Why did I lose my guild name

QuinlanSaathis

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still fighting this.

Another email from CS and another suggestion to contact developers here on the forum.

How do I do that, anyone know?

They do not answer PM's or appeals in threads.

Very much depends on how you approach the PM. If you do it like you are doing with this thread, and your apparent interactions with CS... I would not be surprised if you receive no response.

Send a polite and factually accurate description of your issue and you may receive a response.

Thing is.. clearly CS has evaluated your complaint and said they cannot help you. Which.. generally means it is a policy enforcement of some kind on the game side of things that is the cause.

If you keep pressing them, they may sanction your account for harassment. They can, and they may if you keep it up.

If you send a polite and factual PM to Eric, you may get an answer as to "why"... but do not expect anything beyond that (ie: do not expect them to reverse any action and give your the guild back). And if you continue to get snippy about it... I doubt you will even get a response as to "why".

Edited by Andryah

So funny how people are getting mad at this guy for being justifiably annoyed xD He was told by CS to go on the forums and try to contact Musco. That's what he's doing. Just because you random people have "answered" him doesn't mean he should "let it go". You are NOT customer service xD So many people would just let the devs away with anything until its happening to THEM. Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

So funny how people are getting mad at this guy for being justifiably annoyed xD He was told by CS to go on the forums and try to contact Musco. That's what he's doing. Just because you random people have "answered" him doesn't mean he should "let it go". You are NOT customer service xD So many people would just let the devs away with anything until its happening to THEM.

What is funny is the only thing he lost was the name on an essentially inactive guild, that he routinely abandons for periods of time .. and yet he wants to keep doubling down and demanding they give it back. :rolleyes:

He is entitled to ask of course. But that does not = entitled to the name back. That's up to the studio.

Edited by Andryah

So funny how people are getting mad at this guy for being justifiably annoyed xD He was told by CS to go on the forums and try to contact Musco. That's what he's doing. Just because you random people have "answered" him doesn't mean he should "let it go". You are NOT customer service xD So many people would just let the devs away with anything until its happening to THEM.

You are absolutely right!!! Nobody has the right to tell him he shouldn't have a guild or accuse him of abandoning it...he's still been a PAYING customer.

You are absolutely right!!! Nobody has the right to tell him he shouldn't have a guild or accuse him of abandoning it...he's still been a PAYING customer.

Exactly. It doesn't matter how small the slight in my opinion. he's paid for the service for nearly the entire length of the game as he's said so in my view he has every right to seek an answer from the devs here. Especially when he's been told specifically to come here and try get their attention.

It's also possible that someone else in the guild changed it while you were gone. It's really the only two possibilities that it can be.

If you are on hiatus that long and was even unsubbed, likely the GMaster status went to another player and you lost it.

Happened in my guild my GM left and to this day never returned, it went to me.

If you are on hiatus that long and was even unsubbed, likely the GMaster status went to another player and you lost it.

I checked all the times, none of my friends have returned. The last one logged in 308 days ago

The only characters that show log in's are mine which were between 60 and 120 days depending on the character.

I do everything first on my main which is my GM so he was the first one I logged back into for Iokath.

Thanks guys appreciate the support

Sometimes its hard to see past all the opinions on here, posts like yours make it easier.

I'm not sure what the point infighting this is? It's pretty obvious what happened and the most you may find out is that it might be a bug. I don't think they will remove the name from the other guild. Sorry but I don't.

See that's exactly the problem. He's not asking if YOU see it happening. He wants a response from the devs which CS told him to look for on the website. He's not asking if people think he'll get it back or not. I don't like his chances either seeing as EAWare love to screw people over but my opinion isn't what matters here.

Well, some people on this forum are allowed to be abusive like that it seems. Seriously, telling a paying customer they don't deserve to have a guild? That's just a nasty and unwarranted personal attack right there.

Well, some people on this forum are allowed to be abusive like that it seems. Seriously, telling a paying customer they don't deserve to have a guild? That's just a nasty and unwarranted personal attack right there.

