Star Fortress Bug: Companions Completely Disappear on Elevators

Xina_LA

4. Companions not only disappear when using an elevator, the whole companion interaction bar disappears.

I recommend for every player, that after using an elevator or anything that loads a new map/ screen to check your companion. I have to click on the Companion window keybind & then summon the companion again every time. You can always summon them back, but with the mobs sometimes so close to the elevator if you step OUT or close to the exit of the elevator you will be in combat and no longer able to summon your companion.

I really hope they fix this sometime.

Adding another voice to the choir... please fix this bug that is over a year old. Companions dismissed after every single elevator sequence in all Star Fortresses. Like others, I've also submitted this as a bug multiple times.

I have same problem and call it a software gimmick bug in some areas. EA need to repair back under warranty after tech mistakes.

"Under warranty"? :confused: SteveTheCynic is confused.

Have you read the warranty terms of any piece of software? Have you read the terms of service for an MMORPG?

The "Service Level Agreement" for all MMORPGs is "uh, yeah, maybe", so getting any kind of warranty repair is not even as hopeful as a "lost cause".

"Under warranty"? :confused: SteveTheCynic is confused.

Have you read the warranty terms of any piece of software? Have you read the terms of service for an MMORPG?

The "Service Level Agreement" for all MMORPGs is "uh, yeah, maybe", so getting any kind of warranty repair is not even as hopeful as a "lost cause".

EA is the maker designer or founder for Star Wars the Old Republic game and knows what it had and knows how it works. Go take a look at EA company and they are great game company. Many subscribers been subscribe as me since game got started to support the game. EA gave license to those studios to keep it in great shape. Studios can add events and a lot of content. EA never take away or anything from subscribers all ready have own like class advance characters modify status, companions modify status and strongholds belongs to subscribers. Why messing with it after was tested. Star Fortress turbo lift was working with companions and not anymore. Class advance characters from year 2012 can't get C2-N2 droid now because back than you need resources. C2-N2 droid still asking for resources on one of my characters after the rules change on C2-N2 after game update.

I don't know why a bug got there and laws of nature inside the game got change why got bugs. Subscribers getting left out on OP missions and flashpoints had resources we need from flash points for craft items. Not EA company problem. Was those meddling online games for making a gimmick, credit scam sales, unfriendly guilds and change warzone rules status on advance class because not excepting to lose are the one don't like to pay for subscribe the game.

I don't know who is SteveTheCynic and you sounded you don't care of taking care of customers or keep ignore bug reports if that was your job and you fail.

Edited by Wagerbane
mistype

Wagerbane I can tell English is not your first or primary language. I have never bought a video game in the last thirty years that came with a warranty. SWTOR never came with a warranty and EA does not offer warranties with any of its games.

You are incorrect about companions and the elevators in the Star Fortress. They have always disappeared when using the elevators since they launched.

Finally, the terms of service for the game specifically state that EA can change the game at any point that they want to withou any warranty, guarantee, or advance notice. I suggest you try to locate a copy of the Terms of Service in your native language.

Edited by phalczen

Wagerbane I can tell English is not your first or primary language. I have never bought a video game in the last thirty years that came with a warranty. SWTOR never came with a warranty and EA does not offer warranties with any of its games.

You are incorrect about companions and the elevators in the Star Fortress. They have always disappeared when using the elevators since they launched.

Finally, the terms of service for the game specifically state that EA can change the game at any point that they want to withou any warranty, guarantee, or advance notice. I suggest you try to locate a copy of the Terms of Service in your native language.

It is my primary language and you are not allow to judge it on US servers.

I don't know who is SteveTheCynic

That's OK, I don't either.

and you sounded you don't care of taking care of customers or keep ignore bug reports if that was your job and you fail.

You read a *lot* into my statement that wasn't there. You were seeking a warranty repair, and I hoped merely to disabuse you of the notion of being able to do so, since there is *NO* warranty to get a repair under.

And taking care of the programming end of bug reports is very much my job, and I don't fail at it because I *do* care about getting the bug fixed for the customer. (OK, the software I work on is something rather more important than any video game. I won't bore you with the details, though.) My point was merely that you can't claim for a warranty repair because, as I said, there is no warranty.

It is my primary language and you are not allow to judge it on US servers.

There's a difference between "primary language" and "native language".

English is my native language - I was born in England and grew up there speaking English every day.

Outside of video games and their forums, my *primary* language (the one I use most often) is French because I live and work and shop and deal with government bureaucracy in France.

I would also suggest that the "errors" (in the sense of "differences from conventional usage") in your use of English here are more like those of a second-language speaker than a native speaker, and that's what makes people think you aren't a native speaker.

There's a difference between "primary language" and "native language".

English is my native language - I was born in England and grew up there speaking English every day.

Outside of video games and their forums, my *primary* language (the one I use most often) is French because I live and work and shop and deal with government bureaucracy in France.

I would also suggest that the "errors" (in the sense of "differences from conventional usage") in your use of English here are more like those of a second-language speaker than a native speaker, and that's what makes people think you aren't a native speaker.

Sorry that you are inside US forums and you are on the wrong forums. You need to be on foreign forums from your foreign area is where you live. You where saying is discrimination about language. Your saying that language thing up on purpose is how you treat the US like its weak to you after see the UK was on the Fox news.

SWTOR needs to move people back to game servers and forums is where they live by mailing address..

I am interested on game topic and want the bug be fix. Not interested in foreign meddlers like you messing with US servers and me. :D Bye!!

Sorry that you are inside US forums and you are on the wrong forums. You need to be on foreign forums from your foreign area is where you live. You where saying is discrimination about language. Your saying that language thing up on purpose is how you treat the US like its weak to you after see the UK was on the Fox news.

SWTOR needs to move people back to game servers and forums is where they live by mailing address..

I am interested on game topic and want the bug be fix. Not interested in foreign meddlers like you messing with US servers and me. :D Bye!!

What the blue blazes are you talking about? There are no US-only forums here. This is an English-language forum, for anyone who can read and write English well enough to be understood, whether or not English is their native language. And for reference, to repeat what I said before, English *IS* my native language.

And no, I have no inclination to enter into a political "debate" based on whether or not I watch Fox News. If you must know, no, I don't watch *any* TV at all. I would not say that the US is weak. I'm not impressed by their most recent choice for President, but the country itself is not weak. I'd love to know where you dragged that up from as a thing to throw at me. And, lest you think I'm being anti-US in that, I'm not impressed by all the guff that's going on in the UK at the moment.

• 6 months later...

Adding a +1 to "Please Fix This Bug"...

Been doing Star Fortress on several characters recently and there are times when I still forgot to re-summon my companion. I've died at least a dozen horrible deaths because my companion bails on me every time I use an elevator. Please fix this ASAP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...