Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Update on Roadmap

KeithKanneg

Come on, this is Star Wars - an era far into the future where advance tech reign. We _need_ self-driving vehicle which we already have the tech in year 2017. We _need_ to be able to select a point on map and our vehicle will auto travel there (auto path-finding). BTW, many other MMOs have already implemented path-finding auto travel for years. Hope to see this in SWTOR.

Umm. DUDE...STARWARS...was A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY, and in this case it was even longer. Lol :sul_cool:

Sorry had to go there, this is not the future it's the past

Edited by kirorx

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I"m aware of his post,

Sorry, I can't read minds.

Suggestion: Maybe you should direct your frustration towards staff instead of your fellow player trying to be helpful.

edit: Hey Keith. Not that you're paying any real attention to any of this and I;m sure Ben deleting his inbox right before he left but I've been trying to get the attention of anyone on staff to fix an account issue I've had for over three years now. Sure would be nice if you showed that you in fact care for the customer base instead of once again giving lip service to it. Oh and getting someone to pay some attention to the Report Posts reports here on the forums would be a plus.

Edited by dr_mike

Suggestion: Maybe you should direct your frustration towards staff instead of your fellow player trying to be helpful.

edit: Hey Keith. Not that you're paying any real attention to any of this and I;m sure Ben deleting his inbox right before he left but I've been trying to get the attention of anyone on staff to fix an account issue I've had for over three years now. Sure would be nice if you showed that you in fact care for the customer base instead of once again giving lip service to it. Oh and getting someone to pay some attention to the Report Posts reports here on the forums would be a plus.

Pffft!! And you call yourself a Jedi....

Are you actually suggesting players be mean to staff that are trying to be helpful? Pfffft!!! And you call yourself a Jedi...

If you really feel that way about it.... Why are you still here? Pffft!!! And you call yourself a Jedi.....

Who said I was frustrated? I just asked a simple question. A yes or no would suffice. Your answer directed me to the very first post in this thread which was kinda odd don't ya think?

-Hey read this thread.

-Oh you mean the thread we're posting in right now?

Kinda silly really. My explanation why I asked was just that, an explanation. If you want to read more into that knock yourself out. Just don't blame me for your disappointment.

Who said I was frustrated? I just asked a simple question. A yes or no would suffice. Your answer directed me to the very first post in this thread which was kinda odd don't ya think?

-Hey read this thread.

-Oh you mean the thread we're posting in right now?

Kinda silly really. My explanation why I asked was just that, an explanation. If you want to read more into that knock yourself out. Just don't blame me for your disappointment.

Look, they simply linked the OP of the thread as a way of telling you "this is the latest update we have on the roadmap's status". If you've already read it, that's all well and good, it means you missed nothing in the past few days you have been away, aside from them specifying that there will not be a Tier 5 of gear any time soon.

They also linked you the devtracker forum so you could, you know, track all dev posts in the days you've been away. Their comment may have been curt but it gave you the answer you needed and they were confused why your response was just that you've read OP.

As for

I'm also aware of the dev tracker, but usually these kinds of things (roadmaps) get their own web pages and not forum threads that will show up in the dev tracker
while that is true, there's almost always a dev tracker post that simply links to these pages. So do keep in mind for the future that the Dev tracker can be used to track webpages that have in-game updates too. Edited by EzioMessi

/facepalm

Let's start over shall we?

-I missed a few days and didn't want to read the last 12 pages of bickering. Did we get the rodmap yet?

-Nope. Not yet.

-Bummer, dude. Thanks tho!

Apparently we needed 4 more posts of bickering to get to get a simple answer to a simple question. This is why we can't have nice things.

/facepalm

-I missed a few days and didn't want to read the last 12 pages of bickering. Did we get the rodmap yet?

-Nope. Not yet.

Apparently we needed 4 more posts of bickering to get to get a simple answer to a simple question. This is why we can't have nice things.

