Vector Hyllus - The LoveBug thread - Haters make your own :P

Cowoline

Well, didn't he voice Corso in the beginning of KotFE, pre-carbonite? I don't know, I haven't played the smuggler story far enough to run mine through all of that. I can't really get into the smuggler story.

Ok, good point. I didn't think of it, since I didn't take any of my smugglers through KOTFE.

I'm still not sure anyone would list anything until the official announcement.

I'm really hoping they bring more companions back in the next installment. I just want my companions back in story. I hope it's done well, but thus far the returns have been little more than glorified Alliance alerts. If the choice is a poorly written return or now return, I'd rather have the poorly written return.

On the one hand, I'd like them back. On the other, if as poorly done as poor Malavai, mixed feelings. On the third hand, they'll probably be killable for whatever nonsense reason :(

It would be seriously awful and out of character for Vector's return to require us to kill someone else. Also, he's a diplomat, so maybe refrain from more OMG CHOOSE ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER because that's already old and boring and lazy story writing.

Not to mention: Why must the Empire always be dark and edgelord? Totally not Vector. If you, BioWare, only wanted to write Edgelord Empire, why were we ever allowed to be LS to begin with? Being able to be rational beings who, through moral inclination or utilitarian decision-making, didn't kill everything in sight is what sets SWTOR way above the saga stories.

(even if it requires a lot of headcanons and retconning ...)

It would be seriously awful and out of character for Vector's return to require us to kill someone else. Also, he's a diplomat, so maybe refrain from more OMG CHOOSE ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER because that's already old and boring and lazy story writing.

Not to mention: Why must the Empire always be dark and edgelord? Totally not Vector. If you, BioWare, only wanted to write Edgelord Empire, why were we ever allowed to be LS to begin with? Being able to be rational beings who, through moral inclination or utilitarian decision-making, didn't kill everything in sight is what sets SWTOR way above the saga stories.

(even if it requires a lot of headcanons and retconning ...)

Yeah, Vector was never one of those backstabby, amoral imperials. But I think the writers who allowed us to make intelligent, rational, and moral decisions whilst playing an imperial character are no longer with BioWare. I could be wrong buuuuut ....

+1 for bringing Vector back and having him be part of the story (rather than just one conversation). Also, I would like to have a few companions (including Vector) come back as part of the main team. We have so many companions now, but most can be killed/don't play much of a part, and so it feels like there are very few companions.

A sensible and properly in-character return is essential for all companions, not just our yummy Vector.

True that! We just learnt last month what the worst return looks like :( We had longer conversations in those horrible mute Alliance Alerts.

True that! We just learnt last month what the worst return looks like :( We had longer conversations in those horrible mute Alliance Alerts.

I'm trying not to be pessimistic about the quality og the returns without setting myself for extreme disappointment. At the moment, Vector is safe because my agent has not been taken through anything that that could in any way rip him from her, but it would be nice to be able to play new content without that fear. Also, I'd like my Jedi to get her husband back.

Maybe I'm so new that it doesn't seem to me they've done a rotten job with returns...

If you mean KOTFE chapters, they were fairly fine at least in the aspect of amount of content WITH returning companions. Did you play Iokath yet? Players waiting for Dorne and Quinn return got 3-6 minutes of cutscenes total, both companions' roles are pretty generic (could be any random new NPC), mostly irrelevant to the story, customisations didn't work, and many players didn't even get the appropriate companion due to bugs.

I call that rotten. More so, since Quinn is my favourite companion, and his return was one of those few important to me.

I'm glad I didn't take my fem Agent through KOTFE. If Vector's return is as rubbish as Iokath, I never will do any new content with her. It's bad enough my male Agent lost his best friend, she doesn't have to lose her husband.

Default Vector <3 :D

I've tried using all of his other customizations in the past, but none of them seemed like Vector. Typically I use a new customization on each character (ex. Vette on one warrior has to look different than my other warrior's Vette; my Jorgans all look different; etc), but Vector and Quinn are my exceptions, I guess. I keep them default.

My first Vector (who is romanced) has this customisation, however my second Vector (not romanced) I gave this customisation which I absolutely loved in the cut scenes - it looks much better than that picture. I've made a third agent just to romance Vector with that customisation. I won't be taking any of them through the KofTE/KotET/Iokath stories though now that they have stealth removed player's customisation choices during cut scenes for returning companions. The Vector who returns just won't be my agent's "Vectors" without their customisation.

Edited by Sarova

My first Vector (who is romanced) has this customisation, however my second Vector (not romanced) I gave this customisation

I gave the first one to my male agent, who is doing KOTFE/ET, so non-romanced. My romanced Vekky is default without any custom, but I may add this one too. The face is the same, safe the purple veins, and changing hair is no biggie, so wouldn't turn him into a different person.

If you mean KOTFE chapters, they were fairly fine at least in the aspect of amount of content WITH returning companions. Did you play Iokath yet? Players waiting for Dorne and Quinn return got 3-6 minutes of cutscenes total, both companions' roles are pretty generic (could be any random new NPC), mostly irrelevant to the story, customisations didn't work, and many players didn't even get the appropriate companion due to bugs.

I call that rotten. More so, since Quinn is my favourite companion, and his return was one of those few important to me.

I'm glad I didn't take my fem Agent through KOTFE. If Vector's return is as rubbish as Iokath, I never will do any new content with her. It's bad enough my male Agent lost his best friend, she doesn't have to lose her husband.

