248 pieces extraction cost too high

goryllobumbum

I really think, and i think that I'm not alone, that paying 50k credits for extracting 248 rated mod/enhacment/barrel/armoring/hilt is way too much. You, devs, really should consider decsreasing it, because paying 150k credits for extrating parts from one armor piece is just too much.

50K is dirt cheap, hell i'd do that, but i'd be getting killed at every turn because i haven't done Ops and Fp's in a year lol.

I used to pay at least 150 to 300k in games. Wow, 50k, what a deal :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have zero complaints about the cost but what comes to reason...

Perhaps not every person is lucky enough to have several 248 sets like you. I hardly have one and that means when I want to switch between ranked and pve I pull about 10 augs and two enhancements. A skank tank would be pulling mods.

Its not about luck but grind work. I did HM operations for 242s and PVP/GSF for components to upgrade to 248.

"in my experience there is no such thing as luck" :D

• 3 weeks later...
Can we really have this looked at for new Content Update? This is a pressing issue. Obviously untested. I know we need credit sinks but this is a credit sink done extremely bad and hurting players who don't necessarily have much credits.

50K for removal of top level mods is nothing. Lower level mods are even cheaper to remove.

If Johnny wants to move mods, then he needs to earn the credits to do so.

Can we really have this looked at for new Content Update? This is a pressing issue. Obviously untested. I know we need credit sinks but this is a credit sink done extremely bad and hurting players who don't necessarily have much credits.

so running heroics and dailies is too much work these days for an hour a day? with a full group you could make a lot of credits, especially if you do it all 7 days and if you increased that time from an hour to 2 hours a day, you could make millions a week.

so how again is this hurting anyone? i stand by my original point, 50k per mod is very reasonable and it should remain as such.

so running heroics and dailies is too much work these days for an hour a day? with a full group you could make a lot of credits, especially if you do it all 7 days and if you increased that time from an hour to 2 hours a day, you could make millions a week.

so how again is this hurting anyone? i stand by my original point, 50k per mod is very reasonable and it should remain as such.

I have to agree with this here. It's really easy to make credits out of nothing in this game. Yes, running heroics can get super tedious, but most of them take only a few minutes to complete so they're worth the time spent for the credits.

Honestly, this game needs credit sinks badly. There's a reason inflation has gone so nuts on the GTN, and that hurts people with few credits a lot more than it does those with a lot of credits.

Edited by AscendingSky

I have to agree with this here. It's really easy to make credits out of nothing in this game. Yes, running heroics can get super tedious, but most of them take only a few minutes to complete so they're worth the time spent for the credits.

Honestly, this game needs credit sinks badly. There's a reason inflation has gone so nuts on the GTN, and that hurts people with few credits a lot more than it does those with a lot of credits.

And I disagree. 50K is stupidly expensive. I am not ever going to be playing SWTOR 7 days a week anymore. Other games are better and have a lot more new content on a much more regular basis. Between repair costs and mods, I am down somewhere over 6 million credits with 5.x. I am playing to raid with my friends and then I go play a game I enjoy playing more. The content I want to play should support that play. It doesn't even come close at this point and hasn't. But I am no longer willing to spend time ding content I don't want to do just to make credits to do the content I do want to do.

And to your point on credit sinks, those hurt the players with less credits WAY more than they do anyone else.

The problem is, games have no real economy. There is no scarcity of resources. There is no limit to the amount of cash n the game. The only way to prevent crazy inflation is to put artificial caps on prices in the artificial economy.

Edited by DanNV

I thought the point of outfit designer was so you didn't have to keep removing mods from adaptive gear and could just use the same gear but change the appearance?

Yeah... I rarely ever need to pull mods since the appearance tabs were implemented. Sometimes a handful to optimize final stats at level cap.. but that's it.

You want to hear the really absurd part here? ..... the person you are responding to is sitting well north of a billion credits in game, by his own admission. :rolleyes:

As for repair costs, augments, pulling fees, etc.... these are actually pretty well scaled for level in this game. Low level characters can earn way more credits than needed to buy armor shells and mods from the fleet vendors. The pricing scales very well on the vendors. 50k to pull a top end mod in 5.x is really chump change for a level 70. Any level 70 that feels this is a true burden does not have any tangible ongoing income generation plan for their characters. Given there is nothing else to spend credits on at end game other then collectors class super rare items on the GTN.... I really don't see the issue being valid here. We got soaked much much more in the first year of the game for pulling mods from level 50 gear... when we actually had other important expenses like training costs.

To put it in economic perspective in game..... The actual value of a top end new mod would be around 4-5M credits for 248s if you were to purchase a crafted one (or a drop if it existed), based on average fair market pricing on the GTNs for level 70 mods (230+, which appear to scale price wise, as does pull costs). So.. the fee to pull appears to be about 1% of the value of the actual item... and this is actually pretty consistent with the credit cost curve from 1-70 in the current release of the game.

Edited by Andryah

Someone who does PvP most of the time and can't afford farming but nejoys playing more than one spec (and that requires a lot of mod swapping is really screwed. monetary pvp rewards were not adjusted accordingly like heroics. Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Someone who does PvP most of the time and can't afford farming but nejoys playing more than one spec (and that requires a lot of mod swapping is really screwed. monetary pvp rewards were not adjusted accordingly like heroics.

do heroics earn the money it's not expensive at all

And to your point on credit sinks, those hurt the players with less credits WAY more than they do anyone else.

The "mandatory" credit sinks in this game are very reasonable, IMO. BW has removed training costs, speeder flights and space travel costs are minimal and repair costs are very reasonable and minimal until a player gets to the upper reaches of top tier gear.

