Any chance you could lower HK-51 Credit cost 75%?

CKNORTH

Basically its buy unlock either per account or single person, do a really old gated quest. and get him 1 time per character. pretty much he is nearing Obsolete with there being 3 companions now available at level 1 Via in game mail...

375CC or 1m credits is a bit steep? F2P would still need a 50k escrow unlock at least if the cost was bumped down to 250k heck even 350k would be ok, but 1m meh....

other than that I think out of all the character perks he should be lowered. or at least put him in where its completely unlocked in the tab where the ship stuff is pay CC or Credits. if it was there I could see it costing 1m but for all characters one time deal sort of thing....

just thought I put that out there but the cost does need a revamp IMO. :)

Well since HK-51 has been nerfed drastically (no Insta kill elite abilities :( ) it should be cheaper for what it's worth (about 250,000 or 300,000 credits (same as Treek)) though I prefer to get him the old fashion way (free). Edited by dxlolman

A specific companion doesn't have to offer the best combat stats to enhance a player's enjoyment of the game.

I haven't seen anyone in the past year "Enjoying" HK-51 on any starting planets much less further in the game...

it doesn't diminish you getting him from a quest or what not but he isn't worth the 1m credit price tag...

I haven't seen anyone in the past year "Enjoying" HK-51 on any starting planets much less further in the game...

it doesn't diminish you getting him from a quest or what not but he isn't worth the 1m credit price tag...

Then don't pay it.

Do the quest on each character once you reach the appropriate level and you can get him for free.

You can say that HK-51 is "not as effective and not worth what he was when he was first introduced", but credits are not worth what they were when HK-51 was first introduced.

Credits practically rain from the sky in this game. A million credits is nothing.

Then don't pay it.

Do the quest on each character once you reach the appropriate level and you can get him for free.

You can say that HK-51 is "not as effective and not worth what he was when he was first introduced", but credits are not worth what they were when HK-51 was first introduced.

Credits practically rain from the sky in this game. A million credits is nothing.

I could care less if credits rain from the sky.... the fact is we are paying for him 3x once he is unlocked after the main quests for "Alts" I have completed the quest several times but I don't feel like tossing an alt 1m credits who I am not sure might see past level 10ish. if I need to reroll its a big chunk to just toss in the garbage. Also I am not one of the vultures who play the GTN for hours and run around with 100's of millions of credits. heck I barley get characters past level 30 these days...

Edit: oh and before you start raging me for not playing past that level, I would love too but with this game crashing and getting split fracturing from graphics... but until they actually fix graphic issues that plagued this game from 1.0 then yeah I would think I would level a character past level 30

Edited by CKNORTH

Treek is 300K through legacy, so HK-51 should cost the same. I consider those angy cries: "But I paid more! “ to be very childish. Stuff gets cheaper over time, we have even weekly sales of CM stuff. Besides on your next character, you will have cheaper HK-51 unlock as well. So it would be just for everyone.

The only downside is, that ppl will not be pushed to run around planets and flashpoints to get the HK parts.

A specific companion doesn't have to offer the best combat stats to enhance a player's enjoyment of the game.

Z0-0M's AoE heal is nice. Also the funnier than funny itself lines during combat are hilarious.

Edited by Halinalle

Treek is 300K through legacy, so HK-51 should cost the same. I consider those angy cries: "But I paid more! “ to be very childish. Stuff gets cheaper over time, we have even weekly sales of CM stuff. Besides on your next character, you will have cheaper HK-51 unlock as well. So it would be just for everyone.

The only downside is, that ppl will not be pushed to run around planets and flashpoints to get the HK parts.

No HK-51 should not cost the same as treek. Treek you don't have to do any work for to get. You buy the contract from the cartel market directly or the GTN, have a 2 min conversation with someone in the fleet you get treek.

HK-51 you have to out in work for, run a quest chain and get the parts which are easily soloable to get except FPs which you just set your queue for the ones you need, then do other stuff while waiting for it to pop.

So no for the work you need to go through to get him 1 million credits is fine.,

Having done the HK-51 questline myself i agree with OP, this price should be lowered if not just removed.

You already jumped through all the possible burning hoops to get it on your first character so there is no reason to be a douche and keep milking it ad-infinitum, knowing all too well that the alternative is a horrible digging quest you wouldn't even present your worst enemy.

But in all honesty, HK-51 is kinda lackluster for combat like most ranged companions. Too many bugs and LoS problems that a melee companion just does more damage/healing.

Edited by DrDaMoZ

No HK-51 should not cost the same as treek. Treek you don't have to do any work for to get. You buy the contract from the cartel market directly or the GTN, have a 2 min conversation with someone in the fleet you get treek.

HK-51 you have to out in work for, run a quest chain and get the parts which are easily soloable to get except FPs which you just set your queue for the ones you need, then do other stuff while waiting for it to pop.

So no for the work you need to go through to get him 1 million credits is fine.,

Ok. Just for you lets make the quest chain shorter. Like you get all of the parts on Theoretika. Would that work for you?

Funny discussion. Its a game, so for a potentially good companion you need to go through a booring quest chain over and over again. Lets all be bored equally, because somehow "fun" is not the main factor in a computer game. Work is! I mean it's ok to do it once or twice. But after that it's just... Bad.

/disagree. The reason is that it is becoming a habit to come to the forums to complain about either (1) not getting a companion because you were not subbed for it (2) or you think the price is too high. I did the chain once and then pay the coins or the credits to unlock it on the character I want him on. Credits are not that hard to get. 2 hours at work and you will get 1 million credits from just doing heroics or planetary missions.\

I would love a legacy unlock for the CXP bonus you can purchase on your characters but I know that won't happen so instead of complaining I just work on getting the credits to unlock it on my characters.

Edited by casirabit

I would love a legacy unlock for the CXP bonus you can purchase on your characters but I know that won't happen so instead of complaining I just work on getting the credits to unlock it on my characters.

I like your attitude and couldn't agree more. Correct me if I'm wrong, but HK-51 only needs to get unlocked once to become a legacy-wide available companion, right?

I like your attitude and couldn't agree more. Correct me if I'm wrong, but HK-51 only needs to get unlocked once to become a legacy-wide available companion, right?

Unfortunately no. You have to unlock him per character. He was never a legacy-wide companion.