, you might not have time to do it the other way.