Ok but he was inactive and he was away from the game but still paying...and had a few cc slip ups. People have said that guilds have a protection against inactive leaders. So not logging in is inactive. He didn't log in since Jan. That's fact. Not abusive personal attacks.

He lost his guild name because while he was inactive, another person created a guild with that name. End. Of. Story. So I guess he's looking for a Dev to tell him this? To what end I haven't a clue. It won't get back the name.

Ok but he was inactive and he was away from the game but still paying...and had a few cc slip ups. People have said that guilds have a protection against inactive leaders. So not logging in is inactive. He didn't log in since Jan. That's fact. Not abusive personal attacks.

He lost his guild name because while he was inactive, another person created a guild with that name. End. Of. Story. So I guess he's looking for a Dev to tell him this? To what end I haven't a clue. It won't get back the name.

Please pay attention to my multiple other posts in this thread. They will show you that I have advised this person they're not going to get their name back for multiple reasons.

What I'm commenting on now is not on them pushing to get the name back, but on someone else in this thread who told them explicitly they didn't deserve a guild even though they were paying a subscription. That post seems to have been deleted now, thankfully, but that's what I and Tux and others were reacting to.

I'm on page 8 and haven't seen this suggested yet so I'll do it.

Section #15 of the ToS: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section15

Don't expect a response with the first part of that. They returned my two letters as refused and I got the run around afterwards. You're going to wind up going to part 2 of that.

Good luck.

I don't think I am willing to go that far.

That was the point i was getting across in the post that you quoted. He was gone, he lost his lead, and another person changed the name. He said it didnt happen that way, so we'll brush that possibility under the rug where it belongs.

Please pay attention to my multiple other posts in this thread. They will show you that I have advised this person they're not going to get their name back for multiple reasons.

What I'm commenting on now is not on them pushing to get the name back, but on someone else in this thread who told them explicitly they didn't deserve a guild even though they were paying a subscription. That post seems to have been deleted now, thankfully, but that's what I and Tux and others were reacting to.

Ok I missed whoever said that.

Yeah...kinda funny how that post is now gone...no names were named, I just pointed out that some people in this thread are extremely hypocritical and seem to have double standards when it comes to allowing people to play however they want. It's fine though...the posts may be gone, but they're not forgotten.

Well I havent read through all the pages here, but did read through the first couple and no one addressed this. I came back to the game last month after being away about 3 years. My guild name was reset just like the OP's. I thought I was going to have to rename and was searching for a new name. But after about a week - and right after I renewed my sub - my old guild name returned on its' own. No explanations... nothing. Just returned as if there was no issue to begin with. I had just assumed that it had disappeared because I had been out so long.

Well I havent read through all the pages here, but did read through the first couple and no one addressed this. I came back to the game last month after being away about 3 years. My guild name was reset just like the OP's. I thought I was going to have to rename and was searching for a new name. But after about a week - and right after I renewed my sub - my old guild name returned on its' own. No explanations... nothing. Just returned as if there was no issue to begin with. I had just assumed that it had disappeared because I had been out so long.

What did it say as your guild name until that time? I'm very curious to see if this happens for the OP...

What did it say as your guild name until that time? I'm very curious to see if this happens for the OP...

No, because someone else took his original Guild name. It was obviously taken due to his inactivity. I don't have a problem with that. He is a paying customer, sure, but so are other people.

I don't think I am willing to go that far.

*shrug* You can try a BBB complaint but you're going to have to do it against EA as the BBB website won't let you file against Bioware. Some folks have said they've gotten results doing so but other have said it was a waste of time.

https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacturers/electronic-arts-inc-in-redwood-city-ca-64196

edit: Be aware the BBB website is mostly Javascript based and it was a joy trying to get it to work. /sarcasm

reedit: Also whoever they have answering those appears to have a reading comprehension problem on occasion.

Edited by dr_mike

Another relevant piece of information is that I had a guild on both factions - both names were reset when I returned to game. Both guild names were reset - both guild names returned at the same time. Now explain THAT as someone else taking both names?