It's more fun to make a mountain out of a mole hill. ;)

/facepalm

-Nope. Not yet.

It takes two to bicker. :rolleyes:

Look, they simply linked the OP of the thread as a way of telling you "this is the latest update we have on the roadmap's status".

Don't even bother. We get so much hate around here for trying to point folks in the right direction.

I've lost count how many times I've had my rear end chewed out over builds when folks ask what's the best in chat. Point someone to a guide and they go off.

I don't even wonder why Bioware abandoned the forums. Got players making death threats now and BW won't even deal with those any more.

Edited by dr_mike

Ok bois, roadmap when? xD

Well the last post Keith posted said he was still on target for this month so if that is accurate that gives him 7 days to get it posted as today is the 24 and this month has 31 days in it. So anywhere from the 24th and 31st as that still fits in the time line of this month.

I bet they drop it on Friday...late in the day, the last guy to leave the office hits "SUBMIT" and they ignore the forums for the next 3 days.

To be fair, Keith has posted over the weekend. I'm thinking early next week, though.

Well the last post Keith posted said he was still on target for this month so if that is accurate that gives him 7 days to get it posted as today is the 24 and this month has 31 days in it. So anywhere from the 24th and 31st as that still fits in the time line of this month.

No hurry, there is only one thing I want from this game at this stage. But won't be mad if hood toggle is part of the customization focus. xd

Don't even bother. We get so much hate around here for trying to point folks in the right direction.

I've lost count how many times I've had my rear end chewed out over builds when folks ask what's the best in chat. Point someone to a guide and they go off.

I don't even wonder why Bioware abandoned the forums. Got players making death threats now and BW won't even deal with those any more.

Indeed. I sometimes think people simply don't want help (either tangible or emotional) ... they just want to rant and slather hate.

Edited by Andryah

I bet they drop it on Friday...late in the day, the last guy to leave the office hits "SUBMIT" and they ignore the forums for the next 3 days.

You're a wordpress.com user, aren't you?

They did this for the three years I was their support forum moderator for them and they never saw it as an issue.

Edited by dr_mike

You're a wordpress.com user, aren't you?

They did this for the three years I was their support forum moderator for them and they never saw it as an issue.

BAH! Here I was thinking I came up with an ingenious way to post updates...:(

That would SUCK being a Mod for someone that did that...you know the guy hitting "SUBMIT" was sitting there laughing as he thought about how your weekend was going to go...:D

Did you just not even read the very first word in the response...?

"No"

"No"

The following two lines were just helpful links. Don't like 'em, don't click 'em, just don't complain about it while saying everyone else around you is bickering. :rolleyes:

Well said!!!!!

Edited by Lionflash

Did you just not even read the very first word in the response...?

"No"

"No"

The following two lines were just helpful links. Don't like 'em, don't click 'em, just don't complain about it while saying everyone else around you is bickering. :rolleyes:

I guess it takes three to bicker now. But who's counting am I right?

Look, I'm glad you guys like to be helpful. Really I am. But choose your battles. I'm not a n00b here. The links were not helpful. It was a link to THIS THREAD. The very same one we are all bickering in. The first reply was by me in response to the sorry I'm late post. So telling me to read this same thread I'm already posting in and had already responded to in before is more than just a little redundant.

A simple "no" would've sufficed. It did not require a beginner's guide to forums. I politely explained why I asked and why I asked even after consulting the dev tracker. But game forums being what they are, I get chewed out for it. Jesus, people. Can we move on?

Edited by kodrac

I guess it takes three to bicker now. But who's counting am I right?

Well.. he is right on this point. :)

Besides.. a good forum bickering requires many, each with a different personal agenda. It is the personal agenda part that drives most bickering. Pitchforks are best used in mass uprisings. :)

Well not that this thread started strong...but it sure aint ending well....

On topic I am really hoping for a decently complete road map....so far we haven't seen anything I care one bit about. But I aint holding my breath.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.