Optional credit sinks, on the other hand, are exactly that--OPTIONAL and NOT mandatory, therefore those costs are higher. A player does not "need" to move mods for most in game activities. If a player chooses to absolutely min-max for whatever reason, that player should be willing to put forth the effort to earn the credits to support their CHOICE to move those mods.

Yeah... I rarely ever need to pull mods since the appearance tabs were implemented. Sometimes a handful to optimize final stats at level cap.. but that's it.

I don't understand why they not using the outfit desginer. I have over 15 outfits and the only time I remove my mods is when I have to weigh the cost of the mods to having to redo my aguments but even then it is not that expensive. Sometimes I think people are just looking for a reason to complain.

Someone who does PvP most of the time and can't afford farming but nejoys playing more than one spec (and that requires a lot of mod swapping is really screwed. monetary pvp rewards were not adjusted accordingly like heroics.

And nothing is stopping that person from doing those heroics or engaging in another activity to earn the necessary credits except their own refusal to do so.

I'm confused at how a person "can't afford farming" as most "farming" of which I am aware costs next to nothing except repair costs and the credit gain should more than offset those repair costs.

Have any of these people answered the question of why they're constantly swapping out mods in the first place when there's no need to since Outfit Designer arrived and now we don't even need separate sets for PvP/PvE?

Even if you're dual-speccing and have one set for each you *still* won't be swapping out mods so often that you have no credits.

O_o

Have any of these people answered the question of why they're constantly swapping out mods in the first place when there's no need to since Outfit Designer arrived and now we don't even need separate sets for PvP/PvE?

Even if you're dual-speccing and have one set for each you *still* won't be swapping out mods so often that you have no credits.

O_o

Only way to truly play in pvp as a jugg guard is skank tank....

And that needs an entire mod change on gear....

Also too much useless accuracy on gears....

Edited by Zolxtren

You want to hear the really absurd part here? ..... the person you are responding to is sitting well north of a billion credits in game, by his own admission. :rolleyes:

As for repair costs, augments, pulling fees, etc.... these are actually pretty well scaled for level in this game. Low level characters can earn way more credits than needed to buy armor shells and mods from the fleet vendors. The pricing scales very well on the vendors. 50k to pull a top end mod in 5.x is really chump change for a level 70. Any level 70 that feels this is a true burden does not have any tangible ongoing income generation plan for their characters. Given there is nothing else to spend credits on at end game other then collectors class super rare items on the GTN.... I really don't see the issue being valid here. We got soaked much much more in the first year of the game for pulling mods from level 50 gear... when we actually had other important expenses like training costs.

To put it in economic perspective in game..... The actual value of a top end new mod would be around 4-5M credits for 248s if you were to purchase a crafted one (or a drop if it existed), based on average fair market pricing on the GTNs for level 70 mods (230+, which appear to scale price wise, as does pull costs). So.. the fee to pull appears to be about 1% of the value of the actual item... and this is actually pretty consistent with the credit cost curve from 1-70 in the current release of the game.

so having over a billion credits means that 1.25m credits is a direct threat to his/her credits balance? :rolleyes:

As for the value of losing 1.25m credits to pull mods out, that is hardly OTT, money can be gotten anywhere. The value of money isn't as much as you think it is worth as it is only worth as much you value it to other things for that moment, outside this it's not worth anything, it's just a number, coins and paper.

so having over a billion credits means that 1.25m credits is a direct threat to his/her credits balance? :rolleyes:

As for the value of losing 1.25m credits to pull mods out, that is hardly OTT, money can be gotten anywhere. The value of money isn't as much as you think it is worth as it is only worth as much you value it to other things for that moment, outside this it's not worth anything, it's just a number, coins and paper.

Yeah that you either grind you *** off or spend irl money to get millions of cred on the market. Wasting your freetime. When you could actualy do the fun part of the game and not focus on this grind. You sound like someone that has too much free time and not values it...

Edited by Zolxtren

Yeah that you either grind you *** off or spend irl money to get millions of cred on the market. Wasting your freetime. When you could actualy do the fun part of the game and not focus on this grind. You sound like someone that has too much free time and not values it...

So, you don't do flashpoints, operations, dailies and heroics. What exactly you mean by "fun part of the game"?

O_o

Apparently the idea of having two different armor sets that they swap between as they change spec (or go from PvE to PvP) hasn't crossed their minds? :rolleyes:

Edited by AscendingSky

Johnny is too averse to the minimal effort to earn the credits he needs to engage in the optional activities he desires, so he complains to BW that it is too expensive and "suggests" that they cater to his aversion to effort and remove one of the few credit sinks this game has.

Apparently the idea of having two different armor sets that they swap between as they change spec (or go from PvE to PvP) hasn't crossed their minds? :rolleyes:

It might require a modicum of effort to acquire those two sets of armor?

Even a modicum of effort is something that some posters refuse to put forth, apparently.

money is worthless to me in real life like it is ingame. being rich is being miserable, you got everything you want but you can't buy happiness or success. unfortunately this evil economic thing is something i have little choice but to use because goodwill doesn't buy you bread and pay water bills.

what does being rich get you anyway? just extra money sitting around that won't be used, then why have it for? it could be more use getting people off the streets, giving them a chance to get back on their feet again. and money has created this pointless spiral where greed, evil actions and pointless things exist because some people have so much money they can throw away on things.

i've always seen money as something i don't want any part of but have little choice but to use it.

Edited by Celise

O_o

Mainhand and OH is a good example if you only have one set and need to swap between Merc, Operative, Mando, Scoundrel, and Sage. Be nice if they merge the DPS Force and DPS Tech Generators to give either or power. Then do something about mirror classes so I don't have to rip out the mods every time (example) I go from PT to VG. Just let me use a Blaster pistol for everyone (My trooper is very proficient with one in cutscenes so I don't see why not :D) . :D

Edited by FerkWork