While Vector is my favorite companion and I don't really have any investment in Quinn or Dorne, I do feel bad for the people who were looking forward to getting them back. If Vector or Doc had returned that way I would have been disappointed, though it would still be a relief to have my companions back. Maybe the extremem dissatisfaction will help improve future returns. Perhaps optimism is foolish but I have to cling to hope.

• 4 weeks later...
Quick question. I tried starting KotFE with my Vector-romancing agent. In the cases of the handful of other classes I've started KotFE with, it's always the romanced companion walking at the PC's side at the beginning of the chapter. My consular gets Iresso, my trooper gets Jorgan, etc. When I tried with my female agent, though, I got Kaliyo. Is this supposed to happen? Vector is my agent's husband and also her highest-affection companion. Makes me wonder if the romance got bugged somewhere. :( (Pun not intended!)

Quick question. I tried starting KotFE with my Vector-romancing agent. In the cases of the handful of other classes I've started KotFE with, it's always the romanced companion walking at the PC's side at the beginning of the chapter. My consular gets Iresso, my trooper gets Jorgan, etc. When I tried with my female agent, though, I got Kaliyo. Is this supposed to happen? Vector is my agent's husband and also her highest-affection companion. Makes me wonder if the romance got bugged somewhere. :( (Pun not intended!)

Romance isn't bugged (teehee :D)...it's supposed to happen like that. It's the first romanceable companion of the class, regardless of romance chosen or relationship status.

Smuggler - Corso

Trooper - Jorgan

Knight - Kira

Consular - Iresso

Warrior - Vette

Inquisitor - Andronikos

Agent - Kaliyo

Hunter - Mako

Thanks for this information! I didn't realise it worked like that. For one thing, I never thought of Iresso as the first romanceable consular companion, because we meet him last. Nadia's with us for longer in the story, even if she joins us as a companion later. I guess I was just lucky up to this point that the first chapter featured my characters' romances prominently! It made me assume that was normal. (I already ran a Kaliyo-romancing agent through KotFE as well and assumed she was with him at the start because of the romance.)

It's a shame BW didn't actually do it like I thought they did... It really adds extra impact to the story when it's your LI who you're trying to help get away from the battle, and who doesn't want to leave you behind.

Edited by Estelindis

Thanks for this information! I didn't realise it worked like that. For one thing, I never thought of Iresso as the first romanceable consular companion, because we meet him last. Nadia's with us for longer in the story, even if she joins us as a companion later. I guess I was just lucky up to this point that the first chapter featured my characters' romances prominently! It made me assume that was normal. (I already ran a Kaliyo-romancing agent through KotFE as well and assumed she was with him at the start because of the romance.)

It's a shame BW didn't actually do it like I thought they did... It really adds extra impact to the story when it's your LI who you're trying to help get away from the battle, and who doesn't want to leave you behind.

Agreed, when I ran my Jedi knight through I was hoping Doc would be with her. I'm not a big Kira fan and my Jedi wasn't particularly close to her. Oh well, it's already done and it isn't going to change. At the end of the day it wasn't gamebreaking anyway.

In other news, my Vector obsession is out of hand. I actually created a smuggler version of my agent, romanced Corso but turned him down when he proposed. SOMEDAY Vector will return and when that day comes I'm running the smuggler version of my agent through and snatching up the bugboy, romanceable or not. I'll just headcanon like crazy and max out his affection, lol.

Edited by DuchessKristania

I'm romancing Vector for the first time on my female Chiss Agent, and Vector is adorable :3 love his calm and kind attitude, he and my Agent fit so well together ^^ Don't care much for Kaliyo or Raina, I played Agent's story as male Chiss Agent, and Kaliyo didn't fit at all with him, while Raina just didn't feel interesting. Vector though, he's my favorite on Agent's companions by far ^^

I'm romancing Vector for the first time on my female Chiss Agent, and Vector is adorable :3 love his calm and kind attitude, he and my Agent fit so well together ^^ Don't care much for Kaliyo or Raina, I played Agent's story as male Chiss Agent, and Kaliyo didn't fit at all with him, while Raina just didn't feel interesting. Vector though, he's my favorite on Agent's companions by far ^^

My agent is Chiss as well. I call her the tiny blue death flower, lol. I don't know why, but romancing Vector as a Chiss just seems right. Granted, Chiss are my fav species, so I'm admittedly biased.

I started a new female agent after sternly telling myself I never would. .-. Anyways. Even though this agent is in a headcanon all on her own, technically exists some twenty to thirty-odd years after the start of SWTOR (she's the daughter of my warrior and Quinn), even though she ALREADY HAS a love interest via headcanon and stories... I am going to have such a hard time not romancing Vector. D:

I mean. He's there. Being Vector.

Headcanon be darned. How in the worlds am I supposed to resist the LoveBug? :(

I started a new female agent after sternly telling myself I never would. .-. Anyways. Even though this agent is in a headcanon all on her own, technically exists some twenty to thirty-odd years after the start of SWTOR (she's the daughter of my warrior and Quinn), even though she ALREADY HAS a love interest via headcanon and stories... I am going to have such a hard time not romancing Vector. D:

I mean. He's there. Being Vector.

Headcanon be darned. How in the worlds am I supposed to resist the LoveBug? :(

Oh, wow, that is a tough one. He's all adorable and . . . Vector-y. If you can find a way to resist the Lovebug you're a stronger person than I am.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.